Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Gay Pride

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I haven't been to a Gay Pride event, but I'd like to. Looks like a right old load of fun. Be you gay, or straight, whatever. Are you proud of your sexuality? For me my sexuality is innate, congenital, it's fixed. I'm neither proud or ashamed to be straight.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *wingfellowMan
over a year ago

my own little sanctuary

Agreed Jimbo. I would love to go, I mean personally if I go out drinking I usually end up in gay bars. I’m always out with a woman when I do go but I just find the atmosphere so lively and a lot less tense, in a lot of bars you see one too many guys who big up their chests and look for trouble as if to prove something, I haven’t seen that yet in a gay bar. If pride is the same kind of lively vibe I think it would be awesome. I was in the US on the run up to pride and it was an awesome night out.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Pride is brilliant. Been to a few different ones.

I don't think my sexuality is something to be proud of.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

There’s the mega Brighton one but I’m always away on holiday.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

I've bever been to a Pride event, but would love to go.

That said, my sexuality is just a part of who I am. It does not define me as a whole person. There are many facets to me (as with everyone else) and my sexuality is just one of those facets.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

There's a lot of whistles.

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I’ve been going to Pride since I was much younger. I’ve taken my daughter since she was young. It’s a day that a lot of my friends gather to celebrate and educate. The community stalls are always my first port of call. This years Pride brought an LGBT+ youth support group and ‘big Jesus church’ into our lives. A day where the cream of one hit wonders gather to sing a song and everyone has a bloody good dance.

Edinburgh’s Pride this year was wet but wonderful. Can’t wait for next year!

over a year ago

I’ve never been to a Pride event either, I’ve always been away or it’s crept up on me before making plans. I’d love to go!

over a year ago

" I'm neither proud or ashamed to be straight."

Well being straight, there’s not been the social stigma and enforced feeling of shame associated with your sexuality - isn’t that the point of the “being proud” of Pride?

over a year ago

" I'm neither proud or ashamed to be straight.

Well being straight, there’s not been the social stigma and enforced feeling of shame associated with your sexuality - isn’t that the point of the “being proud” of Pride?"

No. For me I'm proud of achievements, not something that I naturally am.

over a year ago

" There's a lot of whistles. "

Give us a blow.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I used to go in my activist days. I'm too old, can't cope with crowds and noise now (except in small joyous doses).

I think I spent a lot of time ashamed of my sexuality but I'm not anymore.

over a year ago

"I used to go in my activist days. I'm too old, can't cope with crowds and noise now (except in small joyous doses).

"

I'm very pleased you no longer feel ashamed.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I used to go in my activist days. I'm too old, can't cope with crowds and noise now (except in small joyous doses).

I'm very pleased you no longer feel ashamed."

It's easier when you are no longer considered a sexual being.

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

It's easier when you are no longer considered a sexual being. "

I think you are a very sexy being x

over a year ago

It's easier when you are no longer considered a sexual being.

I think you are a very sexy being x "

Being sexy.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Well being straight, there’s not been the social stigma and enforced feeling of shame associated with your sexuality - isn’t that the point of the “being proud” of Pride?"

I agree. However, where's the "masturbator and proud" march? I'm sure people have felt shame for that to. Ask any child of religious parents.

over a year ago

I used to go along to the Manchester gay pride parades when i lived there ..always lots of fun and very little trouble..

over a year ago

Sexuality, strong and warm and wild and free.

over a year ago

"Sexuality, strong and warm and wild and free.

"

Yeah!

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Have never been to one but would like to - my bisexuality is just a part of me and one that took a long time for me to be able to embrace but I am glad I have done so but there's a whole lot more to me than just that

over a year ago

"I haven't been to a Gay Pride event, but I'd like to. Looks like a right old load of fun. Be you gay, or straight, whatever. Are you proud of your sexuality? For me my sexuality is innate, congenital, it's fixed. I'm neither proud or ashamed to be straight."

Come to Belfast Pride with me Jim!

over a year ago

"Have never been to one but would like to - my bisexuality is just a part of me and one that took a long time for me to be able to embrace but I am glad I have done so but there's a whole lot more to me than just that "

over a year ago

"I haven't been to a Gay Pride event, but I'd like to. Looks like a right old load of fun. Be you gay, or straight, whatever. Are you proud of your sexuality? For me my sexuality is innate, congenital, it's fixed. I'm neither proud or ashamed to be straight.

Come to Belfast Pride with me Jim! "

I'd love to.

over a year ago

"I haven't been to a Gay Pride event, but I'd like to. Looks like a right old load of fun. Be you gay, or straight, whatever. Are you proud of your sexuality? For me my sexuality is innate, congenital, it's fixed. I'm neither proud or ashamed to be straight.

Come to Belfast Pride with me Jim!

I'd love to."

So much fun

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/07/18 18:26:10]

over a year ago

Well being straight, there’s not been the social stigma and enforced feeling of shame associated with your sexuality - isn’t that the point of the “being proud” of Pride?

No. For me I'm proud of achievements, not something that I naturally am."

But that’s my point. You’ve had the luxury of not needing to reclaim a pride in something you naturally are as haven’t been made to feel ashamed of it ever.

over a year ago

I agree. However, where's the "masturbator and proud" march? I'm sure people have felt shame for that to. Ask any child of religious parents. "

I’ll come on that float with you, Clem.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

I agree. However, where's the "masturbator and proud" march? I'm sure people have felt shame for that to. Ask any child of religious parents.

I’ll come on that float with you, Clem. "

People may shout "bunch of wankers" at us..

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

No I've never been either,my daughter has been to a couple.

over a year ago

Float wankers!

over a year ago

"No I've never been either,my daughter has been to a couple."

We could do Canal Street in October.

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"No I've never been either,my daughter has been to a couple.

We could do Canal Street in October."

Sounds good to me.

over a year ago

"No I've never been either,my daughter has been to a couple.

We could do Canal Street in October.

Sounds good to me."

Fantastic!

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

Gay Pride Manchester a flat truck goes past with a whole load of hunky dunks on it pretending to be rugby players .... Babs jumps up and down shouting “throw your ball to me, me me me!” The hunky throws the ball which I catch, mega chuffed about that and then he stands with his body glistening in the sun waiting for me to throw it back to him ... oh this moving truck is hard to throw to. It’s gone too far! I draw my arm back and lob the ball ....... straight into the back of the head of an old dear watching the parade and knocked her clean off her feet. Oh how we laughed (not)!

Yes I have been and it was fun

over a year ago

People may shout "bunch of wankers" at us.."

Standard.

By *tonMessCouple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

My son is going to the London one tomorrow, I wish I was going with him but he's going with friends and his response to my suggesting I tag along was "Mother!? Just no! "

over a year ago

"Gay Pride Manchester a flat truck goes past with a whole load of hunky dunks on it pretending to be rugby players .... Babs jumps up and down shouting “throw your ball to me, me me me!” The hunky throws the ball which I catch, mega chuffed about that and then he stands with his body glistening in the sun waiting for me to throw it back to him ... oh this moving truck is hard to throw to. It’s gone too far! I draw my arm back and lob the ball ....... straight into the back of the head of an old dear watching the parade and knocked her clean off her feet. Oh how we laughed (not)!

Yes I have been and it was fun "

over a year ago

"Gay Pride Manchester a flat truck goes past with a whole load of hunky dunks on it pretending to be rugby players .... Babs jumps up and down shouting “throw your ball to me, me me me!” The hunky throws the ball which I catch, mega chuffed about that and then he stands with his body glistening in the sun waiting for me to throw it back to him ... oh this moving truck is hard to throw to. It’s gone too far! I draw my arm back and lob the ball ....... straight into the back of the head of an old dear watching the parade and knocked her clean off her feet. Oh how we laughed (not)!

Yes I have been and it was fun

"

What you emojid.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

People may shout "bunch of wankers" at us..

Standard."

over a year ago

I went to the Birmingham pride parade one year, was brilliant! I do think it's important to remember though that if you're straight, pride isn't for you. It's supposed to be an event for LGBT+ people to express themselves, be proud of their secuality/gender, and not be afraid of being made a spectacle/attacked by straight people.

Unfortunately attacks do happen, a friend of mine was attacked at pride for being trans, so please don't go as a straight person "because it looks fun", that's what makes it dangerous for LGBT+ people.

over a year ago

"I went to the Birmingham pride parade one year, was brilliant! I do think it's important to remember though that if you're straight, pride isn't for you. It's supposed to be an event for LGBT+ people to express themselves, be proud of their secuality/gender, and not be afraid of being made a spectacle/attacked by straight people.

Unfortunately attacks do happen, a friend of mine was attacked at pride for being trans, so please don't go as a straight person "because it looks fun", that's what makes it dangerous for LGBT+ people."

When I said Pride looks fun, I meant it would be fun to join in with the LGBT community.

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I went to the Birmingham pride parade one year, was brilliant! I do think it's important to remember though that if you're straight, pride isn't for you. It's supposed to be an event for LGBT+ people to express themselves, be proud of their secuality/gender, and not be afraid of being made a spectacle/attacked by straight people.

Unfortunately attacks do happen, a friend of mine was attacked at pride for being trans, so please don't go as a straight person "because it looks fun", that's what makes it dangerous for LGBT+ people."

How does it make it dangerous,I'm a straight person and wouldn't dream of attacking anyone. It's like saying straight people are just evil,why can't we just enjoy the fun altogether? My daughter is lesbian,can I not join her because I'm straight?

over a year ago

Going to Gran Canaria next year when gay pride week is on. Won't be holding any banners. Just going for a laugh x

By *agermeisterMan
over a year ago

Leeds

"I haven't been to a Gay Pride event, but I'd like to. Looks like a right old load of fun. Be you gay, or straight, whatever. Are you proud of your sexuality? For me my sexuality is innate, congenital, it's fixed. I'm neither proud or ashamed to be straight."

That's because you are not castigated, ostracised, beaten up, killed, belittled, disowned or generally looked down upon for being straight.

over a year ago

That's because you are not castigated, ostracised, beaten up, killed, belittled, disowned or generally looked down upon for being straight."

I've been belittled in the past. My original post was me thinking out loud. I did think that Gay Pride is almost singling the LGBT community out, should it be a thing. But then I realised I'm too idealistic, and Gay Pride should definitely be a thing.

over a year ago

For goodness sakes!! Surely the whole point is to make the world more inclusive, not segregated? All straight people don't attack others.

By *oatmythroatMan
over a year ago

crawley

This is horseshit. Pride is about celebrating the LGBT+ community and being proud of who you are. Straight people are more than welcome. Pride is probably one of the most inclusive events you could go to. We don’t leave anyone out. That goes against everything this community stands for. Equal rights for all.

Post new Message to Thread