Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

SAD

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As I'm a bit of a S.A.D (Seasonal affective disorder) sufferer, Rather than by a SAD lamp I decided to move my desk over to the window to capture a little more light during the winter months. I've had a lovely afternoon watching birds fighting the squirrels for space on my very busy bird table, while I browse FAB, catch up on forum posts and gab to friends. Some might say sad? but I'm definitely not feeling down

Anyone else have a tough time with the winter months?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My other half most definately does,in fact I think hes hibernated and not told me

over a year ago

I am the exact opposite - hot humid weather makes me uncomfortable and often result in bad moods.

Hence I prefer to work in windowless air-conditioned environment, and have done so for most of the time since I started to work full time in 1987.

I am a self-confessed bat/alpine.

When I stay at hotels, the first thing I do when I walk into a room is to close the curtains!

I do like walking in the sun, however, only if it is a late/cool sun that is unlikely to give me a tan.

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

I am a ' SAD' person too. I live in the back of the house south facing.. the sun shines bright even in winter through the patio doors. Dont like grey days.

over a year ago

I'm not an official sufferer but I think it does get to me a little. I find I get tired much easier and want to eat loads all the time!

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

I live at 58.3 degrees north, which is slightly higher than the capital of alaska. At its worst, there's maybe 5 hours of daylight for 3 weeks either side of dec 21.

it's a hard slog in lots of ways.

i've started going on a sunshine holiday in october to get the serotonin reserves stock up for the next months. Placebo maybe, who knows.

Post new Message to Thread