Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

People accept your friend requests, but I never sent one

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

In the updates page I often see

"XXX has accepted your friend request"

In fact, 4 people have accepted my request in the last 30 minutes.

The only problem is, I haven't sent friend requests to these people....???

Anyone know what's going on or experience the same issue?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Has your other half sent them?

Contact admin. Some people have had similar. Site glitch I think.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

No, we both access the site together.

Thanks, will try to contact admin x

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

It says that when you accept their friends request as well, so if you've sent one and they've accepted, that's why it's there

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

"In the updates page I often see

"XXX has accepted your friend request"

In fact, 4 people have accepted my request in the last 30 minutes.

The only problem is, I haven't sent friend requests to these people....???

Anyone know what's going on or experience the same issue?"

Can you see their private pictures ? More important question have you looked

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

Are they now showing as friends on your friend list, or just on the update page?

The site is a bit glitchy at the moment as Admin are doing some behind the scene work.

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"It says that when you accept their friends request as well, so if you've sent one and they've accepted, that's why it's there "

I meant if they've sent one and you've accepted. I just woke up

By *ankie303Woman
over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

This happens to me so i go and unfriend as i know i havent sent the person a request. I know there is a bug to do with unblocking sending a request so i now just put it down to fab-bugs

over a year ago

"Are they now showing as friends on your friend list, or just on the update page?

The site is a bit glitchy at the moment as Admin are doing some behind the scene work."

When we delete pics from our profiles are they fully deleted from the site server? There's been rumours of other sites e.g. Facebook still keeping 'deleted' files on their servers.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

"Are they now showing as friends on your friend list, or just on the update page?

The site is a bit glitchy at the moment as Admin are doing some behind the scene work.

When we delete pics from our profiles are they fully deleted from the site server? There's been rumours of other sites e.g. Facebook still keeping 'deleted' files on their servers. "

I'm not an Admin, just a lowly forum mod. But I'm sure that I have read an Admin reply in the past that once you delete a pic from Fab it is deleted from the servers.

I have no techie knowledge of how this is done, beyond basic PC maintenance I'm a technological idiot

over a year ago

When we delete pics from our profiles are they fully deleted from the site server? There's been rumours of other sites e.g. Facebook still keeping 'deleted' files on their servers.

I'm not an Admin, just a lowly forum mod. But I'm sure that I have read an Admin reply in the past that once you delete a pic from Fab it is deleted from the servers.

I have no techie knowledge of how this is done, beyond basic PC maintenance I'm a technological idiot "

Sorry, you just always seem knowledgeable about things. That's not me white knighting!

Now you mention it I think I've seen a post like that too. Thank you.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I have winked myself before now, maybe they were done by accident? If you don't think they have then it won't hurt to let Admin know from the CONTACT button and they can check that everything is working as it should

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’ve winked myself and I’m friends with myself and I’m on my own hotlist

By *arnayguyMan
over a year ago

Durham Tees

I keep getting 'You must be fucking joking!' messages.

Is this because of the site glitch too?

over a year ago

"I have winked myself before now, maybe they were done by accident? If you don't think they have then it won't hurt to let Admin know from the CONTACT button and they can check that everything is working as it should"

I was thinking the same.... sometimes fat fingers have a lot to account for

Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

I have no techie knowledge of how this is done, beyond basic PC maintenance I'm a technological idiot

Sorry, you just always seem knowledgeable about things. That's not me white knighting!

Now you mention it I think I've seen a post like that too. Thank you. "

Probably because I've been here since the Stone Age and have the memory (and the arse) of an Elephant

Post new Message to Thread