Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

3pts and £60....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

.... for travelling 40 miles to meet a guy last night.

He lives on a new estate and Tom Tom didn't recognise the post code. I pulled over first and called him and as it was 40 miles away I didn't have a clue when he ws directing me so drove while he told me where to go. I was about 300 yards away ...... bonus!!

Until I noticed the fluorescent jacket on the driver of the unmarked car behind me. Grrrrr!!!

Marie x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

was he worth the trouble is what we all want to know?

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

".... for travelling 40 miles to meet a guy last night.

He lives on a new estate and Tom Tom didn't recognise the post code. I pulled over first and called him and as it was 40 miles away I didn't have a clue when he ws directing me so drove while he told me where to go. I was about 300 yards away ...... bonus!!

Until I noticed the fluorescent jacket on the driver of the unmarked car behind me. Grrrrr!!!

Marie x

"

Oh Marie, I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope your meet offered to at least cover the fine? x x x

over a year ago

It wouldn't be polite for me to comment on that!

But ..... .

over a year ago

So you didn't get the 3pts on your license and a fine for traveling you got it for chatting on the phone while you were driving, which just about everyone in UK knows is against the law? At least you didn't have an accident while conscentrating on your phone call and put a dent in your car.

Thank god there was a man in a flourecent jacket to stop you before something went horribly wrong?

K&T

Marie x

"

over a year ago

Four days remaining before I find out if I got caught on the A18 the other week. Feck me, two weeks don't half drag. Made the drive to Warrington yesterday a bit slow

over a year ago

"Four days remaining before I find out if I got caught on the A18 the other week. Feck me, two weeks don't half drag. Made the drive to Warrington yesterday a bit slow"

For speeding that is.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"Four days remaining before I find out if I got caught on the A18 the other week. Feck me, two weeks don't half drag. Made the drive to Warrington yesterday a bit slow"

I got done in Notts a few months ago and found out in less than a week.

Hope it goes ok for you

over a year ago

I'm a bit annoyed, as I've not had so much as a parking ticket in 20 years driving (okay, so I sweet talked the female traffic warden when I was in Leeds a few years back, but that doesn't count )

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

He lives on a new estate and Tom Tom didn't recognise the post code. ...

"

It's what route planner is for

Then look on google map, find the nearest road tom-tom knows and follow your route finder instructions.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/08/09 17:02:15]

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"

Oh Marie, I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope your meet offered to at least cover the fine? x x x"

over a year ago

In the 30 plus years Ive been driving Ive been stopped and fined for speeding a couple of times, everytime Ive been stopped Ive been as guilty as hell and no one but me has been to blame and each time the Police Officer has been polite and helpful and Ive felt a right numpty and embarressed.

Each time Ive been punished for my stupidity its made me behave better, for a while at least and luckily, touch wood, Ive always been stopped before Ive seriously hurt someone.

Id hate to be a Police Officer who has to go to someones house and tell them a loved ones been hurt or killed because of bad driving?

So bite your lip and face the punishment, even if thats just having to sweat for a week or so?

K&T xx xx

"Four days remaining before I find out if I got caught on the A18 the other week. Feck me, two weeks don't half drag. Made the drive to Warrington yesterday a bit slow

For speeding that is."

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"I'm a bit annoyed, as I've not had so much as a parking ticket in 20 years driving (okay, so I sweet talked the female traffic warden when I was in Leeds a few years back, but that doesn't count )"

I know thefeling, mine was first anything in 28 years of driving

over a year ago

You know... the law is the law and all that.. fair play, you got caught so got the trimmings. What annoys me is the amount of the police we see regular.. using the radio, mobiles eating and we even recently saw one smoking in his car whilst driving...

One rule for one etc... Nanny state!!!!

over a year ago

"So you didn't get the 3pts on your license and a fine for traveling you got it for chatting on the phone while you were driving, which just about everyone in UK knows is against the law? At least you didn't have an accident while conscentrating on your phone call and put a dent in your car.

Thank god there was a man in a flourecent jacket to stop you before something went horribly wrong?

K&T"

Absolutely!! Total stupidity!!

I felt sick when he said there had a been a number of accidents in the area.

over a year ago

"You know... the law is the law and all that.. fair play, you got caught so got the trimmings. What annoys me is the amount of the police we see regular.. using the radio, mobiles eating and we even recently saw one smoking in his car whilst driving...

One rule for one etc... Nanny state!!!!

"

That would explain the police van overtaking me and doing 90 near Middlesborough the other week. No lights, and I can't imgine that a 'collision investigation' van would need to be breaking the speed limit even if he was on his way to accident.

over a year ago

"

So bite your lip and face the punishment, even if thats just having to sweat for a week or so?

K&T xx xx"

You make it sound as if I'm complaining about it. If I get a ticket its my fault, and I didn't say otherwise

over a year ago

He lives on a new estate and Tom Tom didn't recognise the post code. ...

It's what route planner is for

Then look on google map, find the nearest road tom-tom knows and follow your route finder instructions."

Thanks for that!! I won't be going in that direction again

But note to self ... look on routefinder first

over a year ago

I'm still amazed a woman would do the 40 mile drive...

Think its good and all that.,.. but still amazed all the same!!

over a year ago

Well I won't be doing it again...

And beggar all to do with the little mishap at the beginning

Anyhows ... what is good for the goose and all that! Guys have driven to me....

over a year ago

I got caught about 3 years ago chatting on the phone, fortunately it was before they put the points on so only got a fine, unfortunately it was right outside the police station they caught me, the coppers must had been come off a break and it would have made their day.

Silly but won't get caught doing it again.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Near where I live the were once doung an experiment at a junction changing from traffic lights to roundabout.

One day cam up looked to my right road clear so went across

200yds down road blue flashing lights stopped me and told me I had gone through lights on red

They'd changed it back.

I pointed out to the police officer that he must have gone though them on Red too which he admitted.

I poltely told him that if he didn;t tell on me, I wouldn't tell on him. LOL

over a year ago

"Near where I live the were once doung an experiment at a junction changing from traffic lights to roundabout.

One day cam up looked to my right road clear so went across

200yds down road blue flashing lights stopped me and told me I had gone through lights on red

They'd changed it back.

I pointed out to the police officer that he must have gone though them on Red too which he admitted.

I poltely told him that if he didn;t tell on me, I wouldn't tell on him. LOL"

Nice one

over a year ago

Nope, you didnt say you were complaining you told us you were waiting to find out what was going to happen. We responded to that, hope we didn't sound to judgemental because we have also been guilty ourselves.

K&T xx xx

"

K&T xx xx

You make it sound as if I'm complaining about it. If I get a ticket its my fault, and I didn't say otherwise "

over a year ago

Marie x

"

When using your mouth you should *always* be hands free!

over a year ago

Marie x

"

unless your deaf!

over a year ago

Marie x

unless your deaf! "

Pardon? xx

Post new Message to Thread