Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tips for keeping cool

Jump to newest

By *dam1971 OP   Man
over a year ago

Bedford

Us Brits are completely unable to deal with prolonged hot weather, it’s 30 degrees out there and people are outside cycling hard or running then wondering why they don’t feel well afterwards.

As usual, the people of Fab can help with tips to stay cool until someone invents air conditioned skin.

At home, keep the windows and curtains closed during the day so the rooms are as dark as possible. In the evening you can open the windows on the side of the house that’s in shade and try to get a breeze running through.

Crack open the loft hatch to let all the warm air upstairs escape into the roof area.

If you’re hot at night run a towel under the cold water, wring it out and lay under it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Only works for couples.

Start a huge argument with your partner, the frosty atmosphere should remain for up to a couple of weeks.

If the argument is good enough you'll get frozen out of the bedroom

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It never gets that hot in Norwich...in any sense

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

Im lovely and cool .... walking around naked ....With a fan on

over a year ago

"Us Brits are completely unable to deal with prolonged hot weather, it’s 30 degrees out there and people are outside cycling hard or running then wondering why they don’t feel well afterwards.

As usual, the people of Fab can help with tips to stay cool until someone invents air conditioned skin.

At home, keep the windows and curtains closed during the day so the rooms are as dark as possible. In the evening you can open the windows on the side of the house that’s in shade and try to get a breeze running through.

Crack open the loft hatch to let all the warm air upstairs escape into the roof area.

If you’re hot at night run a towel under the cold water, wring it out and lay under it. "

I love it, I just enjoy that we are getting great weather us brits pay a fortune travelling to the sun we have it here, cycle go to beach, climb a mountain get out there and enjoy you can have cool the other 35 weeks of the year

over a year ago

I put a bottle of frozen salt water in front of the fan, poor mans air conditioning.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Let's get naked!

over a year ago

"Let's get naked! "
I will be soon

over a year ago

"I put a bottle of frozen salt water in front of the fan, poor mans air conditioning."

Why salt water rather than fresh? Lower freezing point?

over a year ago

Get in the fridge

over a year ago

"Get in the fridge"

We're not all as tiny as you

over a year ago

"Us Brits are completely unable to deal with prolonged hot weather, it’s 30 degrees out there and people are outside cycling hard or running then wondering why they don’t feel well afterwards.

If you’re hot at night run a towel under the cold water, wring it out and lay under it. I love it, I just enjoy that we are getting great weather us brits pay a fortune travelling to the sun we have it here, cycle go to beach, climb a mountain get out there and enjoy you can have cool the other 35 weeks of the year "

I have hashimoto’s which leaves me intolerant to extreme temperature on either end of the scale. Mild and rainy suits me just fine. Safe to say I’ve been suffering this year!!

By *exyspecs and supermanCouple
over a year ago

A house, a very big house in the country

Cold flannel or ice/ice pack on the insides of your wrists

Ss

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

"Us Brits are completely unable to deal with prolonged hot weather, it’s 30 degrees out there and people are outside cycling hard or running then wondering why they don’t feel well afterwards. "

It's all about perspective -I grew up on another continent thanks to expat parents and was a competitive sportsman as a young adult in said continent -I would think nothing of training in 30 deg plus heat then -the problem arises when you dont build up to it gradually and think you can suddenly push yourself just as hard in twice the tempetrature -the key is to switch your training spells to the early morning or late evening when you arent struggling against the full heat of the day.

over a year ago

Loiter around the freezers in a supermarket.

over a year ago

"I put a bottle of frozen salt water in front of the fan, poor mans air conditioning.

Why salt water rather than fresh? Lower freezing point?"

No idea, it's some witchcrafty sciencey stuff I don't understand. I just know it cools the air that comes off the fan.

over a year ago

If you’re hot at night run a towel under the cold water, wring it out and lay under it. I love it, I just enjoy that we are getting great weather us brits pay a fortune travelling to the sun we have it here, cycle go to beach, climb a mountain get out there and enjoy you can have cool the other 35 weeks of the year

I have hashimoto’s which leaves me intolerant to extreme temperature on either end of the scale. Mild and rainy suits me just fine. Safe to say I’ve been suffering this year!! "

awwww hey nothing worse than allergies and illness luckily I don't I have a good immune system but extreme heat can be too much, I would never move to a hot country but that said loving this summer

By *dam1971 OP   Man
over a year ago

Bedford

"Loiter around the freezers in a supermarket. "

With no bra on. I know, I had to put on safety goggles

By *onnie And Clyde9070Couple
over a year ago

Leeds

Ceiling fans. A gift from Heaven.

We have one directly over our bed and the cool breeze it delivers is blissful.

over a year ago

"Ceiling fans. A gift from Heaven.

We have one directly over our bed and the cool breeze it delivers is blissful. "

until you need to get something on top of kitchen cupboard

over a year ago

"I put a bottle of frozen salt water in front of the fan, poor mans air conditioning.

Why salt water rather than fresh? Lower freezing point?

No idea, it's some witchcrafty sciencey stuff I don't understand. I just know it cools the air that comes off the fan. "

I'll have to give it a try.

FOR SCIENCE!

By *idnight OwlWoman
over a year ago

P ~ WR10

Get your kit off

over a year ago

"Get your kit off "

No one wants to see me do that

over a year ago

Bribe Pooch to bri g you mini milk lolly ices on the proviso he gets one too

over a year ago

Have a cup of tea!

over a year ago

I usually dip my beautiful bell end in cold water to make my body temperatures to drop and to manage to keep it cool while it is hot outside

Post new Message to Thread