i need to lose about a stone any tips

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

cut carbs out for a quick fix

over a year ago

big glass of water before you eat. no bics, choc crisps or other junk food in the house, just fruit which eat lots of to stave off hunger pains. Always carry fruit with you when out or at work.

Do not cut out meals, replace them with smaller or healthier ones.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Cut out rubbish, eat a good sensible diet with fresh fruit and vegetables and swap things for the low fat version

over a year ago

Half portions of food and chew slower, drink at least 2 litres of water a day and walk to the shops (if you can) rather than drive. Good luck

over a year ago

Mostly as the above....plus dont forget the exercise.

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

I know its easier said than done, but exercise...it can be a good buzz, and it means you can still have nice things to eat

By *otswbabeCouple
over a year ago

north cornwall

consume fewer cals than you use.

over a year ago

riding?

over a year ago

Exercise more and eat less, especially in the evenings.

I lost weight very gradually, nothing as spectacular as Diamondsmiles recent effort, by taking up dancing two nights a week, and cut down on what I eat in the evenings.

I also re-started to do stomach crunches.

Now I have dropped 2 sizes around the waist, and lost half a stone over 6 months, without sacrificing on the type of food I eat.

Result!

over a year ago

"i need to lose about a stone any tips"

Spit don`t swallow.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

i dont eat bread,sweets,crisps or take sugar. i only use oven chips and the purple top milk.

thanks for advice

over a year ago

Dont eat very much after 5 in the evening and eat like a king in the morning and at lunch.

over a year ago

"I know its easier said than done, but exercise...it can be a good buzz, and it means you can still have nice things to eat "

+1, Sorry but this will involve physical activity!

Exercise is the best way. Try and find a sport you like, get off a stop earlier from your bus/train and walk the rest of the way to work, cycle with mates. For even quicker results, change your snacking habits as this is where the rogue calories come from. Raisins and plain nuts instead of sweets and crisps.

Good luck.

over a year ago

"i need to lose about a stone any tips

Spit don`t swallow. "

LMAO. Brilliant!

By *DSRMan
over a year ago

leicester

take a gram of amphetamines and shag me for 12 hours.. you'll cut shagging fat, and lose about a stone of water to

you'll end up putting it back on fairly fast! but it would defo help me out coz i would love a fuck a thon lol

Ok it was a good idea in my head... maybe you could just use some fat burners? I can get some very strong banned stuff from my gym if you was interested (ps i'm not saying yoru fat, even skinny people sometimes use fat burners to make their skin tight around the muscle)

Just an idea

Like someone else said.. carbs = mass! cut them out

protein diets can be helpful (since you will lose energy without carbs, the protein will substitute a little, sorta!!!) not true but i did say sorta!

I dopn't know, to hung over to care

good luck

over a year ago

make some home made soups with veg and things will fill you up xx

over a year ago

try laxatives for a week

over a year ago

"I know its easier said than done, but exercise...it can be a good buzz, and it means you can still have nice things to eat

Exercise is the best way. Try and find a sport you like, get off a stop earlier from your bus/train and walk the rest of the way to work, cycle with mates. For even quicker results, change your snacking habits as this is where the rogue calories come from. Raisins and plain nuts instead of sweets and crisps.

Good luck.

"

ive got possible rheumatoid arthritis so exercise isnt easy.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

check out this thread, there is another three as well

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/73994

over a year ago

Plenty of Sexercise

over a year ago

"try laxatives for a week "
oooo no that will make her so ill xx

over a year ago

cut out the fizzy juice and alcohol for a couple of weeks, doesnt need to be exercise as such but brisk walks, will do the same, and as already stated dont eat much after a certain time of night.

over a year ago

"I know its easier said than done, but exercise...it can be a good buzz, and it means you can still have nice things to eat

Good luck.

ive got possible rheumatoid arthritis so exercise isnt easy. "

That's ok. Just do it as and when you can. I read that not all flare ups are caused by physical activity and that some days you can run marathons and other days, a flight of stairs is like taking on mount everest!

I recommend the walking. A leisurely walk burns a surprising amount of calories and you can dictate the pace.

over a year ago

I damaged my feet a long time ago by trying to walk a mile in high heels, and could not wear heels for long, let alone to dance in them. I had to give up tap dance as a result, and that was over 15 years' ago.

However, during one of my wake up calls, I thought, sod it, life is too short, and I am not going to let it stop me from taking up dancing.

So I bought myself a pair of dance shoes with 2in chunky heels.

6 months on, I am still dancing, and I can wear heels for longer, with no sign of my previous injury to the balls of my feet.

I am planning to take up tap dancing again as soon as I can find a class that fits into my schedule.

I personally believe it boils down to positive mental attitude in overcoming potential obstacles.

If one makes excuses for not doing something to start with, then IMHO, he/she is destined to fail at the onset.

If one can move, then one can find a way to do some form of exercise IMHO.

over a year ago

"riding?"

Trust you...

By *uriousc88Woman
over a year ago

Reading

The easiest and most simple way to lose weight and keep weight off is to change your lifestyle, eat less and move more.

Stick to complex carbs, as cutting carbs out completely is impractical, if you have pasta have wholemeal, if you have rice have wholegrain brown. Fill up on green veg rather than root veg. Stimulants like caffeine cause your metabolism to go a bit wonky, so I find limiting my caffeine intake helps me. Avoiding alcohol can help. Keep yourself hydrated, and make sure you eat a proper breakfast and lunch, even if you're out and about.

This one might sound a bit odd, but switch to a smaller plate. Research has shown that switching to a slightly smaller plate means that you eat smaller portions but still feel satisfied, because you've still finished a 'full plate' of food.

As someone who suffers badly from joint pain I can appreciate that exercise is often more daunting than most people are aware of. Try and find low impact things to do, and things that you can do around the house.

Turn getting up off the sofa into a squat, or picking the kids toys up off the floor into lunges. The exercises tone and build muscle, and the weight bearing helps to strengthen bones and joints. If you have a local pool, swimming can be very good low impact exercise, and very good for toning and weight loss.

Walking is good too, and just half an hour a day can really help.

Another thing that can help is setting yourself short term, achievable targets. Don't just focus on the scales, focus on having your jeans feel a little bit looser after a week, feeling as though you have more energy. That kind of thing.

Good luck, and hope some of this helps.

over a year ago

Good advice to start with walking which is low impact.

I did zero exercise 3 years ago, ate full meals in the evenings, and weighed 12 and half stone with a 38in waist.

Circumstances changed and I found myself on my own with a dog.

I started to walk him 20min or so on a daily basis, and have progressed to a few miles while we are on camping holidays.

I also bought a bike so that I can take him cycling with me, with him running next to the bike.

However, I am a very nervous cyclist as I am not very good at it, so I have not done much cycling lately, as dirt tracks hurt my bum!

I plan to get an indoor cycle trainer so that I can improve on my distance and stamina in the privacy of my own home, before venturing out and about with the dog on dirt tracks.

The aim is to take my bike with me when we go camping in Scotland next year.

I do feel more energetic having lost a bit more weight since I took up dancing in May this year, and the joints appear to be less creeky and more flexible.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Sacrifice one leg.

over a year ago

"Sacrifice one leg.

"

I was going to ask what good would that do, then I realise it means losing a stone in weight straight away!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Probably not the best piece of advice i've given Pearl. x

over a year ago

thanks for all your advice will start sorting through cupboards to see what food i hv thats gd for me.

over a year ago

"thanks for all your advice will start sorting through cupboards to see what food i hv thats gd for me. "

Don`t eat it all at once.

over a year ago

"thanks for all your advice will start sorting through cupboards to see what food i hv thats gd for me.

Don`t eat it all at once. "

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"i need to lose about a stone any tips"

exercise,cut out bread,cheese,high fat snacks,switch to skimmed milk,make sure two thirds of any meal is protien and veg/salad(remember potatoes are a veg)and eat breakfast...it cuts snacking.

Oh and dont let slimming world sue me for the above

Post new Message to Thread