Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do you believe someone who identifies as female is a

Jump to newest

By *lem-H-Fandango OP   Man
over a year ago

salisbury

Woman? No op, no drugs, but identifies as female even though born with a male body.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

Who am I to tell someone what to think about their gender identy?..

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

If he has xx chromosomes a vag a womb , the ability to give birth and feed with 'his' mammaries.......... yes

If he has all the male bits and considers himself a woman mentally and psychologically ......... yes.

If he's a big brute of a bearded bloke peering over my loo wall and asking to compare genitals..........NOPE.

Reply privately

By *ax1971Man
over a year ago

St helens

You are who you want to be..

Whatever feels natural to the person is what they should embrace...x

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

How do we treat someone who wants to be a woman? Is it just the personal pronoun we change or should we treat them differently?

Reply privately

over a year ago

salisbury

"If he has xx chromosomes a vag a womb , the ability to give birth and feed with 'his' mammaries.......... yes

If he has all the male bits and considers himself a woman mentally and psychologically ......... yes.

If he's a big brute of a bearded bloke peering over my loo wall and asking to compare genitals..........NOPE."

But in the eyes of the law they're the same.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Woman? No op, no drugs, but identifies as female even though born with a male body. "

No, but I’d call them whatever they want.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Woman? No op, no drugs, but identifies as female even though born with a male body. "
No its all in the mind, look in the mirror

Reply privately

over a year ago

Which public toilets would they use?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Which public toilets would they use?"
uni-sex, gents basically

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Which public toilets would they use?"

Mens

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Woman? No op, no drugs, but identifies as female even though born with a male body.

No, but I’d call them whatever they want."

This for me too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If he has xx chromosomes a vag a womb , the ability to give birth and feed with 'his' mammaries.......... yes

If he's a big brute of a bearded bloke peering over my loo wall and asking to compare genitals..........NOPE.

But in the eyes of the law they're the same. "

I'm being serious, not flippant, serious here, repeat not flippant......So, even though I've been male all my life with no female tendencies whatsoever I can "over night" decide I want to be considered female and would have to be treated as such legally?

Reply privately

over a year ago

A person can identify with whatever they want to, just stop expecting everyone else to fit in with it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How do we treat someone who wants to be a woman? Is it just the personal pronoun we change or should we treat them differently?"

Reply privately

By *ocbigMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

How does it change the opinions/argument if you substitute for example black for woman?

Reply privately

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

No, they are not.

Reply privately

over a year ago

salisbury

No, they are not."

So where does the distinction change?

Reply privately

over a year ago

The phrase 'identifies as' does seem to come up a lot in these sort of conversations.

I would like to hear some peoples opinions or explanations of what,precisely,that means.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There is an OP, I can see you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How do we treat someone who wants to be a woman? Is it just the personal pronoun we change or should we treat them differently?"

Actually, thinking about, haven't women spent over a hundred years fighting for not to be treated differently?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Woman? No op, no drugs, but identifies as female even though born with a male body.

The phrase 'identifies as' does seem to come up a lot in these sort of conversations.

I would like to hear some peoples opinions or explanations of what,precisely,that means."

Well its easy, you

' identity as ' a naked woman in a hat

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Which public toilets would they use?

Mens"

But if they see themselves as a female surely they would use the females?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Which public toilets would they use?

Mens

But if they see themselves as a female surely they would use the females?"

only if they wanted to sit down

Reply privately

over a year ago

I would like to hear some peoples opinions or explanations of what,precisely,that means.Well its easy, you

' identity as ' a naked woman in a hat "

Not right now I don't (in my nighty and hatless). Anyways,that doesn't really explain what 'identifying as' something really means.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I would like to hear some peoples opinions or explanations of what,precisely,that means.Well its easy, you

Not right now I don't (in my nighty and hatless). Anyways,that doesn't really explain what 'identifying as' something really means."

it does, it's how you're perceived by others you identity as the woman in the hat , boy George identifies as the gay man in a hat and rue Paul identifies as the transvestite in a sparkly hat

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not right now I don't (in my nighty and hatless). Anyways,that doesn't really explain what 'identifying as' something really means.it does, it's how you're perceived by others you identity as the woman in the hat , boy George identifies as the gay man in a hat and rue Paul identifies as the transvestite in a sparkly hat "

Ah,so it's more to do with others perception of a person than their own self perception.

That makes it easier to answer because the question then becomes ''are the people I see as female,women?'' Answer,sometimes.

(Hats optional).

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not right now I don't (in my nighty and hatless). Anyways,that doesn't really explain what 'identifying as' something really means.it does, it's how you're perceived by others you identity as the woman in the hat , boy George identifies as the gay man in a hat and rue Paul identifies as the transvestite in a sparkly hat

Ah,so it's more to do with others perception of a person than their own self perception.

That makes it easier to answer because the question then becomes ''are the people I see as female,women?'' Answer,sometimes.

(Hats optional)."

yes it has to be because theirs doubt in the Ops eyes as to their identity

Reply privately

over a year ago

salisbury

Well, when would an employer for example have to treat a man as a woman when he decides he no longer is male, but identifies as female? At what point would he not get sacked for using the female toilet?

Reply privately

over a year ago

We could also draw a distinction between physical sex and gender expression.

For example,if a person is female or if they are male is (obviously) referring to their physical sex.

But,,,,if we are discussing whether someone is femININE or maSCULINE,that is more subjective,changeable and not necessarily to do with ones physical characteristics. I.E. having a female body does not mean that a person will always act,dress,think or feel in a way that is traditionally thought of as feminine (and vice versa for guys), although she might when she wants to.

It seems,then,that gender expression is more a part of someones personality than anything else.

The aforementioned big hairy assed guy with a beard and a penis is therefore,clearly not a woman but,may or may not be considered to be feminine (some ,all or none of the time, by themselves and by others.

I hope the succinct way I have explained this has finally cleared up the issue for all those who seem to be so concerned with it that they seem to go on about it so much. (Naming no names,of course).

Reply privately

By *rkeb3Man
over a year ago

east Lancashire road

I do say I don't bleive but won't matter to them what I think

Reply privately

over a year ago

salisbury

"I do say I don't bleive but won't matter to them what I think "

So you wouldn't suck a trans woman's cock? Even though it's a female cock?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Females don't have cocks

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We could also draw a distinction between physical sex and gender expression.

For example,if a person is female or if they are male is (obviously) referring to their physical sex.

But,,,,if we are discussing whether someone is femININE or maSCULINE,that is more subjective,changeable and not necessarily to do with ones physical characteristics. I.E. having a female body does not mean that a person will always act,dress,think or feel in a way that is traditionally thought of as feminine (and vice versa for guys), although she might when she wants to.

It seems,then,that gender expression is more a part of someones personality than anything else.

The aforementioned big hairy assed guy with a beard and a penis is therefore,clearly not a woman but,may or may not be considered to be feminine (some ,all or none of the time, by themselves and by others.

I hope the succinct way I have explained this has finally cleared up the issue for all those who seem to be so concerned with it that they seem to go on about it so much. (Naming no names,of course)."

But who defines what is considered as feminine and as masculine ?

Is it society ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hope the succinct way I have explained this has finally cleared up the issue for all those who seem to be so concerned with it that they seem to go on about it so much. (Naming no names,of course)."

But the OP is asking how other people see that person, not how the person feels themself.

No matter the question- sex, gender, body size, attractiveness etc, other people will all see it differently.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well, when would an employer for example have to treat a man as a woman when he decides he no longer is male, but identifies as female? At what point would he not get sacked for using the female toilet?"

Despite what some may seem to believe,gender reassignment is NEVER as simple as saying 'I've changed now'.

In order to be taken seriously,it has to be backed up (name change,appearance changes etc).

There is no law dictating which loo any person uses but there are laws about behaviour likely to cause distress and offence.So a person who looks so obviously like a guy could possibly fall foul of the public order act if they just wanted to go in the ladies for a sneaky peek. As for being sacked,depending on what a person got up to in the loo,it could be considered Gross Misconduct but would probably be better dealt with by discussing the matter. It's far more likely that a person seriously feeling that they need to change gender, would have some sort of conversation beforehand and not just turn up to work one day and demand to use the ladies loo. (which is usually locked in places where I work,I have to ask for the key,,,,,discrimination? could be).

Reply privately

over a year ago

salisbury

"Females don't have cocks "

Lol of course they do! Trans females don't have to have it cut off! They can still fuck like men, they're just women with big hard cocks full of spunk! and tits to if you're lucky!

Reply privately

over a year ago

salisbury

"Well, when would an employer for example have to treat a man as a woman when he decides he no longer is male, but identifies as female? At what point would he not get sacked for using the female toilet?

Despite what some may seem to believe,gender reassignment is NEVER as simple as saying 'I've changed now'.

In order to be taken seriously,it has to be backed up (name change,appearance changes etc).

There is no law dictating which loo any person uses but there are laws about behaviour likely to cause distress and offence.So a person who looks so obviously like a guy could possibly fall foul of the public order act if they just wanted to go in the ladies for a sneaky peek. As for being sacked,depending on what a person got up to in the loo,it could be considered Gross Misconduct but would probably be better dealt with by discussing the matter. It's far more likely that a person seriously feeling that they need to change gender, would have some sort of conversation beforehand and not just turn up to work one day and demand to use the ladies loo. (which is usually locked in places where I work,I have to ask for the key,,,,,discrimination? could be)."

So if a guy was in prison for life, but then realised he was actually a she, how would he go about getting into the women's prison? He couldn't start wearing dresses could she?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well, when would an employer for example have to treat a man as a woman when he decides he no longer is male, but identifies as female? At what point would he not get sacked for using the female toilet?

There is no law dictating which loo any person uses but there are laws about behaviour likely to cause distress and offence.So a person who looks so obviously like a guy could possibly fall foul of the public order act if they just wanted to go in the ladies for a sneaky peek. As for being sacked,depending on what a person got up to in the loo,it could be considered Gross Misconduct but would probably be better dealt with by discussing the matter. It's far more likely that a person seriously feeling that they need to change gender, would have some sort of conversation beforehand and not just turn up to work one day and demand to use the ladies loo. (which is usually locked in places where I work,I have to ask for the key,,,,,discrimination? could be).

So if a guy was in prison for life, but then realised he was actually a she, how would he go about getting into the women's prison? He couldn't start wearing dresses could she?"

I guess they'd have to start by talking to the prison doctor. My only knowledge of prisons comes from watching Porridge and Cell block H. The clothing doesn't seem to be all that different.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hope the succinct way I have explained this has finally cleared up the issue for all those who seem to be so concerned with it that they seem to go on about it so much. (Naming no names,of course).

But who defines what is considered as feminine and as masculine ?

Is it society ?

"

I suppose so.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm being serious, not flippant, serious here, repeat not flippant......So, even though I've been male all my life with no female tendencies whatsoever I can "over night" decide I want to be considered female and would have to be treated as such legally? "

It would depend on what you mean by treated. There are various laws dealing with how people interact but no law requiring anyone to use any particular pronouns, for example.

There was a law proposed in Canada that would compel everyone to use everyone elses preferred pronoun ( even though there seemed to be a lot of them,just made up recently).

Not sure whether this actually became law but,one of the leading opponents,Jordan Peterson,argued that to compel any use of language is as much a violation of free speech as is forbidding it. Personally,I can't help but agree with his point of view.

It's all a matter of treating people with respect and courtesy. Mr Peterson never said that he would not call someone whatever they wanted to be called,but that he refused to be ordered to do so.

So, it doesn't seem very likely that anyone could ever force someone else to 'identify' them a certain way but,instead of forcing,they can persuade them to in many ways,including just being and appearing to be the person that they wish to be identified as. First impressions count for a lot. having a big bushy beard and a gruff voice will often give the impression that the person is a man and it's going to be very hard to shake off that impression.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is this a trap?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wasn’t going to get drawn in to another one of these but fuck it. To answer the specific question. No, a man does not become a woman just because he says so. He can call himself what he likes but the fact remains he is a man calling himself a woman.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/07/18 10:04:56]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Females don't have cocks "

Meet me next Friday night.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is this a trap?"

There's no vagina.

Reply privately

over a year ago

In the immortal words of Ted “there are no such things as chicks with dicks, just guys with tits” hope that helps.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is everyone who has a cock,a man?

What? a REAL man?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is everyone who has a cock,a man?

What? a REAL man?"

As you supposed society defines it.

Reply privately

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

There is no specific law that enforces segregation of toilets according to genitalia.

There is general legislation that comes into play in situations where an individual is considered to be acting unreasonably.

A bloke in fancy dress, for example, asserting a perceived right to piss in a ladies loo is going to find himself on the wrong side of reasonable behaviour.

In terms of legal recognition, every individual is assigned male or female at birth and this marker is applied to every dealing with officialdom thereafter.

If you are arrested, for example, you will be processed as a male if your official records state you are male.

To be recognised officially in your new gender requires a gender recognition certificate, or GRC.

There is a fee and the application needs to be accompanied by evidence from at least one medical professional.

A panel approves or rejects the application.

A GRC also entitles the individual to have their previous identity protected.

The UK Government currently is consulting on whether to relax these requirements and allow individuals who are serious about living in their acquired gender to "self-identify".

This debate has thrown up all sorts of "what if" scare stories.

The reality is that people who are serious about their gender identity already use the facilities reserved for that gender.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What? a REAL man?

As you supposed society defines it."

So,,,it is a matter of perception,then?

Reply privately

over a year ago

What? a REAL man?

So,,,it is a matter of perception,then?"

If yes, in that case it is not too far fetched to wonder whether people who believed to have been born in the wrong body is a social construction or not?

Reply privately

over a year ago

There is no specific law that enforces segregation of toilets according to genitalia.

There is general legislation that comes into play in situations where an individual is considered to be acting unreasonably.

A bloke in fancy dress, for example, asserting a perceived right to piss in a ladies loo is going to find himself on the wrong side of reasonable behaviour.

In terms of legal recognition, every individual is assigned male or female at birth and this marker is applied to every dealing with officialdom thereafter.

If you are arrested, for example, you will be processed as a male if your official records state you are male.

To be recognised officially in your new gender requires a gender recognition certificate, or GRC.

There is a fee and the application needs to be accompanied by evidence from at least one medical professional.

A panel approves or rejects the application.

A GRC also entitles the individual to have their previous identity protected.

The UK Government currently is consulting on whether to relax these requirements and allow individuals who are serious about living in their acquired gender to "self-identify".

This debate has thrown up all sorts of "what if" scare stories.

The reality is that people who are serious about their gender identity already use the facilities reserved for that gender.

"

But but but,,,what about all those cases of trans women attacking people in the loo???

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm being serious, not flippant, serious here, repeat not flippant......So, even though I've been male all my life with no female tendencies whatsoever I can "over night" decide I want to be considered female and would have to be treated as such legally?

It would depend on what you mean by treated. There are various laws dealing with how people interact but no law requiring anyone to use any particular pronouns, for example.

There was a law proposed in Canada that would compel everyone to use everyone elses preferred pronoun ( even though there seemed to be a lot of them,just made up recently).

Not sure whether this actually became law but,one of the leading opponents,Jordan Peterson,argued that to compel any use of language is as much a violation of free speech as is forbidding it. Personally,I can't help but agree with his point of view.

It's all a matter of treating people with respect and courtesy. Mr Peterson never said that he would not call someone whatever they wanted to be called,but that he refused to be ordered to do so.

So, it doesn't seem very likely that anyone could ever force someone else to 'identify' them a certain way but,instead of forcing,they can persuade them to in many ways,including just being and appearing to be the person that they wish to be identified as. First impressions count for a lot. having a big bushy beard and a gruff voice will often give the impression that the person is a man and it's going to be very hard to shake off that impression."

I'm with Jordan on this, he said the universities should sack all biologists if they follow bill C-16 as there's now clearly no need for them.

https://life.spectator.co.uk/2017/09/jordan-peterson-and-the-transgender-wars/

Anyway I feel there's a lot of messed up young lads on here that don't understand what a TS,TG or TV (or whatever) is and that in their minds they are still straight.

Walks like a duck though hmmmm

Reply privately

By *witch4Fun24Couple
over a year ago

Leicester

Yes, we all have to start somewhere and the waiting lists for assessments and referrals to GICs are so long these days that there are likely to be several years of social transition before medical is even available even though at last check you only needed one year living as intended gender to be considered for referral.

Contrary to belief people can't just decide to change gender and get their hormones and surgery straight away unless they are very wealthy indeed and even then the waiting lists for most private surgeries is over a year too. It takes years on NHS.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What? a REAL man?

If yes, in that case it is not too far fetched to wonder whether people who believed to have been born in the wrong body is a social construction or not? "

I guess it's possible that someone may have succumbed to societal or peer pressure,or even just what they have read in the news,and convinced themselves of this.

Possible,maybe?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Females don't have cocks

Meet me next Friday night."

Where you going?

Reply privately

over a year ago

What? a REAL man?

If yes, in that case it is not too far fetched to wonder whether people who believed to have been born in the wrong body is a social construction or not?

I guess it's possible that someone may have succumbed to societal or peer pressure,or even just what they have read in the news,and convinced themselves of this.

Possible,maybe? "

If gender is a social construction, so is transgenderism.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So, it doesn't seem very likely that anyone could ever force someone else to 'identify' them a certain way but,instead of forcing,they can persuade them to in many ways,including just being and appearing to be the person that they wish to be identified as. First impressions count for a lot. having a big bushy beard and a gruff voice will often give the impression that the person is a man and it's going to be very hard to shake off that impression.

I'm with Jordan on this, he said the universities should sack all biologists if they follow bill C-16 as there's now clearly no need for them.

Anyway I feel there's a lot of messed up young lads on here that don't understand what a TS,TG or TV (or whatever) is and that in their minds they are still straight.

Walks like a duck though hmmmm "

I think it's perfectly reasonable for any country to have a law that states that everyone should treat everyone else with respect,decency and courtesy.

However,I don't really see how that extends to being forced to use words that have only just been invented and have not yet been incorporated into everyday speech.that is a s far as I'd go with agreeing with Prof Peterson on this.

However,in his 12 Rules For Life he does also advocate standing up straight with your shoulders back and tidying your room (possibly meaning just 'get organised' ),,,,try it,it really does make you feel better.

He's sometimes quite sensible and often has some good things to say,,,often but not always.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What? a REAL man?

Possible,maybe?

If gender is a social construction, so is transgenderism.

"

Quite possibly, I wouldn't know.

Reply privately

By *witch4Fun24Couple
over a year ago

Leicester

"So if a guy was in prison for life, but then realised he was actually a she, how would he go about getting into the women's prison? He couldn't start wearing dresses could she?"

He would have to see prison Dr, get referred for psych and medical assessment for GD or GII and then if outside panel and panel of prison high ups agree it is a correct diagnosis then they would be able to start transitioning. Once social transitioned for "suitable period of time" which seems to be around a year atm then process for transferal to female prison or wing starts including another load of psych assessments. Then they get transferred to that and can start hormonal transition when funds and resources allow. As far as I am aware surgical transition would have to wait until after sentence is finished unless evidence that prolonging it would be detrimental to person's health as in suicide risk as classed as non essential surgery.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think it's perfectly reasonable for any country to have a law that states that everyone should treat everyone else with respect,decency and courtesy.

However,I don't really see how that extends to being forced to use words that have only just been invented and have not yet been incorporated into everyday speech.that is a s far as I'd go with agreeing with Prof Peterson on this.

However,in his 12 Rules For Life he does also advocate standing up straight with your shoulders back and tidying your room (possibly meaning just 'get organised' ),,,,try it,it really does make you feel better.

He's sometimes quite sensible and often has some good things to say,,,often but not always.

"

awwww can I get praise from you one day x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yes, we all have to start somewhere and the waiting lists for assessments and referrals to GICs are so long these days that there are likely to be several years of social transition before medical is even available even though at last check you only needed one year living as intended gender to be considered for referral.

Contrary to belief people can't just decide to change gender and get their hormones and surgery straight away unless they are very wealthy indeed and even then the waiting lists for most private surgeries is over a year too. It takes years on NHS."

You don't have to be exactly fabulously wealthy,,,it's not THAT expensive but,you do have to go through the system. It's not just available on demand,on a whim,,,,anywhere in the world,with the possible exception of Iran.

I'd say that anyone who chooses to go to Iran for this kind of treatment has definitely shown a certain level of commitment to their cause and deserves to be taken seriously.

Reply privately

over a year ago

awwww can I get praise from you one day x "

Anything's possible,,,,however unlikely it may seem.

Reply privately

over a year ago

awwww can I get praise from you one day x

Anything's possible,,,,however unlikely it may seem. "

Ha

Reply privately

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"Y It's not just available on demand,on a whim,,,,anywhere in the world,with the possible exception of Iran."

In Iran, homosexuality is illegal.

The penalty is death.

Those found guilty - men - are given an alternative to death - gender reassignment surgery.

Your choice is execution or living the rest of your life as a woman.

It is said Iran has some of the best GRS surgeons as a result of all the practice.

As abuse of human rights go, it's up there.

Reply privately

By *lbert_shlossedMan
over a year ago

Manchester

No I think there suffering from some form of mental disorder in the main and placating them with agreement isn't doing them any favours

Reply privately

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

"Y It's not just available on demand,on a whim,,,,anywhere in the world,with the possible exception of Iran.

The penalty is death.

Those found guilty - men - are given an alternative to death - gender reassignment surgery.

It is said Iran has some of the best GRS surgeons as a result of all the practice.

As abuse of human rights go, it's up there."

That's one of the points made by those against the ideology of gender identity. The Iranian view is that if you have a penis and fancy men you must "really" be a woman because you are exhibiting a trait usually associated with women. Hence the logical erasure of Gay people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Y It's not just available on demand,on a whim,,,,anywhere in the world,with the possible exception of Iran.

The penalty is death.

As I said,you've got to respect the commitment of anyone who would willingly choose to go there for that kind of treatment.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The penalty is death.

yes but you pay attention to that rule or I would

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No I think there suffering from some form of mental disorder in the main and placating them with agreement isn't doing them any favours"

If you were qualified to diagnose who is or is not suffering from mental disorders,then I think it would be highly unprofessional and unethical for you to dispense such a blanket diagnosis on people you have not examined personally.

That's why I don't think you really are qualified to say that.

Reply privately

By *lbert_shlossedMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"No I think there suffering from some form of mental disorder in the main and placating them with agreement isn't doing them any favours

If you were qualified to diagnose who is or is not suffering from mental disorders,then I think it would be highly unprofessional and unethical for you to dispense such a blanket diagnosis on people you have not examined personally.

That's why I don't think you really are qualified to say that."

Yea well I know a guy who hears voices in his head but I'm still qualified to say he's got a mental disorder.

I mean don't get me wrong I could be bang out of order and the fifth dimension is contacting him via a yet understood means! But I'm still willing to go for slightly batty

Reply privately

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

The existential question here is as to whether the fact that some people have a penis and testicles and other people have a vagina and ovaries is a significant difference that should be reflected in the way we organise society.

If that difference is significant, then we will always have different terms for people with those different sets of genitals. Traditionally those terms were "men" and. "women". If those terms become completely divorced from what set of genitals someone has, then all that will happen is that we will get new terms to signify the difference.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The existential question here is as to whether the fact that some people have a penis and testicles and other people have a vagina and ovaries is a significant difference that should be reflected in the way we organise society.

If that difference is significant, then we will always have different terms for people with those different sets of genitals. Traditionally those terms were "men" and. "women". If those terms become completely divorced from what set of genitals someone has, then all that will happen is that we will get new terms to signify the difference. "

An interesting point. Would you care to suggest some of those new terms?

I'm not sure the differences are necessarily anything to do with organising society other than re. which changing rooms people should use at the sports hall. Even then it might seem a bit unfair (on everyone) to expect trans persons to use a changing room that does not seem to be right for their outward appearance. I'd feel slightly uneasy having a FtM trans man in the changing rooms with me,wouldn't you?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Well there appears no need for biology anymore, sex seems no longer determined via chromosomes!!

And it is certainly a forced issue with regard to words used hence people actually getting fired!!

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/gender-identity-transgender-british-doctor/2018/07/09/id/870769/

I've bred plants before and I'll still determine the sex of the plant via science and looking for the Y chromosome to confirm it, there's all different morphs that will show the plant as female or inbetween but the presence of the Y confirms it as a male.

Science hey!!

It's almost like it's now a crime to disagree with certain people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The existential question here is as to whether the fact that some people have a penis and testicles and other people have a vagina and ovaries is a significant difference that should be reflected in the way we organise society.

If that difference is significant, then we will always have different terms for people with those different sets of genitals. Traditionally those terms were "men" and. "women". If those terms become completely divorced from what set of genitals someone has, then all that will happen is that we will get new terms to signify the difference.

I'm not sure the differences are necessarily anything to do with organising society other than re. which changing rooms people should use at the sports hall. Even then it might seem a bit unfair (on everyone) to expect trans persons to use a changing room that does not seem to be right for their outward appearance. I'd feel slightly uneasy having a FtM trans man in the changing rooms with me,wouldn't you?"

I suppose we could replace 'Ladies' and 'Gents' signs on the doors with 'Those who appear Female' and 'Those who appear male' signs. I imagine that will prevent anyone getting upset or offended about the issue ever again.

Unless of course,they don't look exactly how other people expect them to.

people who don't conform to rigid stereotypes are just so awkward,aren't they?

Reply privately

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"yes but you pay attention to that rule or I would "

Or you seek asylum in a country where you will not be executed for being yourself.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well there appears no need for biology anymore, sex seems no longer determined via chromosomes!!

And it is certainly a forced issue with regard to words used hence people actually getting fired!!

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/gender-identity-transgender-british-doctor/2018/07/09/id/870769/

I've bred plants before and I'll still determine the sex of the plant via science and looking for the Y chromosome to confirm it, there's all different morphs that will show the plant as female or inbetween but the presence of the Y confirms it as a male.

Science hey!!

It's almost like it's now a crime to disagree with certain people."

People don't tend to wear their chromosomes openly,though. Or to submit to having invasive tests done on them.

You can assume to know the chromosomes of other people if you like but,occasionally you're bound to be mistaken.

Reply privately

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

What about trans men? Would guys object if a woman who identifies as male used their toilets?

It’s about time we just had unisex toilets. Some places have cubicles with a wash hand basin in them so there’s no need to stand beside anyone at the sinks.

Reply privately

By *witch4Fun24Couple
over a year ago

Leicester

"Yes, we all have to start somewhere and the waiting lists for assessments and referrals to GICs are so long these days that there are likely to be several years of social transition before medical is even available even though at last check you only needed one year living as intended gender to be considered for referral.

Contrary to belief people can't just decide to change gender and get their hormones and surgery straight away unless they are very wealthy indeed and even then the waiting lists for most private surgeries is over a year too. It takes years on NHS.

You don't have to be exactly fabulously wealthy,,,it's not THAT expensive but,you do have to go through the system. It's not just available on demand,on a whim,,,,anywhere in the world,with the possible exception of Iran.

I'd say that anyone who chooses to go to Iran for this kind of treatment has definitely shown a certain level of commitment to their cause and deserves to be taken seriously."

Ok, wealthier than some and especially me :D Let's take D.I. chest surgery atm; Initial appointment around £500, second appointment for presurgical assessment £300-£750, surgery £4500-£6500 depending on how big you are starting with and then potential revision costs £750-£1500 depending on which surgeon you have. Some will do any revisions for free as a dodgy result affects on their practice. Still a little more than the average person has laying around the house that is not including travel and hotel stays. And many expect you to pay in cash on day of appointment if not before. No cards or credit cards :/

Reply privately

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"

I suppose we could replace 'Ladies' and 'Gents' signs on the doors with 'Those who appear Female' and 'Those who appear male' signs. I imagine that will prevent anyone getting upset or offended about the issue ever again."

We think of practices in the UK and assume the rest of the world is like that. It is not.

In some countries, facilities used by the public are shared spaces - there is no segregation.

I've been in some foreign-themed licensed premises in the UK where males and females share the same toilet space. i.e. a bit of foreign culture is displacing our own.

Perhaps the closest our culture comes to it is unisex facilities adapted for use by the disabled.

Reply privately

By *witch4Fun24Couple
over a year ago

Leicester

"What about trans men? Would guys object if a woman who identifies as male used their toilets?

It’s about time we just had unisex toilets. Some places have cubicles with a wash hand basin in them so there’s no need to stand beside anyone at the sinks.

"

wholeheartedly agree about unisex loos, that is why a lot of tans people use the disabled loos as less intolerance.

Most blokes just do a double take if they walk in and see someone they perceive as female using the loos, in a few cases I've had the guy walk slowly backwards to the door, check the picture on it and then creep back in. Always funny when that happens. Never experienced any hatred for it but I've been damn lucky that most guys are just in there to piss and go and don't fancy any drama. In my experience it is the women who are far more vocal about who should and shouldn't be in their loos and are far more likely to shout abuse at you under the cubicle door whilst you are trying to pee in peace on the rare occasions I have to go in women's because I don't class myself as particularly passing that day, the disabled is occupied and I am in serious risk of an accident.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Does anyone really care who is using the cubicle next to them while answering a call of nature? Personally I usually just wish they would go and use the hand dryer to spare me any embarrassment.

Reply privately

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

I'm not sure the differences are necessarily anything to do with organising society other than re. which changing rooms people should use at the sports hall. Even then it might seem a bit unfair (on everyone) to expect trans persons to use a changing room that does not seem to be right for their outward appearance. I'd feel slightly uneasy having a FtM trans man in the changing rooms with me,wouldn't you?"

It doesn't really matter what the terms are. We are able to reproduce because of those genital differences so they will always be socially significant and thus always have terms to indicate that difference.

I don't think there's any real issue with people who have fully transitioned or in the process of transitioning using toilets etc appropriate to their new gender. The problem is with people who have no intention of transitioning but insist they are as much a woman as someone with a vagina.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Science hey!!

It's almost like it's now a crime to disagree with certain people.

People don't tend to wear their chromosomes openly,though. Or to submit to having invasive tests done on them.

You can assume to know the chromosomes of other people if you like but,occasionally you're bound to be mistaken."

Yes I've been to Thailand. Still a pretty boy is still just that a pretty boy.

Reply privately

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

"What about trans men? Would guys object if a woman who identifies as male used their toilets?

wholeheartedly agree about unisex loos, that is why a lot of tans people use the disabled loos as less intolerance.

Most blokes just do a double take if they walk in and see someone they perceive as female using the loos, in a few cases I've had the guy walk slowly backwards to the door, check the picture on it and then creep back in. Always funny when that happens. Never experienced any hatred for it but I've been damn lucky that most guys are just in there to piss and go and don't fancy any drama. In my experience it is the women who are far more vocal about who should and shouldn't be in their loos and are far more likely to shout abuse at you under the cubicle door whilst you are trying to pee in peace on the rare occasions I have to go in women's because I don't class myself as particularly passing that day, the disabled is occupied and I am in serious risk of an accident."

The problem is that there are men who will enter female spaces in order to perv at and even assault women. There are virtually no women who do the same in male spaces.

Of course, the vast majority of men don't behave like that, but then the vast majority of men don't commit that r crime we can't mention yet women are still given advice on how to avoid it .

Hence women are acutely conscious as the possible nefarious motives of a man in a female space and hence their vocal objections.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not sure the differences are necessarily anything to do with organising society other than re. which changing rooms people should use at the sports hall. Even then it might seem a bit unfair (on everyone) to expect trans persons to use a changing room that does not seem to be right for their outward appearance. I'd feel slightly uneasy having a FtM trans man in the changing rooms with me,wouldn't you?

It doesn't really matter what the terms are. We are able to reproduce because of those genital differences so they will always be socially significant and thus always have terms to indicate that difference.

I don't think there's any real issue with people who have fully transitioned or in the process of transitioning using toilets etc appropriate to their new gender. The problem is with people who have no intention of transitioning but insist they are as much a woman as someone with a vagina. "

I wonder about those for whom it is all just a bit of a dressing up game,though.

If a guy has put in a bit of effort, how would anyone know what their intentions are re. taking their transition further,if at all?

To go back to the whole 'lavatory debate', such a person is possibly going to cause more controversy by using the gents loo than by using the ladies.

What about a 'female bodied from birth' woman who just happens to seem a bit more butch than some others,maybe has a liking for crew cut,tattoos and big gold rings,,,,should she be forced to use the gents just because she does not fit in with some stereotypical view?

It seems to me that some people worry too much about who else is using the loo. By all means there should be accepted codes of practice for what we all get up to while we are in there (no peeking,flush the loo,close the lid and wash your hands,for example)....but what does it really matter who is behind the next closed door?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Does anyone really care who is using the cubicle next to them while answering a call of nature? Personally I usually just wish they would go and use the hand dryer to spare me any embarrassment.

"

You’re speaking from a woman’s view point. The gents toilets may have one or two cubicles, the rest are urinals lined up along the wall with no privacy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Most blokes just do a double take if they walk in and see someone they perceive as female using the loos, in a few cases I've had the guy walk slowly backwards to the door, check the picture on it and then creep back in. Always funny when that happens. Never experienced any hatred for it but I've been damn lucky that most guys are just in there to piss and go and don't fancy any drama. In my experience it is the women who are far more vocal about who should and shouldn't be in their loos and are far more likely to shout abuse at you under the cubicle door whilst you are trying to pee in peace on the rare occasions I have to go in women's because I don't class myself as particularly passing that day, the disabled is occupied and I am in serious risk of an accident.

The problem is that there are men who will enter female spaces in order to perv at and even assault women. There are virtually no women who do the same in male spaces.

Of course, the vast majority of men don't behave like that, but then the vast majority of men don't commit that r crime we can't mention yet women are still given advice on how to avoid it .

Hence women are acutely conscious as the possible nefarious motives of a man in a female space and hence their vocal objections. "

I think that people who are going to commit crimes are going to do it anyway,regardless of what rules are put in place. Most people are probably doing whatever they are doing,quite innocently and with no ill intent.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Does anyone really care who is using the cubicle next to them while answering a call of nature? Personally I usually just wish they would go and use the hand dryer to spare me any embarrassment.

"

I don't want to be sitting next to a man who is having a huge, smelly dump

Reply privately

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

Hence women are acutely conscious as the possible nefarious motives of a man in a female space and hence their vocal objections.

I think that people who are going to commit crimes are going to do it anyway,regardless of what rules are put in place. Most people are probably doing whatever they are doing,quite innocently and with no ill intent."

With all due respect, that's a bit of an illogical argument. Taken to its logical conclusion it would mean it would be pointless to have any laws at all, if people are going to commit crimes regardless of what rules are in place.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You’re speaking from a woman’s view point. The gents toilets may have one or two cubicles, the rest are urinals lined up along the wall with no privacy."

Well,if we are re designing loos,maybe that is something that needs changing.

Wouldn't people be more reasonably worried about their young sons going into a room where men may have their cocks out,than worrying about a trans woman going into a cubicle and trying her damnedest not to let anyone see hers?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't want to be sitting next to a man who is having a huge, smelly dump "

not without a courtesy flush

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think that people who are going to commit crimes are going to do it anyway,regardless of what rules are put in place. Most people are probably doing whatever they are doing,quite innocently and with no ill intent.

With all due respect, that's a bit of an illogical argument. Taken to its logical conclusion it would mean it would be pointless to have any laws at all, if people are going to commit crimes regardless of what rules are in place. "

I just meant that there certainly should be rules governing what we do,rather than where we are.

Reply privately

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

I don't think there's any real issue with people who have fully transitioned or in the process of transitioning using toilets etc appropriate to their new gender. The problem is with people who have no intention of transitioning but insist they are as much a woman as someone with a vagina.

I wonder about those for whom it is all just a bit of a dressing up game,though.

If a guy has put in a bit of effort, how would anyone know what their intentions are re. taking their transition further,if at all?

To go back to the whole 'lavatory debate', such a person is possibly going to cause more controversy by using the gents loo than by using the ladies.

What about a 'female bodied from birth' woman who just happens to seem a bit more butch than some others,maybe has a liking for crew cut,tattoos and big gold rings,,,,should she be forced to use the gents just because she does not fit in with some stereotypical view?

It seems to me that some people worry too much about who else is using the loo. By all means there should be accepted codes of practice for what we all get up to while we are in there (no peeking,flush the loo,close the lid and wash your hands,for example)....but what does it really matter who is behind the next closed door?"

It bothers the vast majority of women and I think that's something we have to take into account.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't want to be sitting next to a man who is having a huge, smelly dump "

Have you not learned to hold your breath for the duration? It's a useful skill.

Reply privately

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

With all due respect, that's a bit of an illogical argument. Taken to its logical conclusion it would mean it would be pointless to have any laws at all, if people are going to commit crimes regardless of what rules are in place.

I just meant that there certainly should be rules governing what we do,rather than where we are.

"

It would much easier if a man who does want to perv can wander into a ladies toilet and not be challenged because it's entirely possible he identifies as a woman.

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"

I care. I care very much.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It seems to me that some people worry too much about who else is using the loo. By all means there should be accepted codes of practice for what we all get up to while we are in there (no peeking,flush the loo,close the lid and wash your hands,for example)....but what does it really matter who is behind the next closed door?

It bothers the vast majority of women and I think that's something we have to take into account. "

Does it really? I quite often see a 'male cleaner in attendance' sign,often in Motorway Service Areas loos. I've never seen anyone take any notice whatsoever.Even if there is a guy in there.

I would presume because most people assume he is not up to anything naughty. It's more relevant what people do in the loo than which loo they are in,isn't it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I care. I care very much. "

Why? And to answer the previous post,surely if a guy wants to get up to no good,he would want to draw as little attention to himself as possible.This is not going to be achieved by walking through town wearing a dress. He could,I supoose,go into the cubicle,get changed and then do his spying but then,,,what would be the point of the dress?

Reply privately

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

It bothers the vast majority of women and I think that's something we have to take into account.

Does it really? I quite often see a 'male cleaner in attendance' sign,often in Motorway Service Areas loos. I've never seen anyone take any notice whatsoever.Even if there is a guy in there.

I would presume because most people assume he is not up to anything naughty. It's more relevant what people do in the loo than which loo they are in,isn't it?"

Every woman I have ever asked has said it would bother them a great deal if random men could wander into their toilets.

The cleaner situation is obviously different. You are warned, so if it does bother you you don't go in, and the fact that the guy is a cleaner and would be sacked if he misbehaved gives some protection.

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

Why? And to answer the previous post,surely if a guy wants to get up to no good,he would want to draw as little attention to himself as possible.This is not going to be achieved by walking through town wearing a dress. He could,I supoose,go into the cubicle,get changed and then do his spying but then,,,what would be the point of the dress?"

We’re being forced into a culture of accepting differences to appease a few. I don’t want to share toilet, changing room or any other area of that type with men.

What about young girls being alone in toilets with men? No I’m not comfortable with that. Not everyone in the world has good intentions.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I would presume because most people assume he is not up to anything naughty. It's more relevant what people do in the loo than which loo they are in,isn't it?

Every woman I have ever asked has said it would bother them a great deal if random men could wander into their toilets.

The cleaner situation is obviously different. You are warned, so if it does bother you you don't go in, and the fact that the guy is a cleaner and would be sacked if he misbehaved gives some protection. "

Anyone could get one of those signs and a mop and pretend to be the cleaner. Just as a any guy could go and buy a dress just so he could go into the ladies for a sneaky peek,,,,I just can't help wondering why they would bother going to such lengths of subterfuge.

It seems to me that some people are worrying about something that is extremely unlikely to happen. (of course,if it did happen,there are already laws in place to deal with such offenders).

It's pervs people should be on the lookout for,,,not innocent tvs.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I care. I care very much. "

Me too.

This is not only about personal threat even though men's violence against women is a problem, and not a small one. I don't want to have to make sure I'm not in my own wherever I go, even the toilet.

It's also about men assuming the right to be in women's spaces, whether that be toilets, prisons, refuges, sports. And it's also about making women a subset. Women have fought long and hard to be equally treated, and there's still a long way to go.

All the demand to share women's spaces with men, with the insistence that women can no longer call themselves that, but must be 'cis' demeans and prevents equality.

You can call yourself whatever you want. But don't take away my right to call myself a woman.

Maybe the answer is for men to be taught to respect women and for women to stop being taught to be subservient to men. And maybe carry a taser.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Me too.

This is not only about personal threat even though men's violence against women is a problem, and not a small one. I don't want to have to make sure I'm not in my own wherever I go, even the toilet.

It's also about men assuming the right to be in women's spaces, whether that be toilets, prisons, refuges, sports. And it's also about making women a subset. Women have fought long and hard to be equally treated, and there's still a long way to go.

All the demand to share women's spaces with men, with the insistence that women can no longer call themselves that, but must be 'cis' demeans and prevents equality.

You can call yourself whatever you want. But don't take away my right to call myself a woman.

Maybe the answer is for men to be taught to respect women and for women to stop being taught to be subservient to men. And maybe carry a taser."

How does a trans person going to the loo take away our right ta call ourselves women?

Does it not make us a subset to assume that we are the ones who need protecting?

In many places I go for my work,I have to ask for a key to the ladies.This is probably with the best of intentions,to protect me but I never asked to be protected.It really makes me feel like a 5 year old child asking for permission. Is that furthering the cause of equality/ I don't feel it is.

I concede that I would hate to use the loo if guys had been in there,making the sort of mess that some do,,,but surely it's the behaviour that needs to be addressed rather than the presence.Locking them out locks us all out.

if people are misbehaving in the loo,whether that is by peeking at people or by making a mess then that needs to be stamped out but I think that can only be done by education.To actually police it could only be achieved by more surveillance and I don't think anyone would want that.

we could I suppose have cameras and security guards checking IDs,frisking people and doing 'chromosome' tests,,,,more sensible and practical,I think to have doors and walls that reach to the floor and ceiling and someone to regularly check that the locks are intact thus ensuring everyones privacy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Me too.

Maybe the answer is for men to be taught to respect women and for women to stop being taught to be subservient to men. And maybe carry a taser.

How does a trans person going to the loo take away our right ta call ourselves women?

Does it not make us a subset to assume that we are the ones who need protecting?

In many places I go for my work,I have to ask for a key to the ladies.This is probably with the best of intentions,to protect me but I never asked to be protected.It really makes me feel like a 5 year old child asking for permission. Is that furthering the cause of equality/ I don't feel it is.

I concede that I would hate to use the loo if guys had been in there,making the sort of mess that some do,,,but surely it's the behaviour that needs to be addressed rather than the presence.Locking them out locks us all out.

if people are misbehaving in the loo,whether that is by peeking at people or by making a mess then that needs to be stamped out but I think that can only be done by education.To actually police it could only be achieved by more surveillance and I don't think anyone would want that.

we could I suppose have cameras and security guards checking IDs,frisking people and doing 'chromosome' tests,,,,more sensible and practical,I think to have doors and walls that reach to the floor and ceiling and someone to regularly check that the locks are intact thus ensuring everyones privacy."

When I said about the mess,I wa referring to the unisex loos that I sometimes have to use,,,I'm assuming that it's guys who leave them in that state. A bit sexist of me,I suppose but statistically I think I'm right.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No they're a man or tv and therefore should use men's toilets if in a place where children will be using those toilets! For instance I wouldn't be happy if someone walked into a woman's toilets whilst my daughter (a female child) was and got their dick out to pee........ there needs to be a line for these kind of scenarios!

But if you're in a club where over 18's then it's completely different, I don't care who I share a toilet with but I do care who shares a toilet with my daughter

Reply privately

over a year ago

No they're a man or tv and therefore should use men's toilets if in a place where children will be using those toilets! For instance I wouldn't be happy if someone walked into a woman's toilets whilst my daughter (a female child) was and got their dick out to pee........ there needs to be a line for these kind of scenarios!

But if you're in a club where over 18's then it's completely different, I don't care who I share a toilet with but I do care who shares a toilet with my daughter "

Would you be OK to have a TV go into the same loo as young boys? there are more likely to be dicks out in there than in the ladies,aren't there?

I'm quite sure that TVs ususally prefer to keep their dicks well hidden.

Reply privately

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"

We’re being forced into a culture of accepting differences to appease a few. I don’t want to share toilet, changing room or any other area of that type with men.

What about young girls being alone in toilets with men? No I’m not comfortable with that. Not everyone in the world has good intentions. "

I'd say with a high level of confidence that every single person on this thread - male or female - has shared public facilities at some point with someone who is female-to-male or male-to-female.

The use of facilities appropriate to the acquired gender has been happening for a long time. It is not new.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm sorry I wanted to go into great detail about this particular question but having read the submissions and put many minutes thought into it my answer can only be ' no ' I don't if you're born as a man you're a man and visa versa, if your influences in life influence you to be otherwise and the need to be one or the other and that's the only way that you can live your life happy then so be it but you are the sex you were born as man or woman, so going in lavatories that don't match up with your gender is going to cause eyebrows to be raised

Reply privately

over a year ago

But if you're in a club where over 18's then it's completely different, I don't care who I share a toilet with but I do care who shares a toilet with my daughter

Would you be OK to have a TV go into the same loo as young boys? there are more likely to be dicks out in there than in the ladies,aren't there?

I'm quite sure that TVs ususally prefer to keep their dicks well hidden."

Go into the same toilet that's fits your equipment .........

a TV in a men's toilet with boys that have the same anatomy is perfectly fine

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm sorry I wanted to go into great detail about this particular question but having read the submissions and put many minutes thought into it my answer can only be ' no ' I don't if you're born as a man you're a man and visa versa, if your influences in life influence you to be otherwise and the need to be one or the other and that's the only way that you can live your life happy then so be it but you are the sex you were born as man or woman, so going in lavatories that don't match up with your gender is going to cause eyebrows to be raised "

You’re going to get the “sex if different to gender” brigade on you now. I agree with you btw.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm sorry I wanted to go into great detail about this particular question but having read the submissions and put many minutes thought into it my answer can only be ' no ' I don't if you're born as a man you're a man and visa versa, if your influences in life influence you to be otherwise and the need to be one or the other and that's the only way that you can live your life happy then so be it but you are the sex you were born as man or woman, so going in lavatories that don't match up with your gender is going to cause eyebrows to be raised

You’re going to get the “sex if different to gender” brigade on you now. I agree with you btw. "

Hey its life it's only us humans that bugger it all up, it's a simple equation, although the one thing that does change my view is being hermaphrodite which if I'm correct is pretty rare and in that case they choose a life to live a quite difficult path one imagines

Reply privately

By *hloe sussexTV/TS
over a year ago

Larne

I don’t take any hormones I have to much female estogen then most men hence my voice and body boobs etc so totally non hormone free so yes I feel I was meant to be a woman

Reply privately

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"Iyou are the sex you were born as man or woman, so going in lavatories that don't match up with your gender is going to cause eyebrows to be raised "

Even more eyebrows would be raised if you found someone like Kenny Jones in the ladies loos, or Andrea Pejic or Miss Spain in the gents.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm sorry I wanted to go into great detail about this particular question but having read the submissions and put many minutes thought into it my answer can only be ' no ' I don't if you're born as a man you're a man and visa versa, if your influences in life influence you to be otherwise and the need to be one or the other and that's the only way that you can live your life happy then so be it but you are the sex you were born as man or woman, so going in lavatories that don't match up with your gender is going to cause eyebrows to be raised "

You've put a lot of thought into that?

You do surprise me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

What about young girls being alone in toilets with men? No I’m not comfortable with that. Not everyone in the world has good intentions.

I'd say with a high level of confidence that every single person on this thread - male or female - has shared public facilities at some point with someone who is female-to-male or male-to-female.

The use of facilities appropriate to the acquired gender has been happening for a long time. It is not new."

And have there been many cases of people being attacked in the loo? Or none?

Reply privately

over a year ago

A good, common sense answer

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm sorry I wanted to go into great detail about this particular question but having read the submissions and put many minutes thought into it my answer can only be ' no ' I don't if you're born as a man you're a man and visa versa, if your influences in life influence you to be otherwise and the need to be one or the other and that's the only way that you can live your life happy then so be it but you are the sex you were born as man or woman, so going in lavatories that don't match up with your gender is going to cause eyebrows to be raised

A good, common sense answer"

thankyou how are your breasts coming on?

Reply privately

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"

And have there been many cases of people being attacked in the loo? Or none?"

I've never heard of any cases.

Reply privately

over a year ago

A good, common sense answerthankyou how are your breasts coming on?

"

Very tender, bitty sore, but getting every day....

I think we Trans ought to respect the wishes of the majority in this issue....

Reply privately

over a year ago

A good, common sense answerthankyou how are your breasts coming on?

Very tender, bitty sore, but getting every day....

I think we Trans ought to respect the wishes of the majority in this issue...."

It's just an opinion we all have them it's not meant to ever cause WW7 but it does sometimes

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

The use of facilities appropriate to the acquired gender has been happening for a long time. It is not new."

Then why does anything have to change?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

The use of facilities appropriate to the acquired gender has been happening for a long time. It is not new.

Then why does anything have to change?"

evolution and it's process

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Then why does anything have to change?evolution and it's process "

That's not really an answer

Reply privately

By *amanthajonestsTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

"No I think there suffering from some form of mental disorder in the main and placating them with agreement isn't doing them any favours"

Given the level of utter ignorance in this thread, I'm not surprised at your comment. Transsexualism is not classified as a mental disorder. The World Health Organisation declassified it in exactly the same way as it did for homosexuality. There's also a worldwide medical protocol for treatment. On a separate note, transitioning takes more balls than the majority of men on here could muster. Ironically enough.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Then why does anything have to change?evolution and it's process

That's not really an answer "

humans evolve and this is a prime example, we also love change and power and opinion and fairness and open mindedness and equality

Reply privately

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

Just so we are absolutely clear on this, is anyone supporting the position that to be a woman all one has to do is to is to identify as a woman and that nothing else is required?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just so we are absolutely clear on this, is anyone supporting the position that to be a woman all one has to do is to is to identify as a woman and that nothing else is required? "
No we all have varied opinions on it

Reply privately

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

"Just so we are absolutely clear on this, is anyone supporting the position that to be a woman all one has to do is to is to identify as a woman and that nothing else is required? No we all have varied opinions on it "

So there should be some sort of objective test?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

That's not really an answer humans evolve and this is a prime example, we also love change and power and opinion and fairness and open mindedness and equality "

Power being the key word.

Reply privately

By *amanthajonestsTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

That's not really an answer humans evolve and this is a prime example, we also love change and power and opinion and fairness and open mindedness and equality

Power being the key word."

Equality being the key word x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

That's not really an answer humans evolve and this is a prime example, we also love change and power and opinion and fairness and open mindedness and equality

Power being the key word."

the power to make people think they're not allowing freedom of expression and yet we as a race are clamping down on freedom in a big way

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nah. men having power over women. Again.

Reply privately

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

"Nah. men having power over women. Again."

Indeed the bizarre situation of young people with penises believing they can speak for women. Lily (previously Liam) Madigan, aged 19, and in possession of fully functioning male genitalia is women's officer in my local Labour Party.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No I think there suffering from some form of mental disorder in the main and placating them with agreement isn't doing them any favours

Given the level of utter ignorance in this thread, I'm not surprised at your comment. Transsexualism is not classified as a mental disorder. The World Health Organisation declassified it in exactly the same way as it did for homosexuality. There's also a worldwide medical protocol for treatment. On a separate note, transitioning takes more balls than the majority of men on here could muster. Ironically enough.

"

Folk on here are not ignorant, the gender psychologist I meet told me that the majority of Trans she meets are refused said World wide protocol on the grounds they have mental health issues which need to be dealt with before any progress can be made...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just so we are absolutely clear on this, is anyone supporting the position that to be a woman all one has to do is to is to identify as a woman and that nothing else is required? "

That’s certainly how some people view it. “I say I am a woman so therefore I am”. Utter nonsense.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Nah. men having power over women. Again."
No way have men got power over women especially here

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

These threads do get tiresome. Who are we to tell others how they should live their lives. People should spend more time concentrating on their own the world would be a better place

Reply privately

over a year ago

"These threads do get tiresome. Who are we to tell others how they should live their lives. People should spend more time concentrating on their own the world would be a better place"

Other threads are available.

Reply privately

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

"These threads do get tiresome. Who are we to tell others how they should live their lives. People should spend more time concentrating on their own the world would be a better place"

No one is telling anyone how they should live their lives. We're discussing an abstract issue.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"These threads do get tiresome. Who are we to tell others how they should live their lives. People should spend more time concentrating on their own the world would be a better place

No one is telling anyone how they should live their lives. We're discussing an abstract issue. "

same tbreads different day

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Nah. men having power over women. Again.No way have men got power over women especially here "

You're a man. Of course you won't see it.

I don't see trans women fighting for the right to be paid less, fighting to be discriminated against in education, to be objectified and abused.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"These threads do get tiresome. Who are we to tell others how they should live their lives. People should spend more time concentrating on their own the world would be a better place

No one is telling anyone how they should live their lives. We're discussing an abstract issue. same tbreads different day"

More like same sh!t different day

If you've got a cock get in the men's loo and if you got a vag then go in the women's

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

No one is telling anyone how they should live their lives. We're discussing an abstract issue. "

and what about the trans people that have to constantly see these same threads day in day out

Reply privately

over a year ago

And some people really should stop telling other people what they can and can’t do in an open forum

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Nah. men having power over women. Again.No way have men got power over women especially here

You're a man. Of course you won't see it.

I don't see trans women fighting for the right to be paid less, fighting to be discriminated against in education, to be objectified and abused. "

id hate to be you

Reply privately

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

No , of course I don’t , as it would allow any Tom Dick or Harry to do so and that would just be silly .

Reply privately

over a year ago

No it's stupid. If I identify myself as an attack helicopter will you treat me like one? Use correct pronouns etc?

Reply privately

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

I wasn’t going to get drawn in to another one of these but fuck it. To answer the specific question. No, a man does not become a woman just because he says so. He can call himself what he likes but the fact remains he is a man calling himself a woman."

.... eexactly

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No it's stupid. If I identify myself as an attack helicopter will you treat me like one? Use correct pronouns etc?"

Wouldn’t bother me, I’m a surface to air missile launcher, I’d blow you out of the sky

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No it's stupid. If I identify myself as an attack helicopter will you treat me like one? Use correct pronouns etc?

Wouldn’t bother me, I’m a surface to air missile launcher, I’d blow you out of the sky "

How do I address you mr/mrs/it air missle launcher?

Reply privately

over a year ago

If I said I'm a gynaecologist, would it then give me the right to spread every woman's legs and give them an internal ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Too late, I’ve blown you up, soz

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If I said I'm a gynaecologist, would it then give me the right to spread every woman's legs and give them an internal ? "

They don't have the right to spread every womans legs, you know that right?

Reply privately

over a year ago

No. The sex categorisation is male. The gender classification may be different though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm being serious, not flippant, serious here, repeat not flippant......So, even though I've been male all my life with no female tendencies whatsoever I can "over night" decide I want to be considered female and would have to be treated as such legally? "

No

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Females don't have cocks

Lol of course they do! Trans females don't have to have it cut off! They can still fuck like men, they're just women with big hard cocks full of spunk! and tits to if you're lucky! "

Opinion only here: A transwoman pre op is exactly that, a transwoman post op is a woman and can acquire that status legally, a transwoman who doesn't want to get rid of the cock is in no mans land, excuse the pun, and definitely not a woman.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No one is telling anyone how they should live their lives. We're discussing an abstract issue. same tbreads different day

If you've got a cock get in the men's loo and if you got a vag then go in the women's

"

Who is going to check that people are using the correct bathroom? And how are they going to check?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Science hey!!

It's almost like it's now a crime to disagree with certain people."

We are not categorised by our chromosomes, but our outward appearance at birth. Perhaps one day we will be

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

That's not really an answer humans evolve and this is a prime example, we also love change and power and opinion and fairness and open mindedness and equality "

Most adults are creatures of habit and do not like change.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No one is telling anyone how they should live their lives. We're discussing an abstract issue. and what about the trans people that have to constantly see these same threads day in day out"

I like to read their views.

Reply privately

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"Just so we are absolutely clear on this, is anyone supporting the position that to be a woman all one has to do is to is to identify as a woman and that nothing else is required? No we all have varied opinions on it

So there should be some sort of objective test? "

There is - pass the test and you receive a gender recognition certificate.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No one is telling anyone how they should live their lives. We're discussing an abstract issue. same tbreads different day

Who is going to check that people are using the correct bathroom? And how are they going to check?"

No one should need to check we should use the correct toilet! I will happily share a toilet with a tv in a club but my daughter isn't sharing same toilets as a tv in a supermarket for instance!!

It's all about time and place

Reply privately

over a year ago

salisbury

No one is telling anyone how they should live their lives. We're discussing an abstract issue. and what about the trans people that have to constantly see these same threads day in day out

I like to read their views."

Exactly, it's important to challenge the popular opinion that transwomen are just men that got carried away with wearing lingerie, wondering what it was like to get fucked like a woman. Or had watched so much lesbian porn that they wanted to have a go themselves.

Reply privately

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

No one is telling anyone how they should live their lives. We're discussing an abstract issue. and what about the trans people that have to constantly see these same threads day in day out"

Its part of living in a democracy that people have the right to discuss important issues in a rational and civilized fashion. If people don't want to take part in said discussions, they don't have to.

No one is saying that people are not entitled to present how they like and identify however they like. As I say we are discussing abstract issues of meaning.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who is going to check that people are using the correct bathroom? And how are they going to check?

No one should need to check we should use the correct toilet! I will happily share a toilet with a tv in a club but my daughter isn't sharing same toilets as a tv in a supermarket for instance!!

It's all about time and place "

Well,,it isn't necessarily going to be obvious to the outside observer.

We could have some kind of Loo Eligibility Certificate,that would negate the need for intrusive checks on the door (remember how popular the idea of identity cards was) or,,,,there could just be a law that says something like 'use whichever loo you think is best but,behave yourself while you're in there'. that's more or less what the law currently states and it seems to be working.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No one is telling anyone how they should live their lives. We're discussing an abstract issue. and what about the trans people that have to constantly see these same threads day in day out

Exactly, it's important to challenge the popular opinion that transwomen are just men that got carried away with wearing lingerie, wondering what it was like to get fucked like a woman. Or had watched so much lesbian porn that they wanted to have a go themselves. "

Is that a popular opinion? It's certainly a new one on me.

Reply privately

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

Why is the emphasis on men becoming women? For a balance we should remember that women do become men.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why is the emphasis on men becoming women? For a balance we should remember that women do become men. "

it has been mentioned in this very thread.

Of course,the thread was not originally about what loo anyone should use but someone sidetracked it (typical huh?).

But it was pointed out that maybe those who were so concerned about trans persons going to the loo, could give their views about pre surgery FtM people and whether it would be appropriate to make them use the ladies.

Again,though,I would ask,,,how would anyone know? What goes on behind a closed door is nobody's business.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Exactly, it's important to challenge the popular opinion that transwomen are just men that got carried away with wearing lingerie, wondering what it was like to get fucked like a woman. Or had watched so much lesbian porn that they wanted to have a go themselves. "

You mean your opinion?

Reply privately

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

"Why is the emphasis on men becoming women? For a balance we should remember that women do become men.

Of course,the thread was not originally about what loo anyone should use but someone sidetracked it (typical huh?).

But it was pointed out that maybe those who were so concerned about trans persons going to the loo, could give their views about pre surgery FtM people and whether it would be appropriate to make them use the ladies.

Again,though,I would ask,,,how would anyone know? What goes on behind a closed door is nobody's business."

Men don't generally give a fuck if people with vaginas turn up in their loos because men very rarely feel threatened by women.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why is the emphasis on men becoming women? For a balance we should remember that women do become men.

Again,though,I would ask,,,how would anyone know? What goes on behind a closed door is nobody's business."

Different to BB side tracking the previous thread about sports

Reply privately

over a year ago

Girls will be boys and boys will be girls

It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world...

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/07/18 18:14:33]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Finished? "

Now?