Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I look in the mirror and all I see...

Jump to newest

By *cduck and Blue eyes OP   Couple
over a year ago

nr chester

Is a young old man with only a dream..

I often look in the mirror lately and the words from that famous song jump into my mind this is Mrs posting btw so for me it’s a young old woman, it makes me feel sad, I have all this pent up frustration, you see I’m a responsible parent with a good job, amazing children,a beautiful home, a man that drives me wild in bed, yet life gets in the way, we never get anytime together at the minute( work, teenagers) and while I love my family and my life dearly, I want to be wild I look at our profile and pics of myself and I don’t recognise that person as me most days I guess what I’m trying to say is, I feel young in my heart but in reality I’m not, I’m old with responsibilities, and whilst I love that I also just want to walk on the wild side for a while before it’s too late does anyone else feel like this? Mrs blue eyesxxxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Do you have wild memories? Fun you've had? Can you book one day off to do something wild together?

over a year ago

Firstly, you’re not old.

I’m not in the same situation as you and I’m not sure how easy it is, but I truly believe that parents need to have time away from their children to do the things they love. Not only are you a Mum, but you’re your own person. Can you organise someone to have the children for a weekend maybe every few months?

over a year ago

Jeepers..

If you are old then maybe i should hang up my swinging shoes now!

Secondly i have never met you but it wasnt for want of trying (chester socials with lightson999) but you always ducked out (pun intended)

Thirdly i dont see how you can't make time for yourselves for even an evening..does it have to be about swinging?

As a single mum with sole parental responsibility know how difficult it can be to get into a rut but luckily i have understanding family who are happy to babysit when i need time off..

If you really want to i am sure you will both find a way

over a year ago

Yes I feel exactly the same? I got that feeling 5 years ago. I was bogged down in routine life, spending all my time doing things for others with no appreciation. No one wanted to do anything exciting and live life, people around me seemed happy just to sit and let their lives go rushing by.

That's not for me, so I made some big changes....and her I am, Miss Wild, living my life. My children are stil my main priority of course but after that I'm living life for me, crazy, reckless, but hell it's an awesome rollercoaster of a life and I'm happy.

over a year ago

"Is a young old man with only a dream..

I often look in the mirror lately and the words from that famous song jump into my mind this is Mrs posting btw so for me it’s a young old woman, it makes me feel sad, I have all this pent up frustration, you see I’m a responsible parent with a good job, amazing children,a beautiful home, a man that drives me wild in bed, yet life gets in the way, we never get anytime together at the minute( work, teenagers) and while I love my family and my life dearly, I want to be wild I look at our profile and pics of myself and I don’t recognise that person as me most days I guess what I’m trying to say is, I feel young in my heart but in reality I’m not, I’m old with responsibilities, and whilst I love that I also just want to walk on the wild side for a while before it’s too late does anyone else feel like this? Mrs blue eyesxxxx"

I’ve been feeling this way for a while, sometimes being an adult is no fun. Life and parenting can be overwhelming at times and it feels like I’ve become old before my time. But talk to your husband perhaps he’s feeling the same, just having a few hours together I know it’s not being wild but it’s being together and not mum/dad for that time that will help you both get through the rough times x

over a year ago

I often look in the mirror lately and the words from that famous song jump into my mind this is Mrs posting btw so for me it’s a young old woman, it makes me feel sad, I have all this pent up frustration, you see I’m a responsible parent with a good job, amazing children,a beautiful home, a man that drives me wild in bed, yet life gets in the way, we never get anytime together at the minute( work, teenagers) and while I love my family and my life dearly, I want to be wild I look at our profile and pics of myself and I don’t recognise that person as me most days I guess what I’m trying to say is, I feel young in my heart but in reality I’m not, I’m old with responsibilities, and whilst I love that I also just want to walk on the wild side for a while before it’s too late does anyone else feel like this? Mrs blue eyesxxxx"

know that feeling and turned it around difficult to have both mind I had to make a sacrifice

over a year ago

nr chester

"Do you have wild memories? Fun you've had? Can you book one day off to do something wild together? "
. Oh my, we do have lots of wild memories, it’s the booking the time off that’s the problem but we do need to sort something you’re rightxx Mrs blue eyesx

over a year ago

nr chester

"Firstly, you’re not old.

I’m not in the same situation as you and I’m not sure how easy it is, but I truly believe that parents need to have time away from their children to do the things they love. Not only are you a Mum, but you’re your own person. Can you organise someone to have the children for a weekend maybe every few months? "

. Aww Thankyou just feeling old at the min it’s finding time off work that’s the biggest problem, and then if we do seem to have a couple hours at home, we have a gorgeous teenager who god love him is ace and wants to spend time with his mum and dad before he goes back in September for A levels we love him to bits and are struggling with saying, pop out and see your mates instead Mrs blue eyesxx

over a year ago

nr chester

"Jeepers..

If you are old then maybe i should hang up my swinging shoes now!

Secondly i have never met you but it wasnt for want of trying (chester socials with lightson999) but you always ducked out (pun intended)

Thirdly i dont see how you can't make time for yourselves for even an evening..does it have to be about swinging?

As a single mum with sole parental responsibility know how difficult it can be to get into a rut but luckily i have understanding family who are happy to babysit when i need time off..

If you really want to i am sure you will both find a way"

. Ha, nope don’t be thinking about hanging up your swinging shoes, I’m just feeling old work always seem to get in the way oh and a poorly little one for the chester socials and nope it’s not about swinging, we can pop out for a bit to eat if we’re not falling asleep, or Mr working but to be honest it’s about wanting to be wild, we don’t have to swing to be wild but we do need privacy Mrs blue eyes

over a year ago

You have two equally vital responsibilities to your children. The first is to give them love and security and help them to grow with confidence. The second is to be a source of inspiration to them, to show them how important it is to seek one's own happiness and forge one's own wonderful life.

You will get roundly applauded by the world for doing the former. But you will get roundly chastised for doing the latter. It is also significantly easier to do the former than the latter and often, once you've had kids, you have to be, quite frankly, reckless, irresponsible, impulsive, bold, adventurous, and plain crazy just to make the latter happen. But you have to do it... for the sake of your kids... to show them how to do it for themselves... or else you're dooming them to die the same inner death when they have kids... and their kids too. Somebody has to break the cycle

over a year ago

nr chester

I often look in the mirror lately and the words from that famous song jump into my mind this is Mrs posting btw so for me it’s a young old woman, it makes me feel sad, I have all this pent up frustration, you see I’m a responsible parent with a good job, amazing children,a beautiful home, a man that drives me wild in bed, yet life gets in the way, we never get anytime together at the minute( work, teenagers) and while I love my family and my life dearly, I want to be wild I look at our profile and pics of myself and I don’t recognise that person as me most days I guess what I’m trying to say is, I feel young in my heart but in reality I’m not, I’m old with responsibilities, and whilst I love that I also just want to walk on the wild side for a while before it’s too late does anyone else feel like this? Mrs blue eyesxxxx

I’ve been feeling this way for a while, sometimes being an adult is no fun. Life and parenting can be overwhelming at times and it feels like I’ve become old before my time. But talk to your husband perhaps he’s feeling the same, just having a few hours together I know it’s not being wild but it’s being together and not mum/dad for that time that will help you both get through the rough times x "

. Aww thanks ang, we talk and he feels the same, he knows we need some time together, but he struggles to take time off and to be honest he loves a quickie and would happily have a quick quiet fumble, which is nice, I find myself more frustrated, I want to be sexy and wild, I want to be teased and wooed( not sure if this is a word) I know I sound like I want it all, I don’t mean to sound moany and spoilt, we will find a way I’m surexx Mrs blue eyesxx

over a year ago

Wild like a forest fire untamed burns bright and free.

Yet for the fire to spark and set loose without restraint a lot needs to be set in motion.

It needs to be consistently hot for several days, the vegetation has to be dry, no rain at all for several days.

All of that and probably more have to then align at the right time.

So open the holy book of a swinger the diary and set an achievable date.

As the date gets closer tease Mr with daring feats to kindle more fire, ignite the wick and when your stars align on the holy day feel free to burn bright, burn wild and set your fab world alight

over a year ago

nr chester

I often look in the mirror lately and the words from that famous song jump into my mind this is Mrs posting btw so for me it’s a young old woman, it makes me feel sad, I have all this pent up frustration, you see I’m a responsible parent with a good job, amazing children,a beautiful home, a man that drives me wild in bed, yet life gets in the way, we never get anytime together at the minute( work, teenagers) and while I love my family and my life dearly, I want to be wild I look at our profile and pics of myself and I don’t recognise that person as me most days I guess what I’m trying to say is, I feel young in my heart but in reality I’m not, I’m old with responsibilities, and whilst I love that I also just want to walk on the wild side for a while before it’s too late does anyone else feel like this? Mrs blue eyesxxxxknow that feeling and turned it around difficult to have both mind I had to make a sacrifice "

. Aww as long as you’re happy Mrs blue eyes

over a year ago

I’ve been feeling this way for a while, sometimes being an adult is no fun. Life and parenting can be overwhelming at times and it feels like I’ve become old before my time. But talk to your husband perhaps he’s feeling the same, just having a few hours together I know it’s not being wild but it’s being together and not mum/dad for that time that will help you both get through the rough times x . Aww thanks ang, we talk and he feels the same, he knows we need some time together, but he struggles to take time off and to be honest he loves a quickie and would happily have a quick quiet fumble, which is nice, I find myself more frustrated, I want to be sexy and wild, I want to be teased and wooed( not sure if this is a word) I know I sound like I want it all, I don’t mean to sound moany and spoilt, we will find a way I’m surexx Mrs blue eyesxx"

Men, yes I said that to my mr last week I want to be wooed and made to feel a priority. It’s not being moany or spoiled but at times we all need that emotional boost. But it’s good that you’ve talked and both know what you want, and he’s agreed that you will get it. That’s half the battle, now just organise the kids put it in his diary and say on no circumstances is this not going to happen. Good luck x

over a year ago

Same here, hence joining the site. Everyday life carries on with an occassional sideorder of wild from here. Xx

over a year ago

nr chester

"You have two equally vital responsibilities to your children. The first is to give them love and security and help them to grow with confidence. The second is to be a source of inspiration to them, to show them how important it is to seek one's own happiness and forge one's own wonderful life.

You will get roundly applauded by the world for doing the former. But you will get roundly chastised for doing the latter. It is also significantly easier to do the former than the latter and often, once you've had kids, you have to be, quite frankly, reckless, irresponsible, impulsive, bold, adventurous, and plain crazy just to make the latter happen. But you have to do it... for the sake of your kids... to show them how to do it for themselves... or else you're dooming them to die the same inner death when they have kids... and their kids too. Somebody has to break the cycle "

. Oh my goodness, you actually made my heart sink, only because you’re so right, and we do owe to them to not carry on the cycle, it’s just not easy as it won’t be them either, but Thankyou so much for being so truthfulxxx Mrs blue eyes

over a year ago

nr chester

I’ve been feeling this way for a while, sometimes being an adult is no fun. Life and parenting can be overwhelming at times and it feels like I’ve become old before my time. But talk to your husband perhaps he’s feeling the same, just having a few hours together I know it’s not being wild but it’s being together and not mum/dad for that time that will help you both get through the rough times x . Aww thanks ang, we talk and he feels the same, he knows we need some time together, but he struggles to take time off and to be honest he loves a quickie and would happily have a quick quiet fumble, which is nice, I find myself more frustrated, I want to be sexy and wild, I want to be teased and wooed( not sure if this is a word) I know I sound like I want it all, I don’t mean to sound moany and spoilt, we will find a way I’m surexx Mrs blue eyesxx

Men, yes I said that to my mr last week I want to be wooed and made to feel a priority. It’s not being moany or spoiled but at times we all need that emotional boost. But it’s good that you’ve talked and both know what you want, and he’s agreed that you will get it. That’s half the battle, now just organise the kids put it in his diary and say on no circumstances is this not going to happen. Good luck x "

. Awww, Thankyou for understanding, and I will, I promise Mrs blue eyes

over a year ago

nr chester

"Same here, hence joining the site. Everyday life carries on with an occassional sideorder of wild from here. Xx "
. I need to take a leaf out of your book Mrs blue eyes

over a year ago

nr chester

"Wild like a forest fire untamed burns bright and free.

Yet for the fire to spark and set loose without restraint a lot needs to be set in motion.

It needs to be consistently hot for several days, the vegetation has to be dry, no rain at all for several days.

All of that and probably more have to then align at the right time.

So open the holy book of a swinger the diary and set an achievable date.

As the date gets closer tease Mr with daring feats to kindle more fire, ignite the wick and when your stars align on the holy day feel free to burn bright, burn wild and set your fab world alight "

. Ha, Thankyou, I would say we do all of the above anyway, it’s just the final frontier we’re not making and you’re right we need to make it more set in stone Mrs blue eyes

over a year ago

I often look in the mirror lately and the words from that famous song jump into my mind this is Mrs posting btw so for me it’s a young old woman, it makes me feel sad, I have all this pent up frustration, you see I’m a responsible parent with a good job, amazing children,a beautiful home, a man that drives me wild in bed, yet life gets in the way, we never get anytime together at the minute( work, teenagers) and while I love my family and my life dearly, I want to be wild I look at our profile and pics of myself and I don’t recognise that person as me most days I guess what I’m trying to say is, I feel young in my heart but in reality I’m not, I’m old with responsibilities, and whilst I love that I also just want to walk on the wild side for a while before it’s too late does anyone else feel like this? Mrs blue eyesxxxxknow that feeling and turned it around difficult to have both mind I had to make a sacrifice . Aww as long as you’re happy Mrs blue eyes "

I'm always happy bluey

over a year ago

"Oh my goodness, you actually made my heart sink, only because you’re so right, and we do owe to them to not carry on the cycle, it’s just not easy as it won’t be them either, but Thankyou so much for being so truthfulxxx Mrs blue eyes "

Trying to keep in touch with your own happiness when you've got kids will never be easy. In their naivety, they'll want to suck you dry. But that's not what they really want, nor what is most beneficial to them. They want happy fulfilled inspiring parents. No one with kids will ever tell you it's easy juggling kids and pursuing life. But you have to prioritise it Good luck

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

My torso Note to self - really must invest in a full length mirror

over a year ago

nr chester

"Oh my goodness, you actually made my heart sink, only because you’re so right, and we do owe to them to not carry on the cycle, it’s just not easy as it won’t be them either, but Thankyou so much for being so truthfulxxx Mrs blue eyes

Trying to keep in touch with your own happiness when you've got kids will never be easy. In their naivety, they'll want to suck you dry. But that's not what they really want, nor what is most beneficial to them. They want happy fulfilled inspiring parents. No one with kids will ever tell you it's easy juggling kids and pursuing life. But you have to prioritise it Good luck "

. Thankyou, I shall take that good luck and use it wisely Mrs blue eyes

over a year ago

nr chester

"My torso Note to self - really must invest in a full length mirror"
. Tee hee

over a year ago

You are not old at all....

Life does get in our way

Little changes and go for it ...

X x

over a year ago

a man lost at sea, which is a bit ironic because I'm looking to buy a boat!

over a year ago

Physically I really don’t like what I see. I try not to let it spoil my fun but I go in phases of “I’m never getting naked again” to “I’m a gorgeous being, the world can think what they like”.

However life wise, my home/work balance isn’t perfect, I love what I do but it often means long hours and I mentally and physically take it home. Our youngest 2 children are now teens and so mrh and I have started spending nights or weekends away having fun ourselves. We’re usually quite physically demonstrative and the kids hate this I always say it’s better than us arguing, which we never do anyway. Bicker maybe

We’d realised we socialise apart and ended up have little in common or much to say to one another which is why we started living our lives together again which led to swinging. And that’s been great fun so far!

X

over a year ago

Using your words to draw a comparison, you owe it to Patrick (actually yourselves) to live life to the full. You never know what is around the corner, so go and do it.

Beg, borrow or steal childcare and go and have a night together in a club or something. You don't have to play with others if it doesn't appeal but getting into that naughty adult environment itself will add spice to your love lives xx

over a year ago

Don't worry. kick the kids out when they are 18, 19 max, and life begins again...

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Yes.

over a year ago

"Using your words to draw a comparison, you owe it to Patrick (actually yourselves) to live life to the full. You never know what is around the corner, so go and do it.

Beg, borrow or steal childcare and go and have a night together in a club or something. You don't have to play with others if it doesn't appeal but getting into that naughty adult environment itself will add spice to your love lives xx"

Who is Patrick?

over a year ago

"Using your words to draw a comparison, you owe it to Patrick (actually yourselves) to live life to the full. You never know what is around the corner, so go and do it.

Beg, borrow or steal childcare and go and have a night together in a club or something. You don't have to play with others if it doesn't appeal but getting into that naughty adult environment itself will add spice to your love lives xx

Who is Patrick?"

Swayze-'She's like the Wind', great song

over a year ago

nr chester

"You are not old at all....

Life does get in our way

Little changes and go for it ...

X x"

. Thankyou, and you’re so right, it doesn’t have to be big changes Mrs blue eyes

over a year ago

nr chester

"a man lost at sea, which is a bit ironic because I'm looking to buy a boat! "
. Ohhh good plan, a nice sailing boat would be lovely Mrs blue eyes

over a year ago

nr chester

Beg, borrow or steal childcare and go and have a night together in a club or something. You don't have to play with others if it doesn't appeal but getting into that naughty adult environment itself will add spice to your love lives xx"

. This actually brought a tear to me, Thankyou so, so much, you couldn’t be more right Mrs blue eyesxxxx

over a year ago

nr chester

"Don't worry. kick the kids out when they are 18, 19 max, and life begins again... "
. Tee hee, they are not far off that now, but I think they’ll be around till they are in their 30’s, it’s a comfy home Mrs blue eyes

over a year ago

"a man lost at sea, which is a bit ironic because I'm looking to buy a boat! . Ohhh good plan, a nice sailing boat would be lovely Mrs blue eyes "

That's exactly what I did, although I opted for a sports cruiser....

over a year ago

nr chester

"Yes."
. Sending hugs Mrs blue eyes

over a year ago

nr chester

Who is Patrick?

Swayze-'She's like the Wind', great song"

. It’s a great song

over a year ago

nr chester

"a man lost at sea, which is a bit ironic because I'm looking to buy a boat! . Ohhh good plan, a nice sailing boat would be lovely Mrs blue eyes

That's exactly what I did, although I opted for a sports cruiser.... "

. Oooh lovely Mrs blue eyes

By *eneRoissyMan
over a year ago

Nailsworth

I'm starting with the man in the mirror

I'm asking him to change his ways

And no message could have been any clearer

If you want to make the world a better place

Take a look at yourself, and then make a change

over a year ago

nr chester

"I'm starting with the man in the mirror

I'm asking him to change his ways

And no message could have been any clearer

If you want to make the world a better place

Take a look at yourself, and then make a change"

. Great song, great words, it’s not easy to change but your right it’s got to start with ourselves Mrs blue eyes

over a year ago

nr chester

"Physically I really don’t like what I see. I try not to let it spoil my fun but I go in phases of “I’m never getting naked again” to “I’m a gorgeous being, the world can think what they like”.

However life wise, my home/work balance isn’t perfect, I love what I do but it often means long hours and I mentally and physically take it home. Our youngest 2 children are now teens and so mrh and I have started spending nights or weekends away having fun ourselves. We’re usually quite physically demonstrative and the kids hate this I always say it’s better than us arguing, which we never do anyway. Bicker maybe

We’d realised we socialise apart and ended up have little in common or much to say to one another which is why we started living our lives together again which led to swinging. And that’s been great fun so far!

X"

. Awww Thankyou so much for sharing, it’s so humbling to read other people’s experiences and realise that it’s the same for others, and you’re right it’s better for the kids to see affection and not arguing, we are a strong couple and not drifting apart we just struggle to make time for ourselves, but you’re right, we need to start living our lives again, oh and you look great btw so no worrying about that Mrs Thankyou again, Mrs blue eyes

Post new Message to Thread