Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Would you meet a hidden profile?

Jump to newest

By *erts_darlings1 OP   Couple
over a year ago

watford

We were contacted by a couple who from the message they sent us we thought we might like to meet with. Before we went any further, we obviously looked at there profile only to find it was hidden. We asked if we could see it to be told "don't worry, if you want to know anything, just ask!" We decided not to take it further.

Question is, would you meet someone with a hidden profile that you didn't already know?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"We were contacted by a couple who from the message they sent us we thought we might like to meet with. Before we went any further, we obviously looked at there profile only to find it was hidden. We asked if we could see it to be told "don't worry, if you want to know anything, just ask!" We decided not to take it further.

Question is, would you meet someone with a hidden profile that you didn't already know?

"

Nope

over a year ago

"We were contacted by a couple who from the message they sent us we thought we might like to meet with. Before we went any further, we obviously looked at there profile only to find it was hidden. We asked if we could see it to be told "don't worry, if you want to know anything, just ask!" We decided not to take it further.

"

Hell no

By *hiterabbit6Couple
over a year ago

Sexytown, Moray

Definite No!

Rabbit

over a year ago

"

No sure in my opinion the whole purpose of a profile is to give the reader and potentially the person you meet as much information on you as possible so the fact they where contacting you and yet did not want you to see it screams odd behaviour at me run

over a year ago

As I always chat for while anyway, to see if we do have some common ground, yes. It wouldn't bother me that their profile is hidden. So many are probably fake anyway, what does it matter?

By *TFSeventyMan
over a year ago

Weybridge

Not in a million years

over a year ago

No. I'd wonder why it was hidden, most people hide because they're not looking to meet or they are having an overhaul. If it was the former I'd wonder why I changed their mind and if it was the latter I'd wonder why it was changing and worry they were unsure what they're looking for and may be flaky.

over a year ago

"

Never - first question is "Why hiding?" already a put off

over a year ago

Just me living on the edge then?

All the perfectly lovely ladies I have chatted with have had their profiles hidden at some point.

over a year ago

watford

Never - first question is "Why hiding?" already a put off"

We have friends here who have hidden there profile but we know them anyway and know why they have hidden there profile so we do understand why people choose to hide there profile but what got us was it was such an eloquent message that was certainly hitting some of our buttons.

If we had taken it further, we could only see 1 of 2 outcomes.

1 = They vanished off the face of the earth.

2 = They turn up with paper bags on there heads and only communicate through whatsap with us even though we wound be sat opposite them!

Okay, number 2 isn't likely

over a year ago

We have friends here who have hidden there profile but we know them anyway and know why they have hidden there profile so we do understand why people choose to hide there profile but what got us was it was such an eloquent message that was certainly hitting some of our buttons.

2 = They turn up with paper bags on there heads and only communicate through whatsap with us even though we wound be sat opposite them!

Okay, number 2 isn't likely "

There's always 3: Interpretive Dance

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

No as I wouldnt know anything about them or if they appealed.

Same as with profiles that just say ask,no! .

over a year ago

You would want to see a picture or two I think to get a general feel for them. I dont mind basic ish profiles if they send photos along with messages. I do like to read a few words though and see how they think.

over a year ago

There are neumerous reasons why a profile could genuinely be hidden, I was chatting toa Lady some time ago who had hidden hers because she was fed up of 200 new messages every day for eg. Profiles are hidden to the general viewing membership, an accepted friend request gets past the barrier. If this was refused then I would think it strange if it was a supposedly genuine profile.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Definitely not for me x

By *mm and HerCouple
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

There's always 3: Interpretive Dance"

lol.

Or 4. Ask them why it's hidden, and to unhide at a specific time so you could see it. If they turn down a reasonable request, then they're likely to be unreasonable at some point...if they aren't actually a man that is!

over a year ago

watford

There's always 3: Interpretive Dance

lol.

Or 4. Ask them why it's hidden, and to unhide at a specific time so you could see it. If they turn down a reasonable request, then they're likely to be unreasonable at some point...if they aren't actually a man that is!"

They said that someone had been rude to them so they blocked them only to find they received the same messages from another new profile. They blocked that one too and reported it. That is fine and understandable. We did suggest a night when we knew we would be on line so they could contact us when they were on line and we could see there profile.

At first they said okay but then we got a message saying they weren't sure and would we meet them socially instead.

We would only meet socially anyway and take it from there.

We wished them good luck and said no.

They are still on here and still hidden.

over a year ago

I wouldn't even reply to a message from a hidden profile, let alone meet ( I'm one of those sad ones, who looks at a profile, before opening their message)

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Whilst I appreciate and understand the reasons people hide their profiles - if it was someone looking to meet right away that wouldn't let me see their profile then I think my guard would be well and truly up.

If it was someone willing to spend time (and I'm talking possibly weeks/months) getting to know me, and me them, through swapping messages, pics etc then I'd maybe consider it if they provided a genuine sounding reason early on for why they were hidden - but the opening message would have to be extremely eloquent and appealing.

over a year ago

Nope, if their profile's hidden then it tells us (me anyway) that they aren't really that keen on meeting - which may or may not be the case. It just seems a little odd to me.

C

over a year ago

A profile could be entirely made up of bollocks so in a way, it being hidden is irrelevant.

The fact that they said they wouldn't unhide it would put me off. I can't be arsed with game playing.

over a year ago

I have met a few hidden women, or are they just called no shows lol x

over a year ago

I blocked straight away even though some I’ve been chatting for a while.

over a year ago

"

of course why not, you chat you swap pics, you meet obviously if they don't swap any details then no

over a year ago

"

No way!

over a year ago

Absolutely not.

over a year ago

Definitely not

over a year ago

Hey what's the worst that could happen you meet people you don't know everyday , well I do anyways you chat, you like or not, you move on

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Did they include face pictures with their message?

If I found them attractive chances are I'd message and chat see if we got on.. the profile is a snap shot a 2 d representation o f the person behind it..it's only when you meet that you get the full 3d HD IMAX experience..

What was the quote I read the other day by Abraham Lincoln..

Not everything you read on the internet is true.

By *W ChapMan
over a year ago

Swindon

Of course once I'd been able to chat via another means. Loads of Fab profiles are made up or lies so you can't trust Fab for the integrity of people.

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

As someone with a hidden profile (I'm not meeting), I would not meet someone with a hidden profile. When my profile is live, it clearly states that I read profiles as part of my vetting process.

over a year ago

My profile is hidden most of the time and I have no problem meeting! I just show people my profile then rehide it though when it's hidden generally means I'm bored of here and not looking!

By *inkyChrissy99TV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

I hide mine a lot as i like to browse without getting silly messages to meet me.

If someone wants to see it that i fancy then i just unhide... The fact they don't want to would put me off tbh.

over a year ago

"

Not with that type of response. You did the right thing.

Simple rule I have, if they avoid or divert a particular question then they are hiding something. If they're hiding something what else will they not disclose. So its an instant move on or depending how my gut feeling is, a block.

over a year ago

Good golly no

over a year ago

watford

"Did they include face pictures with their message?

If I found them attractive chances are I'd message and chat see if we got on.. the profile is a snap shot a 2 d representation o f the person behind it..it's only when you meet that you get the full 3d HD IMAX experience..

What was the quote I read the other day by Abraham Lincoln..

Not everything you read on the internet is true. "

No photos just a promise of them before we meet, followed by "do you have any face photos we can see?"

over a year ago

Never !!!

#youknowwhoyouare

#lurker

#hiddencunts

over a year ago

No chance, I would delete the message instantly.

over a year ago

Yes why not

#livingdangerously

#unknownseekers

over a year ago

"

i wouldn't meet anyone without a face picture and a phone call 1st

over a year ago

No definitely wouldn't meet with anyone who would not show there profile unless we already knew them.

By *elma and ShaggyCouple
over a year ago

Bedworth

We wouldn’t even reply to their mail, let alone consider meeting them!

over a year ago

watford

Thank you for taking the time to comment, seems the general opinion is much the same as ours was.

In a bit of a twist though, they want to Skype with us on Friday.

Might be a different thread on Saturday

over a year ago

"

No!

over a year ago

"No chance, I would delete the message instantly. "
yes but surely you say that purely because you have so much choice that limitation doesn't need to be pondered?

Post new Message to Thread