Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Non league football

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Now that my team (Orient) are spending their second year down in the National League I wondered if we have any other non league fans on here?

Personally I enjoyed last year. Loads of new away grounds, friendly locals, excellent clubhouses with great beers. Looking forward to kick off in three weeks!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Wait till you've been down here 11 years.. May change your tune...

over a year ago

"Wait till you've been down here 11 years.. May change your tune... "

Ha I get what you are saying. I'm hoping we can have a big push to get out this year.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I watch Solihull Moors when they're playing a side with a decent away following and I happen to be in the area. They had an amazing run last season from New Year on.

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

Hartlepool United

By *leasant passionate manMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Occasionally watch Coalville Town.

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

"Now that my team (Orient) are spending their second year down in the National League I wondered if we have any other non league fans on here?

Personally I enjoyed last year. Loads of new away grounds, friendly locals, excellent clubhouses with great beers. Looking forward to kick off in three weeks! "

i recently watched a documentary about orient it was called orient for a fiver it’s available on YouTube if you haven’t the number 2 at the time became our arguably best manager Chris Turner

over a year ago

I follow The Heed Army when I get the chance Gateshead FC

over a year ago

"Hartlepool United "

Always had a soft spot for the monkey hangers as you were up there with us in the playoffs in 2001 and we won a crucial game 3-1 after being three up in the first 15 mins. And obviously dropped down with us last year.

over a year ago

"I follow The Heed Army when I get the chance Gateshead FC"

Our bogey team at times last year, especially in those cup ties!

over a year ago

Did you sample the delights of the Tranmere Rovers beer tent?

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I used to regularly watch my local non league team - sadly I work every Saturday now. For away matches the fans used to travel on the same bus as the players

They are currently playing in the east midlands counties league which is tier 10 in the football pyramid.

over a year ago

"Now that my team (Orient) are spending their second year down in the National League I wondered if we have any other non league fans on here?

Personally I enjoyed last year. Loads of new away grounds, friendly locals, excellent clubhouses with great beers. Looking forward to kick off in three weeks! i recently watched a documentary about orient it was called orient for a fiver it’s available on YouTube if you haven’t the number 2 at the time became our arguably best manager Chris Turner "

Ah yes mate, is it a good doc. That's the first season I started going too!

over a year ago

"Did you sample the delights of the Tranmere Rovers beer tent?"

Alas no, Tranmere away was on a weeknight and on BT so couldn't get up there. Congrats to them on getting back out though. Best team I saw at home last year.

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Hartlepool United

Always had a soft spot for the monkey hangers as you were up there with us in the playoffs in 2001 and we won a crucial game 3-1 after being three up in the first 15 mins. And obviously dropped down with us last year."

Haha I always hated my team (notts county) playing the monkey hangers. Our managers were always sacked after an away defeat to them for about 6 seasons in a row!

over a year ago

Thanks, god knows we made it hard for ourselves though. I’ll miss the National league though - but wouldn’t want to go back.

over a year ago

"Hartlepool United

Always had a soft spot for the monkey hangers as you were up there with us in the playoffs in 2001 and we won a crucial game 3-1 after being three up in the first 15 mins. And obviously dropped down with us last year.

Haha I always hated my team (notts county) playing the monkey hangers. Our managers were always sacked after an away defeat to them for about 6 seasons in a row!"

Kevin Nolan doing a great job there. What I'd give to have him back!

By *aren1956TV/TS
over a year ago

Fakenham

Darlington, hoping to get back soon to the football league. Sadly I have to watch their trials and tribulations from afar.

over a year ago

"Darlington, hoping to get back soon to the football league. Sadly I have to watch their trials and tribulations from afar."

Hopefully you guys will get back there one day. Been keeping an eye on darlo ever since that crazy George Reynolds ruined them.

By *aren1956TV/TS
over a year ago

Fakenham

[Removed by poster at 16/07/18 20:04:26]

Post new Message to Thread