Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hollow Victories

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

You win. Be it a race,a debate,a prize, a person etc

But someone lost, and is watching you bask in glory, whilst posdibly doubting themselves and their worth.

Do you ever look at your victories and feel less than triumphant knowing your euphoria leaves another feeling "less than", or do you punch the air with not a care of others....this is your moment?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't like winning for that reason tbh.

I love the feeling of knowing that you won but knowing it is at the detriment if someone else is not a good feeling but that is how life works.

If the person is a cunt I love winning

over a year ago

Winnings winning simple as that

over a year ago

I'm probably the best winner I know. I don't mean I win alot haha I mean when I win there's no gloating. I'm beaming and giddy inside but outside I'm pretending I was lucky an that it could have gone either way and I'll encourage my rival. Tbf I hate competing. I'm a good winner but not a good loser.

over a year ago

No, they should have tried harder

over a year ago

Punch the air and move on!

over a year ago

" You win. Be it a race,a debate,a prize, a person etc

But someone lost, and is watching you bask in glory, whilst posdibly doubting themselves and their worth.

Do you ever look at your victories and feel less than triumphant knowing your euphoria leaves another feeling "less than", or do you punch the air with not a care of others....this is your moment? "

fuck them, useless arseholes

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’m usually first off at the traffic lights with a whoop of glee. It’s allied being a winner (for 14 seconds).

Eat dust, Maserati scum!

By *r. Pepper...Man
over a year ago

liverpool

No, I couldn't give a toss. If you can't stand losing, don't take part. Fuck 'em

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Allied = called

over a year ago

I don't have a competitive bone in my body so I would probably just congratulate my rival … actually I probably wouldn't compete in the first place..

over a year ago

A pyrrhic victory?

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It's only a hollow victory if you win by default, injury or similar.

If it's a fair competition, I wouldn't feel bad for winning... I'd be happy.

I think lack of true completion is bad... everyone needs to learn to accept failure, but also understand the benefits of hard work coupled with success.

I'm tired so hope that makes sense..

Nita

over a year ago

I've had a few hollow victories and I don't like them. So I tend to try and make it up to my opponent somehow.

But I've also learnt in life that all the millions of people ahead in the queue from me, professing to be more worthy of the prize and of having the best vision of the way forward are quite often utterly mistaken, utterly unworthy of the prize, and harbouring ridiculously ill thought out ideas on how to pursue the matter at hand. So fuck them. I'm coming through!

over a year ago

"It's only a hollow victory if you win by default, injury or similar.

If it's a fair competition, I wouldn't feel bad for winning... I'd be happy.

I think lack of true completion is bad... everyone needs to learn to accept failure, but also understand the benefits of hard work coupled with success.

I'm tired so hope that makes sense..

Nita"

It does, and I agree with your points of learning failure.

I've always been a competitive soul, but at times I've seen the faces of those I've "beaten". It takes the edge off?

Yes winning is winning as a poster said, but I guess in certain contexts victory is at a price?

over a year ago

"I've had a few hollow victories and I don't like them. So I tend to try and make it up to my opponent somehow.

But I've also learnt in life that all the millions of people ahead in the queue from me, professing to be more worthy of the prize and of having the best vision of the way forward are quite often utterly mistaken, utterly unworthy of the prize, and harbouring ridiculously ill thought out ideas on how to pursue the matter at hand. So fuck them. I'm coming through! "

well put

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

It depends what it is really. Having the last word? No couldn’t care less. Winning at Monopoly? Bring it on!

over a year ago

Do you ever look at your victories and feel less than triumphant knowing your euphoria leaves another feeling "less than", or do you punch the air with not a care of others....this is your moment? "

Depends on what it is. If both me and a friend went for a job and I got it I'd probably feel guilty.

over a year ago

Every test we had in school I came top of.

I sat silent while my marks were read out, but one day, when our maths test results were being read out, as the teacher read out the score someone said "We all know who that will be".

It made me think, for the first time in my life, that people don't like winners who keep winning.

over a year ago

Do you ever look at your victories and feel less than triumphant knowing your euphoria leaves another feeling "less than", or do you punch the air with not a care of others....this is your moment?

Depends on what it is. If both me and a friend went for a job and I got it I'd probably feel guilty. "

I would feel bad for them but not guilty.

Post new Message to Thread