Just East of Wakefield

Once more, far too many responses

(thread closed)

Try again

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I'm getting confused with all these cycling threads lol I'm sure I started a part 5 albeit a bit prematurely!

Still upset about calling quits on my 64 miles yesterday at 34 miles but know it was the right thing to do should have known how tough it was bring in the cotswolds.

Found abother 64 mile audax that I'm going to enter though.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Cycling on roads should be banned

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/05/18 10:46:28]

over a year ago

"Cycling on roads should be banned "

over a year ago

evesham

So should trolling young man!

over a year ago

evesham

This is a thread for cycling enthusiasts.... If you don't like cycling and have nothing to add but negativity may I respectfully suggest starting your own 'we hate cycling/cyclists thread.

Many thanks.

over a year ago

"Cycling on roads should be banned

So should trolling young man! "

One mans opinion, other woman’s trolling

over a year ago

"This is a thread for cycling enthusiasts.... If you don't like cycling and have nothing to add but negativity may I respectfully suggest starting your own 'we hate cycling/cyclists thread.

Many thanks. "

It’s a public forum where people can freely express their opinion about cycling

Forgot to mention, cyclists are very angry creatures

over a year ago

Yeah, and so should cars they're the cause of most accidents

over a year ago

Yeah, and so should cars they're the cause of most accidents"

Because of cyclists

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

I’d like to know how you can enjoy cycling and not suffer with errr sore bits.....

I’ve got a gel saddle and padded shorts, also nature is providing me with extra padding which is why I’d like to exercise...

I find I can’t sit properly for days after I’ve been on my bike...

over a year ago

"I’d like to know how you can enjoy cycling and not suffer with errr sore bits.....

I’ve got a gel saddle and padded shorts, also nature is providing me with extra padding which is why I’d like to exercise...

I find I can’t sit properly for days after I’ve been on my bike..."

You do get sore muscles when are start any exercise, if you keep doing it, it will be fine

Kiss my hand and thank me later

over a year ago

evesham

"This is a thread for cycling enthusiasts.... If you don't like cycling and have nothing to add but negativity may I respectfully suggest starting your own 'we hate cycling/cyclists thread.

Many thanks.

Forgot to mention, cyclists are very angry creatures "

I'm not angry..... Just disappointed in your trolling exploits

over a year ago

evesham

"I’d like to know how you can enjoy cycling and not suffer with errr sore bits.....

You just learn to love the pain lol

over a year ago

Many thanks.

I'm not angry..... Just disappointed in your trolling exploits "

You need side mirrors, insurance, number plate and reasonable consideration towards other motorists... how is it fair to hold off traffic behind you for 4 fucking 5 minutes!

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

You do get sore muscles when are start any exercise, if you keep doing it, it will be fine

Kiss my hand and thank me later "

Kissing hand seems fair specially when other options are normally suggested..

over a year ago

Kiss my hand and thank me later

Kissing hand seems fair specially when other options are normally suggested.. "

Yes, I didn’t say suck my cock so

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

You just learn to love the pain lol "

Ohhh was hoping for an insiders guide....

over a year ago

evesham

Ohhh was hoping for an insiders guide.... "

I've got padded pants, padded shorts and a padded foof but it does still hurt at times. Bit of baseline or chamois cream can help the intimate chaffing side of things.

over a year ago

I've got padded pants, padded shorts and a padded foof but it does still hurt at times. Bit of baseline or chamois cream can help the intimate chaffing side of things. "

The word you are looking for is Vaseline

over a year ago

evesham

I've got padded pants, padded shorts and a padded foof but it does still hurt at times. Bit of baseline or chamois cream can help the intimate chaffing side of things.

The word you are looking for is Vaseline "

Thanks

over a year ago

Thanks "

And no cycling on roads

over a year ago

evesham

Thanks

And no cycling on roads "

I started a thread for you....

over a year ago

Thanks

And no cycling on roads

I started a thread for you.... "

Why not cycle on a exercise machine?

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

Thanks

And no cycling on roads "

Ha ha you’d hate me, im all over the place trying to keep near the verge, but with badly maintained roads, potholes and the thought of injuring myself in my quest to get fit and save the environment, I believe as I pay road tax I feel entitled to ride where I want....

over a year ago

Thanks

And no cycling on roads

Ha ha you’d hate me, im all over the place trying to keep near the verge, but with badly maintained roads, potholes and the thought of injuring myself in my quest to get fit and save the environment, I believe as I pay road tax I feel entitled to ride where I want.... "

Typical cyclist’s attitude there

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

Thanks

And no cycling on roads

Ha ha you’d hate me, im all over the place trying to keep near the verge, but with badly maintained roads, potholes and the thought of injuring myself in my quest to get fit and save the environment, I believe as I pay road tax I feel entitled to ride where I want....

Typical cyclist’s attitude there "

All paid up and legal unlike some... but then you sound like your not at all considerate and use blanket comments for everyone ....

over a year ago

evesham

Thanks

And no cycling on roads

All paid up and legal unlike some... but then you sound like your not at all considerate and use blanket comments for everyone .... "

Ignore him now, he had his own thread to wind people up on lol

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

Thanks

And no cycling on roads

All paid up and legal unlike some... but then you sound like your not at all considerate and use blanket comments for everyone ....

Ignore him now, he had his own thread to wind people up on lol "

:-Thank you for YOU’RE help Evie xx

By *orkDefender OP   Man
over a year ago

Just East of Wakefield

"I'm getting confused with all these cycling threads lol I'm sure I started a part 5 albeit a bit prematurely!

"

Sorry, if you had, I didn't notice

I just saw the 'thread closed' on the one that I get notifications on

Out today, totally mis-read the weather, as I was in bib-tights/long0sleeves (& on the day to day/winter bike)

Oh well!!!

A trip around Leeds Ring-Road, from Colton, as far as Otley Road (Lawnswood)

A pass down East Chevin into Otley

'Brew' & back

How I miss 'Dunnies' on the side of the Wharfe!!!

Back up the drap, to Bramhope, past Golden Acre Park

A short look back into Cookridge, then back via Headingley/city-centre & HUnslet/Stourton

over a year ago

Many thanks.

Forgot to mention, cyclists are very angry creatures "

So are motorists

By *imnher17Couple
over a year ago

Mirfield

As a pedestrian, cyclist, motorist and former 5-0. I have attended many a collision where the motorist albeight motorcyclist or driver have in 99.9% of the cases been at fault. Through their lack of spatial awareness and general poor knowledge of the highway code . Just saying.

By *heIcebreakersCouple
over a year ago

Cramlington

One mans opinion, other woman’s trolling "

Nah, you,re just trolling.

By *heIcebreakersCouple
over a year ago

Cramlington

Gel saddles don't always help - you get a kind of squirmy feel where the saddle and your chamois are moving around. It might be worth a trip to your LBS to see if they can do a saddle fit and can work on making sure your saddle fits your sit bones...

over a year ago

One mans opinion, other woman’s trolling Nah, you,re just trolling."

He does it subtly though.

By *uriousBeanCouple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

In our experience it is all about padded shorts and 5-6 long rides. Only after the 6th will your arse be used to the saddle.

By *heIcebreakersCouple
over a year ago

Cramlington

Thanks

And no cycling on roads

Why not cycle on a exercise machine?"

Why should I? I enjoy the birdsong and turning a corner on one of the high moors and seeing a few mates cycling towards me...

over a year ago

Thanks

And no cycling on roads

Why not cycle on a exercise machine?Why should I? I enjoy the birdsong and turning a corner on one of the high moors and seeing a few mates cycling towards me in a lorry to run me over..."

Okay then

over a year ago

Totally this

Thanks

And no cycling on roads

Why not cycle on a exercise machine?Why should I? I enjoy the birdsong and turning a corner on one of the high moors and seeing a few mates cycling towards me..."

By *heIcebreakersCouple
over a year ago

Cramlington

Thanks

And no cycling on roads

Why not cycle on a exercise machine?Why should I? I enjoy the birdsong and turning a corner on one of the high moors and seeing a few mates cycling towards me in a lorry to run me over...

Okay then "

Oh dear....

By *orkDefender OP   Man
over a year ago

Just East of Wakefield

Who's been out enjoying the Sun, for a ride??

I had a couple of decent rides on my last days-off

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Been enjoying the sunshine ....plus cycled part of Belgium and over the border into Netherlands...

By *orkDefender OP   Man
over a year ago

Just East of Wakefield

A great day for 'G'

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Keeping up the riding.... nice 50 miler yesterday on some unfamiliar localish roads... shame it rained but there you go.... still looking for more cycling buddies in Cambridgeshire

over a year ago

I like cycling shorts,very sexy

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

You need to get out more on the bike, it sounds stupid but your body gets gets used to cycling also the saddle shapes slightly to you.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Many thanks.

I'm not angry..... Just disappointed in your trolling exploits

You need side mirrors, insurance, number plate and reasonable consideration towards other motorists... how is it fair to hold off traffic behind you for 4 fucking 5 minutes! "

Another poor misguided car driver.

Where does it state that cyclists need any of them?

Absolutely nowhere.

It does however clearly state that powered vehicles need a number plate, insurance, a valid driving license to drive it and let's not forget the vehicle excise duty that needs to be paid on the vehicle (road tax was abolished in the 1930's)

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

"Keeping up the riding.... nice 50 miler yesterday on some unfamiliar localish roads... shame it rained but there you go.... still looking for more cycling buddies in Cambridgeshire"

You mean cyclists from the flat stuff ....

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

"As a pedestrian, cyclist, motorist and former 5-0. I have attended many a collision where the motorist albeight motorcyclist or driver have in 99.9% of the cases been at fault. Through their lack of spatial awareness and general poor knowledge of the highway code . Just saying. "

Surely the highway code is an approved code of practice for using the roads, as you can't be prosecuted by breaking any of the highway codes but they are refered to during a prosecution under the road traffic act.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"As a pedestrian, cyclist, motorist and former 5-0. I have attended many a collision where the motorist albeight motorcyclist or driver have in 99.9% of the cases been at fault. Through their lack of spatial awareness and general poor knowledge of the highway code . Just saying.

Surely the highway code is an approved code of practice for using the roads, as you can't be prosecuted by breaking any of the highway codes but they are refered to during a prosecution under the road traffic act."

The Highway Code is really a bit of a non entity... it's just a collection of rules, laws and advice stuck together in a book for people to read when learning to drive.

There are plenty of things listed that are actual laws though.

Cal

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

"Keeping up the riding.... nice 50 miler yesterday on some unfamiliar localish roads... shame it rained but there you go.... still looking for more cycling buddies in Cambridgeshire

"

very little flat stuff where we went.... plus... you get out in the flat stuff against the head winds... I'd rather climb 20% hills anyday

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

"Keeping up the riding.... nice 50 miler yesterday on some unfamiliar localish roads... shame it rained but there you go.... still looking for more cycling buddies in Cambridgeshire

very little flat stuff where we went....

plus... you get out in the flat stuff against the head winds... I'd rather climb 20% hills anyday"

Come down here and you can have 20% back to back all day long plus I’ll throw in a few 30% just for good measure.....

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

"As a pedestrian, cyclist, motorist and former 5-0. I have attended many a collision where the motorist albeight motorcyclist or driver have in 99.9% of the cases been at fault. Through their lack of spatial awareness and general poor knowledge of the highway code . Just saying.

Surely the highway code is an approved code of practice for using the roads, as you can't be prosecuted by breaking any of the highway codes but they are refered to during a prosecution under the road traffic act.

The Highway Code is really a bit of a non entity... it's just a collection of rules, laws and advice stuck together in a book for people to read when learning to drive.

Cal"

Although failure to comply with the other rules of The Highway Code will not, in itself, cause a

person to be prosecuted, The Highway Code may be used in evidence in any court proceedings

under the Traffic Acts (see The road user and the law) to establish liability. This includes rules which use advisory wording such as ‘should/should not’ or ‘do/do not’

Taken from the highway code itself.

over a year ago

evesham

Cal

Although failure to comply with the other rules of The Highway Code will not, in itself, cause a

person to be prosecuted, The Highway Code may be used in evidence in any court proceedings

under the Traffic Acts (see The road user and the law) to establish liability. This includes rules which use advisory wording such as ‘should/should not’ or ‘do/do not’

Taken from the highway code itself."

As with any Approved Code of Practice you would have to show good reasoning as to why you failed to comply with what it states to avoid prosecution. It's the same in health and safety. The HSE produce lots of ACOP's that sit under the various regulations. It's not law to follow them but you would have to prove that what you did do instead met the requirements of the regulations and the law.

over a year ago

evesham

Just wanted to look a bit clever and write about ACOP's

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

"Just wanted to look a bit clever and write about ACOP's "

Like the L8 document?

over a year ago

So today's commute home was far more difficult than it needed to be thanks to a solid headwind all the way

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

"So today's commute home was far more difficult than it needed to be thanks to a solid headwind all the way "

Head winds build character, or so I was always told. I used to love a good headwind along Brighton sea front, watching people get blown to a stand still as I slowly rode past them.

over a year ago

"So today's commute home was far more difficult than it needed to be thanks to a solid headwind all the way

Head winds build character, or so I was always told. I used to love a good headwind along Brighton sea front, watching people get blown to a stand still as I slowly rode past them."

My commute has plenty of character in the form of hills & crap roads, can't be dealing with a headwind too!!

over a year ago

evesham

"Just wanted to look a bit clever and write about ACOP's

Like the L8 document?"

Yeah. There is usually some blurb in the front saying that it's a guidance document and that duty holders would have to show evidence of complying with legislation if they choose not to follow the hse acop

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Like the L8 document?

Yeah. There is usually some blurb in the front saying that it's a guidance document and that duty holders would have to show evidence of complying with legislation if they choose not to follow the hse acop "

That is standard for all ACOPs

over a year ago

evesham

Like the L8 document?

Yeah. There is usually some blurb in the front saying that it's a guidance document and that duty holders would have to show evidence of complying with legislation if they choose not to follow the hse acop

That is standard for all ACOPs"

I know

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

130 in the bag this week...new routes too #HappyDays

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Looking at getting a fixed wheel bike.

It comes with a 46x16 set up, never used a fixed wheel before is this gearing good.

I normally spin a 50x15 or 14 depending how good I felt, but not turned any pedals in two years and looking to have a go.

over a year ago

"Looking at getting a fixed wheel bike.

It comes with a 46x16 set up, never used a fixed wheel before is this gearing good.

I normally spin a 50x15 or 14 depending how good I felt, but not turned any pedals in two years and looking to have a go."

As a general ride? I'd say it's a little big. 46*18 would be my choice

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I normally spin a 50x15 or 14 depending how good I felt, but not turned any pedals in two years and looking to have a go.

----

As a general ride? I'd say it's a little big. 46*18 would be my choice"

Strange, I would have said it was a little light personally, but it depends if you've got any real hills to deal with. Personally, I'd be looking at something akin to mid cassette... so 50x(14-16) would be grand.

Cal

over a year ago

So, after rupturing the ligaments in my sternoclavicular, I've given up any hope of riding outside this year and have set up the bike on the turbo trainer for the winter!

over a year ago

over a year ago

why can't you drive? Cycling is great exercise keeps you fit dump the car get a bike yer lazy gits

over a year ago

----

As a general ride? I'd say it's a little big. 46*18 would be my choice

Strange, I would have said it was a little light personally, but it depends if you've got any real hills to deal with. Personally, I'd be looking at something akin to mid cassette... so 50x(14-16) would be grand.

Cal"

I've ridden fixed for 30 years now and find lower gears far easier. It's all about spinning and being on top of the gear. Even racing track amd timetrials I think I onky ever used as big as 49 or 50×16. That said gear sizes on indoor tracks have rocketed recently. But I still think for most riders a gear that you'll do around 20mph at 100rpm is the ideal choice

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"

I've ridden fixed for 30 years now and find lower gears far easier. It's all about spinning and being on top of the gear. Even racing track amd timetrials I think I onky ever used as big as 49 or 50×16. That said gear sizes on indoor tracks have rocketed recently. But I still think for most riders a gear that you'll do around 20mph at 100rpm is the ideal choice"

I shall bow to your experience... I don't ride fixed, but assumed that it would equate to roughly where my gears are set on a quick flat ride.

Cal

over a year ago

Last week I saw a cyclist stop at a traffic light

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

"

I've ridden fixed for 30 years now and find lower gears far easier. It's all about spinning and being on top of the gear. Even racing track amd timetrials I think I onky ever used as big as 49 or 50×16. That said gear sizes on indoor tracks have rocketed recently. But I still think for most riders a gear that you'll do around 20mph at 100rpm is the ideal choice

I shall bow to your experience... I don't ride fixed, but assumed that it would equate to roughly where my gears are set on a quick flat ride.

Cal"

Where I hope to ride it is a mixed bunch of flat and hills, I am for once not looking forward to goimg downhill on a fixie though.

I need to lose weight so wasn't sure of going for mid range and spinning out, or bit higher and struggling to set off from lights and such like.

It is looking like I am going for a more mid range set up.

over a year ago

After an off in early July where I badly broke my arm I've not ridden since. It's been the longest I've been off the bike in years and I'm itching to get back on but think it's going to be another couple of months

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

This time in two weeks. I'll be on day two of my London to Paris ride

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple
over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

"This time in two weeks. I'll be on day two of my London to Paris ride "

Holy Moly....your profile alone ought to be enough to get a few more peeps out on their bikes! Good luck with the ride. Ought to be great fun.

I (Mr) recently dusted off my trusty old mountain bike and gently easing myself back in with regular rides along the Taff Trail out of Cardiff, if any others here.

Got Mrs to start cycling to work too a couple of times a week.

over a year ago

Have a great ride, I've a few friends that have done it and all have said it's an amazing buzz seeing the Eiffel Tower come into sight.

over a year ago

I’ve got two friends who are completing it today.

Maybe next year!

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

I’ve just got a new gravel bike and I’m loving it.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Just finished 300 miles- Saumur to Nevers. Great route but some shit signage along the way on official Loire Velo route.

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Still out there.... another 100 miles this week fitted in around work...

Some are already locked away on Turbo trainers...lol...

I'm out all winter on the road unless it snows and freezes over ...then I am forced to Turbo...

Still looking for local cycling buddy(ies) ....happy to ride in the week as well as weekends...

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

"This time in two weeks. I'll be on day two of my London to Paris ride

Maybe next year! "

Only three days now....thanks everyone for the

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Good luck....with the London to Paris

By *outhwestbenMan
over a year ago

Bath

Anyone watch much of the Vuelta? British cycling is having a pretty amazing time in the grand tours of late!!

over a year ago

"This time in two weeks. I'll be on day two of my London to Paris ride

Maybe next year!

Only three days now....thanks everyone for the "

I’d love to do this. Did Lejog this year so can’t complain too much. Enjoy!

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

And horse riding too I presume?

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Well first of all you need to know why you're hurting.

I assume that you are talking about saddle sores.

There are a few myths that need busting.

More padding in the saddle equals more comfort: wrong, the padding can cause your buttocks to develop hot spots

Saddles are easy to choose buy looks alone: wrong,

Womens' hips are wider than mens: wrong, some men need wider saddles and vice versa. Shoes come in various widths and lengths so do saddles.

Pedalling with padded (under) shorts are essential. That's why goalkeepers wear padded gloves.

Bike fits are a waste of money: wrong, like getting a suit or wedding dress adjusted to fit you. A better fit equals less pain, more riding and enjoyment.

Rest: Not enough and you won't recover, too much time off and you'll be back to square one. When the pain stops get back on it again. You'll have to learn how your body reacts.

Carrier bags on saddles are a good way of keeping your saddle dry: wrong all it does is cause you to slip and slide and cause more friction induced pain

Chamois cream, the stuff that pros put on their shorts is quite pricey, so if you put KY jelly on your nether regions, it's the perfect answer as that's where the gel belongs and it's dirt cheap (poundland and the like).

A good bike shop will sell a decent saddle for £25. Money well spent. A bike fit is a bit dearer. Your walking, saddle height and position, handle bar size and position and pedalling position are all taken into account. This is then used to make the minor adjustments, with massive gains. 2mph faster without trying is

quite noticeable, whether you are a novice, club rider or pro.

Invest in a foam roller, as tight glutes cause untold problems (I should know) all the way down your legs. Learn some basic yoga stretches too.

PM me if you want any website info to or have any other questions.

Cycling doesn't get easier: you just get faster. Greg Lemond

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

very little flat stuff where we went.... plus... you get out in the flat stuff against the head winds... I'd rather climb 20% hills anyday"

HI, I'm based in Peterborough and I'm on STRAVA. Love hill climbing, have two polka dot jerseys and love the Peak District. I have never walked up a climb! Alpe D'Huez for me, every time.

I've done 940 miles since March this year.

PM me if you wanna chat or buy some size 9 road shoes

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/09/18 23:28:23]

over a year ago

very little flat stuff where we went.... plus... you get out in the flat stuff against the head winds... I'd rather climb 20% hills anyday

HI, I'm based in Peterborough and I'm on STRAVA. Love hill climbing, have two polka dot jerseys and love the Peak District. I have never walked up a climb! Alpe D'Huez for me, every time.

PM me if you wanna chat or buy some size 9 road shoes "

Catch up, I’ve just ticked over 3000 miles this year!

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Catch up, I’ve just ticked over 3000 miles this year! "

That's impressive. Does that include commutes as well?

over a year ago

Catch up, I’ve just ticked over 3000 miles this year!

That's impressive. Does that include commutes as well?"

A few commutes but only once or twice a week, mainly club rides and races.

over a year ago

ban cycling on roads why..... ban booze and drugs may be a better idler save NHS ££££££££££££££££ the world would be full of "curvy people" sorry fat

over a year ago

Yeah, and so should cars they're the cause of most accidents"

People are the cause of all accidents..

over a year ago

he was talking out is back side..... ban cycling on open road...

By *heIcebreakersCouple
over a year ago

Cramlington

"Still out there.... another 100 miles this week fitted in around work...

Some are already locked away on Turbo trainers...lol...

I'm out all winter on the road unless it snows and freezes over ...then I am forced to Turbo...

Still looking for local cycling buddy(ies) ....happy to ride in the week as well as weekends... "

You can always do both - an hour on the Turbo Thursday night then 2300 feet of climbing yesterday out on the roads...

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Yeah, and so should cars they're the cause of most accidents

People are the cause of all accidents.."

Accidents are the cause of most people.

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple
over a year ago

Planet Ork

Hubby here, I’m fat and almost 50 and have started cycling again over the last few weeks. Just doing about 15 minutes a night at the moment. Enjoying it but it’s bloody knackering when you’re not used to it. I started playing 6 a side football last year to improve my fitness but recently picked up a groin strain which I’ve been struggling to shake off for a few months now. I’m hoping that the cycling as well as improving my fitness will help to improve my injury.

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

"Hubby here, I’m fat and almost 50 and have started cycling again over the last few weeks. Just doing about 15 minutes a night at the moment. Enjoying it but it’s bloody knackering when you’re not used to it. I started playing 6 a side football last year to improve my fitness but recently picked up a groin strain which I’ve been struggling to shake off for a few months now. I’m hoping that the cycling as well as improving my fitness will help to improve my injury."
Well done you.... Take your time and enjoy the ride

By *otmkcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Hope you don't mind me adding to thread but hubby here looking for riding buddies in Milton Keynes, enjoy road and MB but not out riding as often as I would like, (who knows may lead to fun times with wife along the way), at moment normally ride between 25 to 35 miles a time but would like to push further.

Ian

By *heIcebreakersCouple
over a year ago

Cramlington

"Hubby here, I’m fat and almost 50 and have started cycling again over the last few weeks. Just doing about 15 minutes a night at the moment. Enjoying it but it’s bloody knackering when you’re not used to it. I started playing 6 a side football last year to improve my fitness but recently picked up a groin strain which I’ve been struggling to shake off for a few months now. I’m hoping that the cycling as well as improving my fitness will help to improve my injury."
Make sure your saddle is set at the right height for you...

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

First ride in 2 years, not far just to get used to a fixed wheel.

To be fair for a fat bastard, I surprised myself.

Just need to work on junctions and lights, keep forgetting you can't freewheel.

over a year ago

"First ride in 2 years, not far just to get used to a fixed wheel.

To be fair for a fat bastard, I surprised myself.

Just need to work on junctions and lights, keep forgetting you can't freewheel."

Wait till you've got used to it, return to riding gears and then try and back pedaland find yourself wondering why you aren't slowing down! Or worse try a trackstand at lights on gears!

By *othasMan
over a year ago

wigan

Bicycles are so good, although I prefer off road

By *xonman53Man
over a year ago

Thame

"

Why not cycle on a exercise machine?"

Wouldn't get me to work n back...