Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Stressed out pussy!!

Jump to newest

By *risky_Mare OP   Woman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Had to take my little mog to the vets this morning for a check over 'cos I was away last week and she hasn't looked right since I've been back - just withdrawn and crying still!

Diagnosis is stress 'cos I left her poor little mite! All my previous cats have just run to meet me and been really pleased I'm home, or just been a bit sulky for a day or two.

How do your cats/pets react to your absence??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *W ChapMan
over a year ago

Swindon

Just very pleased to see me when I get back......said on another thread....best part of the day seeing their joy at seeing me.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Pooch is used to me being at work but he still goes apeshit when I get home . I look forward to going home every day

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I remember when we first put our cat (no longer with us) in a cattery whilst we were on holiday,prior to that she barely used to meow and would happily ignore us,she preferred the quiet life as she was pretty timid. For a few days after we brought her home she wouldn't leave me alone and was forever around my legs meowing.

It kinda brought us closer together. I miss her now its summer as she would come and lie inbetween my legs sunbathing with me.

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Even though my son's cat lives with him and his mom,I feel it is somehow psychic in that it knows the last day it will see me for a while and will give me a dirty scowl and turn her back on me (usually the sun evening I bring my son back to his moms')

over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Just very pleased to see me when I get back......said on another thread....best part of the day seeing their joy at seeing me. "

Yes, she's OK after a day or two, but the longer I go the worse she is. I wonder if she was abandoned after someone died or something.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Mine sulk.

When I am away for any length of time!

over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I remember when we first put our cat (no longer with us) in a cattery whilst we were on holiday,prior to that she barely used to meow and would happily ignore us,she preferred the quiet life as she was pretty timid. For a few days after we brought her home she wouldn't leave me alone and was forever around my legs meowing.

It kinda brought us closer together. I miss her now its summer as she would come and lie inbetween my legs sunbathing with me."

Yes, mine always sits on my legs when I'm on the sofa or in bed, she likes the contact.

By *W ChapMan
over a year ago

Swindon

"

Yes, she's OK after a day or two, but the longer I go the worse she is. I wonder if she was abandoned after someone died or something."

Possibly......I guess for them it's the not knowing if/when you'll be back...

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Stopped putting my dogs in kennels as they hold it against me for days after and the strop is obvious. They are much happier now I get someone into the house to look after them.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Clickbait

You owe me an inverted pussy story lady

over a year ago

My two dogs react the same whether I’ve been out for 5 minutes or 5 days. They go crazy as soon they see me and lick my face off for a few minutes, even if I only nip out for milk.

over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Clickbait

You owe me an inverted pussy story lady "

Moi??

over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Stopped putting my dogs in kennels as they hold it against me for days after and the strop is obvious. They are much happier now I get someone into the house to look after them.

"

Yes, there was someone here for most, but she was left alone for one day - never gonna do that again!

It didn't help that I spent the whole of the first day back away in hospital either, but she is looking much more normal now, getting playful.

over a year ago

My 2 are rescue cats from a family that had a toddler that was a little too handsy when i come in they scatter but when they realise its me they normally come meowing at me lol

Post new Message to Thread