Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Parents Music (Song)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As a child what music (song) did your parents play that you hated but now you’re like f**k yeah!

So many but gonna kick it off with Stairway to Heaven -Led Zeplin

Also wonder what our children will take from our generation?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lenderfoxMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Difficult to pin on one, but was probably by George Michael

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

My parents were quite old so in the 70’s and 80’s they were still listening to Elvis. One guy they did get me into was a short lived genre called ‘calypso’ so I quite like that on occasion. No one else has ever heard of Harry Belafonte.

By *lenderfoxMan
over a year ago

Leeds

"My parents were quite old so in the 70’s and 80’s they were still listening to Elvis. One guy they did get me into was a short lived genre called ‘calypso’ so I quite like that on occasion. No one else has ever heard of Harry Belafonte. "

I'm not sure i'd call it a short lived genre!

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"My parents were quite old so in the 70’s and 80’s they were still listening to Elvis. One guy they did get me into was a short lived genre called ‘calypso’ so I quite like that on occasion. No one else has ever heard of Harry Belafonte.

I'm not sure i'd call it a short lived genre!"

Maybe not I still sing them

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

I Love You Because - Jim Reeves. Was my mum's favourite. It reminds me of her.

My son has adopted none of my taste in music; beyond film and telly scores.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

My parents didn't listen to songs at all lol, unless you count Puccini arias....

By *aven RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"My parents were quite old so in the 70’s and 80’s they were still listening to Elvis. One guy they did get me into was a short lived genre called ‘calypso’ so I quite like that on occasion. No one else has ever heard of Harry Belafonte. "

Jump in the line was always played when all my aunt's, uncles and cousins were all together in my nan's x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I liked all my mum's music. My dad didn't play music until he got ill and had to leave work, when I was 23. He only played classical music, which I like too.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My dad was a rocker and was into Elvis, Billy Fury, Bill Haley and the Comets, Buddy Holly and played their records over and over..

Later he was into ELO and the Travelling wilburys..all of this has influenced me and has now rubbed off on my son, who also has a similar eclectic taste in music..

I don't recall not liking anything

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

I've heard of him, I wouldn't hear a song and know it was by him but I do recognise the name.

Post new Message to Thread