Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Messages unread

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Probably a stupid question but I've sent messages to people on here and it always states unread even over a vast amount of time but they've been online.should I take the hint?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Probably a stupid question but I've sent messages to people on here and it always states unread even over a vast amount of time but they've been online.should I take the hint?"

That's usually a not interested but a lot of singles and couples get hundreds of messages and takes a while to get through

over a year ago

Ye thought that sent face pic with messages never mind.Been waiting five days for a reply off one been on everyday.Aint giving up

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Yup .. Give up.. Put a note in their profile notebox with the message you sent and date .. then you will know who has ignored you for future reference

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS
over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

Yes, take the hint. I've currently got over 100 unread messages, you can get the gist of a message in the preview or by looking at their profile without opening the message. I had to block someone today who sent me 10 messages in 2 days, none of which were opened, he clearly didn't get the hint lol

over a year ago

My advice, delete sent mail. It'll stop you checking over and over if it's been read.

If they reply, great. If not, oh well.

over a year ago

Thanks all for the replies.i just send one and see if I get reply I try not to be a pest.just a no thankyou would be nice but never mind

over a year ago

I've got 603 unread messages and can't reply to them all xx

over a year ago

Did you know people can read your message then mark it as unread so you think your message has not been opened.

I don’t think FAB should allow this!

But once I find someone has been online and hasn’t read my message. I delete it.

By *entralscotscpl7Couple
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Did you know people can read your message then mark it as unread so you think your message has not been opened.

I don’t think FAB should allow this!

But once I find someone has been online and hasn’t read my message. I delete it."

Why should fab not allow it.

The site rules clearly state "no reply, not interested" regardless if the message is read or not.

Post new Message to Thread