Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

another thought

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just a random thought based on things said in another post,

if as alot of people have said people just don't want people knowing their address for discretion/stalker reasons, why is it fine for them to know your address? alot of people (esp singles) (not all) want to play at your house because they don't want to pay for a hotel (understandable it could get quite expensive after a few meets) or play at their place for whatever reason.

so if someone didnt want to play at theirs for discretion/stalking reasons, would you let them play at yours?

I'm really not sure on this one.. i guess for us it would depend on how strongly we felt about meeting someone.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Always meet socially first I don't accommodate very often single mum of two this is why I meet and play at clubs.

over a year ago

Its all down to personal choice. We prefer to meet at their accomodation for a few reasons. it was only a good while into swinging did we say we could accomodate as we were new to the scene and did not feel comfortable 'strangers' knowing our address. However, we now accomodate mostly at ours as its easier due to lack of transport.

I think its perfectly OK to meet at someone elses despite not willing to accomodate yourself. If the other person can accomodate then they are welcoming you and are happy doing so xx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/11/11 18:16:56]

over a year ago

Sorry my phone posted it twice x

over a year ago

We like to meet socially 1st so that we can weigh up how discreet the people we're meeting are and also if they stay overnight if out telly will still be there when we wake up.

over a year ago

I rarely host as I live in a small village with prying eyes and as a single woman, I value my reputation and safety.

Also clubs are ideal, as they offer security and facilities like jacuzzis and playrooms, so thats what works for me.

over a year ago

i feel like im going in a roundabout way of expressing myself here, as I RARELY do any form of public social meets, that doesnt mean i can sit n have a cuppa with my meet at home or theirs.

im not very likely to want to ruin a long time swinging having met some now close friends and constantly meeting new ones by stealing a fucking telly or purse

over a year ago

Guess the saying...

Don't ask for more than you can give

Springs to mind here, pubs for first meet, clubs for more...

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I have moved so whoever came to my old house is buggered if they want to stalk me.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

by the time it gets round to meeting i am comfortable with the person so more than happy to go to theirs or mine never really went in for the quick meet me in an hour scenario lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

No i wouldnt meet them. I always meet at my house because its my prefered method of meeting but if someone said they didnt want me to go to there house because of stalking/saftey ect what gives them the right to expect me too

over a year ago

I'm currently quite happy to meet at mine, after getting to know the person first. I have a decent amount of privacy where I am living. However, I am having to move house next year and must admit, it has been worrying me that I may end up someplace that makes me feel not so cumfy doing so.

Hopefully I'll find someplace suitable, but as mentioned above, being a female living alone I may feel it prudent to get to know my new neighbourhood before deciding,

As to other people who just can't accommodate, that doesn't bother me as I'm quite sure they have their own reasons.

Post new Message to Thread