over a year ago

Cardiff

Home as in...?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Let’s not get carried away "

No. Let's

We're the bookies 4th favourite to win at the mo. How many times in your life have you been able to say that?

Plus, the best result for us tonight is for us to lose... and I've got the utmost confidence in our ability to do that haha

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"Let’s not get carried away

No. Let's

We're the bookies 4th favourite to win at the mo. How many times in your life have you been able to say that?

Plus, the best result for us tonight is for us to lose... and I've got the utmost confidence in our ability to do that haha "

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I'm not buying into it just yet - we've played two very minor teams and not faced a real test yet - we've got a good team that appears to play as a team for a change and I think the future is bright but not quite sure we're there just yet.

That said I can see us going to quarters or semis so if everything comes together there's no reason we can't go all the way - I'm just not getting too carried away

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No. Let's

Plus, the best result for us tonight is for us to lose... and I've got the utmost confidence in our ability to do that haha "

Which bookies?

I always look on odds with huge degree of scepticism as they’re skewed by betting patterns not actual likelihood’s. Simply because their odds have come down all it means is that a lot of people have put money on England winning.

over a year ago

Ahh its only a game

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"I'm not buying into it just yet - we've played two very minor teams and not faced a real test yet - we've got a good team that appears to play as a team for a change and I think the future is bright but not quite sure we're there just yet.

That said I can see us going to quarters or semis so if everything comes together there's no reason we can't go all the way - I'm just not getting too carried away "

Very sensible. I didn't want to say it through fear of being shot down.

You should beat Tunisia, only just managed to.

You should thump Panama. You did.

I wouldn't read too much into this tonight. Take notice once you get to the qtrs, providing you do.

over a year ago

I like the optimism! Saying the best result tonight is to lose in nonsense though. Iceland was our easy passage through 2 years ago. I know its a different squad and manager but im a firm believer in winning breeding confidence and a young team like ours live off confidence. Raheem sterling is proof of that.

Play to win every game! Brazil in the quarters, semi or final it doesnt matter. We will have to beat the best to win the thing regardless. But i still dont think we will. I hope we do, but cant see it.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

I'm also not sure that finishing second is that "easy" an option:

If we finish top:

Last 16: Colombia/Senegal/Japan

QFs: Brazil/Mexico

SFs: Uruguay/Portugal/France/Argentina

If we finish 2nd:

Last 16: Colombia/Senegal/Japan

QFs: Sweden/Switzerland

SFs: Spain/Russia/Croatia/Denmark

Arguably Sweden/Switzerland is the easier QF of the two - but Sweden have shown they're no mugs and Switzerland wouldn't be that "easy"

Take it as it comes and just try to keep winning and building momentum I say, beyond the last 16 games I don't think there are any "easy" routes

over a year ago

Let's see after they play a half decent team at least

over a year ago

No. Let's

Think both teams will be going for the lose tonite haha. Tough up the top in the knockout stages there

over a year ago

You just jinxed it, by saying that.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

over a year ago

Sorry to spoil it men but I don’t think use will use have great players as always but can’t play together. I’m backing Belgium and have from the start but best of luck.

over a year ago

"I like the optimism! Saying the best result tonight is to lose in nonsense though. Iceland was our easy passage through 2 years ago. I know its a different squad and manager but im a firm believer in winning breeding confidence and a young team like ours live off confidence. Raheem sterling is proof of that.

Play to win every game! Brazil in the quarters, semi or final it doesnt matter. We will have to beat the best to win the thing regardless. But i still dont think we will. I hope we do, but cant see it."

I agree with this, maintaining a winning mentality and building momentum is what wins world cups. Trying to be clever and taking an easy option won’t do it.

If (and I say if) we were to lift the trophy I’d rather say we beat the best

By *arcus 1888Man
over a year ago

belfast

Played 2 really poor teams one I would say no better than an amateur team,and even they caused England a few problems,haven't really been tested at all,draw tonight,and then the test begins but good luck all the same, gawa

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I'm home all day

over a year ago

"Sorry to spoil it men but I don’t think use will use have great players as always but can’t play together. I’m backing Belgium and have from the start but best of luck. "

In years gone by id agree with you but this is the first england team since the mid 90's that actually look like a "team". Im not saying we are amazing, but we do look like a good unit for a change

over a year ago

I seriously hope it is I’m sick that when watching the football pundits are so negative and critical about our national team, worse some of them played for the team in past an hated the negative press they got yet now do it themselves..

Also every other country who is in competition all know there team can win yet people are afraid to dream and hope yes we have failed in th past but each time I believe we can win and achieve

Please get behind the England team dream a bit and have faith the young lions can achieve the dream

over a year ago

You see the wonderful thing about tonight is that it plays to all our weaknesses

1) We're shit. If we're shit and we lose... well that's great. The best result

2) We're jinxed. Sod's fucking law the one time we actually want to lose we've got too good a fucking team and they actually win. In which case awesome!! We're going from strength to strength.

We're in a great spot. I accept that 99.99% of England fans won't be getting excited about their chances until they're actually holding the cup aloft in their hands. But where's the fun in that?! And more importantly... where's the support? I'm happy to get excited for England. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if my excitement doesn't get cut abruptly short one day soon... but while the sun is shining I'm going to bloomin well enjoy every minute of it.

Plus... don't forget... Germany is out hahahahaha

over a year ago

It's definitely coming home.We are the best side in the tournament

over a year ago

I must admit I’ve missed this aspect of a World Cup; the anticipation of the next game and daring to dream. It’s been a long time since it’s not been dread or dreary resignation

over a year ago

Use haven’t played a half decent team and every World Cup and euros English fans think there going to win it sure we will see best of luck to use anyway

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/06/18 11:46:52]

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"It's definitely coming home.We are the best side in the tournament "

Based on?

over a year ago

Typical England. Win one game comfortably against a much worse side and everyone thinks they'll win the damn thing

over a year ago

"It's definitely coming home.We are the best side in the tournament

Based on?"

Erm.....hello? Harry Kane scored with his heel WITHOUT LOOKING!!! What other proof do you need?? Gosh!

By *W ChapMan
over a year ago

Swindon

Are you from Belgium, France or Brasil?

over a year ago

An England striker in line for the golden boot.

Who ever thought they'd see a sentence like that written in their lifetime?!

over a year ago

"An England striker in line for the golden boot.

Who ever thought they'd see a sentence like that written in their lifetime?! "

Children born in the 70s!

over a year ago

"Typical England. Win one game comfortably against a much worse side and everyone thinks they'll win the damn thing"

Why can’t we win it

Other countries have that belief yet we do it an people must be crazy or stupid

Have faith we could win the tournament when other big countries are failing and struggling we have played as a team Kane is up for golden boot

Let the dreamers dream and stand by the team instead of putting them down stand proud

over a year ago

"It's definitely coming home.We are the best side in the tournament

Based on?

Erm.....hello? Harry Kane scored with his heel WITHOUT LOOKING!!! What other proof do you need?? Gosh! "

Exactly .We are without doubt playing outstanding football and we are just getting warmed up.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

Who ever thought they'd see a sentence like that written in their lifetime?! "

Well it's happened once already in your lifetime - a certain Mr Lineker won it in 1986

over a year ago

Who ever thought they'd see a sentence like that written in their lifetime?!

Well it's happened once already in your lifetime - a certain Mr Lineker won it in 1986 "

That was kind of what I was going for too.

As a side note, his comments about winning the golden boot changes your life really makes it clear

over a year ago

You guys are right though... Brazil have never looked better. Argentina are their usual unbeatable selves. Spain, Portugal and France are all looking utterly unsurpassable

It's coming home

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"You guys are right though... Brazil have never looked better. Argentina are their usual unbeatable selves. Spain, Portugal and France are all looking utterly unsurpassable

It's coming home "

I hope it is for sure and am more excited about this England team than I have been for a long time but you can't write off the likes of those you've mentioned - it's well known that some teams take a while to get started and go from strength to strength as the tournament progresses (which could of course prove to be the case for England too) - I've just been here too many times before where we've had a couple of wins and all of a sudden are going to win everything in sight only to fall at the next hurdle.

And that's not me being negative, just realistic - as I said earlier we've got a decent team but I'm not sure we're quite there yet, if we can maintain it though think we'll be a force come Euro 2020 or World Cup 2022

Happy to eat my hat (and hope I do) if we do win it though

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Typical England. Win one game comfortably against a much worse side and everyone thinks they'll win the damn thing

Why can’t we win it

Have faith we could win the tournament when other big countries are failing and struggling we have played as a team Kane is up for golden boot

Let the dreamers dream and stand by the team instead of putting them down stand proud"

I think we can do it!!! There is a lot of positivity when you listen to the chaps after the match. Sounds like they've been working on their team spirit....maybe the fans need to to!!

Cm'on England

over a year ago

"Typical England. Win one game comfortably against a much worse side and everyone thinks they'll win the damn thing

Why can’t we win it

Let the dreamers dream and stand by the team instead of putting them down stand proud

I think we can do it!!! There is a lot of positivity when you listen to the chaps after the match. Sounds like they've been working on their team spirit....maybe the fans need to to!!

Cm'on England "

You and me Lady Lick cheering and waggling our rattles haha

Cm'on England! We believe in you!

over a year ago

I'm Welsh. I like Southgate but will be glad to see England out to shut the media up. Same drivel every 4 years and the years in between

over a year ago

It's coming home! Wicked result! Now you've gotta be excited... right?

over a year ago

Even we thrashed the Belgians

over a year ago

"Even we thrashed the Belgians "

The Belgians were crap. But they were trying to throw the game. Mind... Rashford and Wellbeck made it pretty apparent we were throwing the game too haha

over a year ago

It is comingeth hometh

Our strategy against Belgium vindicated

By *lbert_shlossedMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"It is comingeth hometh

Our strategy against Belgium vindicated "

I'll third that

over a year ago

over a year ago

World Cup Quarter Finals

France: 6 letters

Uruguay: 7 letters

Brazil: 6 letters

Belgium: 7 letters

Sweden: 6 letters

England: 7 letters

Russia: 6 letters

Croatia: 7 letters

Games to be played on 6 & 7 July

6+7 =13

13 letters in

It’s coming home

(sent to me by a friend I should hasten to add)

By *lbert_shlossedMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I reckon all the 7 letter teams are going through.

I do love those maths oddities that people find though

Post new Message to Thread