Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Suspicious verifications

Jump to newest

By *otSoNewWalesCouple OP   Couple
over a year ago

South Wales

Wife and I were browsing Fab yesterday evening when somebody caught her eye.

As is her way, she likes to check guys out before we contact them, and she likesto read their verifications.

The guy in question had a reasonable amount, but as we read them it looked increasingly like they had all been written by the same hand.

The level of writing skill was the same for each, the syntax, punctuation etc. Also, most of them had hidden profiles when you clicked on them.

When you take a look around this forum you see that there are many different styles of writing and vast differences in punctuation etc.

I can't help thinking there's a degree of 'verifications as favours' going on. Fake accounts set up with the aim of providing fake veris. It's very suspicious.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

There's one guy near me who does it. Gets a webcam verification, setup a bunch of fake female profiles, verifies them and vice versa. It's so obvious. I'd report him but every time he gets kicked off, he's back shortly after.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They are out there. They are pretty obvious. They are therefore extremely easy to side step.

over a year ago

Shit...theyre on to me

over a year ago

There are a few false verifications but easy to pick up on if you do an 'audit trail' on them.

No need to get bothered by it though, just move on to the next profile. I don't know why some people want to make an issue out of minor things in life with all that block and report malarkey. Whatever happened to live and let live

over a year ago

All verifications to me are suspicious. ... #justbecauseyoureparanoid

over a year ago

There's plenty of profiles with false/fake veries, I tend to just report and block! X

over a year ago

Mine are all suspect..

Thats why they're hidden

(Only joking)

By *tonMessCouple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

I read a LOT of profiles and verifications and spot lots of fakes... Just report and move on.

There is no fool proof system, for every personal filter we have people will find their way around it eventually.

By *lenderfoxMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Most are obvious and clearly lacking some guile...

over a year ago

"There are a few false verifications but easy to pick up on if you do an 'audit trail' on them.

No need to get bothered by it though, just move on to the next profile. I don't know why some people want to make an issue out of minor things in life with all that block and report malarkey. Whatever happened to live and let live "

Surely it's better to report them and get them off the site so that people aren't deceived by them? Some people are new to sites like this and not as savvy about fakes.

over a year ago

"Wife and I were browsing Fab yesterday evening when somebody caught her eye.

As is her way, she likes to check guys out before we contact them, and she likesto read their verifications.

The guy in question had a reasonable amount, but as we read them it looked increasingly like they had all been written by the same hand.

The level of writing skill was the same for each, the syntax, punctuation etc. Also, most of them had hidden profiles when you clicked on them.

When you take a look around this forum you see that there are many different styles of writing and vast differences in punctuation etc.

I can't help thinking there's a degree of 'verifications as favours' going on. Fake accounts set up with the aim of providing fake veris. It's very suspicious."

Lol no more netflix unabomber show for you guys. Forensic lingustics on fab lol. Also yes they are tonnes of fake veri's with hidden profile links on here

over a year ago

I can't help thinking there's a degree of 'verifications as favours' going on. Fake accounts set up with the aim of providing fake veris. It's very suspicious."

We have thought this for a while - especially the verification favours. The ones that are just too good to be true from "alleged" couples/single females, who it would appear have the pick of the litter, are very suspicious. To us, they come across as fake, or maybe a sex worker using the verification system as testimonials - LinkedIn if you like haha.

over a year ago

"There are a few false verifications but easy to pick up on if you do an 'audit trail' on them.

No need to get bothered by it though, just move on to the next profile. I don't know why some people want to make an issue out of minor things in life with all that block and report malarkey. Whatever happened to live and let live

Surely it's better to report them and get them off the site so that people aren't deceived by them? Some people are new to sites like this and not as savvy about fakes. "

Exactly. If you leave enough of them the site will be as shit as some of the other sites that are over run with fake profiles.

over a year ago

Suspicious yet true.

On the obverse, the ones that do my head in are the genuine ones from men who are clearly desperate to verify any woman in the vain hope it will lead to a meet.

'Cammed with this beautiful creature for all of two minutes. She is stunning and gorgeous, sexy and funny and made of the kind of material that causes men to invade other countries, just to claim a territory in her name. Treat her properly and she will cause you to start a new religion with her as the leading goddess. All other women may as well bow prostrate before her womanhood'.

Ffs..

By *otSoNewWalesCouple OP   Couple
over a year ago

South Wales

Yup. It all kinda makes the whole verification thing pointless, especially when every veri claims the man / woman is the sexiest thing on the planet and sexual dynamite.

Reading the comments above and the other thread about where people get their meets (it seems many get their meets elsewhere) it's starting to look like Fab is increasingly just about this forum. Many people treat it as Facebook with naked pics.

By *ust ClareTV/TS
over a year ago

Settlewick!

I'd rather someone left me a verification saying I was a crap shag then at least everyone would know it was genuine

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Many people have had verifications from me. I was hidden until this week. A well written verification from a hidden profile doesn't make it fake.

over a year ago

"Yup. It all kinda makes the whole verification thing pointless, especially when every veri claims the man / woman is the sexiest thing on the planet and sexual dynamite.

Reading the comments above and the other thread about where people get their meets (it seems many get their meets elsewhere) it's starting to look like Fab is increasingly just about this forum. Many people treat it as Facebook with naked pics."

I agree its a bit of a naked facebook but I dont think many use the forum do they?

over a year ago

No need to get bothered by it though, just move on to the next profile. I don't know why some people want to make an issue out of minor things in life with all that block and report malarkey. Whatever happened to live and let live "

What if they are doing it to deceive people? Would you be happy about being deceived?

over a year ago

"Yup. It all kinda makes the whole verification thing pointless, especially when every veri claims the man / woman is the sexiest thing on the planet and sexual dynamite.

Reading the comments above and the other thread about where people get their meets (it seems many get their meets elsewhere) it's starting to look like Fab is increasingly just about this forum. Many people treat it as Facebook with naked pics."

Lots of people are meeting. Very few use the forums.

over a year ago

"I'd rather someone left me a verification saying I was a crap shag then at least everyone would know it was genuine "

aww

By *ust ClareTV/TS
over a year ago

Settlewick!

"I'd rather someone left me a verification saying I was a crap shag then at least everyone would know it was genuine

aww "

I accept sympathy shags and all major emojis

over a year ago

Come and get your veri’s

Cam. £5

Social £10

Proper meet £15

Above with explicit detail £20

Come and get them while they’re hot!

“Tongue in cheek” Mr L. X

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

Fab only seems to be about the forum if that’s where you happen to be . Less than 1% of fab users ever venture onto the forum .

It’s a strange one this fake verification thing as we have been on and off fab for over seven years and have never given or received a fake veri .

Mind you I can’t say others haven’t had them or given them , but I really couldn’t be arsed to do any further investigating

By *issminxandmrcCouple
over a year ago

Rotherham

I have just posted to a thread this exact same thing!!!

The guy has verification's,yet when cross reference her,all the females have "hidden profiles!!" REALLY??? ALL OF THEM AT THE SAME TIME "HAVE HIDDEN PROFILES!"

really?? LOL VERY SUSPECT!!!

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

In the words of Public Enemy "Don't Believe the Hype"

The efforts some people with go to eh? Sounds a lot of hard work and effort. Maybe if people put the same effort in being charming, respectful and an all round good egg they'd get better results.

over a year ago

yes you've got to stop getting paranoid are veris worth the type on the page they are written on, I mean you say tomado I say tomato, what she likes she doesn't, what you fancy he doesn't a veri means they turn up is allb

By *ihimbiherCouple
over a year ago

lightwater

The guy in question had a reasonable amount, but as we read them it looked increasingly like they had all been written by the same hand.get a life.

This site is made up of 50% fake profiles

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

A couple of months ago there was a period of about a week when loads of new people joined in my area, all with the standard profile or fill in later but they only lasted a week or so now they’ve all gone.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

And sometimes you get 3 or 4 profiles with no photos and they've all got just the one veri from one of the others.

over a year ago

Are you saying that you should not read too much into what the verification says, because what might be for one person, may not be for an other? And that the only thing that should matter, is the fact that there is a verification present - as this means that they will turn up?

Is that what you are really saying?

over a year ago

Omg a suspicious veri " this one's a keeper , don't mess them around they do everything it says on the tin "

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple
over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

A few months back we spotted a profile of a couple which was using a few photos of another couple we had chatted to a few times.

So doing the decent thing we mention this to them so as to alert them and do something about it.

It turns out it was the same people who had enjoy themselves so much that they wanted to reinvent themselves in a genuine way and expand on their adventure, seeing some of the latest pictures they are living the dream.

So sometimes things aren't always what they seem. The old account has been unlos'd

Still wish fab would make this a pay to join site though.

over a year ago

"Are you saying that you should not read too much into what the verification says, because what might be for one person, may not be for an other? And that the only thing that should matter, is the fact that there is a verification present - as this means that they will turn up?

Is that what you are really saying? "

To be honest, that’s the way we approach it. To us a verification means the couples profile is a couple and that’s it.

Post new Message to Thread