Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

manchester

Jump to newest

By *ouple1234 OP   Couple
over a year ago

BELFAST UK

How far from the airport is it to the main centre of town and aprox how much in a taxi

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's probably about 10 miles to the city centre. Not sure on taxi cost I'm afriad. Theirs normally a load of black cabs outside the terminals.

However if you want a cheaper alternative, Manchester airport also has a train station which goes into Manchester Picadilly.

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

There are various options between Mcr city centre and the airport.

Taxi: I know the usual Black Hackney Cabs (to give them their usual title) are governed by fixed tariffs from the airport into the City Centre with a fare agreed by you and the driver before the journey starts. Whether this is the same going out to the airport, I don't know.

Bus: There is one servie which links the city centre with the airport.

Train: You best option. Northern Rail and Trans Pennine Express both run frequent services 24/7. Journey times vary between 20 and 35 minutes depending on the service. From the station booking hall to the airport terminal, it is all under cover with numerous travelators to help speed your transfer time. Allow 10 minutes to transfer from the station to the terminal building.

Hope this helps.

By *ouple1234 OP   Couple
over a year ago

BELFAST UK

Thanks for that folks every bit helps

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

www.dot taxis-manchesterairport.co.uk/

They are quoting £18.00 one way

Google Manchester airport taxis there are a number of companies that you can pre book

Post new Message to Thread