Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

sad times

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

woke this morning to sad news why is life so bloody cruel...my daughters best friends dad died last nite major heatattack,brought it all back as i lost my bf this month 3 yrs to same thing,jeeez life eh...always something for someone and so near bloody christmas,makes you realise lifes worth living every second.....sorry for ranting...no bugger else to tell.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"woke this morning to sad news why is life so bloody cruel...my daughters best friends dad died last nite major heatattack,brought it all back as i lost my bf this month 3 yrs to same thing,jeeez life eh...always something for someone and so near bloody christmas,makes you realise lifes worth living every second.....sorry for ranting...no bugger else to tell. "

Awww big hugs to you xxxx

over a year ago

We're here a relatively short time on this planet. We must make the most of the time we're allowed.

Massive hugs out to ya xx

over a year ago

so sorry to hear this.there's never a good time to lose someone but it always seems harder near christmas. i lost my dad in 1997 same thing he was 58. still feels like yesterday.

your right live is worth living every second none of us know when it will be our time

over a year ago

thanks peeps...sorry to be so depressing but just needed to get it off my chest...

over a year ago

Your right life you have to make the most of it. We just never know whats around the corner .. things can come right out of the blue at times and knock you for six . only this week i here of a man and wife dieing 5 days apart him with his heart her with broken heart 60s thats not old . Its never easy dealing with death time is the only thing that help you learn to live with it and the pain still there but we learn to cope .(((.BIG HUGS THERE ))))

over a year ago

thanks..needing the hugs today im normally a hard bith but this as deffo brought back way too many sad memories..thank u for the hugs xxxx

over a year ago

"sorry for ranting...no bugger else to tell. "

rant away

that's what we're here for

it's not all about gettin laid

you make sure your little 'un is ok too - cos she will be feeling it too x

over a year ago

thats why im as upset as i am my daughters my life and shes a tough cookie,but she saw my bf die in my arms only 3yrs agao today and this has brought it all back...and i can see her pain all i can do is hold her and tellher i love her but feel helpless...really sorry im blubbering on

over a year ago

Blubber away, it is better to grieve now, bottling it up is never good, it could make you ill.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, arms around you and your daughter, xxxxx

over a year ago

your all so kind...thank you wasnt sure to post this or not but glad i did,thank you xx

over a year ago

"your all so kind...thank you wasnt sure to post this or not but glad i did,thank you xx"

Zara,

Here is an extract from a piece by an American guy called Bob Perks - it's called 'I wish you enough'

In the longer piece, he talks about the fact he is a travelling businessman and how in airports he sees so many different emotions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here goes :

Recently I overheard a father and daughter in their last moments together.

They had announced her departure and standing near the security gate, they

hugged and he said, "I love you. I wish you enough." She in turn said,

"Daddy, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever

needed. I wish you enough, too, Daddy."

They kissed and she left. He walked over toward the window where I was

seated.

Standing there I could see he wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to

intrude on his privacy, but he welcomed me in by asking, "Did you ever say

goodbye to someone knowing it would be forever?"

"Yes, I have," I replied. Saying that brought back memories I had of expressing my love and appreciation for all my Dad had done for me.

Recognizing that his days were limited, I took the time to tell him face to face how much he meant to me.

So I knew what this man experiencing.

"Forgive me for asking, but why is this a forever goodbye?" I asked.

"I am old and she lives much too far away. I have challenges ahead and the

reality is, the next trip back would be for my funeral," he said.

"When you were saying goodbye I heard you say, "I wish you enough." May I

ask what that means?"

He began to smile. "That's a wish that has been handed down from other

generations.

My parents used to say it to everyone." He paused for a moment and looking up as if trying to remember it in detail, he smiled even more.

"When we said 'I wish you enough,' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them," he continued

Then turning toward me he shared the following as if he were reciting it from memory.

"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.

I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much

bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.

I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I wish enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope your dughters friend and her dad wished each other 'enough'

over a year ago

Its the only certainty in life that we are all going to die and there isn't a more painful experience than when someone goes relatively young.

I feel for the family and yourself.

You have to tell yourself that if the person was here, they would want you to live a full and happy life instead of being sad and mournful.

All you can do now is be there for the family and help as much as you can.

over a year ago

wow,very touching and made me cry even more..i too hope they did weall take life for granted and sometimes dont say what we mean i learnt that lesson when i lost my bf,and from that day on i always say what i mean and tell the people i love how much i love them cos when they are gone its too late,thank you for that.

By *ce-2uMan
over a year ago

winsford,Chester & wirral

wow bus you got me crying now.

over a year ago

Really sorry to hear it and having been through a very close relative dying recently I know it's a tough time.

The pain will be very raw and only goes with time. If you can try and take the feeling that life is precious and may be short and make the most of what you have.

Good luck with it and it's always better to let it out if you need to.

over a year ago

bus you will have us all crying now xxxxx kissesxx

Post new Message to Thread