Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Total Recall

Jump to newest

By *lacksausage OP   Man
over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

When shops, retailers, manufacturers etc recall products is it enough for them to simply display notices within their premises and shops?

Should they not be forced to take out advertising slots on TV/ radio to revers "wrongs"?

And now to my actual question: what happens to recall on consumables? Eggs, milk, biscuit, chicken etc? You cannot physically bring back what you ate so what does the law say on that?

Opinions, ideas and experiences welcome.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

"And now to my actual question: what happens to recall on consumables? Eggs, milk, biscuit, chicken etc? You cannot physically bring back what you ate so what does the law say on that?"

I just usually go back to the shop with my reciept and offer to regurgitate the contents of my stomach as proof

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I rarely go to shops so I wouldn't see the posters etc. I do think they should send this info out in other ways too.

By *lacksausage OP   Man
over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

"I rarely go to shops so I wouldn't see the posters etc. I do think they should send this info out in other ways too."

One of the few lucky ones, eh. But you are right; recalls must receive the same vigour with which adverts are carried out.

Post new Message to Thread