Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What is your Luxurys in life?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Was chating this week to people who deal with late holidays not alot around even topend.. thay say if you book now months before you go you get better offers then a week before loads off if you book like 12 months before ... thay say its a lifes luxury and now we are on hard times alots have to save so deals better. Alot of things now are lifes luxurys what could you not live with out.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A luxury is being able to connect to the internet for me at the moment, with a rather worrying drop in work and money being so tight, the little things are a luxury now

By *uro anchorMan
over a year ago

Coventry

internet and car... all i need to get to norwich lol..

over a year ago

regular retreats - be them in this country or abroad

rarely planned more than a month or two in advance

my selfish luxury is probably molton brown shower gels - but i always have some cheap stuff in for day to day showers too

i also like good quality ingredients in food - not a lover of posh restaurants tho - prefer a kebab in rusholme in one of the small cafes the arabs / asians frequent

nothing extravagent about a £3.80 kebab - but the freshly cooked naan, topped with chicken tikka and a fresh salad is just divine !

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

i could live With out all luxuries. thats what they are luxuries. there are plenty of people that cant afford the basics in life. never heard of anyone dying from not having a holiday

over a year ago

"i could live With out all luxuries. thats what they are luxuries. there are plenty of people that cant afford the basics in life. never heard of anyone dying from not having a holiday"
when some work 24/7 i think some feel its nice to get away if thay can .. some its a nice car thats my mum and dad thay save a little for the car thay like and takes them years .. my sister its books she gets 4 a week ...

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Molton Brown toiletries

Creed aftershave

and Art.

Art is more of an investment than a luxury...

I eat out a lot but cooking for one is often a chore..

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Don't have many at all as we can't afford them at the moment.

We have had to really cut back on most things this year to keep our heads above water, but to be honest it hasn't really done us any harm.

over a year ago

Molton Brown handwash....luv it

over a year ago

"Molton Brown handwash....luv it"
3 of you said Molton Brown i am looking now for that and maybe xmas gifts for mum and sister and brother in-law.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Molton Brown handwash....luv it 3 of you said Molton Brown i am looking now for that and maybe xmas gifts for mum and sister and brother in-law."

for guys... the Black Pepper one is fantastic.

over a year ago

"Molton Brown handwash....luv it 3 of you said Molton Brown i am looking now for that and maybe xmas gifts for mum and sister and brother in-law."

If you buy some, join the mailing list - they send you offers throughout the year.

You usually have to spend a bit to get the special offer but when a shower gel is £16/£17 a bottle, the returns can be quite good.

Also, look if they have any stores near you in Designer Outlets - the ranges in there aren't as wide as in the main stores, but you can get good reductions / gift packs for reduced prices. I got 3 body sprays for £20 - when they retail at £15 each in the main stores.

over a year ago

"Molton Brown handwash....luv it 3 of you said Molton Brown i am looking now for that and maybe xmas gifts for mum and sister and brother in-law.

for guys... the Black Pepper one is fantastic."

well you just helped picked my lovely brother-in laws gift x x thanks xx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"i could live With out all luxuries. thats what they are luxuries. there are plenty of people that cant afford the basics in life. never heard of anyone dying from not having a holiday when some work 24/7 i think some feel its nice to get away if thay can .. some its a nice car thats my mum and dad thay save a little for the car thay like and takes them years .. my sister its books she gets 4 a week ... "
i agree jo and i have plenty of luxuries. but the question was what couldnt live without

over a year ago

"i could live With out all luxuries. thats what they are luxuries. there are plenty of people that cant afford the basics in life. never heard of anyone dying from not having a holiday when some work 24/7 i think some feel its nice to get away if thay can .. some its a nice car thats my mum and dad thay save a little for the car thay like and takes them years .. my sister its books she gets 4 a week ... i agree jo and i have plenty of luxuries. but the question was what couldnt live without"
heating food and stuffs people now see them as luxs heating is now petrol is too .. cost of living now makes our everyday things seem a luxurie in life.

over a year ago

Chocolate fudge brownie and sticky toffee pudding flavour frijj milkshakes. Droooooollllll..........

over a year ago

Being able to give my dad some money to spend on himself every payday

love it!

over a year ago

"Chocolate fudge brownie and sticky toffee pudding flavour frijj milkshakes.

Droooooollllll.........."

somebody's got a sweet tooth !

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

My car , I bought it as a treat when the kids decided no grandchldren for me but I love it,now have to keep working to pay the petrol.

over a year ago

"Being able to give my dad some money to spend on himself every payday

love it!"

thats nice my son did it when he was working. gave his sister £5 sat out of his final paycheck.

i would spend my last penny on my mum

over a year ago

"Being able to give my dad some money to spend on himself every payday

love it!"

ooo you lovely young man x x that really nice of you to do that. x

over a year ago

"somebody's got a sweet tooth !"
Very sweet, addicted to haribos as well!

over a year ago

I do enjoy a nice holiday every year. I have booked for next year, going to Mexico, I like to book early and then I can budget and save for the whole year.

I like to go to New York every year, couldn't afford it this year and probably won't next either.

I buy one designer handbag a year,

I can't afford designer clothes though I do like quality clothes. I tend to look in the sales all the time. I won't buy clothes from Primark. I'd rather buy quality clothes in a secondhand shop than cheap clothes from Primark.

Other than that I don't have any other luxuries, just normal day to day living, food products I buy from Asda, luxury food items elsewhere.

I don't feel guilty about spending what I do. I work for my living and I've taken exams to progress. I haven't sat there moaning that the world hasn't come to me, so I am happy to spend what I can afford on something nice once in a while.

If I couldn't afford the basics then I wouldnt spend on the luxuries.

over a year ago

"somebody's got a sweet tooth !

Very sweet, addicted to haribos as well! "

oh we lurves the haribo's down here too

whenever i go to makro, that's the first aisle i head for !

By *icboyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"somebody's got a sweet tooth !

Very sweet, addicted to haribos as well! "

Me too...my luxury is a haircut...head massage, by people that are fully qualified to know how to do both...

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

My luxury is a haircut as dont have them very often and also a bottle of lol. simple pleasures

over a year ago

I know you can pick up hand wash for a £1 and Molton Brown is about £15 last time I bought it. But the smell is beautiful and really lingers

By *ittlemorespiceCouple
over a year ago

North Cornwall

There is no luxury I can't live without but I do love my nice car and like you jo, our boat is fab fir the summer. My current little treat is _ruity jelly beans.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Fortunately.....the higher end chocolate and confectionary sector is thriving, it would seem that during these hard times people are looking for a little bit of affordable luxury to help them forget their worries.

But personally for me an individual custard tart every friday afternoon is my little luxury in life...with a cup of tea of course!

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

My classic cars, having met so many nice people in the scene.

over a year ago

"My classic cars, having met so many nice people in the scene. "

oh just luv classic cars - try and get to tatton park every year for the big show there and have a drool over some of them

By *o Peep n WoodyCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

I absolutely love my bit of me time at the spa/pool and gym. I could live without it no problem but its my little bit of guilty pleasure at the end of a stressy week

over a year ago

"My classic cars, having met so many nice people in the scene. "
i love to look at them too .. loads of hard work go into them cars ,, when i was a child we had a morgan i would not get a seat but have to go in back , lol

over a year ago

"I absolutely love my bit of me time at the spa/pool and gym. I could live without it no problem but its my little bit of guilty pleasure at the end of a stressy week"
i had a gym membership and i loved it i got to meet all sorts of people too xx

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Hair cut and coloured every 4 weeks, 5 nights at Ragdale Hall spa coupla times a year, foreign hol with my bessy mate every winter, sexy undies and sleep(!)wear. I work hard for my dosh and only have myself to worry about so I'm gonna spend it on lovely treats for me, me, me

By *DSRMan
over a year ago

leicester

gym membership, endless amounts of food (i men 6 big meals a day sorta food) plus protein shakes... little holidays here and there, the odd visit to a strange and wounderful city in the Uk, the odd night out with mates etc

I like to buy cloths to.. ihave loads of designer tops and boots (ralf, helly henson etc)

I've sold most my musical equipment over the last 2 years, but i like to think i'll spoil myself with more at some point (I still got the important basis for the home studio)

maybe other stuff to but you'd have to chat to me to learn more x

over a year ago

Coffee, we have all the ingredients at work to create a coffee no problem, but i prefer a Costa or a Star B any day!

over a year ago

Friends...

Post new Message to Thread