Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Was going to meet !!!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I had been chatting to this guy a while back,and was going to meet him untill he told me a previous meet he had was messaging his meets warning them off,and basically making his life a bit of a misery

after a long think about this,i decided not to meet him,after him telling me he had removed her friends status and she could no longer contact him...would like to know if anyone else has experienced this and how did you deal with it ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/11/11 07:18:20]

over a year ago

He was honest and open...

If I badmouth you... Does that mean Im right...

Should I listen to the opinion of a person who is prepared to badmouth someone else...

If Barry Norman said a film was sh1t... I always went to see it...

As always, when meeting a new man, you will have some sort of security backup...(!!!!)

Is this the only reason you cant meet this man...

Do you really need to meet this man...

Are you going to miss out on something special because you believe someone elses opinion...

These questions, and many more, to be answered on next weeks episode of...Soap..

Good luck...;-)

over a year ago

"He was honest and open...

If I badmouth you... Does that mean Im right...

Should I listen to the opinion of a person who is prepared to badmouth someone else...

If Barry Norman said a film was sh1t... I always went to see it...

As always, when meeting a new man, you will have some sort of security backup...(!!!!)

Is this the only reason you cant meet this man...

Do you really need to meet this man...

Are you going to miss out on something special because you believe someone elses opinion...

These questions, and many more, to be answered on next weeks episode of...Soap..

Good luck...;-)"

Or it could be that the guy was/is an arse and knew an ex-meet had been warning people about him and decided to pre-empt her by getting in first.

There are plenty of decent guys on here and the OP just doesn't need the hassle, so the way I see it is "he could be a genuine guy, but why take the risk?"

over a year ago

"Or it could be that the guy was/is an arse and knew an ex-meet had been warning people about him and decided to pre-empt her by getting in first.

There are plenty of decent guys on here and the OP just doesn't need the hassle, so the way I see it is "he could be a genuine guy, but why take the risk?""

Agreed.

over a year ago

I meant to add that he could be a genuine guy with an ex-problem, or he's a dick - either way, it's a problem you don't need.

By *azzaahhWoman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

but how would she even know you was meeting to warn you off ..unless he tells her

By *azzaahhWoman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

[Removed by poster at 18/11/11 07:25:57]

By *onnoisseur100Man
over a year ago

Woking-ish

I'm curious as to how this is possible, a previous meet knows who this gent is in contact with?

If I read it right he's being very open and honest by telling the op in advance of a possible problem.

Isn't he?

over a year ago

"but how would she even know you was meeting to warn you off ..unless he tells her "

By checking his verifications? - if he's daft enough to make them public knowing he has a fruit loop following him around. Possibly.

By *o Peep n WoodyCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

"but how would she even know you was meeting to warn you off ..unless he tells her "

My thoughts exactly.....

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I had a problem with an unknown member trying to cause me hassle for a short while.

It didn't mean I was any more (or less) of a dick, and luckily those that were aware of it were supportive and didn't turn it into a vicious circle.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I think if anyone listens to gossip and malign comments and lets them prevent a meet from happening then their priorities are a bit skewed. Having had people lie and gossip about me for years a few years ago (after a misunderstanding) I would have appreciated the guys honesty, then forgottem about it until I could make my own opinion.

Obiously doing one off meets reduces the chances of being stuck with an arsehole, but the thought of a couple of messages from a woman scorned would not put me off meeting anyone.

By *azzaahhWoman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

You obviously wanted to met him so go meet him but just don't verify him and don't accept friend request so she wont know you and him are in contact

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"You obviously wanted to met him so go meet him but just don't verify him and don't accept friend request so she wont know you and him are in contact "

Good advice. Then if she DOES get in contact then things will be clearer. Anyway, deleting messages and blocking people is not the hardest thing to do on here.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

We try not to listen to gossip and like to make our own minds up about people.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

sometimes you can over think things. you liked him before, you felt safe enough to met him before, presumably you were going to follow all the advice about meeting somehere public first to make sure he is not a mad axe man etc

over a year ago

"You obviously wanted to met him so go meet him but just don't verify him and don't accept friend request so she wont know you and him are in contact "

A good call that way you get the fun bun no bunny boiler stalking you.

over a year ago

I would have still met the guy.

I have my OWN mind...

I know how vindictive some people can be...

I know innocent folk can get caught up in horrible hate campaigns for no other reason than rejection...

I social meet would have me make my mind up whether I fancy a bit of NSA sex or not.

It could be a complete twot or a perfect one off partner to meet me and the OH for some fun...

Who knows?

It seems the 'lady' is winning with her little hate campaign

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

It is probably the same as when a new female arrives, meets guys, they check others who have met her... a bit like marking their territory.

She may have developed feeling for him and was warning others off.

Has happened before.

By *azzaahhWoman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

"It is probably the same as when a new female arrives, meets guys, they check others who have met her... a bit like marking their territory.

She may have developed feeling for him and was warning others off.

Has happened before.

i had that ..one fb check another out ..kinds felt good lol

"

over a year ago

Luckily Ive never been affected by 'bunny boilers' but a mate of mine was. I knew him realy quite well and when some one started having a strop and spreading lies about him it was realy quite difficult to manage the situation. He almost left the site, it got that bad.

Dont believe the hype. You liked the guy before, meet im. Keep your eyes, ears and mind oen, if he turns out to be a tit, well what have you lost?

over a year ago

"I would have still met the guy.

I have my OWN mind...

I know how vindictive some people can be...

I know innocent folk can get caught up in horrible hate campaigns for no other reason than rejection...

I social meet would have me make my mind up whether I fancy a bit of NSA sex or not.

It could be a complete twot or a perfect one off partner to meet me and the OH for some fun...

Who knows?

It seems the 'lady' is winning with her little hate campaign "

+1

over a year ago

If I had already decided to meet the guy then I would have carried on and met him and not allowed someone else's opinion to get in the way as I must have liked him enough in first place to have agreed to meet him .

Always did a social meet first as a single f so from that I would have decided whether to go on to a proper meet.

over a year ago

"I had been chatting to this guy a while back,and was going to meet him untill he told me a previous meet he had was messaging his meets warning them off,and basically making his life a bit of a misery

after a long think about this,i decided not to meet him,after him telling me he had removed her friends status and she could no longer contact him...would like to know if anyone else has experienced this and how did you deal with it ?"

I would say that unless the man is an idiot, he would hide his verifications and block the lady in question, thus preventing her from _iewing and therefore contacting any subsequent meets.

Thus ensuring your safety, so why would you worry about meeting him?

Or is it the manner in which he made the comments about her that made you uneasy?

Either way, instincts are there for a reason, I usually trust mine.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

We have not experienced this...but if we had .....We make our own minds up, we meet who we want to, we don't let what others say influence that.

Post new Message to Thread