Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

bad drivers is it where they live that makes them so bad

Jump to newest

By *im2006 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

I'm not saying I'm great at driving but sometimes I wonder if it's where people live that makes them so bad example I followed someone in Hertfordshire oblivious to speed on roads chatting away driving 18miles a hour in 40 and 50 limit not worrying about traffic he caused behind them and again in essex bad drivers to its scary

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

When I moved to Essex, I was told I would have to drive badly, or I would be deported back to Surrey...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ive lived in Manchester all my life then moved to Cumbria5 years ago and my ex partner said I used to drive aggressively. When she came to Manchester with me she said she could see why I drive the way I do

over a year ago

Hey all

By *im2006 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Not seen many good drivers in Essex so you must of fitted in fine lol

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"Not seen many good drivers in Essex so you must of fitted in fine lol "

I have a deportation date..

over a year ago

I've driven in cities all over the Uk. Regular visitor to Scotland and my experience shows me that there are terrible drivers in my home town, rude aggressive and just can't drive.

By *orseydaveMan
over a year ago

Norwich NR5

Standard of driving has gone down simply because we now live in a "me me me" world, and the majority of drivers drive asthough they own the road.

By *ocbigMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Standard of driving has gone down simply because we now live in a "me me me" world, and the majority of drivers drive asthough they own the road."

As a regular cyclist I can attest to the fact that I am often told that they actually do...

over a year ago

Know where you’re coming from, am sure some people got their license from a breakfast cereal box

By *icplshropsCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Coming from Australia and regularly going back for visits, I have noticed a significant difference between British and Australian drivers. The British are most likely to break the limit, break other road rules, commit road rage and aggressively drive behind law abiding vehicles. Furthermore, the drivers who drive like ‘Sunday’ drivers every day.

On the flip side, British drivers are more polite than Australian drivers, by letting people out of difficult junctions, heavy traffic, etc.

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man
over a year ago

newport

Not so much where they live it’s what they drive BMW and Prius drivers seem to be the worse

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

I drive through Bradford regularly and the behaviour of the car drivers is far worse than Leeds,

the cyclists in Bradford seem to observe the laws of the road better than the cyclists in Leeds though..

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

"I drive through Bradford regularly and the behaviour of the car drivers is far worse than Leeds,

the cyclists in Bradford seem to observe the laws of the road better than the cyclists in Leeds though..

"

Agree. Think it's the high level of leased high power cars in young driver hands. And a high proportion of these drivers that think their God will protect them.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"Not so much where they live it’s what they drive BMW and Prius drivers seem to be the worse "

Don't tar us all with the same brush!

As a cyclist who has ridden pretty much all over the UK.

I can definitely say there is a huge difference in the way people drive.

The drivers around Winchester/Hampshire are by far the most courteous, Nottinghamshire a close second.

Where I live, pretty appalling & The Isle of White... Shocking, but I am also thinking alot would have been holiday makers, so not fair to blame the locals.

By *im2006 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Forgot to say prius drivers the worst ever they refuse to get over 50 miles as it starts using there petrol in them they cause more hold ups on road than most and don't get me started on 4x4 drivers if the car is to big for you to drive do us all a favour and get smaller car you can drive

over a year ago

4x4 and suvs have no place on a housing estate. They block spaces in car parks as they are too big.

Usually.only used for school runs and supermarkets. On lease .

over a year ago

"I drive through Bradford regularly and the behaviour of the car drivers is far worse than Leeds,

"

Bradford is like the Wild West, friends who don’t live there are terrified, but I’ve yet to see a Leeds driver who knows what the indicator is for at a roundabout.

By *icplshropsCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Bournemouth...just saying!

over a year ago

The town I live in at the moment is bar far the worst I have ever experienced.

Everyday just driving across it to work I have people pulling out on me or running red lights. No one gives a shit.

over a year ago

"I'm not saying I'm great at driving but sometimes I wonder if it's where people live that makes them so bad example I followed someone in Hertfordshire oblivious to speed on roads chatting away driving 18miles a hour in 40 and 50 limit not worrying about traffic he caused behind them and again in essex bad drivers to its scary "

With the risk of coming across as xenophobic I have to agree; - far too slow in good driving conditions yet far too fast when the weather's shite - & with the audacity to believe that they're somehow superior due to chosen vehicle!

That was my first experience of driving in Britain, sorry.

By *ion xxMan
over a year ago

coventry

Nah Audi drivers are the new bmw dickheads.....

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

In my years working around the UK, I have found that the further North you go, the better the driving standards seem to be.

In London and the South, you don't so much as drive a car, but you throw it around the roads. Everyone is hell bentbon getting from A to B in as short a time as possible and woe betide anyone who gets in their way driving at less than 100mph! Common Courtesy goes out of the window and every inch of road-space is reserved!

Travel North and standards generally improve; maybe some major cities could do with driver improvements but on the whole, it's all better!

over a year ago

The biggest problem is motorists view driving a a right and forget it's a privelege. And that we have a justice system that is hesitant to take licences away be that temporarily and certainly permanently. And that has nothing to do with location

over a year ago

"I'm not saying I'm great at driving but sometimes I wonder if it's where people live that makes them so bad example I followed someone in Hertfordshire oblivious to speed on roads chatting away driving 18miles a hour in 40 and 50 limit not worrying about traffic he caused behind them and again in essex bad drivers to its scary "
Hey personally I don't blame the drivers who drive well under limits the system in place for speeding, speed cameras, points on your licence etc drove me to hating to drive and I've always enjoyed it, today's cars aren't built to move at 30 mph everyone speeds at some point

By *0tt0nSu3Woman
over a year ago

London

"The biggest problem is motorists view driving a a right and forget it's a privelege. And that we have a justice system that is hesitant to take licences away be that temporarily and certainly permanently. And that has nothing to do with location "

Also the decrease in the number of traffic police is an issue.

When I learnt how to drive, I was taught that undertaking was illegal. It's something that you see everyday now.

over a year ago

"The biggest problem is motorists view driving a a right and forget it's a privelege. And that we have a justice system that is hesitant to take licences away be that temporarily and certainly permanently. And that has nothing to do with location

Also the decrease in the number of traffic police is an issue.

When I learnt how to drive, I was taught that undertaking was illegal. It's something that you see everyday now."

yes and undertakers

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/07/18 07:56:49]

over a year ago

I must be a really great driver. When im in one of my tractors driving along my local A road nearly everybody waves and bangs their horn as they pass

By *athnBobCouple
over a year ago

sandwell

"Not so much where they live it’s what they drive BMW and Prius drivers seem to be the worse "

Nahhh ... white Audi's and white Mercs are by far the worst. Very popular in our area.

over a year ago

No, I drive, city, motorway and rural. There are bad drivers everywhere.

By *icplshropsCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Bournemouth...just saying!

Post new Message to Thread