Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Blocked

Jump to newest

By *ufdiver OP   Man
over a year ago

Stoke on trent

How rude are some people. They ask for face pic, you send one, and they instantly block you. Manners cost nothing. A polite message to decline is all it takes. Can't do with bad mannered people, or are my standards and expectations too high

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It has nothing to do with manners. It is because of the abuse people have had to endure for saying a polite no thanks.

Its just people protecting themselves from a torrent of abuse

over a year ago

sometimes people block as they dont want to say "no thanks"

personally its their choice how they run the account they own and its preferences.

i had a bloke send me a face pic and block me before i had chance to see the message and respond

over a year ago

"How rude are some people. They ask for face pic, you send one, and they instantly block you. Manners cost nothing. A polite message to decline is all it takes. Can't do with bad mannered people, or are my standards and expectations too high "
they didn't fancy you saves further messages it's brutal but true

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

What difference does it make? They don’t want to meet you. It doesn’t matter why.

over a year ago

How rude consider yourself blocked

By *ufdiver OP   Man
over a year ago

Stoke on trent

Yeah I get other people can take exception to being rejected and become abusive. They shouldn't be on the site. Maybe I'm just too polite myself. I just send a message of best wishes back

over a year ago

"What difference does it make? They don’t want to meet you. It doesn’t matter why. "

sometimes harsh as sounds its very true. we are allon here for the same reason

over a year ago

"Yeah I get other people can take exception to being rejected and become abusive. They shouldn't be on the site. Maybe I'm just too polite myself. I just send a message of best wishes back "

on the worl wide web people think they can fight the world over a keyboard when as in person,most would skulk away

over a year ago

It's so easy to say not my type, but even easier to block.

Forget and move on.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"Yeah I get other people can take exception to being rejected and become abusive. They shouldn't be on the site. Maybe I'm just too polite myself. I just send a message of best wishes back "

Which is as it should be - but how does the recipient of the message know you're not going to be one of those that gets abusive?

All you can do is take it on the chin and accept that's how the person you've written to operates their profile.

It actually saves you the hassle of contacting them again in future too

By *etLikeMan
over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

Would you rather they send you a message saying you’re the ugly?

I had a conversation about five years ago with a couple on here. It got to the stage of sending face pics. I had longer hair at the time and sent a current photo. The reply was “sorry don’t do hippies lol” frankly I would have rather been just blocked.

They have actually winked and messaged me several times since. Oblivious to the fact we had previously chatted. I just ignored them. I then got a message sounding really surprised that a single guy wasn’t chomping at the bit whenever given attention. Karma

over a year ago

Yep pretty much every time I sent a face pic this happened

#FaceThatLaunchedAThousandBlocks

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

It's your first of many OP

By *ufdiver OP   Man
over a year ago

Stoke on trent

"Yeah I get other people can take exception to being rejected and become abusive. They shouldn't be on the site. Maybe I'm just too polite myself. I just send a message of best wishes back

Which is as it should be - but how does the recipient of the message know you're not going to be one of those that gets abusive?

All you can do is take it on the chin and accept that's how the person you've written to operates their profile.

It actually saves you the hassle of contacting them again in future too "

Fair comment

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

if folk send you their pictures op and youre not interested you're allowed to block or say no thanks as well ...it's a site tool some folk use others don't ..

over a year ago

Sorry for that

over a year ago

"Yeah I get other people can take exception to being rejected and become abusive. They shouldn't be on the site. Maybe I'm just too polite myself. I just send a message of best wishes back

It actually saves you the hassle of contacting them again in future too "

Exactly this.

Blocking or deleting a message has nothing to do with manners. They blocked you which means they aren’t interested so move on to someone who is.

It’s not the end of the world. We can’t be everyone’s type.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

If I sent a message with a face pic and was blocked, I’d prefer that to me asking why and them saying ‘cos you’re an ugly goblin’

over a year ago

"How rude are some people. They ask for face pic, you send one, and they instantly block you. Manners cost nothing. A polite message to decline is all it takes. Can't do with bad mannered people, or are my standards and expectations too high "

We don't want whinging replied of why aren't I your type. Some people can't take a simple no as a reply. They have to be childish and keep on.

Anyway, delete without reply is your answer. It's in the site rules! The fact they followed a delete with a block could very well mean they knew you wouldn't accept a simple no thanks.

Please stop acting entilited. They didn't fancy you so just relax and move on.

over a year ago

After being polite so long , blocking is now my way of replying

I’ve been called all sorts being polite

By *lceeWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I don't use the block button, but I delete unread if I’m not interested. Give me another couple of years and I’m sure I’ll be blocking too. The number of messages I got after, saying ‘but why?’ ‘I’m better in person’ and ‘screw you, you fat cunt, you couldn’t pull me if I was in a bar which is why you’re on here’ made me reconsider my polite response approach.

By *andonmessMan
over a year ago

A world all of his own

Or it could be that they recognise you from somewhere and don't want any awkwardness.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Maybe it was your sister.

Or Jims mum

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

The irony is your thread highlights why some block. Most of us have been blocked, few of us start a thread about it as we don't feel entitled. Be honest...what would your response have been if you were told sorry, you're not for me?

over a year ago

Its called excepting rejection and not annoying people till you make there shit itch

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

Your lucky just to get blocked.

Fab admin asked me to stop sending face pics as so many people were going UNLOS.

over a year ago

I know I’m going to get called all sorts of names for this, particularly the current goto insult ‘entitled’, but it IS a bit brutal. Sending a ‘thanks but you’re not for me’ message, THEN blocking is better. Had it recently after several very bubbly enthusiastic messages from a couple, saw their pics, suspected I wouldn’t be their type, sent mine. No response, just found I’d been blocked a day later when I was about to send a message. I know they don’t KNOW I won’t whinge on with pleading messages, but having got a feel for each other I think they could have taken a fair guess that I’m an emotional adult. Just a ‘thanks but no thanks’ before blocking would have made a lot of difference.

over a year ago

"I know I’m going to get called all sorts of names for this, particularly the current goto insult ‘entitled’, but it IS a bit brutal. Sending a ‘thanks but you’re not for me’ message, THEN blocking is better. Had it recently after several very bubbly enthusiastic messages from a couple, saw their pics, suspected I wouldn’t be their type, sent mine. No response, just found I’d been blocked a day later when I was about to send a message. I know they don’t KNOW I won’t whinge on with pleading messages, but having got a feel for each other I think they could have taken a fair guess that I’m an emotional adult. Just a ‘thanks but no thanks’ before blocking would have made a lot of difference."

You are ALL SORT OF NAMES !!

over a year ago

"How rude are some people. They ask for face pic, you send one, and they instantly block you. Manners cost nothing. A polite message to decline is all it takes. Can't do with bad mannered people, or are my standards and expectations too high

Fab admin asked me to stop sending face pics as so many people were going UNLOS."

You aren't that scary in person. You just have a very scary taste in shirts!

over a year ago

If you ave an issue grab a tissue

over a year ago

I regularly block, some barely say hello and I block them! It saves the rudeness after being rejected, far too many behave badly on here and I just don't want to put up with it!

You've chosen to send a message/face pic they've chosen to block, it's a site full of choices

over a year ago

"I know I’m going to get called all sorts of names for this, particularly the current goto insult ‘entitled’, but it IS a bit brutal. Sending a ‘thanks but you’re not for me’ message, THEN blocking is better. Had it recently after several very bubbly enthusiastic messages from a couple, saw their pics, suspected I wouldn’t be their type, sent mine. No response, just found I’d been blocked a day later when I was about to send a message. I know they don’t KNOW I won’t whinge on with pleading messages, but having got a feel for each other I think they could have taken a fair guess that I’m an emotional adult. Just a ‘thanks but no thanks’ before blocking would have made a lot of difference."

What difference would it have made other than you feeling that little bit better?

I personally wouldn’t waste my time sending a thanks but no thanks message if I’m going to block someone. I haven’t been blocked by someone for something like this but if I had, I’d be moving on, since dwelling on it isn’t going to make a difference.

I’ve been blocked after someone’s sent me abuse and I just laugh.

There are so many members on here and no doubt dozens who we can match with so I don’t get the need to dwell on one person or couple who have blocked.

over a year ago

"

You are ALL SORT OF NAMES !!

"

By *nicecoupleXCouple
over a year ago

Hitch

I often just say, thank you but not what we are quite looking for

Job done

;-)

over a year ago

it could be one of two thing which are they did not like what they saw which happen to me or they are only on here to collect photos meaning they could be male

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I think there's a difference between what the OP described which I took to be a first message that he'd included a pic with and the one you experienced where a number of messages had been swapped and a level of rapport, if not connection, had been built.

In your instance then yes a polite "sorry you're not for us, but it's been lovely swapping messages" would have been nice - whereas in the OP's instance I don't think it's necessary, although it would be nice and likewise nice to think that a polite no thanks would never be met with abuse.

over a year ago

"I know I’m going to get called all sorts of names for this, particularly the current goto insult ‘entitled’, but it IS a bit brutal. Sending a ‘thanks but you’re not for me’ message, THEN blocking is better. Had it recently after several very bubbly enthusiastic messages from a couple, saw their pics, suspected I wouldn’t be their type, sent mine. No response, just found I’d been blocked a day later when I was about to send a message. I know they don’t KNOW I won’t whinge on with pleading messages, but having got a feel for each other I think they could have taken a fair guess that I’m an emotional adult. Just a ‘thanks but no thanks’ before blocking would have made a lot of difference.

What difference would it have made other than you feeling that little bit better?

I personally wouldn’t waste my time sending a thanks but no thanks message if I’m going to block someone. I haven’t been blocked by someone for something like this but if I had, I’d be moving on, since dwelling on it isn’t going to make a difference.

There are so many members on here and no doubt dozens who we can match with so I don’t get the need to dwell on one person or couple who have blocked.

"

You’re choosing to define ‘dwelling on it’ as registering the interaction as a bit brutal at the time and being reminded of it just now..

Blocking after one message or an insult is a different thing to building a bit of connection, then blocking.

And I think it’s entirely likely that I will see them in a club on some occasion, or we will have friends in common. If I was enticing enough to approach and message over a couple of days, I was worth the consideration of a ‘no thanks’ message.

over a year ago

"I know I’m going to get called all sorts of names for this, particularly the current goto insult ‘entitled’, but it IS a bit brutal. Sending a ‘thanks but you’re not for me’ message, THEN blocking is better. Had it recently after several very bubbly enthusiastic messages from a couple, saw their pics, suspected I wouldn’t be their type, sent mine. No response, just found I’d been blocked a day later when I was about to send a message. I know they don’t KNOW I won’t whinge on with pleading messages, but having got a feel for each other I think they could have taken a fair guess that I’m an emotional adult. Just a ‘thanks but no thanks’ before blocking would have made a lot of difference.

You’re choosing to define ‘dwelling on it’ as registering the interaction as a bit brutal at the time and being reminded of it just now..

Blocking after one message or an insult is a different thing to building a bit of connection, then blocking.

And I think it’s entirely likely that I will see them in a club on some occasion, or we will have friends in common. If I was enticing enough to approach and message over a couple of days, I was worth the consideration of a ‘no thanks’ message."

But that building up a bit of connection could’ve been on your side only, and politeness on their part, unless they agree of course.

Maybe when you do see them they’ll ignore you, or they’ll explain, or they’ll say Hi & Walk on, who knows.

Everyone has a different view, if I’ve chatted to someone for a bit I personally would say thanks but no thanks, however some don’t do that & in my opinion it’s entirely fine and up to them how they operate, if it works for them, why change it.

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"How rude are some people. They ask for face pic, you send one, and they instantly block you. Manners cost nothing. A polite message to decline is all it takes. Can't do with bad mannered people, or are my standards and expectations too high

Fab admin asked me to stop sending face pics as so many people were going UNLOS.

You aren't that scary in person. You just have a very scary taste in shirts! "

I picked that one out specially.

Post new Message to Thread