Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Timewasters

Jump to newest

By *atindoll OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

edinburgh

Two in 24 hours...do I have the record?.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Nooooo, I've had many more in one day before now.

By *corpio67Man
over a year ago

hillingdon

I doubt it!

over a year ago

Depends what you class as a timewaster

By *tonMessCouple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

They get around. Block. Report. Move on.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I'm here wasting my time...

over a year ago

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. So get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life - Billy Connolly

By *atindoll OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

edinburgh

Timewasters as in giving me a meet time...stringing me along...going silent an hour before meet then texting me an hour after my meet time to say they were too busy and could they come tomorrow.

over a year ago

I've spent my whole day lying naked on the couch watching crap telly and interneting. I might have to block myself for wasting my time

over a year ago

"Timewasters as in giving me a meet time...stringing me along...going silent an hour before meet then texting me an hour after my meet time to say they were too busy and could they come tomorrow."

Screw them. Not even any manners by the sound of it.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

"Timewasters as in giving me a meet time...stringing me along...going silent an hour before meet then texting me an hour after my meet time to say they were too busy and could they come tomorrow."

Think we may have got that OP.

Welcome to fab

Thursday is rant day

By *atindoll OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. So get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life - Billy Connolly "

Tried that for many years...some WAS fun...laughed my ass off many times but it got boring never being able to find a lighter or knowing what day it was.

By *atindoll OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Timewasters as in giving me a meet time...stringing me along...going silent an hour before meet then texting me an hour after my meet time to say they were too busy and could they come tomorrow.

Welcome to fab

Thursday is rant day "

Isn't today the day to shout JESUS CHRIST! A lot?

By *itvclaireTV/TS
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Two in 24 hours...do I have the record?."

Not even close

XX

By *ineMan
over a year ago

"Timewasters as in giving me a meet time...stringing me along...going silent an hour before meet then texting me an hour after my meet time to say they were too busy and could they come tomorrow.

Welcome to fab

Thursday is rant day

Isn't today the day to shout JESUS CHRIST! A lot?"

Only if your meet turns up

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Two in 24 hours...do I have the record?.

Not even close

XX"

Exactly this .

We have had outdoor meets where up to eight or nine guys have said they are coming and one or two turn up . Same applies to couples and single women so the op is way off the record !

By *atindoll OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

edinburgh

Not even close

XX

Exactly this .

We have had outdoor meets where up to eight or nine guys have said they are coming and one or two turn up . Same applies to couples and single women so the op is way off the record ! "

Aw boo...thanks everyone...makes me feel a bit better hearing this place is even worse than I thought lol.

over a year ago

Welcome to fab

Thursday is rant day

Isn't today the day to shout JESUS CHRIST! A lot?

Only if your meet turns up "

I thought the word to use then would be HALLELUJAH

over a year ago

Halle-do ya

By *inful xWoman
over a year ago

In a sleepy little village

Not even close

XX

Exactly this .

We have had outdoor meets where up to eight or nine guys have said they are coming and one or two turn up . Same applies to couples and single women so the op is way off the record !

Aw boo...thanks everyone...makes me feel a bit better hearing this place is even worse than I thought lol."

Think about how bad you think it is on here then x10 where time wasters are concerned

Plus side is there are some lovely people on here and the block button is a God send

over a year ago

2 for this week! I'm beginning to think it's me

over a year ago

For me there are no timewasters on here.

I expect

People will put everything else in their life before a meet.

There to be fakes who just want chat or pics

That im not gonna be everyones cup if tea and vice versa, so after chatting for a while there is clearly no connection.

Im not desperate, im not here to meet just anyone, this is an experience for me.. fun and sex. So i expect to have to wade through many to find the one i would want to meet.

So how can it be time wasting if its whats expected?

over a year ago

I sometimes feel like a time waster on here

over a year ago

"For me there are no timewasters on here.

I expect

That im not gonna be everyones cup if tea and vice versa, so after chatting for a while there is clearly no connection.

Im not desperate, im not here to meet just anyone, this is an experience for me.. fun and sex. So i expect to have to wade through many to find the one i would want to meet.

So how can it be time wasting if its whats expected?"

Its timewasting if i turn up for an arranged meet and they dont.

over a year ago

Which falls into the catergory of putting everything else in their life first, which i hope people do!

over a year ago

I get 2 every 5 minutes.... or at least that's what it feels like.

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

I expect

Its timewasting if i turn up for an arranged meet and they dont."

Exactly , and that’s the only true definition of a time waster .

over a year ago

Which falls into the catergory of putting everything else in their life first, which i hope people do!"

It's rude and definitely wasting the other persons time unless it was some sort of emergency that got in the way, I have a life beyond fab, work, kids etc but if I've arranged something I will turn up unless it was something important

By *.A.MGUY55Man
over a year ago

Rochdale

But why as your stunning convincing

over a year ago

Which falls into the catergory of putting everything else in their life first, which i hope people do!

It's rude and definitely wasting the other persons time unless it was some sort of emergency that got in the way, I have a life beyond fab, work, kids etc but if I've arranged something I will turn up unless it was something important "

Well i will always go on the bases of it being important.

If they are just messing aroubd then all it has shown is that they are someone i wouldnt want to meet. Which is expected

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

Which falls into the catergory of putting everything else in their life first, which i hope people do!"

Are you for real ?

You honestly think people should everything else in their life first , and leave people sitting on their own on an arranged meet ?

If someone has time to arrange a meet , then they should have time to cancel one . It’s that simple .

To suggest that they are correct in putting everything else over the arranged meet , and that it doesn’t matter is unbelievable ! It’s any wonder people get pissed off at the amount of time wasters on here with this attitude

over a year ago

It's rude and definitely wasting the other persons time unless it was some sort of emergency that got in the way, I have a life beyond fab, work, kids etc but if I've arranged something I will turn up unless it was something important

If they are just messing aroubd then all it has shown is that they are someone i wouldnt want to meet. Which is expected"

I'm a working mum! I get 2 days off a fortnight from kids and work if I arrange a meet then someone lets me down, I've potentially wasted a day off on some flakey timewaster/fake

It's rude! I'm guessing you think it's ok to do that in which case I pity anyone that arranges a meet with you!

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

If they are just messing aroubd then all it has shown is that they are someone i wouldnt want to meet. Which is expected

I'm a working mum! I get 2 days off a fortnight from kids and work if I arrange a meet then someone lets me down, I've potentially wasted a day off on some flakey timewaster/fake

It's rude! I'm guessing you think it's ok to do that in which case I pity anyone that arranges a meet with you! "

Exactly , and when we arrange a meet we have to find and pay a babysitter , spend hours getting ready etc..... just for someone to say an hour after the arranged meet time , ‘ something came up that was way more interesting than you ‘ .

It takes seconds to cancel .

over a year ago

It's rude! I'm guessing you think it's ok to do that in which case I pity anyone that arranges a meet with you!

Exactly , and when we arrange a meet we have to find and pay a babysitter , spend hours getting ready etc..... just for someone to say an hour after the arranged meet time , ‘ something came up that was way more interesting than you ‘ .

It takes seconds to cancel ."

It's outrageous how some people think it's ok to treat others! X

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

It's outrageous how some people think it's ok to treat others! X "

It’s been a bugbear of ours since we first joined over seven years ago . We have never let anyone down , and never will . Even if a disaster occurred in our personal life , we would let anyone know we were unable to make the meet . It’s just common decency .

over a year ago

I expect

Its timewasting if i turn up for an arranged meet and they dont.

Exactly , and that’s the only true definition of a time waster . "

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I'd tell them to bugger off.

over a year ago

as you can't name and shame which is what they deserve really quite pointless asking really

over a year ago

To be honest, as a single guy, you get to expect the no show, till the actually turn up.

It's still a pain in the arse, when you have gone through all the prep, shower, shave, clean bedding, everything tidy, one consolation, you get to sleep in nice clean bed linen that night

over a year ago

"To be honest, as a single guy, you get to expect the no show, till the actually turn up.

It's still a pain in the arse, when you have gone through all the prep, shower, shave, clean bedding, everything tidy, one consolation, you get to sleep in nice clean bed linen that night"

Single ladies too

over a year ago

Are you for real ?

You honestly think people should everything else in their life first , and leave people sitting on their own on an arranged meet ?

If someone has time to arrange a meet , then they should have time to cancel one . It’s that simple .

To suggest that they are correct in putting everything else over the arranged meet , and that it doesn’t matter is unbelievable ! It’s any wonder people get pissed off at the amount of time wasters on here with this attitude "

Guess im just not as desperate for sex as some then.

I really hope people will put family, friends, work over a meet!!

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"To be honest, as a single guy, you get to expect the no show, till the actually turn up.

It's still a pain in the arse, when you have gone through all the prep, shower, shave, clean bedding, everything tidy, one consolation, you get to sleep in nice clean bed linen that night

Single ladies too "

And couples. Sometimes only ever the male half meeting too.

over a year ago

Are you for real ?

To suggest that they are correct in putting everything else over the arranged meet , and that it doesn’t matter is unbelievable ! It’s any wonder people get pissed off at the amount of time wasters on here with this attitude

I really hope people will put family, friends, work over a meet!!"

It's not about being desperate for sex some of the meets I've been let down for have been social!!! It's about being polite, obviously you don't seem to understand that

over a year ago

It takes seconds to cancel ."

Even if the cancel is last min? And do you not think maybe dealing with something in the family wouldnt be more important?

over a year ago

Single ladies too

And couples. Sometimes only ever the male half meeting too. "

It makes me hesitant to even consider arranging meets from fab x

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Single ladies too

And couples. Sometimes only ever the male half meeting too.

It makes me hesitant to even consider arranging meets from fab x "

It's also why I don't meet new people. I meet friends list.

over a year ago

Even if the cancel is last min? And do you not think maybe dealing with something in the family wouldnt be more important?"

I totally get family and work come first but most let downs don't even use that as an excuse or contact after to explain they just don't turn up and block

over a year ago

Are you for real ?

I really hope people will put family, friends, work over a meet!!

It's not about being desperate for sex some of the meets I've been let down for have been social!!! It's about being polite, obviously you don't seem to understand that "

I guess i just expect it as it happens on this site, i dont take it personally.. we are all different and we have no idea whats going on in others lives..

As they say.. you never know what someone else is going through, be kind always.

As ive also said i expect to kiss a lot of frogs to find my prince, just another frog.. thats how it works

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

Are you for real ?

I really hope people will put family, friends, work over a meet!!"

It has nothing at all to do with being desperate or not .

It’s simply whether one finds it acceptable for someone to message an hour after the arranged meet time to say something came up . We certainly don’t , and the fact that you do makes me think you aren’t getting the gist of this .

No one has said they would put a meet over family , friends or work . What we are saying is why would anyone arrange a meet and not have the decency to cancel it if something comes up ?

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

Even if the cancel is last min? And do you not think maybe dealing with something in the family wouldnt be more important?"

Yes , even if it is last minute . As I said , it takes seconds and there really aren’t many examples of where anything is so important than you can’t take a moment to let someone know you won’t be turning up . It’s just common decency to a fellow human being .

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Chat on fab, chat on phone, arrange a social meet, take things from there. Very simple and it works. All of these things will w*ed out timewasters.

over a year ago

Even if the cancel is last min? And do you not think maybe dealing with something in the family wouldnt be more important?

Yes , even if it is last minute . As I said , it takes seconds and there really aren’t many examples of where anything is so important than you can’t take a moment to let someone know you won’t be turning up . It’s just common decency to a fellow human being ."

Yh and if they dont cancel then you know they are rude and wouldnt want to meet them anyway.. so surely its just a lucky escape? As ive said you cant expect to want to meet everyone surely? You must have some you woukd reject and these are just another one??

Its how the site works.. dont take it so personally.. i wouldnt waste a second getring upset as i know it happens and i expect it.. the world is full of rude people

over a year ago

Yes , even if it is last minute . As I said , it takes seconds and there really aren’t many examples of where anything is so important than you can’t take a moment to let someone know you won’t be turning up . It’s just common decency to a fellow human being .

Yh and if they dont cancel then you know they are rude and wouldnt want to meet them anyway.. so surely its just a lucky escape? As ive said you cant expect to want to meet everyone surely? You must have some you woukd reject and these are just another one??

Its how the site works.. dont take it so personally.. i wouldnt waste a second getring upset as i know it happens and i expect it.. the world is full of rude people"

Yes it is a lucky escape but they've still wasted my time! Which is what this threads about timewasters

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

Its how the site works.. dont take it so personally.. i wouldnt waste a second getring upset as i know it happens and i expect it.. the world is full of rude people"

Where did you get the idea that we want to meet everyone ?

We only want to meet the ones we arrange a meet with . And if they don’t turn up after arranging a meet with us then we are pissed off , because it’s rude and disrespectful to arrange something and to simply not turn up .

So rather than see it as a lucky escape , we will stick to hoping that others will show the same level of decency as we do , and at least let the meet know if they can’t make it .

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Anyone can say no right up to and during the meet. I’d expect people to have the courtesy to let me know as far ahead as possible though. We all have busy non fab lives and free time (for me at least) is a valuable commodity.

over a year ago

"Anyone can say no right up to and during the meet. I’d expect people to have the courtesy to let me know as far ahead as possible though. We all have busy non fab lives and free time (for me at least) is a valuable commodity. "

Exactly

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Anyone can say no right up to and during the meet. I’d expect people to have the courtesy to let me know as far ahead as possible though. We all have busy non fab lives and free time (for me at least) is a valuable commodity.

Exactly "

Yep

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

I've either been very lucky or my selection process is brilliant.. Ive Never had a time waster..

I'm feeling a little left out now

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

I generally do ok but once had three in one evening fuck me about and cancel last minute. I shoulda just planned a movie night in with a takeaway that day....

By *ineMan
over a year ago

Wasting my time reading a time wasters thread....

Who said irony doesn't work by txt

By *oelDorianMan
over a year ago

vanaheim

Nope probably not I’ve had a load

over a year ago

Well done

By *.A.MGUY55Man
over a year ago

Rochdale

If only I lived near I would love to have fun

By *adame1981Woman
over a year ago

Leicester

I had four that either cancelled or didn't turn up yesterday

It seems to be a recurring issue just recently

My only consolation is that it's not just me

Not going to lie I was beginning go get a complex ha ha

over a year ago

"I'm here wasting my time..."

#MeToo

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Roaming 'round your house

Wasting your time

No obligation, just

Wasting your time

over a year ago

"Roaming 'round your house

Wasting your time

No obligation, just

Wasting your time "

you singing......... Coz I can't get no, I can't get no coz I tried and I tried

over a year ago

I equalled that half hour ago

By *artinwellsMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Been on this site for a few years now and had my fair share of time wasters who suddenly remember they can’t come round because they forgot they were off on holiday/job interview/mother, brother, friend just come round/had to take dog to the vets etc. And those were just the ones who bothered to contact me.

It probably stops me meeting a load of genuine people, but before I meet anybody new now, I ask for a CLEAR face pic and a number I can call them on. If they refuse either one, or both, I just don’t meet. It’s meant that over the last six months since I started to do this, I haven’t had any problems. I appreciate that for privacy reasons people may not want to send a photo or give out their number as it may be a shared phone, but I was about to leave the site altogether because of the number of no shows. This method has put a stop to it, although I suppose there are several people with photos of somebody else and a second phone they can use, just to put a spanner in my system, but it hasn’t happened up to now.

Post new Message to Thread