Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A straw poll...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi Fabbers

I just had a strange experience here and it made me think about something... some background first...

I was chatting away with a lady, we exchanged a few messages disclosing our likes and preferences, just getting to know each other... when bam! One second she was being open, honest, and I thought genuine, then she blocked me.

Now I am not some newbie here, I know generally how things work. But if one second you are having a nice conversation, and the next you are blocked, is there some explanation that should be offered?

My poll is this, who thinks there should be some (however small) reason given when a user is blocked? I am left now wondering what is wrong with me that this has happened, or is there something nefarious going on just to gain access to me... it's very confusing...

Cheers Fabbers!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

It's happened to me twice . I just thought ok , they are clearly troubled , and went about my day . It's when you meet someone and they remove you from friends list that you should worry lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Some explanation would be nice of course, and polite, but nobody is under any obligation here.

Besides, how would know they are being honest with you? People could give any old reason if they felt like it.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Don't think about it so much.

You have NO idea who 'she' is or what is going on in her life.

You will NEVER know if 'she' was genuine or whether someone better came along or 'she' just tired of you.

No matter..... it's done now and you can't think that you can learn about other women from it. We are not the same.

Be you and enjoy. x

over a year ago

A reason would be good but it won't happen.

Make your own reason up. She was falling in love with you and knew no other man could ever live up to you so she decided to cut contact for both your sakes.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

People block for the most bizarre reasons but I suppose it’s their choice.

It would be nice to know the reason ... if they could manage to tell you in a pleasant way. However I suspect it would come across hard and insulting so I think it’s best left alone.

over a year ago

"Don't think about it so much.

You have NO idea who 'she' is or what is going on in her life.

You will NEVER know if 'she' was genuine or whether someone better came along or 'she' just tired of you.

No matter..... it's done now and you can't think that you can learn about other women from it. We are not the same.

Be you and enjoy. x "

By *ystical_InkedBBWWoman
over a year ago

somewhere in the Shire of Derby

You can't guarantee every profile is genuine. It does help if they have recent verifications, or offer to do a quick video chat to confirm they are the person in pictures etc but even then some genuine people don't have veris. It's a risk you take and unfortunately some will block and delete with no warning.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Why would they block you if...

"They want to gain access" to you

over a year ago

She didnt like something you said I guess.

over a year ago

"She didnt like something you said I guess. "

Exactly this. People have certain topics that are stressers for them, all it takes sometimes is a careless word or misplaced joke and it’s game over. Written communication is difficult to get right.

Don’t worry about it, just move on.

over a year ago

If your blocked why care

over a year ago

Just another mental woman of Fab; the place is teeming with us.

Or, a man.

He had a lovely wank over your likes and preferences.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Maybe you told her something she didn't like or she thought you weren't into the same things,so wouldn't click.

It's annoying I agree,in an ideal world people would be upfront ,but here you do get abuse for saying no or similar,so maybe that's why op.

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

I’m not sure the internet is the right one lace for the over sensitive ! I really wouldn’t give a shit it’s their problem not yours

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thanks everyone. I have developed a thick skin over time so I just let it go, my time IS very precious to me so why waste it

Cheers

over a year ago

Since we only usually get blocked by forum users I'm guessing it's because they are twats. No explanation needed

over a year ago

"Hi Fabbers

I just had a strange experience here and it made me think about something... some background first...

I was chatting away with a lady, we exchanged a few messages disclosing our likes and preferences, just getting to know each other... when bam! One second she was being open, honest, and I thought genuine, then she blocked me.

Now I am not some newbie here, I know generally how things work. But if one second you are having a nice conversation, and the next you are blocked, is there some explanation that should be offered?

My poll is this, who thinks there should be some (however small) reason given when a user is blocked? I am left now wondering what is wrong with me that this has happened, or is there something nefarious going on just to gain access to me... it's very confusing...

Cheers Fabbers!"

1. Accidental blocking.

2. She changed her mind.

3. She discovered she actually knows you.

And no, you're not entitled to know.

over a year ago

"Hi Fabbers

Cheers Fabbers!

1. Accidental blocking.

2. She changed her mind.

3. She discovered she actually knows you.

And no, you're not entitled to know."

You forgot 4. She's mental.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

A reason of course would be nice but usually unlikely. Just don't over think it and move on....

By *ornylittlesubWoman
over a year ago

Grangemouth

He...i mean she....came. Just throwing it out there.

over a year ago

"Hi Fabbers

Cheers Fabbers!"

Apologies if someone has already said this, I’ve not read thread through - but like a select an option and/or blank box to provide a comment (like the report function requests on here) as you apply the block button. Yeah, that could be good.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Op its just easier to let nohing surprise you on here

over a year ago

Those bloody mental bitches giving us genuine ones a bad name.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

[Removed by poster at 14/07/18 14:00:38]

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

Ive chatted to guys on a regular basis ....one in particular for a few months ....we were going to meet ... then one day he said something weird and it offended me....ive not spoken to him since ..

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Hi Fabbers

Cheers Fabbers!"

Simple answer is no , it’s crazy to think that anyone has to give a reason for blocking someone .

You say you aren’t a newbie , and you know how it all works , yet you ask a question like this . Women often get dozens of messages a day ( often more ) and the fact that you got chatting was cool . But she probably had a fair few others on the go too . She chose someone else , so that’s you out . Game over . Move on , and if you’re looking for a bit more depth from people , maybe try a different site because this one isn’t going to cut it for you .

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"She didnt like something you said I guess.

Exactly this. People have certain topics that are stressers for them, all it takes sometimes is a careless word or misplaced joke and it’s game over. Written communication is difficult to get right.

Don’t worry about it, just move on. "

I’d agree!

Sometimes an opinion or even just a word I loathe can turn be cold - though I wouldn’t block - I’d ignore if it was early in the conversation and we hadn’t developed any connection yet - which is possibly worse than being blocked? X

Post new Message to Thread