Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Christmas spirit or daft?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Went to but a lottery ticket in supermarket last night,the area in front of counter was empty, i glanced a purplish coloured bit of paper, turned out to be 2x £20notes and a £10note,£50!!

My first reaction for a mere second was "woo, amazing" then "oh god some poor persons dropped that", christmas coming up,nobody can afford to lose £50 these days. So i told the lady at the counter, i said "honesty time, just found this, must of been your last customer".

Leaft a contact number for myself incase they found the owner of it, they did, and i got the thank you call before i even leaft the shop.

Think i would of done it automatically regardless of it being the build up to christmas, luv to know if other would of done the same or not, i'll be honest i had that "god i could use £50 right now thing going on in my head but, i simply dont have it in me to do that.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Well done you, the temptation must have been there and nice to know that you got the call of thanks

over a year ago

"Well done you, the temptation must have been there and nice to know that you got the call of thanks"

Yes, it was nice, could hear the relief in his voice actually, he said i had restored his faith in human nature,lol

By *edhotminxWoman
over a year ago

Turn left at the Singing Ringing Tree

I bet that person felt sick at losing their money and then very glad that some decent person had been honest enough to hand it in. Glad you got a thank you call from them.

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Aaawww thats nice,I could'nt have kept it either

over a year ago

what goes around comes around ...good stuff .

over a year ago

"what goes around comes around ...good stuff ."

Well i aint checked the two lottery tickets i bought yet,,,

By *earhugs1Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

You did a good thing. Well done.

About 10 years ago I found £100 at a cash machine. There was no one else around so I could have easily kept it. I will be honest and say for a fleeting second I thought about it, but I knew I would just feel guilty, so I took it to the police station.

6 months later I had a card from.the police to say no one had claimed it so it was mine! K x

over a year ago

Once found a puppy "Lassie" style dog when i was a kid and that was a diffrent story.

Took it home,(it had been out all night),there was zero willingness to hand that back when my folks said, "you do know we have to find the owners son".

"Ehh, no we dont"!!!

They will be lookin for it,"no they wont"!!!

We need to call the police, "No we dont"!! lol

over a year ago

In this day and age you were lucky you didn't get mugged for it before it got to the owners! lol

Seriously though, not many people would have handed it in and that cash might have been for some kids' xmas pressies.

over a year ago

Spirit all way love it

over a year ago

That relief in the voice would have made me feel good and know that I'd done the right thing.

Yes its natural to fleetingly think about keeping it.

But would you really have got pleasure spending it unknowing whether someone may be at home crying over the loss of the money that may have been desperately needed.

I would have also handed it in, as I did once when someone left their purse on the self service bit at Asda a few weeks ago, the lady had started to walk off so I was able to call her back. I just couldn't rest thinking I'd spent someone elses money

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

well done

over a year ago

My son found an expensive mobile phone in the car park. It was pink so he was hoping some grateful young lady would own it! He rang contact labelled Mum and reunited owner. She was a MILF (he is 22) so he was a very happy bunny. Truth is he would have handed it back anyway but I was mega pleased with him, bless.

over a year ago

Good on ya I would have done the same and have twice already albeit just a tenner both times

I canna just walk away an assistant at currys gave me 30 too much change and I was on the carpark before I realised so back I went xx

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Honesty is always the best policy....

over a year ago

I would've handed it in too...then cried about it lol!

Last week I got a letter to my address but another name on it, I started to open it before I'd put the light on so hadn't realized it wasn't mine. anyhoo it was a bank card wih a letter saying the 'pin number' would arrive in the post next week.

I dunno if I could even have used it without knowing the old number but I was so scared of being tempted (bloody skint as usual) I phoned the bank straight away.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Well done you, the temptation must have been there and nice to know that you got the call of thanks

Yes, it was nice, could hear the relief in his voice actually, he said i had restored his faith in human nature,lol"

and that i would think is better than the money

nice one

over a year ago

Big pat on the back to you!

Well done mate, hope it warmed the cockles of ur heart!

xxx

over a year ago

Well done you, made someone's day we bet.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

I would do the same thing, I wouldn't like to feel like I'd make someone hard up especially at Christmas and would imagine a little old lady doing without or a child having lost saved up money that they were going to buy presents with, there are just too many combinations! Good for you and I believe in reaping what you sow. Z

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"I would do the same thing, I wouldn't like to feel like I'd make someone hard up especially at Christmas and would imagine a little old lady doing without or a child having lost saved up money that they were going to buy presents with, there are just too many combinations! Good for you and I believe in reaping what you sow. Z"

I could not agree more.

over a year ago

"Went to but a lottery ticket in supermarket last night,the area in front of counter was empty, i glanced a purplish coloured bit of paper, turned out to be 2x £20notes and a £10note,£50!!

My first reaction for a mere second was "woo, amazing" then "oh god some poor persons dropped that", christmas coming up,nobody can afford to lose £50 these days. So i told the lady at the counter, i said "honesty time, just found this, must of been your last customer".

Leaft a contact number for myself incase they found the owner of it, they did, and i got the thank you call before i even leaft the shop.

Think i would of done it automatically regardless of it being the build up to christmas, luv to know if other would of done the same or not, i'll be honest i had that "god i could use £50 right now thing going on in my head but, i simply dont have it in me to do that."

Nice to see you did the right thing. I would have been upset if i'd lost that amount so you can sit down this evening knowing you made someone smile and believe there are still honest people in the world.

By *eaboMan
over a year ago

marden

bet the feeling you got when they rang to say thankyou was worth more than fifty quid.

Post new Message to Thread