Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Are you....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

A modern thinking go getter who is always moving forward in life..

Or are you someone stuck in the past.. possibly had a full and interesting career maybe but now its gone your still living the same life in your head as then maybe??

We meet many like that (Not Play, work wise).. who were once part of the great machinery, services maybe, civil servants etc and rightly proud.. but just can't now move on.. They talk of nothing else, still feel they are in someway part maybe.. but bore the tits off you with Well, it was once done like this that and the other...

Anyone else know people like that??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"A modern thinking go getter who is always moving forward in life..

Or are you someone stuck in the past.. possibly had a full and interesting career maybe but now its gone your still living the same life in your head as then maybe??

We meet many like that (Not Play, work wise).. who were once part of the great machinery, services maybe, civil servants etc and rightly proud.. but just can't now move on.. They talk of nothing else, still feel they are in someway part maybe.. but bore the tits off you with Well, it was once done like this that and the other...

"

have come across a few ...but personally we are more the get over it and move on types ourselves ...

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"

"

Sadly.... yes.

And if it is not the career history (yeah it's history mate - get over it!) there are some who do it about:

the cars they use to drive

the money they use to spend

the sodding sofa they had

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"

Sadly.... yes.

And if it is not the career history (yeah it's history mate - get over it!) there are some who do it about:

the sodding sofa they had "

oooohhh cruel ....pmsl

over a year ago

"

Sadly.... yes.

still got the same sofas in one the of the rooms of the house that are older than my daughter and she's 19

the car i once loved got wrote off

keep spending the money

and as far as jobs, i have never had any aspirations in life other than to be happy. so i only look back at the jobs i have had and remember the laughs i had.

so nah dont think all thats me somehow. am just a boring fart

over a year ago

Defo more move onward and upward types here...

Living on a glorified past is just sad...

over a year ago

Yes learn from the past dont dwell on it...so looking forward 2 seeing my daughter grow up become a young women meet boys

over a year ago

"A modern thinking go getter who is always moving forward in life..

"

Going by your picture..... no one has bored the TITS of EITHER of you - it's like looking at Boobs R Us!

over a year ago

Uhmmmmmmmm i'm seldom static - love evolving. In late chrysalis phase again at the mo ..... get me a better analogy ...

over a year ago

"

Oooooh have you seen ours x

over a year ago

we had to bring this to the front again srange but we have been chatting to someone ike this today on ere .......

over a year ago

"we had to bring this to the front again srange but we have been chatting to someone ike this today on ere ....... "

With literally only 2 years to retirement we are so looking forward to escaping the rat race and seeing more of the world.

A gap year of travelling followed by moving to a sunnier climate, we cant wait

over a year ago

"we had to bring this to the front again srange but we have been chatting to someone ike this today on ere .......

With literally only 2 years to retirement we are so looking forward to escaping the rat race and seeing more of the world.

A gap year of travelling followed by moving to a sunnier climate, we cant wait "

papua new guinea is nice??

over a year ago

"we had to bring this to the front again srange but we have been chatting to someone ike this today on ere .......

A gap year of travelling followed by moving to a sunnier climate, we cant wait "

Has it got the internet?

over a year ago

Has it got the internet? "

Definitely, as this site is such fun

over a year ago

Has it got the internet?

Definitely, as this site is such fun "

Phew... Was worried for a minute

Post new Message to Thread