Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Handbags at dawn!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What is the most presigious item of attire you have?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

or have owned.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

signed tour t shirt..prestigious to me anyway

By *DSRMan
over a year ago

leicester

I got loads of ralf polo shirts, i have a few bench tops, i had a £400 helly henson coat that lasted 2 years GRRR! i have some rock port boats, i have loads of other similar stuff, i love good clothing

I feel good when i look good x

over a year ago

I don't know how prestigious it is, but I love my leather jacket!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I am not materialtic but I have wanted a louis Vitton handbag for years but just never had the money to get one

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

we try and avoid 'lables' and go for quality or functionality, though a lot of functional clothing has become popular with the 'masses' who want to present an image

each to their own

over a year ago

got a nice pair of killer heeled, beige patent, versace shoes. tenner in BHfoundation - bargain!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I think mine would be photos that we have,they tell the story of our time together

By *nverman67Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

Won a few quid on the lottery once and spent most of it on a Tag Heuer watch. Best thing I have ever bought and worth every penny.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"I think mine would be photos that we have,they tell the story of our time together"

I should have added that in terms of expense I have a diamond bracelet that I never wear as im too scared im going to lose it,so its just stuck in a box

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

my (late) granny's engagement ring

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

Have never understood the thing about designer labels... no way would I ever pay 4, 6 8 times as much for something just cos it's got a fancy name logo on it. As far as I'm concerned they should be giving a discount for the free advertising they'll get!!!

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

i bought a made to measure overcoat,when i was 18 (nearly three years ago ha ha ha).it cost 89 pounds.

every time i think it's starting to look a bit worse for wear,i have it dry cleaned,more in hope than expectation,but every time it comes up like new.

it may not be prestigious,but it is my favourite item of clothing.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I have a Mulberry handbag, ridiculously expensive and not something I would have spent such silly money on myself....but it was a gift.

Love it though

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

i've got a louis vitton handbag and a gucci one. one was a gift and the other ridiculously cheap in a going out of business sale and but make me feel like i've got an extra bit of gloss

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Bulgari Ring

over a year ago

"Bulgari Ring"

Excuse you!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Bulgari Ring

Excuse you! "

oops I meant I had a bulgarians ring.

he was a nice lad too

over a year ago

My most prestigious thing would be having my Sir in my life.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"My most prestigious thing would be having my Sir in my life. "

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

over a year ago

My most prestigious item and most expensive would be my engagement ring. I dont own very much jewellery because I would rather have quality jewellery instead of lower quality.

I do have a nice handbag, a work bag, which I bought in New York. I like to have a nice handbag every year or so. This one I have is Armani and has been used every day for the past 18 months and does not have a mark on it. It does not have the designer name plastered all over it, I would never buy a designer item which had an obvious name on the front, that is really tacky to me. It has the Armani name in small writing on the gold clasp at the front thats all. You wouldnt know unless you looked closely. The leather is lovely and soft though.

over a year ago

A platinum and diamond solitaire ring from my lovely. Worth more than any money in the world to me.

over a year ago

"

my (late) granny's engagement ring"

oh I have got my grandma's genuine crocodile clutch bag stashed away somewhere. I used to borrow it so much off me mam when I was younger she gave it to me. Would not dare use it these days, too precious.

over a year ago

Don't go for designer labels either, and prefer to pay extra for made to measure items instead.

I guess my watches are likely to be the most prestigious as they are well-made Swiss ones.

;-)

over a year ago

The most prestigious item is a hardbound opera score which was signed by the entire cast...

Best thing in my life.... Me mam...

By *r n mrs happy101Couple
over a year ago

telford,shropshire

has my grandma's perl and gold earings given to me on my wedding day....she passed away now, and no way would i wear them now though, i would be to frightened incase i lost them.

over a year ago

I don't do 'labels' I've even avoided buying something I've liked because it had a 'label' on. Just hate that people would think I bought it to look 'trendy' or sommit

I bought a new leather shoulder bag several years ago cos I liked it and people kept commenting on the little leather tag attached... so I cut it off. I'm still using the same bag now

over a year ago

My Dad's and Grandad's Medals

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I don't mind if something has a label or not... if I like it I buy it.

But I do set myself limits.

I don't like paying over £150 for a pair of shoes. I only have one pair which were well over that limit.... and I have plenty which cost under £30 to make up for it lol.

I don't like paying more than £200 for a handbag... though I did buy a Prada handbag once and gave it away to my sister-in-law the day after I bought it.... I could see the look of love at first sight in her eyes and new she would get so much more joy from it than I would. My two favourite handbags at the moment both cost under £100.

Watches... well I do have a soft spot for them.... though fortunately my favourite are Storm and most cost under £120.

I think generally you do get what you pay for in terms of quality.... up to a certain point... but that doesn't mean being fleeced. No ammount of crafting and workmanship can justify £2000 for a pair of shoes or a handbag.

over a year ago

just my ring . prob not worth a lot but the circumstances of ownership and what it means to me mke it my item .

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"My Dad's and Grandad's Medals "

I have my Grandad`s pocket watch. Although he died around 50 years ago, I had never seen it until the other day when my sister and I insisted that my Mum identifys certain important items so we simply know what they are lest we should dispose of them by mistake. I already know who the reciprient of my Grandad`s watch will be when it`s my time for it to passed on and it will be staying on my Mum`s side of the family.

over a year ago

who said anything about designer labels?

prestige = honored or esteemed

designer labe = common as much these days

over a year ago

Three pack a open croch boxers from matalan £6 xx

over a year ago

"What is the most presigious item of attire you have?"

Sentimental with some value would be my great grandfathers pocket watch.

Prestige wise would be a bespoke suit which would be the price of a new motorbike.

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

My only "labeled" items of clothing are from an unusual scource .... the John Deere Shop! Two pairs of chino trousers, tow silk ties and two body warmers! One tie has vintage John Deere tractors on and is a particular favourite and is worn virtually to every munch and social I go to! I also have a selection of railway ties issued when British Rail had money!

over a year ago

oooooooooo feel a song comin on

Those were the days my friend ...............

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

dont do labels apart from the few handbags i have are decent ones and my jaegar dress for 5.99. the items that are of most value to me are things like my silver snuff boxes etc all at my mums for safe keeping

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"Don't go for designer labels either, and prefer to pay extra for made to measure items instead.

I guess my watches are likely to be the most prestigious as they are well-made Swiss ones.

;-)"

ive a nice watch

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"who said anything about designer labels?

prestige = honored or esteemed

designer labe = common as much these days "

prestige [pr?'sti??]

n

1. high status or reputation achieved through success, influence, wealth, etc.; renown

a. the power to influence or impress; glamour

b. (modifier) a prestige car

prestigious [pr?'st?d??s]

adj

1. having status or glamour; impressive or influential

2. prominent; held in esteem by others held in

Post new Message to Thread