Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Confidence

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

A question to anyone willing to read and hopefully answer, also me opening up a little bit. So I and I’m sure some other people out there, struggle with confidence, especially when it comes to new people. so are there any tips and or tricks to help improve confidence?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

Maybe try going to organised group socials?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Meet for socials. The more people you meet and talk with the more confidence you will gain, trust me I know I was and am still less confident than I want to be. A social drink first with no pressure really helps, if they then want to meet a second time you know they liked you and then you have less to worry about. I also find the more I get to know someone the better I am, take your time chatting before that first meet. I know some people just want a quick meet and maybe that's not for you till you've gained a bit of their trust. Good luck xx

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I don't lack confidence, but I do go out of my comfort zone by doing a Nike: just do it! It may not be easy, but it's that simple.

over a year ago

"I don't lack confidence, but I do go out of my comfort zone by doing a Nike: just do it! It may not be easy, but it's that simple.

"

Exactly this, every time I go slightly outside my confidence zone, my actual confidence grows tenfold. It’s served me well over the years and I’m hapoy and confident these days, it wasn’t always like this though. I know it’s easy to say OP but it does work. Good luck xx

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

"I don't lack confidence, but I do go out of my comfort zone by doing a Nike: just do it! It may not be easy, but it's that simple.

"

I love being out of my comfort zone. Make life more interesting.

over a year ago

With you, OP, unfortunately it seems to be one of those have or have nots and the haves do seem to think you've just got to "go out of your comfort zone".

Good luck, my friend, feel for you.

over a year ago

If you fake confidence you eventually gain confidence

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

You are young. My confidence only came with age.

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

[Removed by poster at 14/07/18 08:14:11]

over a year ago

"

Like doing it anyway even if it's scary? Love it.

over a year ago

Stop worrying about what others think, it really doesn't matter. Don't be afraid to be yourself and express your opinions, we are generally our own worst critics. And if someone else chooses to knock you or be cruel, remember that's about their own issues.

over a year ago

I know that's more general than in terms of fab meets, but confidence tends to be an overall thing.

When you meet a fabber, they are most likely nervous too.

over a year ago

"Meet for socials. The more people you meet and talk with the more confidence you will gain,"

That tends not to work for me. I'm a lot better off one on one than I am in a group.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thanks everyone, thought it would be something like that.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Imagine them naked

over a year ago

"Maybe try going to organised group socials?"
If your not confident surely that's worst place to go, the people that know each other would just ignore him, I'm confident and I felt like an outsider when I first went

Post new Message to Thread