Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Michael Jackson

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone else glad that this trial is coming to an end? I genuinely cannot understand the fuss around a washed up junkie dying! Yeah, his music 25 years ago was good, but his death protected a lot of innocents.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

he was a music icon and genius

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Hes dead? When did that happen then?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

how do you mean protected a lot of innocents??

i agree the whole hysteria surrounding the trial is annoying but dont you think, regardless of who it is, justice should be done and the truth should be told?

over a year ago

"Anyone else glad that this trial is coming to an end? I genuinely cannot understand the fuss around a washed up junkie dying! Yeah, his music 25 years ago was good, but his death protected a lot of innocents.

"

death protected innocence?? how you work that one out??

over a year ago

snap eves :D

looks like he's guilty even when proved innocent.

over a year ago

hes on about the kids hes alledged to have abused at a guess

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

All deaths that have an element of suspicion around them have to be investigated regardless, you can't pick and chose who gets this - where would it end? Z

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ok, im not a Micheal Jackson fan. But everything he had been accused of he was cleared. He has never been found guilty of anything

over a year ago

fair point diamond, but there again, was OJ Simpson really innocent????

over a year ago

Michael Jackson was amusical genius and icon.

His music was loved by many, he was a truly talented man and a superstar.

Yes he had issues, maybe mental health issues, he was avery troubled man and an exploited one.

I do not know about whether the allegations of child abuse were correct or incorrect. It appears that money played a major part in all of it.

I believe that anyone who dies in uncertain cirmstances should be given a fair trial to get to the truth. His family and children deserve that.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"fair point diamond, but there again, was OJ Simpson really innocent???? "

I just dont think you can go round saying "but his death protected a lot of innocents." When he was never found guilty of anything. None of us really know anything apart from what we have read in the press. As i said im not a micheal jackson fan i never "got" him. But i do think it should all be laid to rest now

over a year ago

"fair point diamond, but there again, was OJ Simpson really innocent???? "

Well he's currently serving 33 years so presumably not. Or are you talking about the murder trial for which he was found not guity. Well obviously we as members of the public who's knowledge of the case is only from an at times sensationalist and biased media probably aren't in a position to comment. I know where you are coming from, but when we start to believe that the judicial system is corrupt we are in many ways questioning the basis of our society.

over a year ago

i for one always felt sorry for him, look at his life, he was forced into the limelite at a very young age and it was the only life he knew, he never looked happy, i think he only wanted some love.

he was very messed up and i think most of us would be in the same situation.

a very clever man but i dont and never envied him.

as for the abuse, well i think he was in his head still a kid, so no wander he looked for other kids as company.

over a year ago

Did jury service once, when you put ten ordinary everyday people in a court who know nowt about law and how courts work and then the prosecution and defence teams are told, you cant include this and you cant say that or hint at this while trying to prove the case, then theres always going to be doubt over verdicts!

By *rumalexMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Did jury service once, when you put ten ordinary everyday people in a court who know nowt about law and how courts work and then the prosecution and defence teams are told, you cant include this and you cant say that or hint at this while trying to prove the case, then theres always going to be doubt over verdicts!"

same here did jury service years ago, some of the things i heard from members of the jury, does make you doubt a few decsions in court cases, one lady said she would go with the majority because she wanted to get out and be home by 4 to take her daughter to her dance class.

over a year ago

Have been on jury service a few times...Actually held one up cause I although I believed the guy committed the crime, I thought the actual charge was TOO serious considering the actual crime. If he had done as the prosecution said he did we would have been looking at a murder charge instead of a serious assault which is what he eventually was found guilty of...

As for Michael Jackson.......musically the man was a genious....his stage shows were immense...as a human being.......Guy was a human wreck....a time bomb just waiting to implode......

Yes I think conrad Murray was negligant and yes he should go down for it....As for deliberate murder......nah......

OJ on the other hand was definitely guilty on both counts......How he walked the first one still beggars belief

over a year ago

Just to add my two pennies worth,

If my child had been sexually abused by anyone, regardless of their status or value, I would never take a cash payout! The parents are no nothing more than pimps! I would want justice for my child not a fat wallet at his expense!

The only thing Michael Jackson was guilty of is being a big kid himself due to being deprived of his own childhood.

over a year ago

As soon as the Jacko case is sewn up, watch for the stories popping up and the claims for alleged happenings of one kind or another from some celebs and others.

I thought his best work was as the kiddy catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

over a year ago

"Ok, im not a Micheal Jackson fan. But everything he had been accused of he was cleared. He has never been found guilty of anything"

Thats not true as he paid off the children to avoid going to court. You could say an innocent man wouldn't give away millions if he wasn't scared of something.

over a year ago

"Ok, im not a Micheal Jackson fan. But everything he had been accused of he was cleared. He has never been found guilty of anything

Thats not true as he paid off the children to avoid going to court. You could say an innocent man wouldn't give away millions if he wasn't scared of something."

And a decent parent wouldn't take a back hander for his child being abused!!!

over a year ago

"Ok, im not a Micheal Jackson fan. But everything he had been accused of he was cleared. He has never been found guilty of anything

Thats not true as he paid off the children to avoid going to court. You could say an innocent man wouldn't give away millions if he wasn't scared of something.And a decent parent wouldn't take a back hander for his child being abused!!!"

In total agreement on that, still at a loss why anyone let the kids stop with him in the first place.

over a year ago

"Anyone else glad that this trial is coming to an end? I genuinely cannot understand the fuss around a washed up junkie dying! Yeah, his music 25 years ago was good, but his death protected a lot of innocents.

"

Im not of the mind that wacko jacko was a musical genius, far from it. doing a moon walk and grabbing ya crutch dont cut it for me.

But music is different things to different people. I love Prince and think his talents far outway jackos.

I also have a thing for a particular gorgeous turkish singer , but thats me.

Very ecclectic really

over a year ago

"I love Prince and think his talents far outway jackos.

"

and them some.

over a year ago

"Did jury service once, when you put ten ordinary everyday people in a court who know nowt about law and how courts work and then the prosecution and defence teams are told, you cant include this and you cant say that or hint at this while trying to prove the case, then theres always going to be doubt over verdicts!

same here did jury service years ago, some of the things i heard from members of the jury, does make you doubt a few decsions in court cases, one lady said she would go with the majority because she wanted to get out and be home by 4 to take her daughter to her dance class."

12 men good and true !

Yeah, my experience of jury service was farcical s`well..

over a year ago

"I love Prince and think his talents far outway jackos.

and them some. "

Both admired each other...tho Id say Prince was the more talented...his guitar playing is summat else...great singer songwriter..

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I was only 18 when I went on jury service and though the whole thing was just an show between the barristers

Some of the jury that were far more mature than I was at the time behaved like children it was embarrassing

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Gotta agree that Prince would rate as a musical genius, as would others like Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder and John Lennon. Jackson was an entertainer, but musical genius is going too far. his stuff was predictable and most of his big hits were written by others. I saw him at the old Wembley on the Bad tour. The show was spectacular, but his voice was not good enough to carry in a stadium.

Scary some of the posts on here about what happens during jury service, I have never done it, but would have liked to. Makes me think now that I would find it just too frustrating. Hard to believe that someone would make a hasty decision over someone's possible incarceration just so she could get her kid to dance classes.

With regards to the Doctor prescribing Jackson stuff, I agree that if he has been negligent, that he should be punished. My original post is that it is a farce having a 3 ring circus running for 6 weeks, just because it was Jackson who died. Would the case have lasted so long if it was Mrs Jones from 62 Acacia Avenue?

It also amazes me that since his death, Jackson has been feted as an icon, genius and near saint... when if you had asked anyone before his death, no one could give a rats backside about him.

With regards about his alleged abuse of kids, his money kept him safe, either through bribing the families to drop the case, or buying very expensive lawyers to defend him. I am not a parent, but I do know that if I was, I would not let me child be left alone in a room with him.

By *hite SnakeMan
over a year ago

leeds

Money talks the USA has the best legal system money can buy. If Gary Glitter had been tried in America and had Jackos money he would have got off too.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

The trial will last as ling as it needs to to hear all the evidence regardless if who it is, its just that this is a high profile case that you are aware of the length of the trial

And no one gave a rats ass about him???? Funny how he had a sold out tour coming up before he died then huh???

Just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean no one does

We will never know the truth of what happened with him and the alleged claims. As is shown above some see out of court settlements as admission of guilt others see it as the claimants trying to earn a quick buck.

Have to say I do have to question any parent that let's their child have sleep overs with a 30 year old man

over a year ago

Thats not true as he paid off the children to avoid going to court. You could say an innocent man wouldn't give away millions if he wasn't scared of something.And a decent parent wouldn't take a back hander for his child being abused!!!

In total agreement on that, still at a loss why anyone let the kids stop with him in the first place."

The same kind of parent who is in agreement for her 18 year old daughter to go and live in the playboy mansion with an 80 year old man and used as nothing more than a prostitute for the parties he holds.

Fame, celebrity and money do strange things to people.

I never came to the conclusion that Michael Jackson paid off the kids parents rather than going to court because he was guilty. I just don't think his lawyers thought he was mentally stable enough to go through an intense cross examination.

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

Thats not true as he paid off the children to avoid going to court. You could say an innocent man wouldn't give away millions if he wasn't scared of something.And a decent parent wouldn't take a back hander for his child being abused!!!

In total agreement on that, still at a loss why anyone let the kids stop with him in the first place.

The same kind of parent who is in agreement for her 18 year old daughter to go and live in the playboy mansion with an 80 year old man and used as nothing more than a prostitute for the parties he holds.

I never came to the conclusion that Michael Jackson paid off the kids parents rather than going to court because he was guilty. I just don't think his lawyers thought he was mentally stable enough to go through an intense cross examination.

"

At 18 years old I doubt their parents would have much say in what their daughters do

over a year ago

"

he was never proven or convictend of anything

personall i think he was innocent and was just used by a load of money grabbing parents who was not fit to have kids

but thats another story

yeah his death has had to much hype, many people died every year from medical fuck ujps but noone gives a moneys about them, whys his life so much more inportant?

over a year ago

"

i personally think he was innocent

everyone on this forum with kids ask yourself one question

if you honestly believe someone had been sexually interfearing with your child how much money would it take to shut you up? and would you really want the money of a guy who had hurt you child?

because for me theres no amount in this world that would let me allow such a person to hurt my kid and get away with it

The only reason these people took his money was because they knew their alligations was crap and they was just money grabbers using their kids as pawns in a game to make money

it only took one woman to make these claims and walk away with a small fortune before every parent of ever kid who had been there was saying the same

dont tale a genius to work out whats going off here

either that or they really did take money knowing their kids had been abused

and maybe if they was such caring parents they should have looked after their own children instead of shipping them off to stay with a man over night

again that seems odd to me

and im far from a micheal jackson fan but the whole story had always just stunk of money money money

over a year ago

i personally think he was innocent

everyone on this forum with kids ask yourself one question

if you honestly believe someone had been sexually interfearing with your child how much money would it take to shut you up? and would you really want the money of a guy who had hurt you child?

because for me theres no amount in this world that would let me allow such a person to hurt my kid and get away with it

The only reason these people took his money was because they knew their alligations was crap and they was just money grabbers using their kids as pawns in a game to make money

it only took one woman to make these claims and walk away with a small fortune before every parent of ever kid who had been there was saying the same

dont tale a genius to work out whats going off here

either that or they really did take money knowing their kids had been abused

and maybe if they was such caring parents they should have looked after their own children instead of shipping them off to stay with a man over night

again that seems odd to me

and im far from a micheal jackson fan but the whole story had always just stunk of money money money "

couldent have put it better myself...great post..

Post new Message to Thread