Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sharks in the gene pool

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Black sheep of the family

Is there a reason why just one member of your family turns out a dick? Drug use,booze,thief and just an all round dickhead.

No aspirations at all,no goal in life,no job

My question is why when all members of your family are hard working law abiding good people, is there just one that doesnt fit the mold?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lceeWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Black sheep of the family

Is there a reason why just one member of your family turns out a dick? Drug use,booze,thief and just an all round dickhead.

My question is why when all members of your family are hard working law abiding good people, is there just one that doesnt fit the mold?"

So you can have the dickhead uncle at the wedding. Otherwise it wouldn’t work.

over a year ago

My question is why when all members of your family are hard working law abiding good people, is there just one that doesnt fit the mold?

So you can have the dickhead uncle at the wedding. Otherwise it wouldn’t work."

Its a female

By *lbert_shlossedMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Genetical anomalies that crop up from time to time.

over a year ago

"Genetical anomalies that crop up from time to time.

"

Yep,im afraid so

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Yeah, my dickhead of a brother who I haven’t spoken to for 20 years and seen about 4 times. Druggie, thief, liar, lazy bastard.

over a year ago

"Yeah, my dickhead of a brother who I haven’t spoken to for 20 years and seen about 4 times. Druggie, thief, liar, lazy bastard."

Yep,i can relate to this

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Yeah, my dickhead of a brother who I haven’t spoken to for 20 years and seen about 4 times. Druggie, thief, liar, lazy bastard.

Yep,i can relate to this "

The last time I spoke to him I think it was when I threw a brick at him. It was about an hour after I found out he’d broken my mums wrist.

over a year ago

"Yeah, my dickhead of a brother who I haven’t spoken to for 20 years and seen about 4 times. Druggie, thief, liar, lazy bastard.

Yep,i can relate to this

The last time I spoke to him I think it was when I threw a brick at him. It was about an hour after I found out he’d broken my mums wrist. "

Really!! your mother

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I must be lucky, I don't have a black sheep in the family

....oh....wait a minute

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Yep,i can relate to this

The last time I spoke to him I think it was when I threw a brick at him. It was about an hour after I found out he’d broken my mums wrist.

Really!! your mother "

yes. my father had him arrested. I’m a bit angry now so am off for a coffee.

over a year ago

Yep,i can relate to this

Really!! your mother yes. my father had him arrested. I’m a bit angry now so am off for a coffee. "

over a year ago

My mum use to say you can choose your friends but not your family... I had the preverbial 'Uncle Knobhead'

over a year ago

It's a good question and one that puzzles me. My baby sister has been married 4 times. She has 3 children and 4 years ago, she decided to emigrate to Manitoba. She cut off everybody and took my nephews to live in the middle of nowhere. I've heard on the grapevine, she has now returned to the UK, minus her kids and 4th hubby! She met someone on the Internet. I cannot believe we are related, she's a bloody fruitloop and horrible person.

By *lbert_shlossedMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Yep,i can relate to this

Really!! your mother yes. my father had him arrested. I’m a bit angry now so am off for a coffee. "

Some folks brains just aren't wired up right

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Yeah, my dickhead of a brother who I haven’t spoken to for 20 years and seen about 4 times. Druggie, thief, liar, lazy bastard."

I've got a mate who is married with 3 kids, works about 60 hours a week, has a nice house & car and is someone you can rely on to help you out in a crisis. His brother though, is someone like you describe apart from the druggie bit, he's just a scrounging alcoholic who although intelligent and articulate, can't seem to pull his life round no matter how many of us have tried to help him

over a year ago

If you can't identify the black sheep does that mean it's you?

By *ottie_84Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I've got a mate who is married with 3 kids, works about 60 hours a week, has a nice house & car and is someone you can rely on to help you out in a crisis. His brother though, is someone like you describe apart from the druggie bit, he's just a scrounging alcoholic who although intelligent and articulate, can't seem to pull his life round no matter how many of us have tried to help him "

Unfortunately addicts will only accept help when they admit they have an addiction

over a year ago

"If you can't identify the black sheep does that mean it's you? "

No

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’m happily thinking I will only see him at funerals

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I've got a mate who is married with 3 kids, works about 60 hours a week, has a nice house & car and is someone you can rely on to help you out in a crisis. His brother though, is someone like you describe apart from the druggie bit, he's just a scrounging alcoholic who although intelligent and articulate, can't seem to pull his life round no matter how many of us have tried to help him

Unfortunately addicts will only accept help when they admit they have an addiction "

I'm a sex addict, can you help me?

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

We had an elephant in the room once

By *ottie_84Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

Unfortunately addicts will only accept help when they admit they have an addiction

I'm a sex addict, can you help me? "

Lol I would’ve done if you were at the attic last night

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

People vary genetically, even if the total gene pool is contained within 2 parents, plus they'll each have very different experiences as they're growing up, helping to shape their personalities etc.

Group dynamics, especially within families, also influence people taking on board traits and roles. They may acquire beliefs about themselves that other family members have helped to establish and consolidate as 'truths'. If you're wanting to look at one member of a family, then you're missing the bigger picture: look at the family.

In relationships it's very typical that someone will fulfill the expectations that others have of them - if people expect someone to behave a certain way, they'll also unconsciously prompt and encourage them to do this, often incredibly successfully. The behaviour of one person within a group cannot be viewed in isolation from the personalities and behaviours of the rest of the group.

A 'black sheep' is often someone who has been at some point the subject of neglect, abuse or insufficient care for them. They are a unique individual and so their needs will be unique to them. If there are several children, there may not quite have been sufficient love or attention to go around, whilst they were growing up: some of the children may have done better at getting their share of it.

It's common for people to project characteristics onto others that they dislike to some extent within themselves. A black sheep may be the unfortunate recipient of projection from some/all of the other members in the family. They may in essence be little difference between any of them but one individual has the existence of something highlighted and potentially exaggerated. The group's perception of this projected fantasy becomes the 'truth'.

Is it better for all people in the family to be the same? Absolutely not, especially if it involves them hiding aspects of themselves, in order to seemingly fit in. It may be that the 'black sheep' becomes the most honest of the group. Though being the opposite of what others conform to, just out of resistance from the pressure to conform, is also not a great freedom, as it's also somewhat of a trap.

It's complex imo and the ideal family structure would support being themselves, as well as not having covert coercion to be a formulation of what the rest of them cannot cope with about themselves etc.

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman
over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

My friends brother risk their black sheep. I remember his Dad crying to me when he was sent down for the umpteenth time. He said I don't know where I went wrong, gave him a roof over his head, decent clothes, homelife, holidays and look how he's turned out a Druggie, alcoholic dole bum. In my head I was screaming. His Dad had never worked more than a week in his life and was a bloody thief. Umm have you shown him any better!

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Lol I would’ve done if you were at the attic last night "

You'll have to let me know next time you go

By *ottie_84Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

Lol I would’ve done if you were at the attic last night

You'll have to let me know next time you go "

I will do

over a year ago

My question is why when all members of your family are hard working law abiding good people, is there just one that doesnt fit the mold?"

My baby brother is the black sheep in our family..

Alcoholic, drug addict, liar, thief, worked about 6 months in his whole life, complete charmer and utter b**tard all roled into one..

At one point in our lives me and my two other siblings had jobs working for HMRC, benefit fraud dept and the police and then there was him nicking bikes and robbing houses to pay for his habit..

We don't keep in touch

over a year ago

I like to be different

By *ature studentsCouple
over a year ago

Near Bournemouth Dorset.

My sister was all these as well. It may sound nasty but I don't miss her at all after her death.

I

over a year ago

Iv got a so called brother not spoken to him for 8 years + and he’s just an out and out arsehole don’t miss him one bit

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I'm the white sheep in my family.

Cal

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

My sister was all these as well. It may sound nasty but I don't miss her at all after her death.

I"

I won’t miss him when he goes.

over a year ago

Glad its not just me

over a year ago

over a year ago

Yep,i can relate to this

Really!! your mother yes. my father had him arrested. I’m a bit angry now so am off for a coffee. .

Some folks brains just aren't wired up right "

Correct

Post new Message to Thread