Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Instant messaging

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What is really frustrating about instant messaging is the immediacy of it.

I mean, so when someone messages you and it feels like a start of an immediate conversation and so you answer, because you’re like yay, I can chat to them right now, and they’re gone again.

I prefer handwritten letters methinks, it tempers my excitability!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im guilty of this. I often start messaging then fuck of to tescos. Most of my friends are guilty of it as well. My friends just come back from holiday and we where in the middle of discussing it and she fucked off and that was hours ago

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It’s sort of instant

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Haha. I’m guilty of having my phone around at all times and I’m quite quick to reply. It is blinking annoying when the person I’m messaging has a more laissez faire attitude.

I love a letter. My only correspondence these days comes from my beautiful lady in New Zealand. Her letters make my eyes leak and my heart burst with love. A whatsapp can’t do that.

over a year ago

"Im guilty of this. I often start messaging then fuck of to tescos. Most of my friends are guilty of it as well. My friends just come back from holiday and we where in the middle of discussing it and she fucked off and that was hours ago"

I’m more patient with friends. It’s when it’s someone you fancy and it’s like whooooop, ohhhh.

over a year ago

"It’s sort of instant"

Instant in, instant out!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’m quite bad for typing out a reply and then not pressing send then spend a few hours wondering why they haven’t replied

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Im guilty of this. I often start messaging then fuck of to tescos. Most of my friends are guilty of it as well. My friends just come back from holiday and we where in the middle of discussing it and she fucked off and that was hours ago

I’m more patient with friends. It’s when it’s someone you fancy and it’s like whooooop, ohhhh. "

they will be back if they are intetested. People have lives

over a year ago

"Haha. I’m guilty of having my phone around at all times and I’m quite quick to reply. It is blinking annoying when the person I’m messaging has a more laissez faire attitude.

I love a letter. My only correspondence these days comes from my beautiful lady in New Zealand. Her letters make my eyes leak and my heart burst with love. A whatsapp can’t do that. "

Yes, I think I might purge instant messenging from my life. Letter writing, or phone calls, or person to person instead. I think it might be more conducive to stopping my yo-yo-ing.

over a year ago

"I’m quite bad for typing out a reply and then not pressing send then spend a few hours wondering why they haven’t replied "
. I’m very guilty of this

over a year ago

"I’m quite bad for typing out a reply and then not pressing send then spend a few hours wondering why they haven’t replied "

Which reminds me, I’ve not replied to you! Eeeek.

over a year ago

"Im guilty of this. I often start messaging then fuck of to tescos. Most of my friends are guilty of it as well. My friends just come back from holiday and we where in the middle of discussing it and she fucked off and that was hours ago

I’m more patient with friends. It’s when it’s someone you fancy and it’s like whooooop, ohhhh. they will be back if they are intetested. People have lives"

You are absolutely correct. I’m just venting rather than bouncing.

over a year ago

Id love a handwritten letter, written with a fountain pen in swirly almost illegible writing. Sit by your bedroom window and wait for postie to deliver it on his horse. (Perhaps Kik is easier )

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

"Haha. I’m guilty of having my phone around at all times and I’m quite quick to reply. It is blinking annoying when the person I’m messaging has a more laissez faire attitude.

I love a letter. My only correspondence these days comes from my beautiful lady in New Zealand. Her letters make my eyes leak and my heart burst with love. A whatsapp can’t do that.

Yes, I think I might purge instant messenging from my life. Letter writing, or phone calls, or person to person instead. I think it might be more conducive to stopping my yo-yo-ing. "

Yo-yo-ing? I’m not sure I know what you mean. However a purge sounds good. When I look at how many messaging/social platforms I use it’s bloody ridiculous.

over a year ago

Yes, I think I might purge instant messenging from my life. Letter writing, or phone calls, or person to person instead. I think it might be more conducive to stopping my yo-yo-ing. "

Why do you go full on old school and get a corded phone in your hallway on it’s own table with a seat

over a year ago

"Id love a handwritten letter, written with a fountain pen in swirly almost illegible writing. Sit by your bedroom window and wait for postie to deliver it on his horse. (Perhaps Kik is easier ) "

I like to aspire for great things. If I ever marry it will be to a man that writes me handwritten letters.

over a year ago

"Id love a handwritten letter, written with a fountain pen in swirly almost illegible writing. Sit by your bedroom window and wait for postie to deliver it on his horse. (Perhaps Kik is easier )

I like to aspire for great things. If I ever marry it will be to a man that writes me handwritten letters. "

Aspire to*

over a year ago

Yes, I think I might purge instant messenging from my life. Letter writing, or phone calls, or person to person instead. I think it might be more conducive to stopping my yo-yo-ing.

Yo-yo-ing? I’m not sure I know what you mean. However a purge sounds good. When I look at how many messaging/social platforms I use it’s bloody ridiculous. "

The up down up down of excitement disappointment thoughts about what I’m feeling and racing catastrophising and war and peace that I can go through in the why did they message one message right now that I responded to and disappear immediately shenanigans and so on.

over a year ago

"Id love a handwritten letter, written with a fountain pen in swirly almost illegible writing. Sit by your bedroom window and wait for postie to deliver it on his horse. (Perhaps Kik is easier )

I like to aspire for great things. If I ever marry it will be to a man that writes me handwritten letters. "

Simple joys xx

By *wesomepearWoman
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

"Why do you go full on old school and get a corded phone in your hallway on it’s own table with a seat "

Many a happy hours spent sat on the stairs as a teenager chatting on the phone to friends (we had a table but no seat) lol

over a year ago

Why do you go full on old school and get a corded phone in your hallway on it’s own table with a seat "

I want a wall mounted one with a long cord so I can walk around whilst on the phone.

God I remember arranging with a certain boy in my youth to call me on a Sunday afternoon (it was every Sunday afternoon for a while) and waiting for that phone to ring and then the hours chatting and giggling and oh god it was exciting. His name was Joe. By god he was wonderful.

over a year ago

I like to aspire for great things. If I ever marry it will be to a man that writes me handwritten letters.

Simple joys xx"

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Aspire to*"

If the post office don't lose them.

Maybe it's the message that matters more than the medium?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Yo-yo-ing? I’m not sure I know what you mean. However a purge sounds good. When I look at how many messaging/social platforms I use it’s bloody ridiculous.

The up down up down of excitement disappointment thoughts about what I’m feeling and racing catastrophising and war and peace that I can go through in the why did they message one message right now that I responded to and disappear immediately shenanigans and so on."

reading your threads makes me realise im lucky to not be an over thinker. Are you not constantly worn out?

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

The up down up down of excitement disappointment thoughts about what I’m feeling and racing catastrophising and war and peace that I can go through in the why did they message one message right now that I responded to and disappear immediately shenanigans and so on."

Ah. In that case I’ve been there. I’ve obsessed. I’ve blamed myself. I’ve imagined all sorts. And do you know all it did was made me a little (OK. A lot) batshit. I realised that it didn’t fucking matter and my ice queen core made me see sense again. We’re worth more than hanging by the telephone. You’ll be just fine x

over a year ago

Aspire to*

Maybe it's the message that matters more than the medium?"

Mmm. No.

The bother/effort of a handwritten letter would go to alleviate the fear of being a disposal distraction, if you get me?

over a year ago

There is a certain joy to be had from immediate messages, you can actually have a conversation but it also promotes half thoughts and fragmented replies.

I’m terrible for writing sentences.

Then adding.

Thinking of something else.

Oh this is funny too.

over a year ago

The up down up down of excitement disappointment thoughts about what I’m feeling and racing catastrophising and war and peace that I can go through in the why did they message one message right now that I responded to and disappear immediately shenanigans and so on.reading your threads makes me realise im lucky to not be an over thinker. Are you not constantly worn out?"

I guess. Sorry.

over a year ago

The up down up down of excitement disappointment thoughts about what I’m feeling and racing catastrophising and war and peace that I can go through in the why did they message one message right now that I responded to and disappear immediately shenanigans and so on.

Ah. In that case I’ve been there. I’ve obsessed. I’ve blamed myself. I’ve imagined all sorts. And do you know all it did was made me a little (OK. A lot) batshit. I realised that it didn’t fucking matter and my ice queen core made me see sense again. We’re worth more than hanging by the telephone. You’ll be just fine x"

I do it to myself!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

The up down up down of excitement disappointment thoughts about what I’m feeling and racing catastrophising and war and peace that I can go through in the why did they message one message right now that I responded to and disappear immediately shenanigans and so on.reading your threads makes me realise im lucky to not be an over thinker. Are you not constantly worn out?

I guess. Sorry."

dont be sorry your threads give me an incite into how other people think

over a year ago

"There is a certain joy to be had from immediate messages, you can actually have a conversation but it also promotes half thoughts and fragmented replies.

I’m terrible for writing sentences.

Then adding.

Thinking of something else.

Oh this is funny too.

"

over a year ago

The up down up down of excitement disappointment thoughts about what I’m feeling and racing catastrophising and war and peace that I can go through in the why did they message one message right now that I responded to and disappear immediately shenanigans and so on.reading your threads makes me realise im lucky to not be an over thinker. Are you not constantly worn out?

I guess. Sorry.dont be sorry your threads give me an incite into how other people think"

Terrifying isn’t it?!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/07/18 19:28:30]

over a year ago

Never mind

I’ll put a letter in the post on Monday

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

I guess. Sorry.dont be sorry your threads give me an incite into how other people think

Terrifying isn’t it?! "

not terrifying but explains alot

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Ah. In that case I’ve been there. I’ve obsessed. I’ve blamed myself. I’ve imagined all sorts. And do you know all it did was made me a little (OK. A lot) batshit. I realised that it didn’t fucking matter and my ice queen core made me see sense again. We’re worth more than hanging by the telephone. You’ll be just fine x

I do it to myself! "

To paraphrase Just by Radiohead.

There’s no shame in it. It’s human. Just don’t go batshit crazy. I did. I don’t recommend it. However I can be living proof of overcoming it and actually looking back. I can’t believe I was such a dick

over a year ago

He just messaged. Hang on.

over a year ago

In Devon we still use carrier pigeon and smoke signals, I’m only using this cause the pigeon rung in sick with bird flu and my neighbour has got her washing out.

over a year ago

"He just messaged. Hang on. "

So he wrote a message and as I was thinking of my response he sent another message saying “no response?!” - snort.

over a year ago

"Never mind

I’ll put a letter in the post on Monday "

please do

over a year ago

I guess. Sorry.dont be sorry your threads give me an incite into how other people think

Terrifying isn’t it?! not terrifying but explains alot"

I do have a noisy head.

over a year ago

I do it to myself!

To paraphrase Just by Radiohead.

There’s no shame in it. It’s human. Just don’t go batshit crazy. I did. I don’t recommend it. However I can be living proof of overcoming it and actually looking back. I can’t believe I was such a dick "

I have gone full dick.

over a year ago

"In Devon we still use carrier pigeon and smoke signals, I’m only using this cause the pigeon rung in sick with bird flu and my neighbour has got her washing out."

Very decent of you. How is Essex?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Terrifying isn’t it?! not terrifying but explains alot

I do have a noisy head. "

it also explains perfectly to me your thread the other day that i didnt understand

By *ineMan
over a year ago

Aspire to*

Mmm. No.

The bother/effort of a handwritten letter would go to alleviate the fear of being a disposal distraction, if you get me?"

Disposal distraction....the hidden curse of fab?

I'll get my frock coat put on my riding boots saddle my trusty white steed and commence presently the three day journey to bring a copperplate missive to your door...

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Cordelia. Stop it you massive dick.

over a year ago

I do have a noisy head. it also explains perfectly to me your thread the other day that i didnt understand"

DubiousOatcake seemed to summarise it better than I could. I was stuck!

over a year ago

Aspire to*

Mmm. No.

The bother/effort of a handwritten letter would go to alleviate the fear of being a disposal distraction, if you get me?

I'll get my frock coat put on my riding boots saddle my trusty white steed and commence presently the three day journey to bring a copperplate missive to your door..."

*disposable that was supposed to say.

I think I’d probably fit into an Austen book better than the current world!

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Oh Es.

over a year ago

"Cordelia. Stop it you massive dick. "

Yes, Mac.

We still need rums.

over a year ago

Oh yes, instant messaging, so frustrating.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I do that all the time

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

"Cordelia. Stop it you massive dick.

Yes, Mac.

We still need rums. "

There’s a direct train from this Blackpool to that London now! I may just bring the Sailor to you this summer.

over a year ago

"Oh Es. "

I know! I know! I’m just dear diary-ing to the world. And to be honest dreaming the poor chap out massively! I don’t care, it’s me! This is me! I’m an almighty dick! But I’m okay, you know?!

over a year ago

"Oh Es.

I know! I know! I’m just dear diary-ing to the world. And to be honest dreaming the poor chap out massively! I don’t care, it’s me! This is me! I’m an almighty dick! But I’m okay, you know?! "

Freaking* not dreaming!!

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

I blame WhatsApp and those bloody ticks.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

I do have a noisy head. it also explains perfectly to me your thread the other day that i didnt understand

DubiousOatcake seemed to summarise it better than I could. I was stuck!"

i didnt go back to the thread so didnt see what he put. I think the reason you keep getting hurt is you put far to many expectations on someone and expecting them to have the same mind set as you where as in reality not everyone thinks like you. I think you would be less hurt if you didnt put such high exoectations on people

By *ykeymm8Man
over a year ago

southampton

My issue is poor signal and spotty wifi. Send a message get little dots because im out of signal and wait for it to go through. If i repeat myself ut will invariably go through at the wrong time making me look odd

over a year ago

"Oh yes, instant messaging, so frustrating."

Oh Jim, are you publicly spanking me for being slow in answering you too?! I’m such a hypocrite!!

Aaaaaghhhhhh!!!

over a year ago

"I’m quite bad for typing out a reply and then not pressing send then spend a few hours wondering why they haven’t replied

I do that all the time "

over a year ago

Yes, Mac.

We still need rums.

There’s a direct train from this Blackpool to that London now! I may just bring the Sailor to you this summer. "

Let’s do it!

By *ykeymm8Man
over a year ago

southampton

"What is really frustrating about instant messaging is the immediacy of it.

I mean, so when someone messages you and it feels like a start of an immediate conversation and so you answer, because you’re like yay, I can chat to them right now, and they’re gone again.

I prefer handwritten letters methinks, it tempers my excitability! "

Well im often about so feel free to say hi if bored. Im quite normal on chat unless you get me frisky

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"It’s sort of instant

Instant in, instant out!"

I was thinking more like coffee.

over a year ago

"I blame WhatsApp and those bloody ticks. "

Hideous contraption.

over a year ago

"In Devon we still use carrier pigeon and smoke signals, I’m only using this cause the pigeon rung in sick with bird flu and my neighbour has got her washing out.

Very decent of you. How is Essex?"

Sort of like Exeter, but with added sex.

over a year ago

I do have a noisy head. it also explains perfectly to me your thread the other day that i didnt understand

DubiousOatcake seemed to summarise it better than I could. I was stuck!i didnt go back to the thread so didnt see what he put. I think the reason you keep getting hurt is you put far to many expectations on someone and expecting them to have the same mind set as you where as in reality not everyone thinks like you. I think you would be less hurt if you didnt put such high exoectations on people"

You’re absolutely right. And it’s not something I don’t know.

over a year ago

Ah the days of text speak, shortening words so you could fit it all in one text and not have to pay for two

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Yes, Mac.

We still need rums.

There’s a direct train from this Blackpool to that London now! I may just bring the Sailor to you this summer.

Let’s do it! "

Let's do it!

Let's do it

Do it while the mood is right!

I'm feeling

Appealing

I've really got an appetite

over a year ago

"My issue is poor signal and spotty wifi. Send a message get little dots because im out of signal and wait for it to go through. If i repeat myself ut will invariably go through at the wrong time making me look odd"

Don’t ever look odd to people! I’m very careful about not letting people see my odd!

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'm crap at instant messaging. On here I can rein it in so it's not such a spiel of nonsense by editing things and thinking better of sending some things. I get that excitability thing you little hypocrite (meant with love).

Carry on dear-diarying, it makes for an endearing, amusing read.

By *ilkchocolate87Man
over a year ago

sw london

Well if I like someone I’ll message back immediately if I’m online. More in fear that if I don’t some other man will

over a year ago

"What is really frustrating about instant messaging is the immediacy of it.

I prefer handwritten letters methinks, it tempers my excitability!

Well im often about so feel free to say hi if bored. Im quite normal on chat unless you get me frisky "

Thanks

over a year ago

"It’s sort of instant

Instant in, instant out!

I was thinking more like coffee. "

I like coffee

over a year ago

"In Devon we still use carrier pigeon and smoke signals, I’m only using this cause the pigeon rung in sick with bird flu and my neighbour has got her washing out.

Very decent of you. How is Essex?

Sort of like Exeter, but with added sex."

True story!

over a year ago

This is me or I think of the reply in my head and think I've sent it when I haven't even typed it out.

over a year ago

"Ah the days of text speak, shortening words so you could fit it all in one text and not have to pay for two "

You ol’ romantic

By *ykeymm8Man
over a year ago

southampton

"My issue is poor signal and spotty wifi. Send a message get little dots because im out of signal and wait for it to go through. If i repeat myself ut will invariably go through at the wrong time making me look odd

Don’t ever look odd to people! I’m very careful about not letting people see my odd! "

Not straight away... Lol it will leak out eventually but no point scaring them at the message stage

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

DubiousOatcake seemed to summarise it better than I could. I was stuck!i didnt go back to the thread so didnt see what he put. I think the reason you keep getting hurt is you put far to many expectations on someone and expecting them to have the same mind set as you where as in reality not everyone thinks like you. I think you would be less hurt if you didnt put such high exoectations on people

You’re absolutely right. And it’s not something I don’t know.

"

so what you going to do about it cause if you carry on not only will you make yourself ill you will just continuelly be hurting yourself. Also your in danger of putting people you fancy off you

By *ineMan
over a year ago

Aspire to*

Mmm. No.

I'll get my frock coat put on my riding boots saddle my trusty white steed and commence presently the three day journey to bring a copperplate missive to your door...

I think I’d probably fit into an Austen book better than the current world!"

Alas the world of Miss Austen has long since vanished. And I think you would probably give her the vapours.;-)

over a year ago

Can't be doing with instant messaging apps. I'm a lazy messager, (even on here), though I can't be bothered ping ponging and prefer to pick the phone up and just call someone if I want a response straight away.

over a year ago

Yes, Mac.

We still need rums.

Let’s do it!

Let's do it!

Let's do it

Do it while the mood is right!

I'm feeling

Appealing

I've really got an appetite"

We need a girl rum club!

over a year ago

"I'm crap at instant messaging. On here I can rein it in so it's not such a spiel of nonsense by editing things and thinking better of sending some things. I get that excitability thing you little hypocrite (meant with love).

Carry on dear-diarying, it makes for an endearing, amusing read. "

Thank you my darling. You’re like my little touchstone.

over a year ago

"Well if I like someone I’ll message back immediately if I’m online. More in fear that if I don’t some other man will"

Oh really?!

over a year ago

"I’m quite bad for typing out a reply and then not pressing send then spend a few hours wondering why they haven’t replied

This is me or I think of the reply in my head and think I've sent it when I haven't even typed it out. "

This is no good!!

over a year ago

"My issue is poor signal and spotty wifi. Send a message get little dots because im out of signal and wait for it to go through. If i repeat myself ut will invariably go through at the wrong time making me look odd

Don’t ever look odd to people! I’m very careful about not letting people see my odd!

Not straight away... Lol it will leak out eventually but no point scaring them at the message stage "

over a year ago

"

so what you going to do about it cause if you carry on not only will you make yourself ill you will just continuelly be hurting yourself. Also your in danger of putting people you fancy off you"

Well, my highs and lows are also me. But yes, I should change. It’s just nice to feel, you know? Whether it be the sad or the happy. Oh boy do I feel.

over a year ago

Aspire to*

Mmm. No.

I think I’d probably fit into an Austen book better than the current world!

Alas the world of Miss Austen has long since vanished. And I think you would probably give her the vapours.;-)

"

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a fab account must be in want of a another man’s wife with whom to swing.

over a year ago

"Can't be doing with instant messaging apps. I'm a lazy messager, (even on here), though I can't be bothered ping ponging and prefer to pick the phone up and just call someone if I want a response straight away. "

I think you’re right, a phone call is probably better. I get super excitable on phone though and have been known to swear.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"

so what you going to do about it cause if you carry on not only will you make yourself ill you will just continuelly be hurting yourself. Also your in danger of putting people you fancy off you

Well, my highs and lows are also me. But yes, I should change. It’s just nice to feel, you know? Whether it be the sad or the happy. Oh boy do I feel. "

well if you like feeling and happy to feel hurt there is no need to change

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"I have gone full dick.

Cordelia. Stop it you massive dick."

You’ve gotta feel for this poor guy.

over a year ago

"

Well, my highs and lows are also me. But yes, I should change. It’s just nice to feel, you know? Whether it be the sad or the happy. Oh boy do I feel. well if you like feeling and happy to feel hurt there is no need to change"

I think your last sentence is a good reason to rein it in!

By *ilkchocolate87Man
over a year ago

sw london

"Well if I like someone I’ll message back immediately if I’m online. More in fear that if I don’t some other man will

Oh really?! "

Indeed it’s a though world out there in fab! You should know with your mansion in the middle of nowhere...

over a year ago

"I have gone full dick.

You’ve gotta feel for this poor guy."

To be honest, he’s a bit simple so he’s probably unaware. I’m always having to correct him in everything.

over a year ago

"Well if I like someone I’ll message back immediately if I’m online. More in fear that if I don’t some other man will

Oh really?!

Indeed it’s a though world out there in fab! You should know with your mansion in the middle of nowhere..."

Me and my mansion again! Ha ha.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Yeah it's because of ghosting.

It's actually becoming a problem across society. You see americans on tv ending conversations without saying bye, just shutting their phone off.

But it has seeped into normal society. For example, people are ghosting job interviews, people are ghosting the quitting process of their jobs. Some companies are only finding out people quit after them not coming in for a week or two and being unable to contact them.

So some people see communication as something that should follow a certain beat, and others see it as something to do when they can be bothered with it. The signs are there that its gonna get a lot worse.

over a year ago

This is me or I think of the reply in my head and think I've sent it when I haven't even typed it out. "

I always do this too

over a year ago

"Yeah it's because of ghosting.

It's actually becoming a problem across society. You see americans on tv ending conversations without saying bye, just shutting their phone off.

But it has seeped into normal society. For example, people are ghosting job interviews, people are ghosting the quitting process of their jobs. Some companies are only finding out people quit after them not coming in for a week or two and being unable to contact them.

So some people see communication as something that should follow a certain beat, and others see it as something to do when they can be bothered with it. The signs are there that its gonna get a lot worse."

I'd really like to tell you what I think about this post but

By *ilkchocolate87Man
over a year ago

sw london

Oh really?!

Indeed it’s a though world out there in fab! You should know with your mansion in the middle of nowhere...

Trying to seduce younger gentleman like me..

Me and my mansion again! Ha ha."

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"I have gone full dick.

To be honest, he’s a bit simple so he’s probably unaware. I’m always having to correct him in everything. "

thats rude describing someone as a bit simple because they dont have the same interlect as you

over a year ago

So some people see communication as something that should follow a certain beat, and others see it as something to do when they can be bothered with it. The signs are there that its gonna get a lot worse."

over a year ago

So some people see communication as something that should follow a certain beat, and others see it as something to do when they can be bothered with it. The signs are there that its gonna get a lot worse.

I'd really like to tell you what I think about this post but"

Feel free...

over a year ago

Oh really?!

Trying to seduce younger gentleman like me..

Me and my mansion again! Ha ha."

I don’t do that kind of thing!

over a year ago

"I have gone full dick.

To be honest, he’s a bit simple so he’s probably unaware. I’m always having to correct him in everything. thats rude describing someone as a bit simple because they dont have the same interlect as you"

Oh Diamondsmiles, I was joking with Dubious, apologies you’re right - but that wasn’t the context. Xx

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"thats rude describing someone as a bit simple because they dont have the same interlect as you"

As rude as some of your own posts in this thread?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"thats rude describing someone as a bit simple because they dont have the same interlect as you

As rude as some of your own posts in this thread?"

what have i said thats rude

over a year ago

Feel free..."

It was a joke, read the first paragraph of the post I was quoting.

over a year ago

I usually send my message and do something else. The only time I can respond instantaneously is when I get in bed, and then I fall asleep.

I haven't had a long, typed conversation in years.

over a year ago

Feel free...

It was a joke, read the first paragraph of the post I was quoting."

I just got it. Sorry!!

over a year ago

"I usually send my message and do something else. The only time I can respond instantaneously is when I get in bed, and then I fall asleep.

I haven't had a long, typed conversation in years."

over a year ago

"I blame WhatsApp and those bloody ticks. "

I have a grey, double-ticked message I sent to my LTP on Wednesday. He'll get around to answering sometime this week.

over a year ago

"I usually send my message and do something else. The only time I can respond instantaneously is when I get in bed, and then I fall asleep.

I haven't had a long, typed conversation in years.

"

All these quickies, leaving me wanting

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

The main problem I have with instant messaging is that I’ll always reply. Because it’s difficult to know when the conversation should end. Well, sometimes anyway.

Post new Message to Thread