Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Short of offers

Jump to newest

By *arlo82 OP   Couple
over a year ago

the gym and random places

Does anyone else get the patronising messages daily of "I'm sure you'll not be short of offers "

Do people not realise by mdssGin4f saying that they are actually contributing to it. Try making an offer when you message someones profile ladies and gents instead of making them feel like something is wrong with them for not having lots of offers.

Yes I'm ranting... yea it's a Tuesday and sorry if you don't agree with me but let's not start another have a go at the OP thread please

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Does anyone else get the patronising messages daily of "I'm sure you'll not be short of offers "

Do people not realise by mdssGin4f saying that they are actually contributing to it. Try making an offer when you message someones profile ladies and gents instead of making them feel like something is wrong with them for not having lots of offers.

Yes I'm ranting... yea it's a Tuesday and sorry if you don't agree with me but let's not start another have a go at the OP thread please "

in a way it's a back handed compliment suggesting that you are so cute you're in demand

over a year ago

Another ‘woo is me’ I’m so popular post. Yawn !

over a year ago

You're really not a happy bunny with your experience on fab op

By *lceeWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I get them but I don’t mind them. It’s an icebreaker like any other. As long as the rest of the message is thought out, I’m fine

over a year ago

So you’re moaning at blokes for paying you a compliment OP, really that’s all you got ?

over a year ago

"Does anyone else get the patronising messages daily of "I'm sure you'll not be short of offers "

Yes I'm ranting... yea it's a Tuesday and sorry if you don't agree with me but let's not start another have a go at the OP thread please "

Perhaps they are being genuine. Or they think complimenting you is a way to get a shag.

I sometimes get those messages too but I don't feel bad.

over a year ago

That kind of message doesn't bother me, the main ones that annoy me are can I ask you a question and how are you finding fab.

over a year ago

We've had similar, can't say they bother me its hard to start a conversation on here so long as they've made an effort with the whole message I don't see it as a problem

By *arlo82 OP   Couple
over a year ago

"Another ‘woo is me’ I’m so popular post. Yawn !"

Aye of course no actually it's a seriously is this what fab is now?!?! I thought it was abouy engaging in conversation and making new friends

over a year ago

I'm guilty of saying that. I'm conscious that people may get numerous messages and I'm trying not to be a pain by adding to them?

It can always be an ice breaker if you reply "no, you must be desparate"?

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I get them but I don’t mind them. It’s an icebreaker like any other. As long as the rest of the message is thought out, I’m fine "

It's an attempt at a compliment isn't it? I don't mind those messages and I certainly don't view them as patronising but meh. People put their own feelings and experiences into words.

over a year ago

We get those messeges but they dont bother us to be honest.

By *arlo82 OP   Couple
over a year ago

And no I'm really not happy atm. All I get is messages 're events and asking me to set them up with others or messages that say there's no point in messaging you

It gets to the point of why bother ? I send well constructed first messages to people and nothing oh or i get abuse

And for the record I did ask could we avoid the whole attack the OP. Seems some can't help it

By *acktar74Man
over a year ago

leeds

I'd like to be able to get that far but lots of filters ring at past first

over a year ago

"Another ‘woo is me’ I’m so popular post. Yawn !

Aye of course no actually it's a seriously is this what fab is now?!?! I thought it was abouy engaging in conversation and making new friends "

it is but if you read negative into every message you get a negative approach to it, sometimes you have to get the conversation going, I mean how often do women reply 'yes,no,maybe,you never know or thankyou'?

By *arlo82 OP   Couple
over a year ago

And I should have clarified but I mean If i post a meet or status....

over a year ago

"And no I'm really not happy atm. All I get is messages 're events and asking me to set them up with others or messages that say there's no point in messaging you

It gets to the point of why bother ? I send well constructed first messages to people and nothing oh or i get abuse

And for the record I did ask could we avoid the whole attack the OP. Seems some can't help it"

I don't know what you expect to change as a result of posting a whingey thread.

over a year ago

"And no I'm really not happy atm. All I get is messages 're events and asking me to set them up with others or messages that say there's no point in messaging you

And for the record I did ask could we avoid the whole attack the OP. Seems some can't help it"

Men have that experience all the time.

over a year ago

Trouble is that you cant control what others say on threads here. Although some people seem to delight in it !

over a year ago

I kinda like them, especially when I'm having an ugly day, and whether it's true or not, a little rub of ones ego does no harm

Turn it into a positive OP and just enjoy it, let it put a smile on your face

over a year ago

Aye of course no actually it's a seriously is this what fab is now?!?! I thought it was abouy engaging in conversation and making new friends "

I think I’ve deciphered this correctly. You’re actually moaning about a compliment and he’s probably not expecting a reply, so that’s what you say when you’re not confident and think someone might be out of your league !

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"And for the record I did ask could we avoid the whole attack the OP. Seems some can't help it

Men have that experience all the time. "

Yeaaah. That doesn't make it right though. Regardless of who posts it's a shite thing to happen.

OP, if you're not really happy at the moment, taking a step back might be a solution. After a break I always view things a bit differently. Those messages won't change but how you view them might.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Perhaps they are being genuine. Or they think complimenting you is a way to get a shag.

I sometimes get those messages too but I don't feel bad. "

Oh Doris, or whatever yer called now, will you marry me?

By *arlo82 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Aye of course no actually it's a seriously is this what fab is now?!?! I thought it was abouy engaging in conversation and making new friends

I think I’ve deciphered this correctly. You’re actually moaning about a compliment and he’s probably not expecting a reply, so that’s what you say when you’re not confident and think someone might be out of your league ! "

I think it's a bizarre approach to say rhat to someone and when I do reply to say thanks for the compliment they tell me they arent even interested just dropping me a compliment

By *arlo82 OP   Couple
over a year ago

"And for the record I did ask could we avoid the whole attack the OP. Seems some can't help it

Yeaaah. That doesn't make it right though. Regardless of who posts it's a shite thing to happen.

OP, if you're not really happy at the moment, taking a step back might be a solution. After a break I always view things a bit differently. Those messages won't change but how you view them might."

I'm pretty much only on to boost the socials and club events as I've been stood up way too many times. I get a glimmer of hope sometimes and try but it's fruitless

over a year ago

We dont get messages. Hahaha!!. Well sometimes we do. But from people half the world away. (little exaggreation there)

over a year ago

Completely agree with this.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/07/18 07:54:23]

over a year ago

I think I’ve deciphered this correctly. You’re actually moaning about a compliment and he’s probably not expecting a reply, so that’s what you say when you’re not confident and think someone might be out of your league !

I think it's a bizarre approach to say rhat to someone and when I do reply to say thanks for the compliment they tell me they arent even interested just dropping me a compliment "

You have beautiful brown eyes OP.

over a year ago

OP you have 177 veris, I'd say that makes you a bit popular

over a year ago

"

You'll always have people having a pop. When it gets to the point where it's consistently the same people who only ever reply with abuse or shitty comments then you can make your cunt list. There's 9 on mine.

By *arlo82 OP   Couple
over a year ago

"

And for the record I did ask could we avoid the whole attack the OP. Seems some can't help it

You'll always have people having a pop. When it gets to the point where it's consistently the same people who only ever reply with abuse or shitty comments then you can make your cunt list. There's 9 on mine. "

There's definitely a few on my cunt list lovely

By *arlo82 OP   Couple
over a year ago

"OP you have 177 veris, I'd say that makes you a bit popular "

I host 2 social events in the north east that's why there's 177 veris.

That doesn't mean there's anyone in my bed!

By *arlo82 OP   Couple
over a year ago

I think it's a bizarre approach to say rhat to someone and when I do reply to say thanks for the compliment they tell me they arent even interested just dropping me a compliment

You have beautiful brown eyes OP."

Thank you

over a year ago

You have beautiful brown eyes OP.

Thank you "

Welcome.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Yet I'm sure if you got daily messages saying 'fancy a fuck now' you'd complain about that too. Not having a go just pointing out the futility of moaning about messages. Either way the guys can't win.

You do seem somewhat disgruntled at the moment, frustrated perhaps. Try not organising socials for other people and going back to basics here. Do things just for you.

over a year ago

"OP you have 177 veris, I'd say that makes you a bit popular "

But to some people, being "popular" by having multiple veris (and the OP has organised events, so that many veris shouldn't be a surprise) is not the same as having a real-life connection with people. Some of us are not looking online "popularity" and fatuous compliments from strangers

over a year ago

Well I've no chance.. I'm well out of your age range.

over a year ago

Nope, never but I missed that, I missed something that never happen.

If I want to be patronised, given a life lesson and belittle I come to the forums and seek for certain threads

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Oh well happy days

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Nope, never but I missed that, I missed something that never happen.

If I want to be patronised, given a life lesson and belittle I come to the forums and seek for certain threads "

Blimey (it's an English phrase), I think I love you more than ever now

over a year ago

If I want to be patronised, given a life lesson and belittle I come to the forums and seek for certain threads

Blimey (it's an English phrase), I think I love you more than ever now "

Was it a patronising comment ? Haha

over a year ago

"OP you have 177 veris, I'd say that makes you a bit popular .

But to some people, being "popular" by having multiple veris (and the OP has organised events, so that many veris shouldn't be a surprise) is not the same as having a real-life connection with people. Some of us are not looking online "popularity" and fatuous compliments from strangers "

You have a lovely derrière. Yes, I’m fluent !

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Was it a patronising comment ? Haha "

Maybe, I bet you would like to find out

P.s. don't tell Impala or Bannanaaaa though

over a year ago

P.s. don't tell Impala or Bannanaaaa though "

Who ?

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Who ? "

I think they may have a crush on you

over a year ago

Who ?

I think they may have a crush on you "

I think they just want to drive my 205 diesel !

over a year ago

"That kind of message doesn't bother me, the main ones that annoy me are can I ask you a question and how are you finding fab. "

I ignore these now

over a year ago

Sorry to hear your not finding what your looking for here darlo.

Unfortunately I think it’s the case for many on here but I really didn’t think you’d be one of them.

Is it possible to maybe pass some of the social responsibilities off to others so you can get a lid off and get back to the basics of enjoyment from here?

By *arlo82 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Yes I'm ranting... yea it's a Tuesday and sorry if you don't agree with me but let's not start another have a go at the OP thread please

Yet I'm sure if you got daily messages saying 'fancy a fuck now' you'd complain about that too. Not having a go just pointing out the futility of moaning about messages. Either way the guys can't win.

You do seem somewhat disgruntled at the moment, frustrated perhaps. Try not organising socials for other people and going back to basics here. Do things just for you. "

The FAF ones are standard so no I just delete them. It's the confusing element of it all. If i thought someone attractive I message them and engage in chat. I wouldnt see a good looking perosn and think aye I'll message to tell them they arent interested in me

I tried not organising socials and had zero social life so it's rock and hard place really in those terms. I can either travel up and down the UK to various events on my tod or sit in on my own at night when my kids aren't here.

I do at times feel like a commodity. I just wouldn't mind fab bein how fab used to be is all. We are all allowed our down days

over a year ago

You do seem somewhat disgruntled at the moment, frustrated perhaps. Try not organising socials for other people and going back to basics here. Do things just for you.

The FAF ones are standard so no I just delete them. It's the confusing element of it all. If i thought someone attractive I message them and engage in chat. I wouldnt see a good looking perosn and think aye I'll message to tell them they arent interested in me

I tried not organising socials and had zero social life so it's rock and hard place really in those terms. I can either travel up and down the UK to various events on my tod or sit in on my own at night when my kids aren't here.

I do at times feel like a commodity. I just wouldn't mind fab bein how fab used to be is all. We are all allowed our down days "

I’m sorry to read that you’re finding it hard OP, I guess as you’re seen as the social organiser some people make the incorrect assumption that you must be ‘always on’. It seems to be a thought process that many people follow on here, that we are always the sexual beings that we present on our profiles. They forget that we have other interests and a life with the full range of human experience.

In regards to the messages; I think that they’re intended as self deprecating and as a form of compliment, however if that’s all that you’re getting then I understand your frustration.

If you feel that you’re being used or people only want you for your contacts and social connections then I’d say to take a step back, maybe go looking for what you want on your own terms?

over a year ago

OP, if you're not really happy at the moment, taking a step back might be a solution. After a break I always view things a bit differently. Those messages won't change but how you view them might."

You cut the other bit of the post off. I meant the not getting responses stuff too, not just threads being ignored.

I certainly didn't mean it's right though.

The crap is enough to get anyone down.

over a year ago

"Another ‘woo is me’ I’m so popular post. Yawn !"

It’s “woe is me” not woo. Unless you’re a Chinese guy called woo that is.

over a year ago

I always took it as a compliment when they say that.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"That kind of message doesn't bother me, the main ones that annoy me are can I ask you a question and how are you finding fab.

I ignore these now"

Can i ask you a question? - you just did, happy fabbing.

How are you finding fab? - fine thanks, enjoy your time on here.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I do at times feel like a commodity. I just wouldn't mind fab bein how fab used to be is all. We are all allowed our down days

I’m sorry to read that you’re finding it hard OP, I guess as you’re seen as the social organiser some people make the incorrect assumption that you must be ‘always on’. It seems to be a thought process that many people follow on here, that we are always the sexual beings that we present on our profiles. They forget that we have other interests and a life with the full range of human experience.

In regards to the messages; I think that they’re intended as self deprecating and as a form of compliment, however if that’s all that you’re getting then I understand your frustration.

If you feel that you’re being used or people only want you for your contacts and social connections then I’d say to take a step back, maybe go looking for what you want on your own terms?

"

Exactly this, good luck OP x

By *arlo82 OP   Couple
over a year ago

It’s “woe is me” not woo. Unless you’re a Chinese guy called woo that is. "

And there is no woe or woo

Definitely no wooing hahaa

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

It’s “woe is me” not woo. Unless you’re a Chinese guy called woo that is.

And there is no woe or woo

Definitely no wooing hahaa "

I sometimes get a woah

over a year ago

OP, if you're not really happy at the moment, taking a step back might be a solution. After a break I always view things a bit differently. Those messages won't change but how you view them might.

You cut the other bit of the post off. I meant the not getting responses stuff too, not just threads being ignored.

I certainly didn't mean it's right though.

The crap is enough to get anyone down. "

I'm sorry Meli this sounded grumpy but I wasn't. I was agreeing with you.

Post new Message to Thread