Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Insomnia

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Omg it’s been weeks and if manage sleep is about 1-2 hours now.

My brain is going mush and my eyes struggle to focus

I sometimes in past get spells of insomnia but bein off work at moment and not having structure to days or activities is just making insomnia happen.

Anyone else struggle

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

cut out coffee completely

over a year ago

Don’t drink it and only drink water

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

Yep I've struggled with it on and off for years. Sometimes it's my own fault from staying up too late on a weekend and messing up my sleep pattern, or the curse of being on my phone till late, other times I just can't sleep or keep waking up in the night. I'm still able to function well on little sleep so usually I'm ok, but every now and again I start feeling really sleep deprived and will end up getting some zopiclone or night nurse to knock myself out.

over a year ago

I struggle too. Apparently lush has a new product out, it’s a lotion called ‘sleepy’. Apparently it has helped so many people get to sleep, basically knocking them out! I’m buying it on payday - doctors won’t give me sleeping tablets again (ive been on some before) as they are extremely addictive, and store bought ones are rubbish. Might be worth you picking it up? Doesn’t hurt to try!

I also have a lavender spray which I’ll spray on my pillows. That’s supposed to help x

over a year ago

"I struggle too. Apparently lush has a new product out, it’s a lotion called ‘sleepy’. Apparently it has helped so many people get to sleep, basically knocking them out! I’m buying it on payday - doctors won’t give me sleeping tablets again (ive been on some before) as they are extremely addictive, and store bought ones are rubbish. Might be worth you picking it up? Doesn’t hurt to try!

I also have a lavender spray which I’ll spray on my pillows. That’s supposed to help x"

Cool idea my friend from work suggested a bath before bed with smelly things to relax but she forgot I can’t get bath for another month due to operation

I have the spray but don’t find helps me sleep, tried pills and other herbal style things go suggested but still nothing

Usually am ok as someone said usually have spells and manage but cos off it’s gotten worse and worse.

I may ask someone pop lush for me as can’t leave house

over a year ago

The best thing to cure insomnia is a good nights sleep. You’re welcome

over a year ago

I suffer with it, sometimes it’s w rose than others. I’ve had sleeping pills off the gp that hasn’t helped. Just get to the point that I sleep a couple of nights then I’m back to normal x

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've struggled for years.

Get all electronics out of the bedroom, particularly an hour before going to sleep. Within that hour, if possible, dim the lights and don't use electronics anywhere.

Try mindfulness meditation, particularly a body scan. Guided ones are available for free online (this will require a media player in the bedroom, alas). If you're really tense, look into progressive muscle relaxation.

Make sure your bedroom is dark and quiet. If not, see if eye masks and/or ear plugs will help. Ditto look into temperature.

Warm drink before bed, not caffeinated (cut caffeine completely - this is for anyone - from at least the afternoon). Sometimes a pattern will help. When I'm really struggling I'll get a special herbal tea and only drink it an hour before bed. It doesn't matter what it is, just that your brain associates it with bed time. (lotions, scents and rituals ditto)

Try to keep to a routine when you go to bed and get up.

over a year ago

Try C.B.D look into it

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

I've tried baths before bed, it raises my body temperature too much and I end up awake all night kicking the covers off

over a year ago

I'm sorry to hear that OP. Are you fit enough to take some exercise? If so, try to get into a habit of regular exercise. It's good structure and routine if you're out of work and feeling a bit lost. Fresh air and exercise are a good combination. Join a gym if you've got the money (it's what I'm doing while I'm taking some time off work) or if you're skint, running, skipping or walking are still free

Fortunately, I've not suffered from serious insomnia for years, but I sympathise. It's bloody rotten not being able to sleep.

over a year ago

"Try C.B.D look into it "

I've heard good things about this too.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

On a plus note OP it's only 4 sleeps till the next bank holiday weekend

over a year ago

Ok, so you didn't mention the bit about the major operation in your original post! Please disregard my previous message - no running.....

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Re exercise, is upper body exercise possible? Weights or something? It will help if so.

over a year ago

"Ok, so you didn't mention the bit about the major operation in your original post! Please disregard my previous message - no running....."

Haha oh yeah I forgot that lol it’s ok I am doin upper body weights which is nice but limited at moment due to what I can do sat on a chair.

Lol it was running that got me in this mess haha and looks like I’ll never do again which is a shame but that’s another issue lol

It’s hard cos am sleeping on sofa so not as nice as a bed, I need try switch off but think cos lack contact with World my only connection is via technology.

I’m hoping exhaustion will win an make me sleep lol

over a year ago

"Re exercise, is upper body exercise possible? Weights or something? It will help if so. "

Yeah am doing some which is nice but limited at moment to posture and position

Thanks

over a year ago

"Try C.B.D look into it

I've heard good things about this too. "

I’m sure it will help lots of people use it for insomnia

over a year ago

Go and see your dr..

I ended up having a nervous breakdown and all because of insomnia..

A course of valium and beta blockers sorted me out eventually but it has to start with you

over a year ago

"Go and see your dr..

I ended up having a nervous breakdown and all because of insomnia..

A course of valium and beta blockers sorted me out eventually but it has to start with you "

They won’t prescribe me any cos had in past with no benefit but just put down to circumstance at moment

Thanks everyone for chat and ideas

over a year ago

Tired all day now wide awake greee I hate lack sleep

over a year ago

"Tired all day now wide awake greee I hate lack sleep "

me too. Turning off my phone soon

By *illyKMan
over a year ago

milton keynes

Don’t turn it off until you’ve finished xx

over a year ago

"Don’t turn it off until you’ve finished xx"

Finished what?

over a year ago

Is one of the best dance tracks of the 90s

over a year ago

Switch it off

Relax your body

And have a nice smiling dream

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I’ve never yet needed it myself (so cannot sadly offer personal verification of the efficacy of the following) but many people are swearing by what has come to be termed as the ‘4-7-8 Technique’ in combatting insomnia.

It’s basically a breathing/relaxation method and is very simple to perform.

Have a google and I sincerely hope that you may all derive some much needed relief via giving it a go.

Sweet dreams all

over a year ago

"Tired all day now wide awake greee I hate lack sleep

me too. Turning off my phone soon "

Am going do same in min and have a little read an hope I get some sleep

over a year ago

Yipeee managed 5 hours fell sleep at 5 which is still crazy time to fall asleep but oh well

How did others do

over a year ago

"I struggle too. Apparently lush has a new product out, it’s a lotion called ‘sleepy’. Apparently it has helped so many people get to sleep, basically knocking them out! I’m buying it on payday - doctors won’t give me sleeping tablets again (ive been on some before) as they are extremely addictive, and store bought ones are rubbish. Might be worth you picking it up? Doesn’t hurt to try!

I also have a lavender spray which I’ll spray on my pillows. That’s supposed to help x"

How you getting on with it?

By *hedevilwearspradaWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere nearby

There’s a Podcast called ‘Sleep With Me’ that helps me sometimes. Worth a listen.

over a year ago

Practice sleep hygenie.

No phone or tv for an hour before bed.

Have a bed time routine you keep the same.

If you dont fall alseep 20 min agmfter getting in bed. Your not tired. Get up but dont turn on the tv or use your phone tablet ipad etc.

Cut out caffine and check for ingredinats in soft drinks sone have a caffeinie derviant in them such as phenalanilyn (probly spelt wrong)

Make sure your sleep enviroment is comfy a decent temp and dark.

Thats a basic guide to sleep hygenie.

over a year ago

"Practice sleep hygenie.

No phone or tv for an hour before bed.

Have a bed time routine you keep the same.

If you dont fall alseep 20 min agmfter getting in bed. Your not tired. Get up but dont turn on the tv or use your phone tablet ipad etc.

Cut out caffine and check for ingredinats in soft drinks sone have a caffeinie derviant in them such as phenalanilyn (probly spelt wrong)

Make sure your sleep enviroment is comfy a decent temp and dark.

Thats a basic guide to sleep hygenie. "

Well

I don’t drink caffeine as drink water only

I do try turn tech off although am guilty of using it

I try go bed same time daily as I need help settling in for bed due to leg op

My environment is the living room not best place but I have no choice at present time

Thanks for the info

over a year ago

I also have a lavender spray which I’ll spray on my pillows. That’s supposed to help x

How you getting on with it?"

Spray didn’t help waiting on a friend to go lush for me

Managed 5 hours last night so a start

over a year ago

Great group in the 90s!

over a year ago

"Great group in the 90s! "
*song!!! It was faithless

over a year ago

"Great group in the 90s! *song!!! It was faithless "

Well here we go again lol

over a year ago

I've never been a good sleeper so I feel your pain OP

I take Valerian Herb ( Holland and Barrett) it does help most nights - but some nights like tonight I fall asleep but can't stay asleep

I'm knackered- thank fuck it's Sunday today so I can lay around being exhausted in peace

over a year ago

"Omg it’s been weeks and if manage sleep is about 1-2 hours now.

I sometimes in past get spells of insomnia but bein off work at moment and not having structure to days or activities is just making insomnia happen.

Anyone else struggle "

All my life only needed 4/5 hours, some need loads some like you have over active minds maybe you need to change your pattern at night, think about times when you've got a great sleep what did you do leading up to it?

over a year ago

Anyone else struggle All my life only needed 4/5 hours, some need loads some like you have over active minds maybe you need to change your pattern at night, think about times when you've got a great sleep what did you do leading up to it?"

Yeah usually I get 4-6 but since op don’t sleep hardly anything

over a year ago

Anyone else struggle All my life only needed 4/5 hours, some need loads some like you have over active minds maybe you need to change your pattern at night, think about times when you've got a great sleep what did you do leading up to it?

Yeah usually I get 4-6 but since op don’t sleep hardly anything "

ahhhh right Op?

over a year ago

A joint knocks you out

Post new Message to Thread