Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Meet Today's and Single Guys

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is it just me or does anybody else wonder what the point is of single females and couples advertising to meet single guys when they want to meet today and they have them blocked from contacting them?! Many's a time I've seen these profiles and I've been interested in meeting the person or person's concerned but been unable to. If they're going to advertise they may as well temporarily unblock single guys from contacting them until they eventually arrange something. If they'd like to advertise but potentially look out guys themselves then there's no real point in including them in the ad It's a bit of a tease really, whether it's intentional or not is another thing but a little bit of common sense wouldn't hurt!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There was a thread about this in support and advice I think and from what I can gather admin are going to put a message up to get people to check filters when putting up meet todays as sometimes its just people forget to change them .

over a year ago

Thanks for the info JustJet. It's not something that's a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it can be a little frustrating. It's as if you're having someone thumbing their nose at you. Whether's It's intentional or not is another matter but it doesn't hurt to be a little considerate. And as for messages being put up It's good that admin have done something about it but I'm sceptical as to how many people will take notice. It's the same with single guys who when they read profiles contact single fems and couples when it expressly states "No Single Males!" But there's really not much else I can expect Admin to do I suppose.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Thanks for the info JustJet. It's not something that's a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it can be a little frustrating. It's as if you're having someone thumbing their nose at you. Whether's It's intentional or not is another matter but it doesn't hurt to be a little considerate. And as for messages being put up It's good that admin have done something about it but I'm sceptical as to how many people will take notice. It's the same with single guys who when they read profiles contact single fems and couples when it expressly states "No Single Males!" But there's really not much else I can expect Admin to do I suppose. "

because they may not be aiming it at you.....

meet today requests ends up on all of there friends update lists... so they may be aiming at people already on lists as opposed to someone completly new....

and besides if you want a meet and they are interested in you.. then surely they would get in contact with you if you are on the list????

why do people find such menial things to get annoyed about......

over a year ago

I did say it wasn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. But minor or not it can still be slightly irritating. If they have people on their friends list who they may be interested in meeting then surely the friend can make an enquiry if they're advertising to meet someone on that particular day. Either that or the couple of single fem can approach whoever they choose directly. And no-one has to put conclusively on their profile whether they want to meet single guys if they have them blocked on their profile. Is that so hard?

over a year ago

"Is it just me or does anybody else wonder what the point is of single females and couples advertising to meet single guys when they want to meet today and they have them blocked from contacting them?! Many's a time I've seen these profiles and I've been interested in meeting the person or person's concerned but been unable to. If they're going to advertise they may as well temporarily unblock single guys from contacting them until they eventually arrange something. If they'd like to advertise but potentially look out guys themselves then there's no real point in including them in the ad It's a bit of a tease really, whether it's intentional or not is another thing but a little bit of common sense wouldn't hurt!"

I've never done it yet but i do like to chat and work out if i will get on with someone rather jump in the car after the first Hi.

over a year ago

blocking single guys dont really mean they dont want single guys, it means they dont want new single guys contacting them

people on their friends list or who they have sent a message to before are excluded from the filter.

so they can still be after what they say they are on their meet and get it, it does not block everyone off - just new contacts

over a year ago

"I did say it wasn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. But minor or not it can still be slightly irritating. If they have people on their friends list who they may be interested in meeting then surely the friend can make an enquiry if they're advertising to meet someone on that particular day. Either that or the couple of single fem can approach whoever they choose directly. And no-one has to put conclusively on their profile whether they want to meet single guys if they have them blocked on their profile. Is that so hard? "

you cant advertise for a meet without picking what you want. i dont see how all this is rubbing your face in it that they want a male but not yourself.

the site is a tool for people to use for swinging and meets, its up to the users how its utilised. if they want to block single males and advertise for one they can.

your logic totally falls down in the case when a couple wants to meet a single guy only. what sense would it make advertising for the benifit of existing contacts that they want to meet a M/F couple or a F, when all they want is a single male.

the person on the friends list might think oh well they want a girl or couple and not bother, and they would get couples contacting them who they dont want to meet at that time.

if your going to use a contact site rejection is something you have to get used to. it might be irritiating but so what, its how they want to use the site and they can - if thats what they wanted single male they been in contact with before (or maybe they wanted to contact the males direct themselves) then thats the best method they can use.

and from my expierence on here couples that want single men to join them dont usually have them blocked all that often. see it sometimes but thats their preference.

just have to get on with it, coz in reality its not like because of the block you missed out on a 3some, coz you wouldnt of been blocked if they were interested

Post new Message to Thread