Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

offering to help

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Have you ever offered to do something for somneone that then turns out to be a bigger job than you 1st thought..... My son asked me if i would make some extra christmas cards for his form to sell at the schools christmas fair, of course i said i would.... its no big deal, just make a few more (i thought)

he comes home tonight having taken one to school to show his form tutor and tells me i need to make 200 as they are great......... 200? for this christmas? OMG......

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

sound like a good money making thing to me ,thought of applying for next years apprentice!

over a year ago

"sound like a good money making thing to me ,thought of applying for next years apprentice! "

hey, lets not encourage him!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

With my previous employment history some times I offer to intervene with debt collectors and bailiffs, always trouble and I never get a thankyou.....

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"Have you ever offered to do something for somneone that then turns out to be a bigger job than you 1st thought..... My son asked me if i would make some extra christmas cards for his form to sell at the schools christmas fair, of course i said i would.... its no big deal, just make a few more (i thought)

he comes home tonight having taken one to school to show his form tutor and tells me i need to make 200 as they are great......... 200? for this christmas? OMG......"

can you send me one to xx

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 09/11/11 16:51:37]

over a year ago

just 1 more wont be a problem! at least im getting my expenses reimbursed!

Post new Message to Thread