Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Age limits!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hello, I'm sick of people clicking straight on the 'send a message' button and not read profiles yet stating they have.......also not respecting my age limits. They are just wasting their own time and mine. Age limits are there for a reason and to be respected!

What's your view on this?

I suppose it will never stop but it really hacks me off!

Ali

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

phew glad im in yer limits!

over a year ago

Not really a problem with the age limit blocks. I guess you need to learn how to use the filters.

over a year ago

I set my age limits on my mail filters viola! no problem.

By *o Peep n WoodyCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

"I set my age limits on my mail filters viola! no problem. "

yep, works for us

over a year ago

since the age filters came on line a few months back not a problem

major reduction in wasted time

By *peedypeteMan
over a year ago

derby

I always respect age limits, but some folks state one limit in requests and another in the profile text, same as the ones who put in profile, we meet single males and then in requests say no single males.

Everyone should amke sure the profile is correct and then no excuse to braech someones limits.

By *woBiTwoCouple
over a year ago

north manchester

Some people don't take any notice of profile preferences (I actually suspect most DO read the profile, but act as if they hadn't) on the basis that, you never know, if they sling enough mud at the wall, some might just stick!

And, in truth, it can work for them occasionally. We had a very articulate message from one chap who did not meet all our requirements, but he was charming, and we took a chance, and had a ball when we met to play.

So, human nature being what it is, you won't stop this happening. Just ignore the messages that aren't compatible with your needs and move on.

over a year ago

Some just look at the pics here dont read the profiles . You get loads doing that .

over a year ago

some do try it on simple really

they see a profile with photos and just send a message and ask

sorry but thats life is, if you are unhappy with it just turn the filters on

over a year ago

"Some just look at the pics here dont read the profiles . You get loads doing that ."

We get a fair few do that too...

...and then we get the ones who read profiles properly that we meet

Wolf

over a year ago

"Hello, I'm sick of people clicking straight on the 'send a message' button and not read profiles yet stating they have.......also not respecting my age limits. They are just wasting their own time and mine. Age limits are there for a reason and to be respected!

Ali "

We have hours of fun deleting without reading the messages of all those who haven't taken any notice of our age limits!!!

over a year ago

"Hello, I'm sick of people clicking straight on the 'send a message' button and not read profiles yet stating they have.......also not respecting my age limits. They are just wasting their own time and mine. Age limits are there for a reason and to be respected!

Ali "

There is a very simple solution Ali, put all your filters on thereby effectively blocking everyone and do your own prospecting.

If youre doing the approaching then youre guaranteed to solve your headache.

Obviously i'm assuming your a relatively mentally secure person as this course of action will open you upto the sobering reality of rejection.

Your 'timewaster' problem solved instantly.

(Let us know if the advice helped or you opted to keep your current headache).

over a year ago

Age limits are there to be respected, but it helps if the profile owner knows what they want.

I saw one profile which stated for 47 n over to not bother mailing, but the age limits were upto 50 yrs old.

Confused the hell out of me, and I was within the age range.

over a year ago

"Age limits are there to be respected, but it helps if the profile owner knows what they want.

I saw one profile which stated for 47 n over to not bother mailing, but the age limits were upto 50 yrs old.

Confused the hell out of me, and I was within the age range."

Seems quite clear mate, over 47 don't bother.

over a year ago

Ali "

A lot of folk have met ladies of a similar age to yourself, and therefore make the connection that all women of that age will find them sexually attractive. People do have a habit of pidgeonholing others based upon certain things they have in common with folk they have met from the past, to the extent that they foolishly pay more attention to this than the fact you have told them that their age doesn't appeal to you? Stupid? Certainly, but some guys are optimists to the point of being ridiculous. And yes, some of them are also chancers Madam....

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/11/11 14:26:30]

over a year ago

The other solution is that you simply block the sender, good lady. Then they don't message you again, including the predictable whine about why you have blocked them. If they really want to know why then they have only to read your profile which to be fair they should have done in the first place? Yet it seems beyond some people.....

over a year ago

Ali "

Just had a look, is it mostly older or younger people u get messaging you, because if younger, it may well be because u have set your limit at 23 yeh state in your profile ( which says your 21) you dont want guys younger than you. just a thought. if its older then no excuse really, shame i fall out of your age limits, bring on feb :P 23 here i come :P

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

http://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters

Filters are a wonderful thing.

To the OP, I checked to see if you are using your age filters ( by seeing if I could send you a mail)....and you are using them so I am not sure how you are getting mails you don't want.

over a year ago

Ali "

blimey everyones pissing you off today arnt they? lol

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Ali

blimey everyones pissing you off today arnt they? lol "

well it is Thursday

over a year ago

Sort your age filters out but be warned anyone outside of your preference can still message you

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Sort your age filters out but be warned anyone outside of your preference can still message you "

They can only message you outside of the specific age range if:

A) you have them on your friends list

B) you sent them a wink

C) you have sent them mail in the past

over a year ago

Ali "

You've priced yaself out of being shagged by my fit, toned, and highly experienced in the art of making girls cum, body.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/11/11 06:33:28]

over a year ago

"Sort your age filters out but be warned anyone outside of your preference can still message you

They can only message you outside of the specific age range if:

A) you have them on your friends list

B) you sent them a wink

C) you have sent them mail in the past"

Yes sorry I should have mentioned that they can still message you if they have already messaged you as in c) but a) and b) are obvious and irrelevant to what I meant. Though to be honest, I am still getting people outside my age filter sending me messages that have not previously sent me a message nor I contacted them so it isn't particularly working that well

over a year ago

Ali "

How would that work at a busy party or club,,"ohh hello how old are you? Ohh hi how old are you then? And you, how old are you?".

Post new Message to Thread