Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Not here to make friends?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Some people say they're not here to make friends. Just here for the sex.

Some seem quite shocked at the thought of making friends with anyone on the site.

Why? What is so terrible about people you meet on a sex site? Are they only good enough to fuck but not be seen with in public?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Gawd yeah, imagine being seen out with the kind of filthy pervert who frequents this site.

I think people are tying to say they're not looking for clingers.

over a year ago

When i first joined i wanted sex nothing else but actually enjoy the forums more and slowly building up friendships with people of both sexes. Sometimes it just nice to have a chat about your day.

By *etLikeMan
over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

I’ve made some lovely friends through meets. I’ve been out in town and had meals with couples. It was admittedly a little tricky to explain how we met when a wife and her daughter stayed over with me while in the area.

I’ve lost touch with quite a few. That’s more down to distance than anything else though.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I like to think I've made some good friends on here . I think if you don't use the forums then I guess you're not likely to make friends . But I enjoy that the most now . I hope I've made some friends ( or I'm being lied to lol )

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Some people say they're not here to make friends. Just here for the sex.

Some seem quite shocked at the thought of making friends with anyone on the site.

Why? What is so terrible about people you meet on a sex site? Are they only good enough to fuck but not be seen with in public? "

I have made good friends on this site, but I am not seeking friends here - why would a need to casual sex mean I had anything else in common with someone?

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"I like to think I've made some good friends on here . I think if you don't use the forums then I guess you're not likely to make friends . But I enjoy that the most now . I hope I've made some friends ( or I'm being lied to lol )"

The forum is not the only place to make friends here, I have several who never use the forums and I'm sure lots of other people do too.

over a year ago

Why? What is so terrible about people you meet on a sex site? Are they only good enough to fuck but not be seen with in public? "

I think a lot of people do think that way, which is a bit sad IMO

I personally have made some good friends through fab and have no problem being seen out in public with anyone..

over a year ago

Yes please I don’t have any real life friends. I cling to the forums for acceptance

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Why? What is so terrible about people you meet on a sex site? Are they only good enough to fuck but not be seen with in public?

I personally have made some good friends through fab and have no problem being seen out in public with anyone..

"

Here here. If I'm honest, my closest and most trusted friends are those I've met through the site.

Some I don't see in a sexual way at all.

Some I bang.

If someone is too afraid to be seen in public with me, that's something I'm not comfortable with.

over a year ago

I’m not here to make friends.

That being said, it’s not because i’m ashamed of being seen with anyone it’s just how i am. Unsociable.

Plus the last site I was on, some of the women were back-stabbing nasty bitches, messaging you about certain men, being all nicey nice and then turning if someone they liked flirted with you, so it’s sort of tainted my view somewhat, especially when you see it on here too.

But mostly, i just like to log on, do my thing and log off. No drama.

over a year ago

I didn't come here to make friends. I chat to people and have met some at The STPs, but I wouldn't call them friends. They are acquaintances I have a similar interest with.

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

I suppose people don’t necessarily come to the site to make friends. I wouldn’t necessarily have expected to make friends, but I don’t get the more wilful insistence that some people have about not wanting to. Surely if it happens it happens?

over a year ago

I may be getting the wrong end of the stick but i always thought of "swinging" as a lifestyle thing rather than just meeting strangers for a quick fumble. Part of the lifestyle being meeting and spending time with likeminded people? Meeting strangers for a one off quicky isnt swinging its just like meeting someone in a pub and having sex. Maybe im just old...

By *ornylittlesubWoman
over a year ago

Grangemouth

I have to admit i don't wish, and actively say so, to make any friends on here....I am always upfront and honest with anyone i chat to...but it's surely an each to their own thing. Everyone uses Fab in their own way.

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple
over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

We arent here to make friends, but if it happens as a result of meeting that’s fine. We don’t actively seek friends because it’s diffucult enough finding time to see the friends we have.

The difference is, that some fab users need to be friends, need socials before sex. We don’t.

I think there’s room for both.

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple
over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

And I have a penchant for fucking strangers

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I didn't come here to make friends. I chat to people and have met some at The STPs, but I wouldn't call them friends. They are acquaintances I have a similar interest with.

"

I'm similar, but perhaps it's that I don't have the skills to make friends.

I am friendly and acquainted with a lot of people; some are closer than others. Although one of my pre-forum men is a true friend - I know he's got my back if needed.

I like the friendliness I have found on the forum and will help people virtually whenever I can.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

It's a bit like going to work. I work to earn money. Making friends is a bonus, but not the reason I do it.

Same with fab. I'm here for sex. So much the better if I become friends, too. But that's not the reason I'm here.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"And I have a penchant for fucking strangers "

over a year ago

I've made some great friends through fab.

We take our kiddies for days out together, have done shopping and spa trips together and have many other non swinging days out planned, as well as the bonus of easy to arrange threesomes and Foursomes

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I didn't sign up with the intention of making friends (with or without benefits) but at the same time I wasn't looking for a completely cold and clinical experience either.

There are people here I'd count as just as good a friends as some of my friends from my "real life" - the kind of friends you can turn to in times of need, or to talk things through with - the added bonus being you can talk to them about *this* life without awkwardness - I certainly couldn't say to any of my real life friends "I do like the way your boobs look in that picture" for example

By *ayMyName123Man
over a year ago

Barnsley

I’d like more friends from fab

I guess I’m just a friendly kinda guy

over a year ago

"I've made some great friends through fab.

We take our kiddies for days out together, have done shopping and spa trips together and have many other non swinging days out planned, as well as the bonus of easy to arrange threesomes and Foursomes "

And more somes ???

over a year ago

I never talk to the people I fuck and never fuck the people I talk to.

That's my moto and I stick to it like some hair would stick to dried cum

over a year ago

I wish I had friends

over a year ago

"I may be getting the wrong end of the stick but i always thought of "swinging" as a lifestyle thing rather than just meeting strangers for a quick fumble. Part of the lifestyle being meeting and spending time with likeminded people?

Meeting strangers for a one off quicky isnt swinging its just like meeting someone in a pub and having sex. Maybe im just old... "

I think people use the site for both things.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I wish I had friends "

It's difficult finding the entrance to Diagon Alley.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"I never talk to the people I fuck and never fuck the people I talk to.

That's my moto and I stick to it like some hair would stick to dried cum "

Gorilla glue

over a year ago

"I wish I had friends "

Friends are like trampolines. I always wanted a trampoline.

over a year ago

It's a bit like going to work. I work to earn money. Making friends is a bonus, but not the reason I do it.

Same with fab. I'm here for sex. So much the better if I become friends, too. But that's not the reason I'm here.

"

I like that analogy.

over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

It's difficult finding the entrance to Diagon Alley.

"

Ever so true

over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

Friends are like trampolines. I always wanted a trampoline. "

Friends are like trampolines. I always bounce on trampolines and bite through my tongue.

over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

Friends are like trampolines. I always bounce on trampolines and bite through my tongue. "

I don't think you're doing trampolines right.

over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

Friends are like trampolines. I always bounce on trampolines and bite through my tongue.

I don't think you're doing trampolines right. "

Or friends

over a year ago

Fab Fwwiends

over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

I don't think you're doing trampolines right.

Or friends"

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

Friends are like trampolines. I always wanted a trampoline. "

We had three trampolines at school. It was my favourite PE lesson. I'd have to do it in the dark now.

over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

We had three trampolines at school. It was my favourite PE lesson. I'd have to do it in the dark now.

"

Wish I went to your school

over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

"

Bouncing tits

over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

"

We had no trampolines

over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

"

Same here. We never had nets to hold us in either

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"I wish I had friends

We had no trampolines "

We used the science teachers bloomers and pulled them tight. Took 14 pupils to get all the way round the edge mind you.

over a year ago

I'm here for both

over a year ago

"I'm here for both "

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

Wish I went to your school "

It was a great all girls comprehensive. I left feeling I had received an education and not just learning. And we had trampolines.

over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

"

We had trampolines too but my knees weren't able to withstand the bouncing.

over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

Wish I went to your school

It was a great all girls comprehensive. I left feeling I had received an education and not just learning. And we had trampolines.

"

Insanely jealous

over a year ago

here for both

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple
over a year ago

Planet Ork

Here here. If I'm honest, my closest and most trusted friends are those I've met through the site.

Some I bang.

If someone is too afraid to be seen in public with me, that's something I'm not comfortable with."

I’m sure I saw you in the corner shop in Princes end last week buying a bottle of white lightning cider

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

We had no trampolines "

I think they were probably deemed too dangerous after the '80s. I was at school in the '70s and we used to go to the pub with (some) of the teachers and wouldn't get detention for smoking behind the gym block.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

Same here. We never had nets to hold us in either "

Nets? We had to have one girl on each corner. That was the total extent of the safety requirements.

OP, apologies. I stop talking about trampolines... but it has felt friendly chatting to people about this.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Some I bang.

If someone is too afraid to be seen in public with me, that's something I'm not comfortable with.

I’m sure I saw you in the corner shop in Princes end last week buying a bottle of white lightning cider "

Oh no, I'm not a cider drinker. I was round the back glugging tennents super strength paint stripper

over a year ago

We have that on our profile. Have nothing against people who do make friends on here at all. My sole purpose for being here is for mmf and I can't imagine being friends with any of those people. We still chat to them occasionally and they are all nice friendly guys but socialising with someone that we've had a threesome with....No thanks. Too weird x

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"I wish I had friends

Nets? We had to have one girl on each corner. That was the total extent of the safety requirements.

OP, apologies. I stop talking about trampolines... but it has felt friendly chatting to people about this. "

I believe they were called spotters. They watched you fall.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

we met a couple once and over a drink in the pub they said they already had friends so they had no intention of becoming friends with anyone from fab. That was fine by us at least we knew, it also opened our eyes to how many operate within swinging.

If the opportunity to become friends with people came up we'd happily take it. I just don't think many people want that

over a year ago

Im not here to make friends. We just use the site to arrange to meet guys for sex.

I dont have friends in 'real' life either as im a solitary person who is happy in my own company. Family provide friendship for me and i have a few people that i see such as at football etc. Hubby and i spend a lot of time together too.

There are a few people we chat to when we see them at clubs but i wouldnt call them friends.

over a year ago

they're objects

over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

OP, apologies. I stop talking about trampolines... but it has felt friendly chatting to people about this.

I believe they were called spotters. They watched you fall."

And fought over whose turn it was next once you'd been ejected

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Im not here to make friends. We just use the site to arrange to meet guys for sex.

I dont have friends in 'real' life either as im a solitary person who is happy in my own company. Family provide friendship for me and i have a few people that i see such as at football etc. Hubby and i spend a lot of time together too.

There are a few people we chat to when we see them at clubs but i wouldnt call them friends. "

I have three friends and many acquaintances. I think its more likely that we'd make acquaintances with people from fab than proper friends that you could ring up to help you dispose of a body.

over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

OP, apologies. I stop talking about trampolines... but it has felt friendly chatting to people about this. "

Please don't apologise, I love it... it's a perfect example of virtual friends.

over a year ago

"We have that on our profile. Have nothing against people who do make friends on here at all. My sole purpose for being here is for mmf and I can't imagine being friends with any of those people. We still chat to them occasionally and they are all nice friendly guys but socialising with someone that we've had a threesome with....No thanks. Too weird x"

I understand that.

over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

Please don't apologise, I love it... it's a perfect example of virtual friends. "

I’m making friends?!

over a year ago

"I wish I had friends

Please don't apologise, I love it... it's a perfect example of virtual friends.

I’m making friends?! "

got a friend in me

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I wouldnt meet anyone I wouldnt be friends with ,the social side is what I enjoy too.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

There's a fortune in friendship

over a year ago

I’m only here for the sex.....

I wouldn’t class anyone I meet for sex more than once a friend.. more of just a sex partner...

The basis of our relationship is sex....

I don’t choose my friends on the basis of sexual attraction.

This is a funny question.....

For all the people that are looking to make friends on this site....

Do you ask to see a face picture before you start chatting? Or you will just talk to anyone?

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"I’m only here for the sex.....

I wouldn’t class anyone I meet for sex more than once a friend.. more of just a sex partner...

Do you ask to see a face picture before you start chatting? Or you will just talk to anyone?

"

Most have come from forum interaction.

Others I've met who aren't from the forums but we still hang out, speak regularly, support one another and do all the other things mates do.

over a year ago

Can never have enough friends imo.

Some would say i'm a crap mate but i'm awesome so that's a lie

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I want to be friends with the guys I meet and have sex with but if after a social I'm not feeling it so to speak then that's it. I don't wish to make friend's with people I have no intention of shagging.

Apart from ladies, there's always room for more girlie friend's

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

There are lots of people on fab who say they put personality before looks. I'm not one of them, I need to be attracted physically before I will consider getting sexual with someone. However there are many organised socials at which it *should * be possible to make friends. We have found though that the majority use them to scope out future sexual partners.

I suspect that it's possible for a friendship to develop incidentally though.

over a year ago

Not so much friends just people to have a laugh and let myself go with

over a year ago

I’ve had the fortune of making friends from this site. I have met some for sex, some for socials and some are currently still only virtual friends, be that both virtually on and off Fab. Was this my intent in coming to site initially? Yes. I can’t fuck someone that I wouldn’t have the potential to be friends with, and thus actual friendships forming was inevitable. The fact a small community has arisen without the fucking or even meeting too is very special to me. I’ve also had the word friend bandered around when perhaps friendship operated differently to my comprehension of the term and act. But you learn, and people teach you what they want from you. Everyone is doing the best they can at any given moment, and sometimes the two lives don’t align harmoniously. Anyone that I felt friendship for though, the love and warm wishes for their futures remain even when the interactions cease.

over a year ago

Typo rage. the*

over a year ago

I didn’t join Fab with the intention of making friends, but I’ve made a few wonderful friends who I know I can turn to for support. They’ve kept me going through some pretty tough times. X

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

Not in the slightest .

We are definately in that ‘ not here to make friends category ‘ , but it has nothing to do with feeling ashamed of the company we keep . It’s simply this . We swing as a hobby , and that hobby is a completely separate part of our life . We don’t want our swinging life to impact on our everyday life . So we keep the two very much apart .

When we are out and with our kids we don’t want swinging to even be on the radar . When we are out shopping , or out with vanilla friends , or out with family we don’t want any contact with anything related to swinging . The only time we have anything to do with anyone with respect to swinging is when we are out and looking for a meet . Once the meet is over , that’s it . Done dusted and forgotten . It’s how we roll .

over a year ago

I love meeting new people and making new friends whether that includes sex or not. However, I’ve no patience for texting/messaging so it tends not to happen often which is why I love the socials.

over a year ago

I've made life long friends from fab. I've been on and off here for around 10 years and have some great friendships because of it. I didn't come here for friends but it's probably what keeps me here to be honest

over a year ago

If we ain’t friends you ain’t gettin non.

over a year ago

"

I talk to anyone.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I talk to anyone. "

This is true, you even talk to me

over a year ago

"I’ve had the fortune of making friends from this site. I have met some for sex, some for socials and some are currently still only virtual friends, be that both virtually on and off Fab. Was this my intent in coming to site initially? Yes. I can’t fuck someone that I wouldn’t have the potential to be friends with, and thus actual friendships forming was inevitable. The fact a small community has arisen without the fucking or even meeting too is very special to me. I’ve also had the word friend bandered around when perhaps friendship operated differently to my comprehension of the term and act. But you learn, and people teach you what they want from you. Everyone is doing the best they can at any given moment, and sometimes the two lives don’t align harmoniously. Anyone that I felt friendship for though, the love and warm wishes for their futures remain even when the interactions cease.

"

over a year ago

I talk to anyone.

This is true, you even talk to me "

And you talk back.

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

Bingo

On the head

Eureka

You got it in one

over a year ago

Not in the slightest .

We are definately in that ‘ not here to make friends category ‘ , but it has nothing to do with feeling ashamed of the company we keep . It’s simply this . We swing as a hobby , and that hobby is a completely separate part of our life . We don’t want our swinging life to impact on our everyday life . So we keep the two very much apart .

When we are out and with our kids we don’t want swinging to even be on the radar . When we are out shopping , or out with vanilla friends , or out with family we don’t want any contact with anything related to swinging . The only time we have anything to do with anyone with respect to swinging is when we are out and looking for a meet . Once the meet is over , that’s it . Done dusted and forgotten . It’s how we roll . "

That makes a lot of sense, thank you. That makes it feel much more positive.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Once people become friends they like to discuss normal stuff like washing mac_ines breaking down etc...this was a fantasy for us that involved sex and none of the above

over a year ago

Once people become friends they like to discuss normal stuff like washing mac_ines breaking down etc...this was a fantasy for us that involved sex and none of the above"

Speaking of which. Mine just did

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Once people become friends they like to discuss normal stuff like washing mac_ines breaking down etc...this was a fantasy for us that involved sex and none of the above

Speaking of which. Mine just did "

I hope I didn't jinx it

over a year ago

Some seem quite shocked that some of us are here just for sex. Nothing terrible about the people I meet. I just have no desire to mix those I have sex with with my everyday life. They are separate entities.

over a year ago

Some seem quite shocked that some of us are here just for sex. Nothing terrible about the people I meet. I just have no desire to mix those I have sex with with my everyday life. They are separate entities. "

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"Gawd yeah, imagine being seen out with the kind of filthy pervert who frequents this site.

I think people are tying to say they're not looking for clingers."

I never have clingers! I use moist toilet wipes!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Gawd yeah, imagine being seen out with the kind of filthy pervert who frequents this site.

I think people are tying to say they're not looking for clingers.

I never have clingers! I use moist toilet wipes! "

They lead to fatbergs.

By *hedevilwearspradaWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere nearby

I didn’t expect to make such good friends when I joined. I feel very lucky that I’ve made some awesome friends, who I talk to on and off Fab, multiple times daily - either messaging/phone/FaceTime. We talk about all sort of things, a lot of it nothing to do with Fab, and I really value them. There are a couple who I haven’t met, due to me living in the arse end of Scotland, but I will. It’s a delight.

I have also met people who I thought were going to be good friends, but after the initial intensity, have to all intents and purposes binned me off. Not such a delight.

By *he Happy ManMan
over a year ago

Merseyside

I have made loads of friends on here.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/07/18 01:02:50]

over a year ago

"We arent here to make friends, but if it happens as a result of meeting that’s fine. We don’t actively seek friends because it’s diffucult enough finding time to see the friends we have.

The difference is, that some fab users need to be friends, need socials before sex. We don’t.

I think there’s room for both."

Same for us!

over a year ago

"And I have a penchant for fucking strangers "

Snap!

over a year ago

I think the norm on a Fab is to create a ‘divide’ between Fab life and ‘real’ life. This by extension creates a divide between Fab friends and friends from real life. I mean I wonder how many people say they want to make friends on Fab yet won’t invite their Fab friends to their home, give them their phone number, disclose their full name. This is all normal with regular friends. Our philosophy is to treat our swinging friends as we treat our regular friends, the only difference being is that we fuck our swinger friends.

Mrs

over a year ago

"I think the norm on a Fab is to create a ‘divide’ between Fab life and ‘real’ life. This by extension creates a divide between Fab friends and friends from real life. I mean I wonder how many people say they want to make friends on Fab yet won’t invite their Fab friends to their home, give them their phone number, disclose their full name. This is all normal with regular friends. Our philosophy is to treat our swinging friends as we treat our regular friends, the only difference being is that we fuck our swinger friends.

Mrs "

yes love this my philosophy exactly a friend's a friend

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

I would generally agree with that, but with the caveat that just because the two worlds might be kept quite separate, doesn’t mean that in some way Fab friends don’t qualify as actual friends.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I would generally agree with that, but with the caveat that just because the two worlds might be kept quite separate, doesn’t mean that in some way Fab friends don’t qualify as actual friends."

I agree. My friendship groups rarely overlap in everyday life. The opera people might meet the neighborhood people if I drag the latter to something but that's about it.

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I would generally agree with that, but with the caveat that just because the two worlds might be kept quite separate, doesn’t mean that in some way Fab friends don’t qualify as actual friends.

I agree. My friendship groups rarely overlap in everyday life. The opera people might meet the neighborhood people if I drag the latter to something but that's about it.

"

I almost said the exact same thing. In fact I hate social events where different circles are all in attendance together and I’m the common link. I think naturally different people or groups see different sides of us anyway, so I find those sorts of situations quite difficult.

Post new Message to Thread