Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Perceptions

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

last night i was on cam, ok i was on there most of the day on and off.

i was told a few times yesterday that "im prettier than the person thought"

i was flattered and then angry that someone thought that i was a minger (as I don't show my face pics much on my profile)

Do you have perceptions of people and when you see them on cam or meet them in person they are different to how you thought?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

see i think im prettier on cam than in person. which makes meeting someone a nervy experience even for a social.. because im 'worse' in the flesh

over a year ago

"see i think im prettier on cam than in person. which makes meeting someone a nervy experience even for a social.. because im 'worse' in the flesh "

strange isnt it. im happy with how i look sometimes i wish this and that but overall im happy

and you are pretty x

over a year ago

Pictures can often to people a injustice we have met alot of people and thought WOW they look amazing.. their pictures didnt do them any favours.. but me and mark are the same, our pictures don't do us any favours and people are often pleasently surprised when they meet us or see us on cam.

its not that people think your a minger, just that you are alot prettier than your photographs make you out to be ( not saying that your photos dont make you look pretty )

over a year ago

been pleasantly surprised a couple of times as the guy was hotter in person than on his pic.

had a guy turn up who only looked about 20 and he said he was 31.

over a year ago

"Pictures can often to people a injustice we have met alot of people and thought WOW they look amazing.. their pictures didnt do them any favours.. but me and mark are the same, our pictures don't do us any favours and people are often pleasently surprised when they meet us or see us on cam.

its not that people think your a minger, just that you are alot prettier than your photographs make you out to be ( not saying that your photos dont make you look pretty )"

i only show the good photos im happy with LOL so if im pulling a strange face or not looking how i want to be i wont show

LOL

over a year ago

"last night i was on cam, ok i was on there most of the day on and off.

i was flattered and then angry that someone thought that i was a minger (as I don't show my face pics much on my profile)

Do you have perceptions of people and when you see them on cam or meet them in person they are different to how you thought?

"

jacks you are pretty,some people are just shallow,and best to just ignore xx

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Think photos can often be deceiving...more often than not, we find people look better in the flesh.

over a year ago

All I can say about my pics is thank god fa photoshop xx

over a year ago

people say i am nicer then my pics .. so that makes me feel my pics are not good i have taken alot myself .. i think some are better with a camra.

over a year ago

I think you look nice in your picture even though i cant see much of your face. I doubt that he thought you were a minger, he probably just thought you looked even better on cam. A few times when i have met men who just had one face picture they have looked less atractive, older or fatter.

over a year ago

jacks you are pretty,some people are just shallow,and best to just ignore xx"

its not about that it was the comment was made in the chat room LOL

u know im not egotistical and stuck up my own arse like others chick

over a year ago

I think we are all guilty of some degree of pre-judging others, so I'd accept the comments as compliments.

Certainly when it comes to pics, some people are blessed with being stunningly photogenic, but for others a static photo can never quite capture the warmth of a smile, the cheeky glint in an eye etc that you get from interacting with the actual human being...

On the flipside though it equally doesn't capture the fact that someone might have the voice of a foghorn or chronic halitosis either!

over a year ago

jacks you are pretty,some people are just shallow,and best to just ignore xx

its not about that it was the comment was made in the chat room LOL

u know im not egotistical and stuck up my own arse like others chick "

i know your not,and that in its self is a plus....

over a year ago

Not so long back I used to imagine how people looked from how they sounded on the phone (when the phone was the only initial contact point) - that used to surprise me many a time, and in a good way... lol ;o)

Wolf

over a year ago

Photo's do some people no justice, luckily ive got a special instinct that tells me if the person is a looker or not without seeing a face pic. 90% of the time im right.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I look shocking on cam, mainly because the camera on the laptop is so close that it makes my face look huge and you can practically see my nose hair....

But if I have the cam further away so that my head looks normal in relation to the rest of me I cant see the keyboard

So I just dont bother

over a year ago

jacqs you are very pretty whoever said your a minger was wrong.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"I look shocking on cam, mainly because the camera on the laptop is so close that it makes my face look huge and you can practically see my nose hair....

But if I have the cam further away so that my head looks normal in relation to the rest of me I cant see the keyboard

So I just dont bother"

lol I find this too with our laptop

over a year ago

"jacqs you are very pretty whoever said your a minger was wrong. "

he didnt say i was a minger but it was like i had 2 heads

thats what i mean

over a year ago

I don't use cam so can't really answer.

All I will say is that many people are much better in the flesh than their 2D images portray.

I take a dreadful picture (but then again some would say I'm dreadful in the flesh too )

over a year ago

"All I can say about my pics is thank god fa photoshop xx "

You need to read the instructions fella

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

People always say to me your not how i thought you would be. Not sure if thats a good or bad thing. When i was on another site and we had socials. I didnt cam and people said i looked nicer than then they thought i would.

Mind you you go to socials and you see some people and i think, wish i had a camera as good as theirs lol

over a year ago

no i dont . i look different in the flesh to on the cam ...not the most photogenic of folk . besides anyone could be having an off day when on cam , until you met them in the flesh you never know .

over a year ago

I went to Abfabs over a year ago to meet a few from the chat rooms was told to change my profile pic as it was bloody awful and I looked much better in real life, wasnt sure whether to laugh or cry

over a year ago

"I went to Abfabs over a year ago to meet a few from the chat rooms was told to change my profile pic as it was bloody awful and I looked much better in real life, wasnt sure whether to laugh or cry "

I luvs ya anyway Jet !

You can be Esmeralda to my Quasi anytime

over a year ago

"I went to Abfabs over a year ago to meet a few from the chat rooms was told to change my profile pic as it was bloody awful and I looked much better in real life, wasnt sure whether to laugh or cry

I luvs ya anyway Jet !

You can be Esmeralda to my Quasi anytime "

I will be sure and tell HIM he has a new lover later ok

over a year ago

"I went to Abfabs over a year ago to meet a few from the chat rooms was told to change my profile pic as it was bloody awful and I looked much better in real life, wasnt sure whether to laugh or cry

I luvs ya anyway Jet !

I will be sure and tell HIM he has a new lover later ok "

stop it - it's too early to be gettin frisky

i haven't had me blood pressure tablets yet

over a year ago

I luvs ya anyway Jet !

I will be sure and tell HIM he has a new lover later ok

stop it - it's too early to be gettin frisky

i haven't had me blood pressure tablets yet "

go take them now then give them chance to work

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Yes, I always try and imagine what someone looks like and I have never got it right yet !

I think a few people think I will look like the woman chaser from The Chase so anything is a surprise after that

Post new Message to Thread