Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

RAF 100

Jump to newest

By *lem-H-Fandango OP   Man
over a year ago

salisbury

Anyone lucky enough to see the fly past?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Only on t.v but it was pretty amazing xx

By *utie91Woman
over a year ago

Hitchin

I saw the chinooks fly over Hemel

over a year ago

"Anyone lucky enough to see the fly past?"

Yes, it was great to be there and have some of those monsters fly so low over my head.

By *tonMessCouple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

Yes! We all went out onto the playing field, 400 kids and all staff for our 13:08 fly past! It was so exciting, every formation brought a huge cheer of excitement from the kids and their teachers and super cheer for the Red Arrows with their red white and blue smoke...

When we got back into the classroom the little ones were drawing painting and writing about what they had seen.

It's been a fantastic afternoon.

over a year ago

salisbury

"I saw the chinooks fly over Hemel "

The sound of freedom

over a year ago

salisbury

"Yes! We all went out onto the playing field, 400 kids and all staff for our 13:08 fly past! It was so exciting, every formation brought a huge cheer of excitement from the kids and their teachers and super cheer for the Red Arrows with their red white and blue smoke...

When we got back into the classroom the little ones were drawing painting and writing about what they had seen.

It's been a fantastic afternoon. "

That's amazing! You should write to someone at Whitehall, they'll love to hear about that!

over a year ago

I was surprised that the RAF could muster so many serviceable aircraft in one go.

It was an excellent flypast. I shall be looking forward to similar repeat at RIAT air show over the weekend.

over a year ago

salisbury

"Anyone lucky enough to see the fly past?

Yes, it was great to be there and have some of those monsters fly so low over my head."

always impressive!

over a year ago

salisbury

"I was surprised that the RAF could muster so many serviceable aircraft in one go.

It was an excellent flypast. I shall be looking forward to similar repeat at RIAT air show over the weekend."

More ADF's than you could shake a stick at I'm sure!

By *tonMessCouple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

"Yes! We all went out onto the playing field, 400 kids and all staff for our 13:08 fly past! It was so exciting, every formation brought a huge cheer of excitement from the kids and their teachers and super cheer for the Red Arrows with their red white and blue smoke...

That's amazing! You should write to someone at Whitehall, they'll love to hear about that! "

We've collected the best of their work and are going to forward it to RAF (Hendon) Museum

over a year ago

salisbury

That's amazing! You should write to someone at Whitehall, they'll love to hear about that!

We've collected the best of their work and are going to forward it to RAF (Hendon) Museum "

Perfect.

By *irtySekretsCouple
over a year ago

Filthy Desires Upon Trent

As Ex RAF and Ex Red Arrows Engineer. Today makes me feel very proud to of Served

over a year ago

salisbury

"As Ex RAF and Ex Red Arrows Engineer. Today makes me feel very proud to of Served "

As well you should!

over a year ago

"I saw the chinooks fly over Hemel "

A chinook is named after a type of wind that bloes a across the american plains,scirocco is alo a type of wind,ok I'll shut up now

By *hedevilwearspradaWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere nearby

The bitching I’ve had to put up with from a family member about getting 22 serviceable Typhoons flying at the same time has been chronic! I’m glad it’s over

One of my pals was flying, which is very cool. I haven’t watched yet but have recorded it cos I’m a geek, particularly a fast jet geek. I’ve only seen a nine ship, so I’m a bit excited to see how the formation turned out.

over a year ago

salisbury

"The bitching I’ve had to put up with from a family member about getting 22 serviceable Typhoons flying at the same time has been chronic! I’m glad it’s over

One of my pals was flying, which is very cool. I haven’t watched yet but have recorded it cos I’m a geek, particularly a fast jet geek. I’ve only seen a nine ship, so I’m a bit excited to see how the formation turned out. "

It was perfection.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Watched it in TV, and videos local friends have shared in social media..

Proud to have upheld the family tradition, and played a small part in the RAFs 100yr history

over a year ago

Walked down and watched it with St Paul’s in the back ground. It was stunning

By *uffnmuffCouple
over a year ago

London

We did they fly over our house.

over a year ago

Somewhere nearby

"The bitching I’ve had to put up with from a family member about getting 22 serviceable Typhoons flying at the same time has been chronic! I’m glad it’s over

One of my pals was flying, which is very cool. I haven’t watched yet but have recorded it cos I’m a geek, particularly a fast jet geek. I’ve only seen a nine ship, so I’m a bit excited to see how the formation turned out.

It was perfection. "

Ah brilliant! Can’t wait to get home and watch it!

over a year ago

Pity its only done over London.

over a year ago

Bless them, they nearly have a history haha

To be fair, they do a great job though as much as it pains me to say it

over a year ago

salisbury

"Pity its only done over London."

Unfortunately, that's where Liz lives.

over a year ago

"Bless them, they nearly have a history haha

To be fair, they do a great job though as much as it pains me to say it"

That's big of you

over a year ago

Liz who

over a year ago

It’s just a bit of inter-service fun. Just as anyone in the RAF would happily poke fun at the other two services

over a year ago

Somewhere nearby

"I was surprised that the RAF could muster so many serviceable aircraft in one go.

It was an excellent flypast. I shall be looking forward to similar repeat at RIAT air show over the weekend."

That’s why they said up to 100 on all the advertising. The expectation that a few would be u/s. I reckon the RAF were surprised too j

By *att71Man
over a year ago

Bristol

Its a big year for us in the Royal Air Force, a milestone we a proud of reaching. Having read all your comnents i thank you all for taking the time to watch our celebration today and hope you liked it, young and old.

Per Ardua ad Astra.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

They didn't fly over my house this time. I did watch it on the telly box and it was pretty spectacular.

I loved that Queenie was smiling so broadly at it all. The presenting of the new Colour was grand too.

over a year ago

Watched on TV and was blown away by all the aircraft. But the typhoons were something else.

over a year ago

salisbury

"Watched on TV and was blown away by all the aircraft. But the typhoons were something else. "

No, they were aircraft aswell!

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

We had our own little flypast last week with the new F-35B flying out of Marnham on practise runs, they were impressive

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"We had our own little flypast last week with the new F-35B flying out of Marnham on practise runs, they were impressive"

Just watched it on the news site, very impressive, especially the Typhoons

over a year ago

There's going to be a similar flypast at the royal international air tattoo on Friday. I'm going to be there from Thursday to Monday. 3 full days of flying displays.

By *rincessvenusCouple
over a year ago

Hull

i was driving to york about 3pm and so the tornado s going back all in formation wow

over a year ago

"Liz who"

Liz Windsor (I’m not sure she’s related to Barbara, though I’m pretty sure they were both born in London.)

over a year ago

Somewhere nearby

Watched it! Super impressed!! The Typhoon 100 was awesome!

over a year ago

I saw it surrounded by a playground full of screaming kids, was bloody marvellous!

over a year ago

salisbury

"Watched it! Super impressed!! The Typhoon 100 was awesome!"

Told you so.

By *att71Man
over a year ago

Bristol

"I saw it surrounded by a playground full of screaming kids, was bloody marvellous! "

Fantastic x

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

On Occasions in the year I hear the distinctive sound of a merlin engine as a lone spitfire circles around I always love to hear the sound of the engine one you never forget.

Post new Message to Thread