Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Gay men holding hands in public

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Now, bearing in mind I live in Devon, this site was as rare as hens teeth, but in the last few weeks I’ve seen 3 gay couples holding hands in public. Are the times a changin’ or is Devon finally catching up to the rest of the country (except Cornwall of course, them buggers are off the grid).

Or do we live in a more cosmopolitan country now. All three couples were reasonable young lads, maybe they’re more comfortable expressing there sexuality than older gays ?!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Times are definitely a-changing. I live in a huge city which has always been a progressive kind of place, but I notice that people are way more open and less afraid now than they were a decade or two ago, and even over the last few years.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Hurrah about time too.

It takes proper bravery.

By *abfella40Man
over a year ago

barrow in furness

Doesn't bother me as long as I don't see them sucking cock in public

over a year ago

"Doesn't bother me as long as I don't see them sucking cock in public"

To be fair, they’re not likely to on a high street.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It’s no big deal in Brighton. Or cross dressers or TVs or anything.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Doesn't bother me as long as I don't see them sucking cock in public

To be fair, they’re not likely to on a high street."

it’s what back alleys are for.

By *a Fee VerteWoman
over a year ago

Limbo

"Are the times a changin’ or is Devon finally catching up to the rest of the country (except Cornwall of course, them buggers are off the grid)."

Maybe they were tourists not Devonians?

over a year ago

"It’s no big deal in Brighton. Or cross dressers or TVs or anything. "

Actually saw a TV today as well, fuck knows what’s happened in the shire.

over a year ago

"Are the times a changin’ or is Devon finally catching up to the rest of the country (except Cornwall of course, them buggers are off the grid).

Maybe they were tourists not Devonians? "

Probably from fucking Brighton, coming down here flaunting there sexualities.

over a year ago

"Are the times a changin’ or is Devon finally catching up to the rest of the country (except Cornwall of course, them buggers are off the grid).

Probably from fucking Brighton, coming down here flaunting there sexualities."

On holiday at the seaside.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Grockles......

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"It’s no big deal in Brighton. Or cross dressers or TVs or anything. "

Brighton has always been very forward thinking and embraced the lgbqt community’s long before the rest of the UK . I can remember some forty years ago there being a strong gay guy community there . I didn’t live there for long , but when I moved to Nottingham not long after that I was surprised how few gay guys there were ther in the late seventies , early eighties .

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"It’s no big deal in Brighton. Or cross dressers or TVs or anything.

Brighton has always been very forward thinking and embraced the lgbqt community’s long before the rest of the UK . I can remember some forty years ago there being a strong gay guy community there . I didn’t live there for long , but when I moved to Nottingham not long after that I was surprised how few gay guys there were ther in the late seventies , early eighties ."

Most of the city is ‘gay friendly’ with little rainbow stickers on shops etc plus there’s a place called Kemptown Village which has tons of gay things there. Pubs, shops, clubs, cafes etc.

over a year ago

Honestly outside of Brighton and 'gay quarters' in the big cities like Vauxhall, Soho, Hurst Street I don't think I have ever really seen men holding hands unless it was pride weekend or at a gig/festival where most people wouldn;t care

over a year ago

Yep there is loads of fucking in Brighton by all

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Probably from fucking Brighton, coming down here flaunting there sexualities.

Yep there is loads of fucking in Brighton by all "

there could be more

over a year ago

I've never seen men holding hands in my local town but I have seen women holding hands and even kissing.

over a year ago

"Honestly outside of Brighton and 'gay quarters' in the big cities like Vauxhall, Soho, Hurst Street I don't think I have ever really seen men holding hands unless it was pride weekend or at a gig/festival where most people wouldn;t care "

Yeah, thats why wondered what the fuck is going on, maybe they’re like buses, I probably won’t see it again for years.

over a year ago

Brighton has always been very forward thinking and embraced the lgbqt community’s long before the rest of the UK . I can remember some forty years ago there being a strong gay guy community there . I didn’t live there for long , but when I moved to Nottingham not long after that I was surprised how few gay guys there were ther in the late seventies , early eighties .

Most of the city is ‘gay friendly’ with little rainbow stickers on shops etc plus there’s a place called Kemptown Village which has tons of gay things there. Pubs, shops, clubs, cafes etc. "

Is that a bad thing then.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Most of the city is ‘gay friendly’ with little rainbow stickers on shops etc plus there’s a place called Kemptown Village which has tons of gay things there. Pubs, shops, clubs, cafes etc.

Is that a bad thing then."

nope!

over a year ago

Is that a bad thing then. nope! "

That's what I thought too,

over a year ago

"Honestly outside of Brighton and 'gay quarters' in the big cities like Vauxhall, Soho, Hurst Street I don't think I have ever really seen men holding hands unless it was pride weekend or at a gig/festival where most people wouldn;t care

Yeah, thats why wondered what the fuck is going on, maybe they’re like buses, I probably won’t see it again for years."

So do you not like gay people and transvestites then. It seems such a strange heading in this day and age. I've never seen the lgbt community called buses before. You do realise it's not against the law for men or women or transvestites to hold hands with people they are in love with

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

The national LGBT network is in Exeter.

I know three gay couples in Devon. The older ones are not hand holders but the middle-aged and younger ones are.

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

Dreakly we are

By *ickyRoosterMan
over a year ago

Uppendown

You see lots of men holding hands in the Middle East. Islam considers it a sign of friendship and not at all 'gay'. Funny old world.

over a year ago

"Honestly outside of Brighton and 'gay quarters' in the big cities like Vauxhall, Soho, Hurst Street I don't think I have ever really seen men holding hands unless it was pride weekend or at a gig/festival where most people wouldn;t care

Yeah, thats why wondered what the fuck is going on, maybe they’re like buses, I probably won’t see it again for years.

So do you not like gay people and transvestites then. It seems such a strange heading in this day and age. I've never seen the lgbt community called buses before. You do realise it's not against the law for men or women or transvestites to hold hands with people they are in love with"

I’ve never seen gay men holding hands down here, then I see three in a matter of weeks, surely you’ve heard the saying about buses ‘You wait ages for one and then three turn up at once’

I have no opinion of gays or transvestites and yes I’m fully aware it’s not against the law for them to hold hands, it was merely an observation.

over a year ago

So do you not like gay people and transvestites then. It seems such a strange heading in this day and age. I've never seen the lgbt community called buses before. You do realise it's not against the law for men or women or transvestites to hold hands with people they are in love with

I’ve never seen gay men holding hands down here, then I see three in a matter of weeks, surely you’ve heard the saying about buses ‘You wait ages for one and then three turn up at once’

I have no opinion of gays or transvestites and yes I’m fully aware it’s not against the law for them to hold hands, it was merely an observation. "

I was just observing you too and your comments. I don't suppose there are many Jews and blacks down your way so do you point them out as well.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Lordship Lane East Dulwich, any day off the week, especially in this weather. No one bats an eyelid...I don't know what the reaction would be two miles down the road on Rye Lane, Peckham!

over a year ago

I have no opinion of gays or transvestites and yes I’m fully aware it’s not against the law for them to hold hands, it was merely an observation.

I was just observing you too and your comments. I don't suppose there are many Jews and blacks down your way so do you point them out as well.

"

That’s a ridiculous statement, grow up.

over a year ago

"

It's just a thread about people holding hands. Why do you have an issue with it? If he'd mentioned jews or blacks, people would be asking why did he single them out.

If he saw a yellow car and said how unusual they are, would everyone complain that he didn't mention red blue and silver cars?

Oh. Yes they would.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

How often do you see straight people fucking in public?

over a year ago

evesham

"

You seem to want to pick a fight about this thread lol

over a year ago

"Doesn't bother me as long as I don't see them sucking cock in public

How often do you see straight people fucking in public? "

Not often enough!

over a year ago

You seem to want to pick a fight about this thread lol "

They’re trying to get annoyed or offended, when there’s nothing to get annoyed or offended about.

over a year ago

"Lordship Lane East Dulwich, any day off the week, especially in this weather. No one bats an eyelid...I don't know what the reaction would be two miles down the road on Rye Lane, Peckham! "

That’s places I hang out.

over a year ago

"Now, bearing in mind I live in Devon, this site was as rare as hens teeth, but in the last few weeks I’ve seen 3 gay couples holding hands in public. Are the times a changin’ or is Devon finally catching up to the rest of the country (except Cornwall of course, them buggers are off the grid).

Or do we live in a more cosmopolitan country now. All three couples were reasonable young lads, maybe they’re more comfortable expressing there sexuality than older gays ?!"

Nothing will ever top the two guys I saw giving each other a peck on the lips before one of them jumped on the bus I was on. It was mainly because they were two big bearded metalheads, one with a Death shirt on and the other with a Cannibal Corpse shirt. I squeed a little inside at how cute it was

over a year ago

"Lordship Lane East Dulwich, any day off the week, especially in this weather. No one bats an eyelid...I don't know what the reaction would be two miles down the road on Rye Lane, Peckham!

That’s places I hang out. "

Morning

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"

Not everyone lives in a place where it is common to see gay men and women kiss and hold hands. Outside the Brighton bubble, there are plenty of places where it is frowned upon (and, in certain circumstances, dangerous to hold hands). And yes, I am talking about in the UK. This means that such acts are rare.

over a year ago

Not everyone lives in a place where it is common to see gay men and women kiss and hold hands. Outside the Brighton bubble, there are plenty of places where it is frowned upon (and, in certain circumstances, dangerous to hold hands). And yes, I am talking about in the UK. This means that such acts are rare."

And pointing them out helps does it.

over a year ago

evesham

You seem to want to pick a fight about this thread lol

They’re trying to get annoyed or offended, when there’s nothing to get annoyed or offended about."

Welcome to fab

over a year ago

evesham

Not everyone lives in a place where it is common to see gay men and women kiss and hold hands. Outside the Brighton bubble, there are plenty of places where it is frowned upon (and, in certain circumstances, dangerous to hold hands). And yes, I am talking about in the UK. This means that such acts are rare.

And pointing them out helps does it. "

It's not like he pointed at then in the street is it

over a year ago

Did I point at them in the street and say ‘hey everyone look there’s some homosexual holding hands, let’s gather round and look!’

No, I walked passed and carried on with my day, but started a thread about it several hours later, because up until a few weeks ago I’d never seen it before.

over a year ago

Not everyone lives in a place where it is common to see gay men and women kiss and hold hands. Outside the Brighton bubble, there are plenty of places where it is frowned upon (and, in certain circumstances, dangerous to hold hands). And yes, I am talking about in the UK. This means that such acts are rare."

Probally a good reason to leave them alone and ignore them if your saying Devon and Cornwall are full of violent biggots. And saying "What the fuck" cos you see a few gay people holding hands doesn't sound too good does it.

over a year ago

I’m pleased to say that locally I have seen quite a few young gay couples holding hands. However I can’t say the same for older generations. The younger generation seem more comfortable with their sexuality.

over a year ago

evesham

Probally a good reason to leave them alone and ignore them if your saying Devon and Cornwall are full of violent biggots. And saying "What the fuck" cos you see a few gay people holding hands doesn't sound too good does it. "

Where the hell do get that Devon and Cornwall are full of violent bigots?! Your trampoline is fucking massive mate!

over a year ago

Probally a good reason to leave them alone and ignore them if your saying Devon and Cornwall are full of violent biggots. And saying "What the fuck" cos you see a few gay people holding hands doesn't sound too good does it. "

If you hadn’t seen a badger your whole life, then you see three in a matter of weeks would that make it easier for you to understand the point I’m trying to make ?!

over a year ago

yes times are definitely changing and young people are more honest about there sexually which is a good thing

regardless of there sexuality people should never be afraid of who they are,and good to know that times have changed

over a year ago

Probally a good reason to leave them alone and ignore them if your saying Devon and Cornwall are full of violent biggots. And saying "What the fuck" cos you see a few gay people holding hands doesn't sound too good does it.

Where the hell do get that Devon and Cornwall are full of violent bigots?! Your trampoline is fucking massive mate! "

and then comes the shouting and abuse lol.

over a year ago

evesham

Where the hell do get that Devon and Cornwall are full of violent bigots?! Your trampoline is fucking massive mate! and then comes the shouting and abuse lol."

Where?

over a year ago

If you hadn’t seen a badger your whole life, then you see three in a matter of weeks would that make it easier for you to understand the point I’m trying to make ?! "

Ok I give you that. My appolagise. But surely you watch tv. Gay people are everywhere. Not just here in Brighton. Every soap has gay people in it.

By *heDesiCandiTV/TS
over a year ago

Paris, France & not in

In India, where it is currently criminal to be gay, straight men walk holding hands without anyone batting an eye lid

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

......”Where the hell do get that Devon and Cornwall are full of violent bigots?....”

I did have a cream tea once and the service was bordering on aggressive. I merely commented that they’d got the cream and jam wrong way round.

over a year ago

"......”Where the hell do get that Devon and Cornwall are full of violent bigots?....”

I did have a cream tea once and the service was bordering on aggressive. I merely commented that they’d got the cream and jam wrong way round. "

over a year ago

Where the hell do get that Devon and Cornwall are full of violent bigots?! Your trampoline is fucking massive mate! and then comes the shouting and abuse lol.

Where? "

I'm not sure but the post earlier said it was dangerous in parts of the country for gays to hold hands so I thought as the op says there are not many gays where he Is and the amount of suprise he has shown in observing them the 3 couples he recently saw could mean it's dangerous in Devon and Cornwall.

over a year ago

If you hadn’t seen a badger your whole life, then you see three in a matter of weeks would that make it easier for you to understand the point I’m trying to make ?! Ok I give you that. My appolagise. But surely you watch tv. Gay people are everywhere. Not just here in Brighton. Every soap has gay people in it. "

No problem, I know plenty, my best mates brother is gay and so is his boyfriend. I know more lesbians than I can shake a stick at (I’d never shake a stick at a lesbian).

over a year ago

live and let live,the world would be a much safer&happier place if we just accepted people for who they are

over a year ago

Exactly And it's an interesting discussion. I'm really not seeing the issue, there's nothing remotely homophobic about this thread

over a year ago

evesham

"live and let live,the world would be a much safer&happier place if we just accepted people for who they are"

I think the op did he just observed that after not seeing that type of behaviour where he lived before he suddenly saw it 3 times in a short space of time. A 300 percent increase is something worth commenting on

By *oodnitegirlWoman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

There was once an episode of ‘undercover boss’ filmed in my towns bus station where one of the workers reported a ‘serious problem with lesbians having sex in the ladies toilets’

I bet it happened once.

I even went down for a look but my hopes were dashed

over a year ago

"live and let live,the world would be a much safer&happier place if we just accepted people for who they are

I think the op did he just observed that after not seeing that type of behaviour where he lived before he suddenly saw it 3 times in a short space of time. A 300 percent increase is something worth commenting on "

yes I know,I was meaning people in general

over a year ago

Where the hell do get that Devon and Cornwall are full of violent bigots?! Your trampoline is fucking massive mate! and then comes the shouting and abuse lol.

Where?

I'm not sure but the post earlier said it was dangerous in parts of the country for gays to hold hands so I thought as the op says there are not many gays where he Is and the amount of suprise he has shown in observing them the 3 couples he recently saw could mean it's dangerous in Devon and Cornwall. "

That's a huge jump to come to that conclusion

over a year ago

"There was once an episode of ‘undercover boss’ filmed in my towns bus station where one of the workers reported a ‘serious problem with lesbians having sex in the ladies toilets’

I bet it happened once.

I even went down for a look but my hopes were dashed "

I’d help them out if they were busy.

over a year ago

If you hadn’t seen a badger your whole life, then you see three in a matter of weeks would that make it easier for you to understand the point I’m trying to make ?! "

I don't think a lot of people appreciate the diversity of the UK, despite claiming to be diverse about sexuality.

You're spot on, I live in a fairly rural area.

People aren't offended by others sexuality, it's just not a common sight, neither is flamboyantly advertising your sexuality. No one cares. In fact you dont see any couples kissing on a regular basis in public here.

Nothing homophobic about your post, just an observation.

By *oodnitegirlWoman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

And even more ‘interestingly’ I was two Asian men in traditional clothing holding hands in Dewsbury Park (don’t forget we are meant to have a sharia court here etc) so it’s VERY brave of them!

G’wannnn laddddss.

over a year ago

Where the hell do get that Devon and Cornwall are full of violent bigots?! Your trampoline is fucking massive mate! "

Also I don't have a trampoline. Mate

over a year ago

Why would you even say that?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

For the thousands of guys, it's still a restrictive country. Most people in most towns will not have seen men holding hands or kissing.

Mind you, there aren't many guys on fab that you ever see kissing other guys in pics, despite the huge desire for it.

over a year ago

"......”Where the hell do get that Devon and Cornwall are full of violent bigots?....”

I did have a cream tea once and the service was bordering on aggressive. I merely commented that they’d got the cream and jam wrong way round. "

Whenever I am in Cornwall I have my cream tea the Devon way and visa versa when in Devon. People can get wound up by the silliest of things. I take great pleasure from it and as of yet have never had anyone get physical with me over it

over a year ago

Where?

I'm not sure but the post earlier said it was dangerous in parts of the country for gays to hold hands so I thought as the op says there are not many gays where he Is and the amount of suprise he has shown in observing them the 3 couples he recently saw could mean it's dangerous in Devon and Cornwall.

That's a huge jump to come to that conclusion "

Ok if you say it's not dangerous in Devon and Cornwall that's good so where is it dangerous to be gay and holding hands in public.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"

I have no opinion of gays or transvestites and yes I’m fully aware it’s not against the law for them to hold hands, it was merely an observation. "

You have no opinion on gays of tvs?

Do you not have the opinion that they deserve the same rights and respect as everybody

over a year ago

Where?

Ok if you say it's not dangerous in Devon and Cornwall that's good so where is it dangerous to be gay and holding hands in public.

"

Baghdad

over a year ago

evesham

Where the hell do get that Devon and Cornwall are full of violent bigots?! Your trampoline is fucking massive mate!

Also I don't have a trampoline. Mate"

You sure about that? You jump yo some fairly massive conclusions.

over a year ago

" I know more lesbians than I can shake a stick at (I’d never shake a stick at a lesbian)."

Not if you've got half a brain and value your stick you won't. Top advice.

over a year ago

Also I don't have a trampoline. Mate"

Oh my goodness . That was a figure of speech. Along with the three buses comment earlier. Clearly the ops comments fly over your head! Lol. Why on earth are you looking for a fight? Clearly you are with your comments. Making things up the OP never said and seeing offence when none is here.

What's the matter? Didn't get laid this morning? Ran out of coffee?? Jeeze just stop, have a good think before messaging and just relax ok.

over a year ago

Oh my goodness . That was a figure of speech. Along with the three buses comment earlier. Clearly the ops comments fly over your head! Lol. Why on earth are you looking for a fight? Clearly you are with your comments. Making things up the OP never said and seeing offence when none is here.

What's the matter? Didn't get laid this morning? Ran out of coffee?? Jeeze just stop, have a good think before messaging and just relax ok."

over a year ago

Where?

"

There was a guy beaten to death in Central London just a few years ago that was deemed to be a homophibic attack. I would think most town centres on a Friday or Saturday full of d*unks some of whom are looking for a reason for a fight would be dodgy.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I did have a cream tea once and the service was bordering on aggressive. I merely commented that they’d got the cream and jam wrong way round.

Whenever I am in Cornwall I have my cream tea the Devon way and visa versa when in Devon. People can get wound up by the silliest of things. I take great pleasure from it and as of yet have never had anyone get physical with me over it "

The silence following the splash of milk on my doily told a thousand words, believe you me.

over a year ago

"

You have no opinion on gays of tvs?

Do you not have the opinion that they deserve the same rights and respect as everybody

"

When I saw the gay couples holding hands, I had no opinion either way, just that it was a sight I haven’t seen before. Yes, of course they deserve the same rights and respect as everybody else.

You don’t have to be offended or overjoyed at seeing something.

over a year ago

If you hadn’t seen a badger your whole life, then you see three in a matter of weeks would that make it easier for you to understand the point I’m trying to make ?! Ok I give you that. My appolagise. But surely you watch tv. Gay people are everywhere. Not just here in Brighton. Every soap has gay people in it.

No problem, I know plenty, my best mates brother is gay and so is his boyfriend. I know more lesbians than I can shake a stick at (I’d never shake a stick at a lesbian)."

I hope not lol. I don't go around picking fights but I will say what I honestly felt about the post. Living in Brighton all my life I have seen the worst kind of bigotry you could imagine. Gays and lesbians still get attacked in the street late at night. Mostly from out of towners enjoying Brighton and it,s freedoms. I read it in the local papers regularly and your posts could invite others to be homophobic in their ignorance of the gay lgbt community. After you explained and I understood your surprise on seeing those guys I felt I had gone over the top a bit. Its not for me and not my job to tell people what to write on here but i will always say something if i think something is wrong. I appolagise Again and hope you have a great day. Why don't you say hello next time you see them. Am sure they don't bite unless you ask them too lol.

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

If he was standing and pointing in the street, I would agree with you.

But starting a thread to say how nice it is really doesn't hurt anyone.

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

Surely the fact that three separate couples felt comfortable enough to hold hands shows that Cornwall and Devon aren't full of bigots.

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"And even more ‘interestingly’ I was two Asian men in traditional clothing holding hands in Dewsbury Park (don’t forget we are meant to have a sharia court here etc) so it’s VERY brave of them!

G’wannnn laddddss. "

And all I want to say to that is awwww (heart)

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

Where?

"

Depends really. Normally where there are loads of pissed up men together who are looking for a fight.

By *lbert_shlossedMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Lol where the fuck is everyone living?.

I live in a smallish village on the outskirts of Manchester and there's at least 3 openly gay couples and yes they hold hands in public.

I was traveling through ramsbottom the other day and blimey there was even gay couples holding hands there as well, mind you it is 2018

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

"

I think you have mis-read the tone of this thread.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"Lol where the fuck is everyone living?.

I live in a smallish village on the outskirts of Manchester and there's at least 3 openly gay couples and yes they hold hands in public.

I was traveling through ramsbottom the other day and blimey there was even gay couples holding hands there as well, mind you it is 2018 "

There’s only one gay in the village....

over a year ago

I was traveling through ramsbottom the other day and blimey there was even gay couples holding hands there as well, mind you it is 2018

"

That's because there is at least 6 in Alberts village, more than the alloted quota surely...stop hogging all the gays Albert

By *heIcebreakersCouple
over a year ago

Cramlington

"live and let live,the world would be a much safer&happier place if we just accepted people for who they are

I think the op did he just observed that after not seeing that type of behaviour where he lived before he suddenly saw it 3 times in a short space of time. A 300 percent increase is something worth commenting on "

only if you believe anecdote equals data. If on the other hand you believe in science, it's not.

By *heIcebreakersCouple
over a year ago

Cramlington

I was traveling through ramsbottom the other day and blimey there was even gay couples holding hands there as well, mind you it is 2018 "

to be fair the tourist industry in ramsbottom consists entirely of gay men posing next to the village sign with a knowing smile....

over a year ago

If you ever see me holding hands with a man in the street, call help, I'm being abducted.

over a year ago

What's the matter? Didn't get laid this morning? Ran out of coffee?? Jeeze just stop, have a good think before messaging and just relax ok."

I have to laugh lol.

It seems what I said flew over your head too. I don't think the op mentioned a trampoline and no I didn't get laid but Gloria gave me a lovely blow job so thanks for enquiring. And if you read the thread properly instead of just jumping in you will know where the op and I stand on his post.

By *lbert_shlossedMan
over a year ago

Manchester

That's because there is at least 6 in Alberts village, more than the alloted quota surely...stop hogging all the gays Albert "

I think it's just a sign of the changing times, most people couldn't care less, there more interested in wether your a decent neighbour then gay or straight!.

Although let's be honest, your far more likely to be beaten up for various reasons in those lovely diverse, cosmopolitan, open and tolerant city's than you are in any English village, so maybe they've just realised that the best place to hold hands is there

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"Now, bearing in mind I live in Devon, this site was as rare as hens teeth, but in the last few weeks I’ve seen 3 gay couples holding hands in public. Are the times a changin’ or is Devon finally catching up to the rest of the country (except Cornwall of course, them buggers are off the grid).

Or do we live in a more cosmopolitan country now. All three couples were reasonable young lads, maybe they’re more comfortable expressing there sexuality than older gays ?!"

If your on holiday, you have to hold hands with your partner, its an unwritten law. Most straight couples dont hold hands all the time when theyre out and about. Get then away for a dirty weekend and they wont let go of each others hands. Disgusting! Theyll be pecking each other on the cheek next! I blame it all on spicy food and tight underwear.

over a year ago

I was traveling through ramsbottom the other day and blimey there was even gay couples holding hands there as well, mind you it is 2018 to be fair the tourist industry in ramsbottom consists entirely of gay men posing next to the village sign with a knowing smile...."

Anyone from the area remember whe somebody put bubble bath in the fountain in ramsbottom,foam everywhere

By *lbert_shlossedMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I was traveling through ramsbottom the other day and blimey there was even gay couples holding hands there as well, mind you it is 2018 to be fair the tourist industry in ramsbottom consists entirely of gay men posing next to the village sign with a knowing smile....

Anyone from the area remember whe somebody put bubble bath in the fountain in ramsbottom,foam everywhere "

It wasn't quite Ibiza

over a year ago

Do not ever go on holidays to Mykonos...

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Devon or Cornwall?

over a year ago

Whenever I am in Cornwall I have my cream tea the Devon way and visa versa when in Devon. People can get wound up by the silliest of things. I take great pleasure from it and as of yet have never had anyone get physical with me over it "

I’m from plymouth, the very edge of Devon but I have mine the Cornish way. I think most of the people I know do. It’s not really a thing that many people get wound up about.

over a year ago

I just googled gay clubs in Devon and 3 came up. Probally loads more. I wonder why there is a gay club in Plymouth lol. Hello Sailor

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

I was traveling through ramsbottom the other day and blimey there was even gay couples holding hands there as well, mind you it is 2018 to be fair the tourist industry in ramsbottom consists entirely of gay men posing next to the village sign with a knowing smile....

Anyone from the area remember whe somebody put bubble bath in the fountain in ramsbottom,foam everywhere "

Every year! The local papermills were always having to supply defoamers.

over a year ago

If they don't hold hands in public, how will everyone know they're gay? It's a conundrum.

over a year ago

"I just googled gay clubs in Devon and 3 came up. Probally loads more. I wonder why there is a gay club in Plymouth lol. Hello Sailor "

There never was an open scene when I lived down there. One of my best friends moved to London because he couldn’t be himself. It’s very different now.

over a year ago

Whenever I am in Cornwall I have my cream tea the Devon way and visa versa when in Devon. People can get wound up by the silliest of things. I take great pleasure from it and as of yet have never had anyone get physical with me over it

I’m from plymouth, the very edge of Devon but I have mine the Cornish way. I think most of the people I know do. It’s not really a thing that many people get wound up about. "

Lucky for me...but people do judge!

over a year ago

"If they don't hold hands in public, how will everyone know they're gay? It's a conundrum. "

They all wear pink.

over a year ago

I’m from plymouth, the very edge of Devon but I have mine the Cornish way. I think most of the people I know do. It’s not really a thing that many people get wound up about.

Lucky for me...but people do judge!"

How someone pronounces the word scone is a different story, haha.

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

Actually saw a TV today as well, fuck knows what’s happened in the shire."

Wow, you have electricity now?

(probably too late for the joke)

over a year ago

"If they don't hold hands in public, how will everyone know they're gay? It's a conundrum.

They all wear pink. "

Ah, gay camouflage

What about the small fluffy dogs with the diamante collars - are they mandatory?

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

People are becoming more confident, more willing to express themselves openly.

Its something few heterosexual beings will ever understand simplh because you have never been ostracised or mocked or assaulted for your sexuality.

Gay people are simply doing what you have taken for granted your entire life.

If you're not gay, the solution is simple - don't hold hands with someone of the same sex. It's not rocket science.

over a year ago

That's because there is at least 6 in Alberts village, more than the alloted quota surely...stop hogging all the gays Albert .

I think it's just a sign of the changing times, most people couldn't care less, there more interested in wether your a decent neighbour then gay or straight!.

Although let's be honest, your far more likely to be beaten up for various reasons in those lovely diverse, cosmopolitan, open and tolerant city's than you are in any English village, so maybe they've just realised that the best place to hold hands is there "

My son has no problems where we live, there are a few small minded people in the village but, nothing to worry about. I worry when he goes into the towns or cities clubbing though, there are still a lot of nasty ignorant intolerant people around. It's just one more thing as a parent to be concerned about!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

I’m from plymouth, the very edge of Devon but I have mine the Cornish way. I think most of the people I know do. It’s not really a thing that many people get wound up about. "

There was a thread a couple of years ago...

over a year ago

How someone pronounces the word scone is a different story, haha. "

At that point I just walk away! If I want service...I just point at the menu.

over a year ago

At that point I just walk away! If I want service...I just point at the menu."

Oh dear, I’ve never encountered anything like that. My Devonian accent is no more but all I’ve had is friendly people in Cornwall and Devon. They like to chat for England just like me.

over a year ago

Well this thread has been an eye-opener and no mistake. Honestly, I am shocked.

I had no idea there were different ways of doing a cream tea.

By *lbert_shlossedMan
over a year ago

Manchester

That's because there is at least 6 in Alberts village, more than the alloted quota surely...stop hogging all the gays Albert .

Although let's be honest, your far more likely to be beaten up for various reasons in those lovely diverse, cosmopolitan, open and tolerant city's than you are in any English village, so maybe they've just realised that the best place to hold hands is there

My son has no problems where we live, there are a few small minded people in the village but, nothing to worry about. I worry when he goes into the towns or cities clubbing though, there are still a lot of nasty ignorant intolerant people around. It's just one more thing as a parent to be concerned about!"

I don't blame you, if I had kids I wouldn't let them anywhere near any city in Britain, there hell holes of intolerance

By *hloe sussexTV/TS
over a year ago

Larne

I hope we in this country are more and more excepting , unfortunately places like Russia and Saudi Arabia don’t feel the same , shame

over a year ago

"If they don't hold hands in public, how will everyone know they're gay? It's a conundrum.

They all wear pink.

Ah, gay camouflage

What about the small fluffy dogs with the diamante collars - are they mandatory?"

Yep and they must be carried in handbags or no more gay sexing for those blokes. No handbag - no cock.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

That's good. Shame the same cannot be said for the rest of your townsfolk, especially the one convicted of being a homophobic terrorist for plotting to butcher the town's first Pride event with machettes.

By *ickyRoosterMan
over a year ago

Uppendown

I find the whole anthropological aspect of the subject matter of this thread interesting.

Two males holding hands in a Christian country where homosexuality is not illegal are assumed to be 'gay'. Two males holding hands in an Islamic country (for example - other countries and faiths apply) where homosexuality is regarded as illegal and an 'abomination'punishable by death are assumed to be 'friends'.

It could be argued that two women holding hands anywhere are assumed to be 'friends' or 'family members'.

Just ruminating out loud really.

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

There was a thread a couple of years ago..."

I can never remember which way is which. It's been a while since I had a scone (rhymes with the emphasis on the o). I think I would have jam then cream?

over a year ago

"Well this thread has been an eye-opener and no mistake. Honestly, I am shocked.

I had no idea there were different ways of doing a cream tea. "

No there's only one way don't worry. Jam on then cream. Scone like gone.

over a year ago

My son has no problems where we live, there are a few small minded people in the village but, nothing to worry about. I worry when he goes into the towns or cities clubbing though, there are still a lot of nasty ignorant intolerant people around. It's just one more thing as a parent to be concerned about!.

I don't blame you, if I had kids I wouldn't let them anywhere near any city in Britain, there hell holes of intolerance "

Part of being a parent is learning to let go, it helps them to flourish. Doesn't stop the worry. luckily 99% of people are ok and, even most homophobes are just vocal and no physical threat.

over a year ago

"Well this thread has been an eye-opener and no mistake. Honestly, I am shocked.

No there's only one way don't worry. Jam on then cream. Scone like gone. "

Nooooooooooo!!

over a year ago

My son has no problems where we live, there are a few small minded people in the village but, nothing to worry about. I worry when he goes into the towns or cities clubbing though, there are still a lot of nasty ignorant intolerant people around. It's just one more thing as a parent to be concerned about!.

I don't blame you, if I had kids I wouldn't let them anywhere near any city in Britain, there hell holes of intolerance "

This one isn't. I live in a bedsit in a "rough" part of a city of half a million people. I live 24/7 as a tgirl and rarely get any intolerance from people. Now and again some idiot kicks off, but on the whole it's quite the opposite.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

"

Alert alert ..... sence of humour bypass .

over a year ago

I eat it the Cornish way which is jam then cream but I’m from Devon. The cream tea originates from Devon so therefore the Devonian way should be correct.

over a year ago

Oh dear, I’ve never encountered anything like that. My Devonian accent is no more but all I’ve had is friendly people in Cornwall and Devon. They like to chat for England just like me. "

Tell me about it...I lived in Falmouth for 3 years...I only went for a holiday

over a year ago

Oh dear, I’ve never encountered anything like that. My Devonian accent is no more but all I’ve had is friendly people in Cornwall and Devon. They like to chat for England just like me.

Tell me about it...I lived in Falmouth for 3 years...I only went for a holiday "

Falmouth is lovely. I could easily live there. Phone reception was questionable though

over a year ago

Falmouth is lovely. I could easily live there. Phone reception was questionable though "

It was a very long time ago, we used this thing called a phone box. Some people had phones in their houses but no mobiles or internet. It all sounds very quaint now, thinking about it.

over a year ago

Falmouth is lovely. I could easily live there. Phone reception was questionable though

It was a very long time ago, we used this thing called a phone box. Some people had phones in their houses but no mobiles or internet. It all sounds very quaint now, thinking about it."

I remember it well. I’m only 3 years younger than you. It was still a pain though.

over a year ago

I eat it the Cornish way which is jam then cream but I’m from Devon. The cream tea originates from Devon so therefore the Devonian way should be correct. "

But the jam will crush the cream.

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

I eat it the Cornish way which is jam then cream but I’m from Devon. The cream tea originates from Devon so therefore the Devonian way should be correct.

But the jam will crush the cream. "

If you put the jam on first, how would that crush the cream?

By *inkyfun2013Couple
over a year ago

lewisham

"Lordship Lane East Dulwich, any day off the week, especially in this weather. No one bats an eyelid...I don't know what the reaction would be two miles down the road on Rye Lane, Peckham! "

Saw a couple of young African guys holding hands on Rye Lane, Peckham yesterday and felt really chuffed that they felt so confident. The times they are a changin...

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman
over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

Times are changing and being different to the majority is more acceptable, not just gay men holding hands. Thank fuck for that, long overdue

over a year ago

No, you treat the cream like butter. Tbh, I grew up eating it with butter, then jam and then cream. You put clotted cream on everything at parties including jam tarts. I would often have a Jam and cream sandwich. No wonder heart disease is so high in that part of the country.

over a year ago

It was a very long time ago, we used this thing called a phone box. Some people had phones in their houses but no mobiles or internet. It all sounds very quaint now, thinking about it.

I remember it well. I’m only 3 years younger than you. It was still a pain though. "

I liked it there but was used to a more varied night life and always felt a little isolated from civilization. We used to go to the Barbican (I think)in Plymouth to see bands if someone had a car that was running and we had the money. Job opportunities were scarce as well. We did consider going back there to live but decided it was a better holiday destination for us than a home.

Well done for re igniting the old cream tea debate...trouble maker

over a year ago

If you put the jam on first, how would that crush the cream?"

She meant if you do it the Devon way, cream then Jam.

over a year ago

I remember it well. I’m only 3 years younger than you. It was still a pain though.

I liked it there but was used to a more varied night life and always felt a little isolated from civilization. We used to go to the Barbican (I think)in Plymouth to see bands if someone had a car that was running and we had the money. Job opportunities were scarce as well. We did consider going back there to live but decided it was a better holiday destination for us than a home.

Well done for re igniting the old cream tea debate...trouble maker "

Don’t start me on pasties...

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Clotted cream doesn't crush. Cream first, acting like butter but much thicker, then a dollop of jam.

over a year ago

Dude, you have been posting too many gay threads.. anything you want to tell us?

over a year ago

Well done for re igniting the old cream tea debate...trouble maker

Don’t start me on pasties... "

I like scones (as in cones) with sultanas in them. That's going to divide opinions in the Devon and Cornwall camp!

Feel free to start on pasties...I enjoy the chaos

over a year ago

Clotted cream doesn't crush. Cream first, acting like butter but much thicker, then a dollop of jam.

"

Er, no! Fruit scone, butter, cream, then jam ffs!

over a year ago

Things are definitely moving on, and I hope the time soon arrives when trans folk are accepted as much as gay people are now. We currently seem to be targeted by large sections of the media, even though we only want to get on with our lives, like anyone else.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Er, no! Fruit scone, butter, cream, then jam ffs! "

We were poor! Butter and clotted cream would have been luxury in my North Devon cousins' home.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Things are definitely moving on, and I hope the time soon arrives when trans folk are accepted as much as gay people are now. We currently seem to be targeted by large sections of the media, even though we only want to get on with our lives, like anyone else."

A trans friend described the latest frenzy as akin to being gay in the '80s and early '90s. Sadly, with some of the gay community adding to the transphobic noise.

I keep meaning to start a drawbridge thread.

over a year ago

"Things are definitely moving on, and I hope the time soon arrives when trans folk are accepted as much as gay people are now. We currently seem to be targeted by large sections of the media, even though we only want to get on with our lives, like anyone else.

A trans friend described the latest frenzy as akin to being gay in the '80s and early '90s. Sadly, with some of the gay community adding to the transphobic noise.

"

Along with all the intolerance and in-fighting about who is or isn't allowed to call themselves trans

What's a drawbridge thread anyway?

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Scone, like stone. Get with the program!!!

over a year ago

Scone, like stone. Get with the program!!! "

It's scone like gone in Leicester. Innit

over a year ago

Gay update;

I haven’t seen any holding hands today, more on this later and now Jenny with the weather.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Things are definitely moving on, and I hope the time soon arrives when trans folk are accepted as much as gay people are now. We currently seem to be targeted by large sections of the media, even though we only want to get on with our lives, like anyone else.

Along with all the intolerance and in-fighting about who is or isn't allowed to call themselves trans

What's a drawbridge thread anyway? "

I started it. I'm having a *debate* with someone.

over a year ago

If you put the jam on first, how would that crush the cream?

She meant if you do it the Devon way, cream then Jam. "

No I read it wrong. The sun was in my eyes. Honest.

Post new Message to Thread