Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

born, lived, living

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I am a Londoner, but have moved around a bit over the years and finally settled, happily, in the West Country... but took me a few moves to get here. My Nan's address book is pretty full and tells a bit of a tale.

London to Paris to London to Bristol to London to Bath to Bristol to Cornwall and finally Devon.

How did you get where you are?

Ben x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

have lived all over the world, but ended up 10 miles from where i was born

over a year ago

Born here in scotland, grew up here untill 16, London for 19yrs, then back here where i've always called Home.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"How did you get where you are?

"

Number 22 bus

over a year ago

From the age of 20 to 31 I had over 15 different addresses, I moved around a lot. Wither that was for work, the 6 month lease on a private let was up and I fancied a changed, or I just got bored and moved on.

Moved back to my hometown at 31, moved around about the same area a couple times.

Moved into my shoebox just over a year ago, which is only 3 miles from my hometown, and plan to stay.

over a year ago

Born in HK, came to England to study in Suffolk and stayed, went to uni in London, live there for a while, then Norfolk for 10 years while retaining my shoe-box of a flat in London, back to live in London for about a year, then about a year in a rented flat in Wiltshire, before relocating permanently to Wiltshire in 2006.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Born in Sweden. Lived there for Two years. Five years in Eastern Europe. Two years in London. Three in Birmingham. Middle East for five years. South Africa for one. Ten years in the U.S.A. Finally settling in the outskirts of Liverpool where I've been perfecting fairy stories ever since.

over a year ago

"Born here in scotland, grew up here untill 16, London for 19yrs, then back here where i've always called Home. "

It's funny, I still call London home, but would never move back. I have family and friends there still.. but I do feel out of place when I return. Most of the area I lived has been rebuilt, old landmarks have gone and my memories of places are now just that!

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

As a child, following my father's job, I lived in 7 different towns and cities across th UK, before I reached the age of 18.

Then I left home, and went into Hotel Management, where my "nomadic" living style continued! From 1973 to present day, I've lived in 32 different addresses. I move to my 33rd in two weeks.

over a year ago

"I am a Londoner, but have moved around a bit over the years and finally settled, happily, in the West Country... but took me a few moves to get here. My Nan's address book is pretty full and tells a bit of a tale.

London to Paris to London to Bristol to London to Bath to Bristol to Cornwall and finally Devon.

How did you get where you are?

Ben x

"

Born in London, dragged up in Bedfordshire, met Siren in a hotel down south and moved into her knickers in 2007, been here ever since.

over a year ago

kent, west glamorgan, norfolk, north africa and back to kent.

over a year ago

I was found under a cabbage and have been slowly degrading in various compost heaps ever since.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I live 9 miles from where i was born. Have done since i was 11 apart from the 5 years i was married then i lived in Leicester

over a year ago

I can`t remember...too many..

over a year ago

Born in London, moved to Bedfordshire where I raised my family. Then moved to India for a couple of years. Came back to UK went back to Bedfordshire them move to Buckinghamshire where I have lived in various places for the last 9 years. Have managed to stay in this flat for four and a half years ( a record for the last 11 years)

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

I live 20 miles from where I was born. Been here 38 years now.

over a year ago

Birmingham... Nice... Monaco... Menton... Ventimiglia... Birmingham... Not including various months at a time in other parts from Montreal, Tokyo, to Johannesburg and around northern europe...

Now happily furtling round the fens...

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

I must be strange, I've lived at two addresses in all my life.

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

south London/Liverpool/South London/Essex (3 locations)/Kent/Essex/Lincolnshire/Russia/Norfolk/Hampshire/Norfolk - K is slightly different lol

over a year ago

I was born in Brierley Hill in the Black Country, Kate was born in Wolverhampton.

We moved to Cornwall in 1995 with my job.

We can't see ourselves moving from here now

By *DSRMan
over a year ago

leicester

leicester and sheffied, i've lived all over leicester and a few places in sheff

right now i live down ta the bottom of the garden, with all the birds and the bee's with a lot of little people, their called the poddington peas

over a year ago

Born in Elgin have lived in Yeovil ,Chessington ,Caterham ,2 addresses in Hong Kong ,St Tonis ,Mulheim and 1 other cant remember name in germany , Northern Ireland ,Canterbury ,Aldershot ,Southend, Canvey Island and 2 places in Basildon phew think thats it

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"I must be strange, I've lived at two addresses in all my life.

"

So are we, have both lived at 3 addresses and they have all been within a few miles of each other.

over a year ago

born in torquay, lived in Dartmouth until i was 3, moved around being a forces child and when my step dad left the army and my parents divorced back down here just felt like the right place to be..

6 years later im still in the one place :D

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple
over a year ago

Lisburn

Born in London, moved to Lisburn, then lived in Huntington for a year then back to Lisburn.

By *he Happy ManMan
over a year ago

Merseyside

I lived a few places during my years of working and travelling. I always knew I would end up back in Liverpool one day though.

over a year ago

North Yorkshire, Berkshire, Port Elizabeth South Africa, North Carolina USA, East Lancashire..........to be continued as and when

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Oh dear... mine's a bit boring by comparison, although I have had 5 addresses, thay have all been in the same small town in rural sth wales, and now I live about 300 meters from the house I was brought up in.

over a year ago

"Oh dear... mine's a bit boring by comparison, although I have had 5 addresses, thay have all been in the same small town in rural sth wales, and now I live about 300 meters from the house I was brought up in."

I grew up in Tooting, I am glad in dont live anywhere near there anymore!

Post new Message to Thread