Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sky TV customer services

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Been trying to downgrade my TV package for 3 months now. But every time I call them I'm on hold for an hour before I give up and have to get back to work.

Tried doing it through the sky box, doesn't allow me to, tried doing it online "there is a problem with this service please call customer support" (allows me to upgrade just fine thought)

Tried Facebook messenger "please call customer services"

So I've cancelled my direct debit, they can call me now looking for payment.

Anyone else had problems with Sky? Thinking of going to Virgin

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hell yes! Glad it's not just me. All my friends have called Sky and got offered massive reductions, free movies, and a free omelette a day for life.

I call them and they just say if I'm not happy they'll turn my Sky off.

over a year ago

"Hell yes! Glad it's not just me. All my friends have called Sky and got offered massive reductions, free movies, and a free omelette a day for life.

I call them and they just say if I'm not happy they'll turn my Sky off. "

It would be nice if I could just fucking speaking to someone.

Got a letter today saying they'll be a £10 charge if I don't pay my account. Let's See how far they get with that one

over a year ago

"Hell yes! Glad it's not just me. All my friends have called Sky and got offered massive reductions, free movies, and a free omelette a day for life.

Got a letter today saying they'll be a £10 charge if I don't pay my account. Let's See how far they get with that one "

Have you tried at different times of the day? I think they only have one person in the call centre.

Bet the letter says call them to discuss.

over a year ago

Tell me about it! Sky customer service is dreadful - once they have your money they couldn't care less. And Virgin are just as bad in my experience. The most service you will get is when you try to cancel your contract with them, they will be all over you with loads of offers in a bid to convince you to stay

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I went to war with EE last night and managed to get myself a lot of money off due to the amount of times I tried to get through. I was polite (no point being rude to the poor call op) but firm.

Sky and Vodafone are consistently the worst for actually talking to someone. Try when the England match it on if you can stomach it might be less people trying to get through.

over a year ago

I had a sky box and have a phone line and broadband with them..

They offered me all kinds of incentives to keep the box and the bundles but tbh for the little amount of films and box sets i watch it was easier to get rid and use now tv.. my monthly payment is now considerably cheaper too

over a year ago

Got a letter today saying they'll be a £10 charge if I don't pay my account. Let's See how far they get with that one

Have you tried at different times of the day? I think they only have one person in the call centre.

Bet the letter says call them to discuss. "

The letter does say to call them

I've tried afternoons when people are at work so figured it would be quieter and evenings and weekends and same story. With the hours I work there is only so many times I can call

over a year ago

P. S. to cover yourself OP I would put all that in a letter to them explaining exactly why you are cancelling your direct debit. They have to respond to an old-fashioned letter and if all else fails you can take it up with Ofcom or Ombudsman

over a year ago

"Tell me about it! Sky customer service is dreadful - once they have your money they couldn't care less. And Virgin are just as bad in my experience. The most service you will get is when you try to cancel your contract with them, they will be all over you with loads of offers in a bid to convince you to stay"

I've got Virgin broadband so I can actually get a good deal with them. But I do like Sky TV and how the box works etc

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Ring the new subscription number, they never have a shortage of staff for that one!

Tell them you want transferring to the relevant department and that they are not to cut you off.

Alternatively, try Martin Lewis site for help, they sometimes have a direct number that Sky don't list.

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Tell me about it! Sky customer service is dreadful - once they have your money they couldn't care less. And Virgin are just as bad in my experience. The most service you will get is when you try to cancel your contract with them, they will be all over you with loads of offers in a bid to convince you to stay

I've got Virgin broadband so I can actually get a good deal with them. But I do like Sky TV and how the box works etc "

Then you already know Virgin are ok

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Tell me about it! Sky customer service is dreadful - once they have your money they couldn't care less. And Virgin are just as bad in my experience. The most service you will get is when you try to cancel your contract with them, they will be all over you with loads of offers in a bid to convince you to stay

I've got Virgin broadband so I can actually get a good deal with them. But I do like Sky TV and how the box works etc

Then you already know Virgin are ok "

Wrong emoji apologies

over a year ago

Press the option that says thinking of leaving sky, I never have trouble getting through. I havnt paid full price for years now. I have 3 hd boxes, phone package and internet and I’m paying £73 a month at the mo.

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Just make sure that you are absolutely clear about which box and which remote you are dissatisfied with

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Some info on moneysaving expert but try and get hold of customer retentions deartment. From there:

"If you don't have any luck via its advertised contact number, then it may be worth trying another route to the 'customer retentions' department - aka the Holy Grail of haggling - instead. (Note - this department might be called 'disconnections' externally, but make no mistake, customer retention's their job.)

If you call customer services and tell them you want to leave they should put you through, but to get through as quickly as possible, call Sky's 'TV cancellations' number on 03300 413 018. Otherwise, try this number 0333 2022 135 – it starts as an automated service to find out why you're calling, but you're eventually put through. "

over a year ago

Then you already know Virgin are ok

Wrong emoji apologies "

To be honest, I've never had a problem with the broadband and never had to call so can't comment on their customer services. But they have just doubled my broadband speed to 200mb for free so I'm happy with them

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Some info on moneysaving expert but try and get hold of customer retentions deartment. From there:

"If you don't have any luck via its advertised contact number, then it may be worth trying another route to the 'customer retentions' department - aka the Holy Grail of haggling - instead. (Note - this department might be called 'disconnections' externally, but make no mistake, customer retention's their job.)

If you call customer services and tell them you want to leave they should put you through, but to get through as quickly as possible, call Sky's 'TV cancellations' number on 03300 413 018. Otherwise, try this number 0333 2022 135 – it starts as an automated service to find out why you're calling, but you're eventually put through. ""

basically this.... what i have always done is tell them what virgin media are offering, and ask they why shouldn't i switch... everyone in this age tries to save a bit of money

and every time they have matched that offer...

also... be nice, no one helps shouty customers

over a year ago

We were with Virgin but they flogged us off to Talk Talk, we must have been lumped in with the unprofitable ones

Virgin mobile customer services are truly appalling.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

That's one of the reasons I left Sky and went to Virgin. Unfortunately where I live at the moment there's no cable on this side of the road. I do have a Sky dish on the wall outside, but it will be a cold day in Hell before I pick up the phone to them again.

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"But they have just doubled my broadband speed to 200mb for free so I'm happy with them "

Meanwhile we can't get 1mb here in rural Wales but are expected to pay the same Broadband costs as everyone else.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

[Removed by poster at 07/07/18 13:48:40]

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I thought you were gonna disable my box last night

By *itvclaireTV/TS
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I thought you were gonna disable my box last night "

So he got his balls emptied in the end.

XX

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"I thought you were gonna disable my box last night

XX"

My eyes are still glued together. I'm typing in Braille

By *itvclaireTV/TS
over a year ago

Birmingham

XX

My eyes are still glued together. I'm typing in Braille "

Nice! XX

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I had a bloody nightmare a while ago.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I'll be honest and say whenever I've called Sky customer services they couldn't have been more helpful and have always solved problems to my satisfaction - yes getting through the initial "Press 1 for this, 2 for that etc" thing can be a bit of a minefield but once through it all's been good.

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan
over a year ago

I've had more problems with Virgin then I have had with Sky, One thing I have learned is always ask for the persons name and make a note of the time you called, Tell them if they mess you about you will be putting in a official complaint,

I done this with with 02 recently, They apologised for messing me about and said I don't have to pay the following months phone bill

over a year ago

Stay on the phone and talk to them... get it over and done with

By *i1971Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

I'd not found it difficult to get through & managed to cancel easily enough although it was a little while back now. If there is a queue, better to hang on & get it done and think of the long term saving

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

"Press the option that says thinking of leaving sky, I never have trouble getting through. I havnt paid full price for years now. I have 3 hd boxes, phone package and internet and I’m paying £73 a month at the mo."

That's what I do, it's amazing how many staff they have to answer those calls

over a year ago

"But they have just doubled my broadband speed to 200mb for free so I'm happy with them

Meanwhile we can't get 1mb here in rural Wales but are expected to pay the same Broadband costs as everyone else."

Yup. Suck it up, buttercup

over a year ago

XX

My eyes are still glued together. I'm typing in Braille "

over a year ago

"Tell me about it! Sky customer service is dreadful - once they have your money they couldn't care less. And Virgin are just as bad in my experience. The most service you will get is when you try to cancel your contract with them, they will be all over you with loads of offers in a bid to convince you to stay"

Virgin Media has dreadful customer service.

Post new Message to Thread