Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Should a married couple really be .....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Frank and Ernest ... or is it best if one of them is a female?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

well........................................................... in this day and age anything goes

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Mmmm let me think xx

over a year ago

Can you not cal a woman called francis frank?

over a year ago

"Frank and Ernest ... or is it best if one of them is a female? "

lol

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

How's about Able and Mabel?

over a year ago

if Frank gets angry, what does it mean?

over a year ago

Not the best idea for a username, methinks x

over a year ago

Why not?

over a year ago

imo no

marrage is mainly a church thing in this country and the church is against same sex marrages so no they should not be able to marry.

in most cultures marrage is the same, manly religion based, so if your not religious then why bother.

we arent, although we have been together a long time and are very much in love, we have decided to not get married.

it means nothing to us

over a year ago

"imo no

marrage is mainly a church thing in this country and the church is against same sex marrages so no they should not be able to marry.

in most cultures marrage is the same, manly religion based, so if your not religious then why bother.

we arent, although we have been together a long time and are very much in love, we have decided to not get married.

it means nothing to us

"

Being ultra cynical, there are benefits to same sex marriages beyond the knotted being tied.

So whilst to a certain degree from a 1 man, 1 woman persective, I kind of agree with your sentiment, sometimes we have to look past the religious element.

My friend married his long term companion in a last minute wedding held in his home shortly before he died from cancer this summer (what i called his Pat Phoenix moment )

As he had no will, without that marriage and the associated paperwork, amongst other things, his partner would have been left homeless, without entitlement to any of his estate and without entitlement to any of his death in service / pension benefits.

over a year ago

"imo no

it means nothing to us

Being ultra cynical, there are benefits to same sex marriages beyond the knotted being tied.

So whilst to a certain degree from a 1 man, 1 woman persective, I kind of agree with your sentiment, sometimes we have to look past the religious element.

My friend married his long term companion in a last minute wedding held in his home shortly before he died from cancer this summer (what i called his Pat Phoenix moment )

As he had no will, without that marriage and the associated paperwork, amongst other things, his partner would have been left homeless, without entitlement to any of his estate and without entitlement to any of his death in service / pension benefits."

surely a will would have been easyer.

but i do understand your point.

over a year ago

"imo no

it means nothing to us

As he had no will, without that marriage and the associated paperwork, amongst other things, his partner would have been left homeless, without entitlement to any of his estate and without entitlement to any of his death in service / pension benefits.

surely a will would have been easyer.

but i do understand your point. "

there was something about the will not being enough

i think it related to him having no 'officially recognised' next of kin and therefore his death in service benefits and pension wouldn't have been payable

plus the fact he only lasted 5/6 weeks from diagnosis didn't really help matters

besides i now have the image of him with a white carnation pinned to his pyjama pocket which i can now giggle about whenever i need to

only because he had a paddy beforehand about having to wear a 'cheap' flower

By *ragonwalesMan
over a year ago

Pontypridd

Just picking up on the point of "official next of kin" rather than letting someone else decide for you..you can actually nominate a particular person to avoid any doubt.

There are various non profit sites which are very helpful with this but I am not sure if I can post their website

Post new Message to Thread