Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Honesty

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Reading the thread on the Christmas spirit or daft made me think of this , I would have given the money back as well but have you ever got home from shopping with a freebie that you didnt know about?

A couple of times I have been shopping put everything on the check out or in the case of a DIY store had the cashier come round and scan items in trolley , when got home and looked at receipt have had items not gone through , me I didnt go back as that was cashiers fault not mine but what would you do go back or say nothing

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

If i honestly thought id paid for the items and it hadnt gone through it wouldnt be my fault. So no i wouldnt take them back

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 10/11/11 17:33:15]

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

I went shopping and put a large case of beer under the trolley and genuinly forgot it.

Got outside unloaded the rtolley, went to take it back and realised about the beer.

I went back in, went to customer services and explained the situaution. The store manager was there and he said 'Madam for your honesty have that with our compliments'.

Damn wish it had been a case of champagne

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Say nothing.

over a year ago

we went to B&Q today ... found what we wanted priced at £89 ....it had been reduced from £129 ... bargain we thought.... went through the checkout and when scanned it shown as £49 ??? said nothing, paid & walked out

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"Say nothing."

Love the username

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

"I went shopping and put a large case of beer under the trolley and genuinly forgot it.

Got outside unloaded the rtolley, went to take it back and realised about the beer.

I went back in, went to customer services and explained the situaution. The store manager was there and he said 'Madam for your honesty have that with our compliments'.

Damn wish it had been a case of champagne"

Jesus.... our store manager wouldn't do that!! lol

By *orestersCouple
over a year ago

The Forest

If it was from a big supermarket chain kind of store, I'd say nothing. They make billions out of us shoppers and shouldn't make that kind of mistake! If it was a small, independent store, I'd take it back and pay for it, but tell them off for not being more vigilante in this day and age

over a year ago

"we went to B&Q today ... found what we wanted priced at £89 ....it had been reduced from £129 ... bargain we thought.... went through the checkout and when scanned it shown as £49 ??? said nothing, paid & walked out "

Having worked in retail that can mean that the person doing the shelf edge labels hasnt caught up with the EPOS that week , still a good result though

over a year ago

yeah even if its a small item, went round tesco once and popped a cute headband on litle one sat in the trolley.. came to pay, got to the car and realised id forgot the headband..

went back in and paid for it. Id have felt guilty every time she wore if after

over a year ago

I went to get a new big telly from Asda last year, put in on the trolley and went to what I thought was the place to pay for electrics..waited bleedin ages then when I spoke to girl she goes "oh I thought you'd already paid for it"

F'kin Gutted

over a year ago

"yeah even if its a small item, went round tesco once and popped a cute headband on litle one sat in the trolley.. came to pay, got to the car and realised id forgot the headband..

went back in and paid for it. Id have felt guilty every time she wore if after "

Thats different I would have done the same as was my mistake ,Im on about when you give everything to cashier and they dont put in through

Post new Message to Thread