Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

My Transexual Summer

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just watching this,,,

OMG......"Donna" what an incredible character, I think I’m developing a bit of a crush OMG.....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Aren't they fab .. so nice such a shame people get a difficult time out on the street.

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Yes Donna is a real character and so pretty

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

wot we on about ?

over a year ago

Thay come across as a lovely lot really caring people ... who should be the people thay wish to be and god that cock he had made was fab. I just feel a bit sad the things thay have to deal with in everyday life .. and its so good thay come together as a group and learn from each other .

over a year ago

ThAt female to male surgery looked amazing. I've seen lots of male to female surgery pics as my friend is having her gender reassignment surgery next year and we've spent lots of time sharing info but that guy had a great looking penis, really good size and aesthetically pleasing to look at. Really skilled workmanship.

over a year ago

Even though I only dress as a fetish, That was a very interesting watch,,,,,,

Yip Donna is very pretty and seems very happy keeping her willie, which , is something I can relate too….!.

But that surgically made cock for the female to male transformation was certainly impressive……

I do sympathise with the reservations expressed by the owner of the bridal shop when considering her clients needs in relation to Dawns employment application ….... I guess no matter how tolerant society becomes, there will always be awkward situations for transexuals to deal with...

But what a lovely bunch of people they all seemed to be.....very brave too.... good luck to each of them

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

I'm full of admiration for each and every one of them.

Really pleased, too, that M2F trans is getting such prominence.

The scene in the pub really resonated with me.

When you're open with people, they tend to accept you for who you are, not what they think you think you are.

If that makes any sense lolol

By *lack_BoltMan
over a year ago

oxford

Saw this last week as well and I think it's superb! Television at it's best! Really like the different characters and getting quite concerned for them. Love the scene in the pub where some of the straight men were finding the transgender women very attractive. Even looks like Donna has pulled!? I think she's been asked out.

Simply brilliant!

over a year ago

Brilliant viewing shows deep down we are all different but still human.

over a year ago

50k for the op on the nhs..what a waste of money

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"50k for the op on the nhs..what a waste of money"

The voice of the self-righteous. Just be glad you were not born with gender dysphoria.

over a year ago

I do not agree with this statement at all. Whose to say that people born with gender issues are not allowed to receive surgery or treatment. They have as much right as anyone else.

As much right as you do if you needed a hip replacement.

I agree with the psychiatric assessments carried out beforehand, as I do feel that its a decision not to be taken lightly. Its a difficult and painful operation with lifelong implications. Lots of trans people are also suffering from degrees of depression, so I agree assessments should be carried out to ensure a patient is physically and emotionally fit for surgery.

But I feel the operations should be available on the NHS. You can't differentiate between someones quality of life.

And for the surgeons who carry out this type of work, how rewarding to complete such complex surgery and how benefitting for medical science to gain this knowledge which can be passed on and can perhaps benefit all of us. Its not just cutting off the cock and. balls you know, its a complete rewiring of the urinary system. And the advances from female to male, the results we saw on film looked amazing.

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

"50k for the op on the nhs..what a waste of money

I do not agree with this statement at all. Whose to say that people born with gender issues are not allowed to receive surgery or treatment. They have as much right as anyone else.

I agree with the psychiatric assessments carried out beforehand, as I do feel that its a decision not to be taken lightly. Its a difficult and painful operation with lifelong implications. Lots of trans people are also suffering from degrees of depression, so I agree assessments should be carried out to ensure a patient is physically and emotionally fit for surgery.

But I feel the operations should be available on the NHS. You can't differentiate between someones quality of life.

And for the surgeons who carry out this type of work, how rewarding to complete such complex surgery and how benefitting for medical science to gain this knowledge which can be passed on and can perhaps benefit all of us. Its not just cutting off the cock and. balls you know, its a complete rewiring of the urinary system. And the advances from female to male, the results we saw on film looked amazing. "

+1 . was a fantastic piece of surgery

over a year ago

What a spiritually derelict comment….

To simply suggest it’s a waste of money opens a can of worms….

Although I accept the NHS must allocate its budget where it feels it provides true value….

And I accept this treatment comes at high cost, partly due to all the measure's the NHS needs in place where it only offer gender reassignment surgery having established a genuine medical need through a long process of psychological evaluation.

BUT !!!!!!

And I’m not having a go at smokers here,,,,

To accept validity to your statement, you as a smoker must also accept it could easily be argued how its a waste of NHS, time and resources treating self inflicted smoking related illness to a value over and above the extra taxation a smoker contributes towards the HNS budget whilst paying for their drug of choice.

But who'd want to live in a horrible world like that!!!!

FFS,,,

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Indeed. !

over a year ago

I can understand both sides of the debate, when we often hear of those people who are lacking access to lifesaving medicines and treatments owing to lack of funds.

The other side, of course, is that you are giving a human being many years of happiness, freed from the discomfort with their identiy and misery that have tortured their lives. This can save the NHS in other areas had that person not undergone the treatment and surgery.

I do think the idea behind the show has been, possibly a first in the history of TV, good for those involved. It's really good to see those at different stages of their change supporting each other.

People deserve to be happy

over a year ago

"People deserve to be happy "

Does that statement have owt to do with your 2nd pic Mr S ?

over a year ago

"People deserve to be happy

Does that statement have owt to do with your 2nd pic Mr S ? "

haha,,, It has to be said Buzzyboi's observation skills are finely tuned….

That is quite a honky-tonk pose you’ve got going on there Mr S, and to pull it off whilst performing a Vulcan salute too, Now that’s seriously impressive !

over a year ago

"People deserve to be happy

Does that statement have owt to do with your 2nd pic Mr S ? "

Thay come across so open about there lifes and how happy thay all was to be together. Thank god Tv has given us somthing worth looking at and really good to have a look into there lifes I feel we learn from things like this on tv just what life is like for them.. what a lovely group of people. That young man saying will take him years saving to have the male body he wish to have ... he was not down about it all like alot would be NHS not helping and seeing the cock how good it looked help really make up his mind. Cant be easy born in the not the right body ...he was living as a boy from 12 i do hope he gets some help to sort this out .. if he was not strong like this could have done all sorts to himself some even kill themselfs as so unhappy and cant cope.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

as opposed to the £2.7 Billion pounds a year the NHS has to spend on Alcohol related cases..... I think 50k for a one off op is actually quite a bargin...

see... everything is relative

over a year ago

as opposed to the £2.7 Billion pounds a year the NHS has to spend on Alcohol related cases..... I think 50k for a one off op is actually quite a bargin...

see... everything is relative"

totally agree about alcohol/smoking/ fatties but least drinkers smokers and salad dodgers pay tax on there pleasures..my point,is people with cancer arent getting treatment due to cost,but people with "issues" can have a £50k op..then get paid dole because they cant work because they want to cross dress..got an issue..get a tissue.

over a year ago

totally agree about alcohol/smoking/ fatties but least drinkers smokers and salad dodgers pay tax on there pleasures..my point,is people with cancer arent getting treatment due to cost,but people with "issues" can have a £50k op..then get paid dole because they cant work because they want to cross dress..got an issue..get a tissue."

fkin ell, how many groups can you alienate in one post ?

all you're missing is dwarves, the disbled ane ethnic minorities

rethink / re-word your post, then maybe you can get the whole set in !

over a year ago

totally agree about alcohol/smoking/ fatties but least drinkers smokers and salad dodgers pay tax on there pleasures..my point,is people with cancer arent getting treatment due to cost,but people with "issues" can have a £50k op..then get paid dole because they cant work because they want to cross dress..got an issue..get a tissue."

Cue the music,,,,

I think to myself what a wonderful world…….. it could be!!!!

FFS at what point did the human race stop develop intellectually…….!.

OML....Take me from this sapphire orb and drop me off at the nearest black hole….!!!!.

over a year ago

totally agree about alcohol/smoking/ fatties but least drinkers smokers and salad dodgers pay tax on there pleasures..my point,is people with cancer arent getting treatment due to cost,but people with "issues" can have a £50k op..then get paid dole because they cant work because they want to cross dress..got an issue..get a tissue.

fkin ell, how many groups can you alienate in one post ?

all you're missing is dwarves, the disbled ane ethnic minorities

rethink / re-word your post, then maybe you can get the whole set in !"

no need and if you read it properly you would have seen it was in answer to _abio,s post with extra,s added...so do dwarf,s get 50k op to make them standard size,do ethnics get 50k op to make them non ethnic..no they fucking dont,and as for disabled they get what they need because there disabled which is fair..

so maybe you should re think your post and get an opinion of your own..oh and i want to quit smoking..can i have a £5ok it may save the nhs in the long run,no because they rather give it to people with issues,who cant work because they want to wear a frock ffs.

over a year ago

see... everything is relative"

Ttly agree _abio

over a year ago

"so maybe you should re think your post and get an opinion of your own"

i do have an opinion

thanks for proving it right

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

see... now you are treading on dangerous ground....

so devils advocate time.....

okay... so where do you stand on people getting IVF on the nhs.... obviously each cycle of that is very expensive!

or what about people who thru no fault of there own need transplants, or operations... people who have genetic conditions......

some people are going to need continious care..... in the end it all adds up..

and if it going to cost more than the 50k... do they not get that care as well....

over a year ago

what exactly have you proved right...have you provided evidence of a dwarf getting surgery for hieght?

over a year ago

are we not better letting this thread get back on track than seeing it descend into a bun fight ?

it is after all an emotive issue that many on here will have emotional rather than socio-political opinions on

over a year ago

okay... so where do you stand on people getting IVF on the nhs.... obviously each cycle of that is very expensive!

or what about people who thru no fault of there own need transplants, or operations... people who have genetic conditions......

and if it going to cost more than the 50k... do they not get that care as well...."

ok _abio this could go on for ever.so, and this is relevent,can an ugly person with all the issues of self doubt,bullying,loathing and what ever other issues you can mention get an op to make them selves other than how god created them..no one can tell me a TG person has any more issues than an ugly person or fat person or any one who isnt happy in there own skin...where do you draw the line..new face..new cock.

I just wonder how many people would be happy being told there loved one cant have the care they need for cancer or heart problem because the money was used to provede some one with a new fanny..

Now before you mention drink, fags and obese etc,and i am aware these are issues aswell,you point me in the direction of any one who hasn,t got a drinker or smoker or over weight person in there family who,d actullay say fair enough

"my loved one cant moan about money being wasted"..

maybe not fair,just how it is.

over a year ago

"

"then get paid dole because they cant work because they want to cross dress..got an issue..get a tissue".

"because they rather give it to people with issues,who cant work because they want to wear a frock ffs.!""

OML ….!.

So although I have cherry picked you opinion.... if I’m reading this right…… the considered opinion of the entire medical fraternity and their combined expertise recognising gender dysphoria as a medical condition counts for nothing,,,, because you reckon its just "people with issues and a lame desire to crossdress" …..

FFS I seriouisly cant risk wasting my brains cells debating your comments,,,,, from a genuine fear that I might end up agreeing with you….!.

unfuckingbelievable !!!!!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

and if it going to cost more than the 50k... do they not get that care as well....

ok _abio this could go on for ever.so, and this is relevent,can an ugly person with all the issues of self doubt,bullying,loathing and what ever other issues you can mention get an op to make them selves other than how god created them..no one can tell me a TG person has any more issues than an ugly person or fat person or any one who isnt happy in there own skin...where do you draw the line..new face..new cock.

I just wonder how many people would be happy being told there loved one cant have the care they need for cancer or heart problem because the money was used to provede some one with a new fanny..

Now before you mention drink, fags and obese etc,and i am aware these are issues aswell,you point me in the direction of any one who hasn,t got a drinker or smoker or over weight person in there family who,d actullay say fair enough

maybe not fair,just how it is."

see I just lost my mum to cancer so that is relevant to me... and for the amount of treatments she had... and rounds of chemo she had... and operations and mastectomy's she had... in the end what it did was improve her quality of life... and that for me is the basic answer.....

what was the price on that.... a lot probably... but in my eyes that will always be priceless to me...

funny enough...something else also springs to mind

people have had cosmetic treatments done on the NHS....

and people have had gastric treatments done on the NHS.....

why??? because in the end it increases someones quality of life.....

over a year ago

The voice of the self-righteous. Just be glad you were not born with gender dysphoria."

It amazes us just how some people are so narrow minded or is it ignorant or lack of knowledge and understanding, in this day and age people should be more understanding and acceptable of others

over a year ago

"

"then get paid dole because they cant work because they want to cross dress..got an issue..get a tissue".

"because they rather give it to people with issues,who cant work because they want to wear a frock ffs.!"

well as one of the club you would say that wouldn,t you..

I seen the programme and the blonde one couldn,t get work because she,s pretending to be a woman although under law shes a man still...now any one else avoiding work through there own actions would be called a scrounger and waster but if you have "issues its ok"

how about gettin a job,paying for there own operations instead of growing tits and whing on tv..ffs

OML ….!.

So although I have cherry picked you opinion.... if I’m reading this right…… the considered opinion of the entire medical fraternity and their combined expertise recognising gender dysphoria as a medical condition counts for nothing,,,, because you reckon its just "people with issues and a lame desire to crossdress" …..

FFS I seriouisly cant risk wasting my brains cells debating your comments,,,,, from a genuine fear that I might end up agreeing with you….!.

"

over a year ago

"

"because they rather give it to people with issues,who cant work because they want to wear a frock ffs.!"

I seen the programme and the blonde one couldn,t get work because she,s pretending to be a woman although under law shes a man still...now any one else avoiding work through there own actions would be called a scrounger and waster but if you have "issues its ok"

how about gettin a job,paying for there own operations instead of growing tits and whing on tv..ffs

OML ….!.

"

oops,how that happen

over a year ago

"

"

Well just for the record.... I'm not one of the club.... however I completely admire those who are!!!

Infact I'm just one of those blokes who simply enjoys being a bloke with crosdressing fetish which I indulge in during sexual activity,,,

Now correct me if I'm wrong.... but wasn't the "Blonde One" as you call her, attempting to find employment..... so therefore by your logic inferring her action could be compared to a timewaster or scrounger is somewhat silly at best and seriously insulting to anyone who is presently finding problems whilst actively trying to find work.!.

over a year ago

The voice of the self-righteous. Just be glad you were not born with gender dysphoria.

If i was id get a job,save up and pay for the op myself...simples

over a year ago

"

Well just for the record.... I'm not one of the club.... however I completely admire those who are!!!

Infact I'm just one of those blokes who simply enjoys being a bloke with crosdressing fetish which I indulge in during sexual activity,,,

Now correct me if I'm wrong.... but wasn't the "Blonde One" as you call her, attempting to find employment..... so therefore by your logic inferring her action could be compared to a timewaster or scrounger is somewhat silly at best and seriously insulting to anyone who is presently finding problems whilst actively trying to find work.!.

"

well no,because if he(and i say he because he is a he not a she)really wanted a job then he would go and find work as a man not a woman..

Do you really believe that was right what he did at the interview in the wedding shop..how out of order is it for a man to watch/help a women getting her dress when the woman doesn,t realise its a man ..thats totally wrong and probably illegal.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/11/11 13:25:49]

over a year ago

have to agree with shrops waste of money.

let get REAL issue sorted first

over a year ago

"have to agree with shrops waste of money.

let get REAL issue sorted first"

Oh well if you've nothing more to add... Thats cool...,,, at least you've got it of your chest now....

sheeeezzzzz!

over a year ago

Just watched the sky+

We love Donna, she's a blast and would be great fun we thinks ..

over a year ago

Obviously there is a major lack of understanding surrounding gender dysphoria, combined with prejudice which has resulted in some of the inaccurate and offensive statements made by Shrops on this thread.

The whole issue of expenditure surrounding the cost of healthcare and what exactly is offered within the NHS is highly complex.

We cannot easily disregard the idea of gender reassignment being available on the NHS because 'we don't agree with those sorts who fancy having a pussy and wearing a dress'. To believe that being transgendered is just a fad or a fetish is misguided.

Why not open the whole can of worms to state that old people can't have hip or knee replacements, well they've had their life, what do they wanna walk around for, or to the childless couple, 'well tough you can't have kids, deal with it' or to the overweight and the anorexics, eat less, eat more.

Every persons circumstances have to be looked at individually and decisions on healthcare made on information gained. We cant afford to let prejudice get in the way of making informed decisions about the quality of someones life.

it would be like me saying I don't want any of my NHS contributions to be spent towards anyone who smokes/takes illegal drugs because I've never smoked and its too costly to treat those addicts whose illnesses are self inflicted. Or what about the 'I don't think swingers should be offered free testing at GUM clinics because they are intentionally partaking in high risk activities, why should the taxpayer fund a dangerous hobby'. To make such statements are idiotic. Everyone is entitled to a level of healthcare, not just who we deem 'acceptable'.

And in relation to your threads Shrops, perhaps attempt to debate without calling groups of people offensive names, there is no need for rudeness.

over a year ago

"Obviously there is a major lack of understanding surrounding gender dysphoria, combined with prejudice which has resulted in some of the inaccurate and offensive statements made by Shrops on this thread.

The whole issue of expenditure surrounding the cost of healthcare and what exactly is offered within the NHS is highly complex.

We cannot easily disregard the idea of gender reassignment being available on the NHS because 'we don't agree with those sorts who fancy having a pussy and wearing a dress'. To believe that being transgendered is just a fad or a fetish is misguided.

Why not open the whole can of worms to state that old people can't have hip or knee replacements, well they've had their life, what do they wanna walk around for, or to the childless couple, 'well tough you can't have kids, deal with it' or to the overweight and the anorexics, eat less, eat more.

Every persons circumstances have to be looked at individually and decisions on healthcare made on information gained. We cant afford to let prejudice get in the way of making informed decisions about the quality of someones life.

it would be like me saying I don't want any of my NHS contributions to be spent towards anyone who smokes/takes illegal drugs because I've never smoked and its too costly to treat those addicts whose illnesses are self inflicted. Or what about the 'I don't think swingers should be offered free testing at GUM clinics because they are intentionally partaking in high risk activities, why should the taxpayer fund a dangerous hobby'. To make such statements are idiotic. Everyone is entitled to a level of healthcare, not just who we deem 'acceptable'.

And in relation to your threads Shrops, perhaps attempt to debate without calling groups of people offensive names, there is no need for rudeness. "

What offensive and innaccurate statements made by shrops?

they are only my opinion which i am allowed to say if i see fit...

As i pointed out my issue is that the money can be spent else where...personally i dont give a toss about TG people and there issues,to my mind if they want it so bad pay for it them selves...

also i noticed some of them smoke,so why not stop smoking or drinking and save money for op....

as _abio said,obese people can have gastric band to lose wait..where i disagree is that op is not for there qaulity of life as such but an infestment against future nhs costs..

people like you think your opinion is all that matters and anyone who differs is wrong...i stand by my opinion.

total waste of money..

over a year ago

"Obviously there is a major lack of understanding surrounding gender dysphoria, combined with prejudice which has resulted in some of the inaccurate and offensive statements made by Shrops on this thread.

And in relation to your threads Shrops, perhaps attempt to debate without calling groups of people offensive names, there is no need for rudeness. "

well said my lovely xxx you sure have a lovely way with words .. xx Good post xx

over a year ago

The NHS is a really hot potato, because all you here of is the cost.

Yet this country punches above its weight when it come to revolutionary treatment and pharmaceuticals. These bring huge invisible earnings.

I never saw the programme nor actually want to, but top surgeons do need (excuse the term) guinea pigs to work on.

over a year ago

well said,and you,ll get flamed for that one...

over a year ago

"

What offensive and innaccurate statements made by shrops?

they are only my opinion which i am allowed to say if i see fit...

As i pointed out my issue is that the money can be spent else where...personally i dont give a toss about TG people and there issues,to my mind if they want it so bad pay for it them selves...

also i noticed some of them smoke,so why not stop smoking or drinking and save money for op....

as _abio said,obese people can have gastric band to lose wait..where i disagree is that op is not for there qaulity of life as such but an infestment against future nhs costs..

people like you think your opinion is all that matters and anyone who differs is wrong...i stand by my opinion.

total waste of money.."

Well the terms fatties, salad dodgers, are these pleasantries or are they insulting ,,,,

People 'like me' are able to debate without resorting to childish name calling of certain groups.

So as you are both smokers, am I correct in thinking you are saving to pay for private healthcare in the event that either of you falls ill with a smoking related illness then?

Attempted suicide and self harming have shown to be common amongst transgendered people. How about we offer them full gender reassignment and deal with the real issue rather than treat them for depression or section them under the Mental Health Act and suffer the high costs of inpatients in a secure unit. Of course some people will be suffering from mental illness and this is why indepth and lengthy psychiatric assessments are carried out, but for some its the correction of the body to match the true gender.

over a year ago

we have been saving in a way..after paying thousands in tax on fags for 30 odd years,that will more than cover any nhs charges.plus normal contributions.

fatties and salad dodgers was used tongue in cheek and not to be offensive.

If people are getting so whiny arsed sensitive,its no wonder the country is going down the pan...

over a year ago

"The NHS is a really hot potato, because all you here of is the cost.

Yet this country punches above its weight when it come to revolutionary treatment and pharmaceuticals. These bring huge invisible earnings.

I never saw the programme nor actually want to, but top surgeons do need (excuse the term) guinea pigs to work on."

Lots of people are 'guinea pigs' for progressive surgery, not just transgendered people. That is how new techniques are learned.

I would imagine that many transgendered people would jump at the chance of having a top surgeon perform a new technique or practise their skills. Rather have a level of competence in a sterile setting than a backstreet clinic in Thailand which for some has had to be an option. Not that all gender clinics in Thailand are bad of course.

over a year ago

"we have been saving in a way..after paying thousands in tax on fags for 30 odd years,that will more than cover any nhs charges.plus normal contributions.

fatties and salad dodgers was used tongue in cheek and not to be offensive.

If people are getting so whiny arsed sensitive,its no wonder the country is going down the pan..."

I’d do you sums first before make a sweeping statement regards how much you’ve contributed toward the provision of care provided by the NHS…

Our NI contribution helps cover the cost of providing the whole NHS facility, staff and resorces 24/7 providing a safeguard for the whole of society including smokers,,,,,,, its not just there for people waiting to develop smoking related illness,,,,…..

The costs of providing care for people with smoking related not nearly covered by the taxation on tobacco …..

Oh and while the combined efforts of the NHS are using up their valuable time and resources treating smokers, those doctors and nurses are not free to help others in need….!.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"I can understand both sides of the debate, when we often hear of those people who are lacking access to lifesaving medicines and treatments owing to lack of funds."

Gender reassignment surgery usually is life-saving. The person's life has become intolerable without it.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

maybe not fair,just how it is."

I am so pleased that decisions about clinical needs and priorities are taken by clinicians and not by people like you.

What next? Stop all treatment for AIDS people cos heart attack victims are more deserving. Tell you what, let's turn it into an X-factor contest and let the public vote on whether someone needs an op or not.

over a year ago

I keep trying to watch this but its on too late for me, does look really good though

over a year ago

"I keep trying to watch this but its on too late for me, does look really good though "

Well.... if you do get to see it.... keep ya hands off that Donna,,,,,, she's mine !!!........

I've got a serious crush going on there!!!...... phwarrrr

over a year ago

maybe not fair,just how it is.

I am so pleased that decisions about clinical needs and priorities are taken by clinicians and not by people like you.

What next? Stop all treatment for AIDS people cos heart attack victims are more deserving. Tell you what, let's turn it into an X-factor contest and let the public vote on whether someone needs an op or not.

"

thats the trouble with this country,things like xfactor and celeb shite has become more important than real life...that and political correctness...

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I think people have a right to have an operation that will transform them into who they want to be. In my line of work I have come across all walks of life and have worked with transgenders, They have the highest rate of suicide and are in the top "at risk" of being murdered.

Yes being obese and smoking and drinking cost the NHS billions however that is a lifestyle choice, Being a transgender is not a lifestyle choice it is a fact that they are born in the wrong body and will go years hating themselves for who they are.

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

absolutely agree well said .!

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple
over a year ago

London

Excellent series, handling the subject with a great deal of insight and sensitivity.

Those in the swinging community might like to hope that the public at large will show them the same one day.

Its easy to see why they don't from some of the comments in relation to this post.

over a year ago

And for the surgeons who carry out this type of work, how rewarding to complete such complex surgery and how benefitting for medical science to gain this knowledge which can be passed on and can perhaps benefit all of us. Its not just cutting off the cock and. balls you know, its a complete rewiring of the urinary system. And the advances from female to male, the results we saw on film looked amazing.

+1 . was a fantastic piece of surgery "

50k for an op to put things right or spending the rest of there life in and out of the doctors for pill after pill (antidipresents carnt spell ffs)the op is the better and cheaper opshion and not a bad price plus when was the last time you see a morbidly obise alco trany screwing the DWP

over a year ago

The figures spouted about are very misleading because, all the staff and equipment would be there anyway, doing something different but still getting paid or costing something. Whether you think they would be better doing something different depends on your point of view.

Even smokers, d*unks and obese people have their uses, they pay loads of duty, tax and pop their clogs earlier and save the pension funds.

By *ddiddyMan
over a year ago

kilkenny

add a new message no way me afraid

over a year ago

Oh that we should all be born perfect and happy with who we are.

It's an excellent programe and I have nothing but admiration for the people on there.

Why should they not get help from the NHS. We should all count our blessings that we actually have a NHS that treats us all with out predjuice or judgement

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS
over a year ago

Cheadle

Or maybe they would like to see all swingers charged for their gud clinic tests and treatments, after all, it's their choice to sleep around and catch sti's, not my fault is it????

over a year ago

At the end of the day everyone is entitled to their opinion and has the right to voice it, forums are for debates and I for one can understand some of both sides, my own thoughts on it I'm unsure of but I'll not judge anyone for voicing their own

over a year ago

So it’s all a waste of money.

Lets talk facts. Firstly it is not £50k cost of NHS treatment. Depending on the PCT the cost for MTF treatment to the NHS is in the order of £10k, but then the majority of British Citizens eligible for NHS treatment end up seeking private treatment because they either ant one of the excellent surgeons outside of the UK or their PCT takes too long to release funds, sometimes over 5 years.

A British citizen who has satisfied all diagnostic, legal and social criteria is entitled to NHS treatment as it is recognised as a medical condition and now accepted to be congenital, something that goes wrong before we are born. The NHS is actually one of the meanest health providers internationally. Even the Association of American Medical Insurers advise their members to allocate $60k to $80k for treatment, and makes the unequivocal statement the Gender Dysphoria or Gender Identity Disorder is a universally recognized medical condition requiring a medical and surgical resolution.

It is a condition of identity not sexuality. That is why one of the most seriously affected age groups is children, suffering well before puberty and often driven to self-destruction, not for any other reason that the pain and anguish caused by having to live within a set of social rules and presentations totally contrary to what they know themselves to be, having to live as something they are not.

I work as a volunteer with a national support network offering listening support for the despairing and suicidal. Most of those I speak to are suffering with some of the many forms of depression. Many are receiving long term treatment involving pharmaceuticals and professional care costing thounds and thousands of pounds over a lifetime. I have not had depression, I cannot see it, I cannot feel it, I cannot even understand it. I can understand the pain and agony my callers are going through, I can feel their pain, I can share their anguish, I will never think I am wasting my time ofr the NHS is wasting its money just because I cannot see it or understand it.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

Thing that worries me most . . .

The VAT man is coming after the boob job.

He's decided too many procedures like laser and breast enhancement are actually cosmetic and not clinical, so surgeons need to be charging 20 per cent VAT.

Now, quite how the tax man is better placed than a doctor to determine clinical need is beyond me.

I'm getting laser at the mo. Privately. Not on the NHS. But plenty like me will get referrals for clinical reasons as part of their transition.

By *sMinxyWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

This programme is wonderful, how it so very tenderly addresses the various issues of the group, its not been sensationalised in anyway. I have been letting my 13 year old daughter watch it with me, she did hide when the operation bit was shown.

And as for Donna... a stunning lady... and can I join the queue

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Its on at ten. channel 4

By *ercedes62Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

Brilliant programme!

over a year ago

"I keep trying to watch this but its on too late for me, does look really good though "

The previous episodes are on 4OD

We missed the earlier episodes so are just about to start watching from the start.

That's our viewing sorted for the evening

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Love them all ..

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Love them all .. "

They are great..... I admire the dad of Lewis. He summed it up its like having twins but one of them has died..

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I'd like to thank some of you for the Olympic commitment to quoting long passages in this thread.

As someone said, everyone has a right to an opinion. I'd like to add that doesn't give them the right to express it in an argumentative and disrespectful way.

over a year ago

Money thing aside

Very good tv and i think well worth wacthing xxx and good luck to them all xx

over a year ago

A fantastic series that may well increase understanding which will at the same time reduce prejudice.

Pity the increased understanding has bypassed some of the posters here.

As participants in an "alternative" lifestyle it's pretty distasteful to see some of the comments on this thread, we should have a wider acceptance if not understanding of sexual and gender issues.

over a year ago

"I'd like to thank some of you for the Olympic commitment to quoting long passages in this thread.

As someone said, everyone has a right to an opinion. I'd like to add that doesn't give them the right to express it in an argumentative and disrespectful way."

well said, totally agree. now am off to 4 catch up to see this programme, it sounds good viewing

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Its on at ten anyone interested channel 4.

over a year ago

tl;dr

I am ridiculously attracted to Fox. Hubba hubba male or female! Totally my type!

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

over a year ago

Only just seen this thread, am so totally into Lewis!! But they are all interesting characters to say the least

over a year ago

I would not have had an opinion if it hadn't been for the fact that I knew of a couple where the wife decided to avoid cancer treatment because it would have made her infertile. She knew she was going to die due to the progressiveness of her condition and wanted her husband to have a child before she died. When her child was born rather than having a celebration they wrapped the child in pink blankets and called her their daughter. the reality was the child was both sexes and they chose it to be presented to the world as a girl.. by now the girl will be a grown woman and who knows...she may actually prefer to be a 'he' and need corrective surgery anyway. Everyone should have a choice

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

They are all so lovely ..Hope they show how things have gone for them in 6 mths. Only downside is Drews hair

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

as someone who suffers with depression i can't even begin to conceive how much worse it would be if every time i got dressed or went to the bathroom i was reminded of all the triggers of my depression. i have had transgender friends who were very well adjusted and they have all had, at some time, destructive and suicidal thoughts.

self harm is on the increase amongst our 'normal' teens, anorexia and bulimia are ways they use to control their world when control of is out of their hands. all of these issues are going to be present in cases of gender dysphoria and even just anti-depressants cost the nhs money, let alone counselling and casualty admissions for wound treatment and infections.

it costs taxpayers and causes major chaos when a suicidal person is on a bridge somewhere - i have been stranded on more than one train as a result of a suicide attempt! police get involved as do ambulance personnel and even fire fighters when someone tries to hang themselves or gas themselves in a car.

surely proactive treatment is always best - the nhs provides help to quit smoking and drinking and help to lose weight thereby reducing the long term cost to the nation both in fiscal and human terms. in the same way counselling and support to accurately diagnose the problem (and out those who are confused due to other causes) and gender reassignment surgery - which by definition will only take place once - will cost both the nhs and society far less in the long run. it will also restore to society well balanced, happy, adjusted individuals who are far more likely to be an asset not a drain.

i'm going to shut up now.

over a year ago

Just watched the last one on 4OD

Was a really good programme, it hopefully helps us all to understand Trans people.

Loved the bit with Max and his nan. Brought me to tears (J)

Can't wait for the follow up.

over a year ago

"as someone who suffers with depression i can't even begin to conceive how much worse it would be if every time i got dressed or went to the bathroom i was reminded of all the triggers of my depression. i have had transgender friends who were very well adjusted and they have all had, at some time, destructive and suicidal thoughts. "

We must also remember that the most "ar risk" category for self-harming or even self destruction are children.

to have to live a life not as nature intended but as society dictates is one thing, to have no control over that, to have no coping mechanisms, to have no means to find independent recourse makes it manifestly more difficult to cope with.

over a year ago

The voice of the self-righteous. Just be glad you were not born with gender dysphoria."

Yes it does seem like a waste of money, although i can understand what its like for men like it as i saw a good program in the eighties about a man called george who changed his name to julia, i also read the book he wrote about it, he seemed really nice and was very interesting.

Post new Message to Thread