By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Does this cover both TS and TV?

I hope my curiosity doesn't offend.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Yes. That's why many don't like the term.

over a year ago

If a man seeks a Tgirl, can he be straight or is he fooling himself/others? I'm sure this question depends on the answer to my OP.

over a year ago

"Yes. That's why many don't like the term. "

Well they are a world apart.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"If a man seeks a Tgirl, can he be straight or is he fooling himself/others? I'm sure this question depends on the answer to my OP."

If she's pre-op the man's not straight.

By *ana_nana_MATTMAN!Man
over a year ago

Haywood Village, Weston-super-Mare

"If a man seeks a Tgirl, can he be straight or is he fooling himself/others? I'm sure this question depends on the answer to my OP."

They could just be straight and experimenting, but if the guy is running the experiment over and over again, he's probably not completely straight

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"If a man seeks a Tgirl, can he be straight or is he fooling himself/others? I'm sure this question depends on the answer to my OP.

If she's pre-op the man's not straight."

Not true! I can have sex with a legal woman and she can still have a cock! Pumping in and out of my arse in a completely STRAIGHT way..

over a year ago

"If a man seeks a Tgirl, can he be straight or is he fooling himself/others? I'm sure this question depends on the answer to my OP.

Not true! I can have sex with a legal woman and she can still have a cock! Pumping in and out of my arse in a completely STRAIGHT way.. "

over a year ago

Not true! I can have sex with a legal woman and she can still have a cock! Pumping in and out of my arse in a completely STRAIGHT way.. "

Don't YOU start . A legal woman is post-op.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Not true! I can have sex with a legal woman and she can still have a cock! Pumping in and out of my arse in a completely STRAIGHT way..

Don't YOU start . A legal woman is post-op."

You're wrong.

over a year ago

You're wrong. "

I'm not including those born a woman and like pegging

By *nicecoupleXCouple
over a year ago

Hitch

They could just be straight and experimenting, but if the guy is running the experiment over and over again, he's probably not completely straight"

No kidding lol

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

They are the ones who failed to make it into "m-people" - much like "zz top"

over a year ago

I thought it was the lady who used to push the trolly on trains

over a year ago

Bearing in mind that i grew up in a Yorkshire steel town so i might be wrong this is the way i understand it.

Cross dresser: a man who sometimes likes to dress as a woman for kicks but still looks like a bloke in a frock.

Transvestite: as above but makes more of an effort to look like a woman (wig, make up, depilation etc).

Tgirls and transexuals are one and the same: who truly feel that they are actually women and act and dress as such not for kicks but because they have a deep seated need to do so.

Like i said i could be wrong and this is in no way intended to sound judgemental.

By *iSTARessWoman
over a year ago

London

You're wrong. "

Yup

over a year ago

"Bearing in mind that i grew up in a Yorkshire steel town so i might be wrong this is the way i understand it.

Cross dresser: a man who sometimes likes to dress as a woman for kicks but still looks like a bloke in a frock.

Transvestite: as above but makes more of an effort to look like a woman (wig, make up, depilation etc).

Tgirls and transexuals are one and the same: who truly feel that they are actually women and act and dress as such not for kicks but because they have a deep seated need to do so.

Like i said i could be wrong and this is in no way intended to sound judgemental."

Pretty much this. Ts implies, to me at least, some level of transition.

Personally I refer to myself as a transgirl as I feel transsexual is an outraged term and transgender sounds a too formal.

over a year ago

*outdated not outraged

By *iSTARessWoman
over a year ago

London

"Bearing in mind that i grew up in a Yorkshire steel town so i might be wrong this is the way i understand it.

Like i said i could be wrong and this is in no way intended to sound judgemental."

Kinda but I've trans friends who'd rip you a new bum hole if you called them a Tgirl. Generally, a Tgirl is a transvestite.

over a year ago

Personally i think we're too caught up with semantics, everything has to have a label so it can be fitted neatly into it's own little box.

Whether you're cd, tv or ts why should anyone really care?

over a year ago

Like i said i could be wrong and this is in no way intended to sound judgemental.

Kinda but I've trans friends who'd rip you a new bum hole if you called them a Tgirl. Generally, a Tgirl is a transvestite."

Yeah, just tgirl on its own with no further clarification has a lot of connotations.

Ideally it would be nice if there were a separate choice on your profile for tv/CD and trans.

over a year ago

Kinda but I've trans friends who'd rip you a new bum hole if you called them a Tgirl. Generally, a Tgirl is a transvestite."

I stand corrected, i quite like my bumhole the way it is.

over a year ago

"Personally i think we're too caught up with semantics, everything has to have a label so it can be fitted neatly into it's own little box.

Whether you're cd, tv or ts why should anyone really care? "

Well for a start if you are an actively transitioning trans person then certain things might not work the way people expect them to so there's a degree of expectation there.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

You're wrong. "

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"

Generally, a Tgirl is a transvestite."

over a year ago

"Personally i think we're too caught up with semantics, everything has to have a label so it can be fitted neatly into it's own little box.

Well for a start if you are an actively transitioning trans person then certain things might not work the way people expect them to so there's a degree of expectation there. "

I understand but i was more referring to people being judged for the way they wish to live their lives. No offence is intended.

over a year ago

They could just be straight and experimenting, but if the guy is running the experiment over and over again, he's probably not completely straight"

Brilliant

over a year ago

Well for a start if you are an actively transitioning trans person then certain things might not work the way people expect them to so there's a degree of expectation there.

I understand but i was more referring to people being judged for the way they wish to live their lives. No offence is intended."

None taken. I can't claim to speak for all trans people but I would think a lot of us want to get away from the "bloke in a dress" narrative so conflating trans and CD just reinforces it.

I'm not saying that's what you intended but for me personally I would like to see a level of separation.

over a year ago

I understand but i was more referring to people being judged for the way they wish to live their lives. No offence is intended.

None taken. I can't claim to speak for all trans people but I would think a lot of us want to get away from the "bloke in a dress" narrative so conflating trans and CD just reinforces it.

I'm not saying that's what you intended but for me personally I would like to see a level of separation."

I do understand there is a clear and marked difference between cd/tv and trans as i already mentioned in an earlier post.

over a year ago

"Does this cover both TS and TV?

I hope my curiosity doesn't offend."

I always thought Tgirls were TS and lived as a female: as in Trans-Girl. Where as TVs were simply known as a TV and liked dressing femal on occasion.

over a year ago

I'm not saying that's what you intended but for me personally I would like to see a level of separation.

I do understand there is a clear and marked difference between cd/tv and trans as i already mentioned in an earlier post."

I wasn't saying you don't understand, but you did day were getting caught up in semantics. I was just saying it can't just be semantics.

Yes, ideally as you said, nobody should care, but society in general isn't at that point yet. And that's why trans people are having to fight to be recognized as our identified gender and have to prove to a therapist (which I've had to do) that I'm not "just a crossdresser"

By *electableDalliancesCouple
over a year ago

leeds

I think there should be different boxes to tick to be honest rather than grouping all the T's together, because if you are open to meeting a TG/TS post op female to male , that's very different to wanting to meet a TG/TS pre op male to female and vice versa.

By *ast_And_CuriousMan
over a year ago

Sevenoaks

"Does this cover both TS and TV?

I hope my curiosity doesn't offend.

I always thought Tgirls were TS and lived as a female: as in Trans-Girl. Where as TVs were simply known as a TV and liked dressing female on occasion. "

This is correct.

over a year ago

I do understand there is a clear and marked difference between cd/tv and trans as i already mentioned in an earlier post.

I wasn't saying you don't understand, but you did day were getting caught up in semantics. I was just saying it can't just be semantics.

Yes, ideally as you said, nobody should care, but society in general isn't at that point yet. And that's why trans people are having to fight to be recognized as our identified gender and have to prove to a therapist (which I've had to do) that I'm not "just a crossdresser" "

Isn't there a legal process that enables you to prove that? I'm afraid i'm coming across as a little ignorant.

over a year ago

Yes, ideally as you said, nobody should care, but society in general isn't at that point yet. And that's why trans people are having to fight to be recognized as our identified gender and have to prove to a therapist (which I've had to do) that I'm not "just a crossdresser"

Isn't there a legal process that enables you to prove that? I'm afraid i'm coming across as a little ignorant."

There is, but for a start the process of getting a grc (gender recognition certificate) requires you to have had full surgery, which is fine, but, that's a very long road.

For example for me, from being referred to the gender clinic by my go to my first appointment was 18 months, then 6 months to my second appointment, then another 6 months before I could see an endo to be prescribed hormones. You then need to be on hormones a number of years, 4 I believe is the average, before you can even go on the waiting list for surgery which can be ridiculous in and of itself. Then you can start applying for the certificate.

There is currently a consultation going on in the government which would allow for self identification in order to update birth certificates but whether it goes through or not is up in the air.

By *witch4Fun24Couple
over a year ago

Leicester

Incorrect, you can legally change your name at any stage prior to, during or after your transition. You can get a Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC) after two years of socially transitioning regardless of whether you have started medically transitioning yet. The GRC is the whole legal "you are actually this gender now legally and with rights" and stuff. Many places only require a GRC or deedpoll to change details on things like passports, driving license, marriage etc so you can "legally be a woman" prior to even starting hormone treatment let alone starting the surgical route.

over a year ago

Incorrect, you can legally change your name at any stage prior to, during or after your transition. You can get a Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC) after two years of socially transitioning regardless of whether you have started medically transitioning yet. The GRC is the whole legal "you are actually this gender now legally and with rights" and stuff. Many places only require a GRC or deedpoll to change details on things like passports, driving license, marriage etc so you can "legally be a woman" prior to even starting hormone treatment let alone starting the surgical route."

I'd rather believe someone going through the process like Amy on this thread, than Wiki.

By *witch4Fun24Couple
over a year ago

Leicester

"There is, but for a start the process of getting a grc (gender recognition certificate) requires you to have had full surgery, which is fine, but, that's a very long road.

For example for me, from being referred to the gender clinic by my go to my first appointment was 18 months, then 6 months to my second appointment, then another 6 months before I could see an endo to be prescribed hormones. You then need to be on hormones a number of years, 4 I believe is the average, before you can even go on the waiting list for surgery which can be ridiculous in and of itself. Then you can start applying for the certificate.

There is currently a consultation going on in the government which would allow for self identification in order to update birth certificates but whether it goes through or not is up in the air.

"

You can get GRC two years after socially transitioning now, there is precedent. However yes, medically transitioned people are far far more likely to be approved by the panel straight off instead of providing further evidence.

over a year ago

Isn't there a legal process that enables you to prove that? I'm afraid i'm coming across as a little ignorant.

There is, but for a start the process of getting a grc (gender recognition certificate) requires you to have had full surgery, which is fine, but, that's a very long road.

"

As far as i'm aware the process is so protracted and complicated because the authorities need to be sure that the trans person definitely wants to go ahead with it and that it's not just a whim. After all this is the ultimate 'lifestyle change' and the operation itself comes with it's own risks and is expensive, painful and irreversible.

Maybe it does need to be simplified but to me this situation is becoming so common that i think we should have a legally recognised third gender. Would you agree?

over a year ago

"There is, but for a start the process of getting a grc (gender recognition certificate) requires you to have had full surgery, which is fine, but, that's a very long road.

You can get GRC two years after socially transitioning now, there is precedent. However yes, medically transitioned people are far far more likely to be approved by the panel straight off instead of providing further evidence."

Yeah, that's what I meant, I know you can apply forgot sooner but you're almost certainly going to get denied. Especially if you haven't even started down the medical route to get a diagnosis.

By *witch4Fun24Couple
over a year ago

Leicester

Incorrect, you can legally change your name at any stage prior to, during or after your transition. You can get a Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC) after two years of socially transitioning regardless of whether you have started medically transitioning yet. The GRC is the whole legal "you are actually this gender now legally and with rights" and stuff. Many places only require a GRC or deedpoll to change details on things like passports, driving license, marriage etc so you can "legally be a woman" prior to even starting hormone treatment let alone starting the surgical route.

I'd rather believe someone going through the process like Amy on this thread, than Wiki."

I would too tbf. To those who don't bother reading my profile; Hi, I'm Zee. Am FtM, currently hormonally transitioning and on waiting list for top surgery. I work at a LGBT+ charity providing information and support to young adults who are also transitioning or questioning.

I do not get my information from Wiki, I get it via attending various therapy, medical and trans related conferences as well as through information provided by my own experiences and meetings with both NHS trusts and Private sector.

The above poster is correct; wiki may not provide you with entirely correct information.

over a year ago

As far as i'm aware the process is so protracted and complicated because the authorities need to be sure that the trans person definitely wants to go ahead with it and that it's not just a whim. After all this is the ultimate 'lifestyle change' and the operation itself comes with it's own risks and is expensive, painful and irreversible.

Maybe it does need to be simplified but to me this situation is becoming so common that i think we should have a legally recognised third gender. Would you agree?"

Yes and no, I agree a third gender should be brought in for non binary people however I don't want to be recognised as an "other gender" I'm a woman and want to be recognised as such.

I understand the process is lengthy to stop people doing it on a whim but honestly, I don't think people would.

Why would you choose to put yourself in a position where from societies point of view you are at best the butt of a joke or at worst some kind of aberrant who is probably a sex offender? I can't think of many people who would choose that.

By *witch4Fun24Couple
over a year ago

Leicester

You can get GRC two years after socially transitioning now, there is precedent. However yes, medically transitioned people are far far more likely to be approved by the panel straight off instead of providing further evidence.

Yeah, that's what I meant, I know you can apply forgot sooner but you're almost certainly going to get denied. Especially if you haven't even started down the medical route to get a diagnosis. "

Yep, some people just can't wait though. Currently three years in this never ending limbo, roll on self recognition

over a year ago

Yeah, that's what I meant, I know you can apply forgot sooner but you're almost certainly going to get denied. Especially if you haven't even started down the medical route to get a diagnosis.

Yep, some people just can't wait though. Currently three years in this never ending limbo, roll on self recognition "

Me too, I'll be 3 year on hrt in October and 5 and change years since the start of my journey! Got to love the crumbling stygian edifice that is the nhs!

over a year ago

I'd rather believe someone going through the process like Amy on this thread, than Wiki.

I would too tbf. To those who don't bother reading my profile; Hi, I'm Zee. Am FtM, currently hormonally transitioning and on waiting list for top surgery. I work at a LGBT+ charity providing information and support to young adults who are also transitioning or questioning.

I do not get my information from Wiki, I get it via attending various therapy, medical and trans related conferences as well as through information provided by my own experiences and meetings with both NHS trusts and Private sector.

The above poster is correct; wiki may not provide you with entirely correct information."

Oops hands up - I'd just read wiki and it was like rereading it again.

over a year ago

Maybe it does need to be simplified but to me this situation is becoming so common that i think we should have a legally recognised third gender. Would you agree?

Yes and no, I agree a third gender should be brought in for non binary people however I don't want to be recognised as an "other gender" I'm a woman and want to be recognised as such.

I understand the process is lengthy to stop people doing it on a whim but honestly, I don't think people would.

Why would you choose to put yourself in a position where from societies point of view you are at best the butt of a joke or at worst some kind of aberrant who is probably a sex offender? I can't think of many people who would choose that."

I completely understand your point, perhaps a third gender recognition in the interim whilst undergoing the trans process. In no way do i see a trans woman/man as anything other than a woman/man. I just want to make that clear

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

Look around the world and throughout history, and you will find cultures that have recognised and embraced people of a third gender.

It is ultra-conservative religious conditioning over centuries that makes the concept so difficult for this culture to embrace.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

I'd rather believe someone going through the process like Amy on this thread, than Wiki."

What about a government site?

https://www.gov.uk/apply-gender-recognition-certificate

By *witch4Fun24Couple
over a year ago

Leicester

"

Oops hands up - I'd just read wiki and it was like rereading it again. "

No worries I am aware I talk like a text book often and have my sources questioned frequently.

By *amanthajonestsTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

I had my surgery in November last year. But I had a female passport and was issued with a female hospital number since 2014. So was "legally" female in every sense. Not without it's own problems. You no longer get notifications for male health screening but you do get invited for smear tests.I'd give them £100 right now if they could locate my cervix

over a year ago

"Look around the world and throughout history, and you will find cultures that have recognised and embraced people of a third gender.

It is ultra-conservative religious conditioning over centuries that makes the concept so difficult for this culture to embrace."

Absolutely.

over a year ago

As usual we are getting served with that Sordid and mythical Trans hierarchy which feeds the egos of a minority and brings nothing but confusion and robs common sense..

For me we Trans are all the same...

over a year ago

"As usual we are getting served with that Sordid and mythical Trans hierarchy which feeds the egos of a minority and brings nothing but confusion and robs common sense..

For me we Trans are all the same..."

If a transvestite wants to be a woman temporarily and transsexual wants to be a woman and identifies as a woman, how can all trans be the same?

over a year ago

"As usual we are getting served with that Sordid and mythical Trans hierarchy which feeds the egos of a minority and brings nothing but confusion and robs common sense..

If a transvestite wants to be a woman temporarily and transsexual wants to be a woman and identifies as a woman, how can all trans be the same?"

I'm being simplistic here, for as far as i am concerned, everyone is different anyway.

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

"Yes. That's why many don't like the term. "
there speaks an expert . I am a t girl

I find the term perfectly fine

over a year ago

"Yes. That's why many don't like the term. there speaks an expert . I am a t girl

I find the term perfectly fine "

What gender do you identify with though?

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

"Yes. That's why many don't like the term. there speaks an expert . I am a t girl

What gender do you identify with though?"

I'm female .I'm not confused .I still have my bits .I don't need treatment to make me what I am .I am what I am .I don't feel I have to explain myself to anyone .I don't give a damn what anyone thinks .that's their problem not mine .I live my life how I want to .I do exactly what I want .its my life no one else's

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/07/18 14:50:56]

over a year ago

If a transvestite wants to be a woman temporarily and transsexual wants to be a woman and identifies as a woman, how can all trans be the same?"

We are all equal, that psuedo trans heirarchy thats being promoted here, makes a few superior and then downgrades and degrades the rest...

over a year ago

What gender do you identify with though?I'm female .I'm not confused .I still have my bits .I don't need treatment to make me what I am .I am what I am .I don't feel I have to explain myself to anyone .I don't give a damn what anyone thinks .that's their problem not mine .I live my life how I want to .I do exactly what I want .its my life no one else's "

over a year ago

If a transvestite wants to be a woman temporarily and transsexual wants to be a woman and identifies as a woman, how can all trans be the same?

We are all equal, that psuedo trans heirarchy thats being promoted here, makes a few superior and then downgrades and degrades the rest..."

I'm guessing there'll be people who agree and disagree with you, however i don't see it as superior /inferior, i see it as different. Perhaps categorisation should be different?

By *irthandgirthMan
over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

Yep, some people just can't wait though. Currently three years in this never ending limbo, roll on self recognition "

Checks and balances will need to be in place for this to make sure people aren't doing this for the wrong reasons.

I am not 100% sure of all the details and someone will probably correct me but i am aware of a case recently where a male was sent to a female prison as he was living as a female (again, not sure if he was genuinely transitioning or this happened leading up to prison) While in jail he has sexually assaulted a number of females.

I am sure there are many other reasons why someone would want to claim or self identify as another gender.

Please excuse use of pronouns.

over a year ago

Not necessarily. If they have the correct paperwork then their penis is a female penis.

(If this doesn't make sense to you, don't come complaining to me about it.I don't make the law).

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

We are all equal, that psuedo trans heirarchy thats being promoted here, makes a few superior and then downgrades and degrades the rest...

I'm guessing there'll be people who agree and disagree with you, however i don't see it as superior /inferior, i see it as different. Perhaps categorisation should be different?"

why dissect this minority group up even more .isn't life complicated enough .how many groups do people need .we all have,a brain perhaps some people need to engage with theirs . I'm sorry but all this crap doesn't wash with me ..I will defend any TV/ TS /CD ..

over a year ago

I'm guessing there'll be people who agree and disagree with you, however i don't see it as superior /inferior, i see it as different. Perhaps categorisation should be different?"

Fabswingers is wise in keeping we Trans under one umbrella...

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Sexual orientation is sometimes thought of as one continuum between straight through bi to gay but it's probably intelligently realized as more complex than this, once non-binary gender understanding is held. If someone likes the opposite gender predominantly physically and psychologically, it's simplest identification is straight. You can love a blonde whilst also fancying a submissive brunette who always wears leather, without this implying that your orientation is complicated or that you have a specialist kink etc or wouldn't be 100% satisfied if everyone was a red head.

People are complex are may sometimes explore but learn as much from what they don't find satisfying as that which opens their minds to more.

over a year ago

Sexual orientation is sometimes thought of as one continuum between straight through bi to gay but it's probably intelligently realized as more complex than this, once non-binary gender understanding is held. If someone likes the opposite gender predominantly physically and psychologically, it's simplest identification is straight. You can love a blonde whilst also fancying a submissive brunette who always wears leather, without this implying that your orientation is complicated or that you have a specialist kink etc or wouldn't be 100% satisfied if everyone was a red head.

People are complex are may sometimes explore but learn as much from what they don't find satisfying as that which opens their minds to more."

You always articulate well, thank you.

over a year ago

I'm guessing there'll be people who agree and disagree with you, however i don't see it as superior /inferior, i see it as different. Perhaps categorisation should be different?why dissect this minority group up even more .isn't life complicated enough .how many groups do people need .we all have,a brain perhaps some people need to engage with theirs . I'm sorry but all this crap doesn't wash with me ..I will defend any TV/ TS /CD .."

What's crap about seeing things differently? As for defending, what is offending? Surely asking questions or sharing opinions is the mature way used by people wanting to understand?

over a year ago

I'm guessing there'll be people who agree and disagree with you, however i don't see it as superior /inferior, i see it as different. Perhaps categorisation should be different?why dissect this minority group up even more .isn't life complicated enough .how many groups do people need .we all have,a brain perhaps some people need to engage with theirs . I'm sorry but all this crap doesn't wash with me ..I will defend any TV/ TS /CD .."

The Chosen Few, the Little Britain Brigade have demanded that the whole world call them ladies, though some of them have ten foot willys and balls the size of melons and have Lord Justice BentCock declaring in the high court in Londinium that those ten foot Willys are legally ten foot vaginas, of course he should of gone to spec savers..

By *uzie69xTV/TS
over a year ago

Maidstone

"If a transvestite wants to be a woman temporarily and transsexual wants to be a woman and identifies as a woman, how can all trans be the same?"

Yes there is a distinction between CD/TV/TS-TG but for me the general term "Trans" covers all of this - the opposite of "Cis".

As for your original post of "T-Girls" to me T-Girls covers all MtF; and Trans or T-Guys (covers all FtM).

over a year ago

"If a transvestite wants to be a woman temporarily and transsexual wants to be a woman and identifies as a woman, how can all trans be the same?

Yes there is a distinction between CD/TV/TS-TG but for me the general term "Trans" covers all of this - the opposite of "Cis".

As for your original post of "T-Girls" to me T-Girls covers all MtF; and Trans or T-Guys (covers all FtM)."

Thank you.

Off topic, you have a wonderful figure.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Not necessarily. If they have the correct paperwork then their penis is a female penis.

(If this doesn't make sense to you, don't come complaining to me about it.I don't make the law)."

Told you so!

over a year ago

(If this doesn't make sense to you, don't come complaining to me about it.I don't make the law).

Told you so! "

Post new Message to Thread