Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I’m done bloody psoriasis

Jump to newest

By *he Devils Daughter! OP   Woman
over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

Fml right now god damn psoriasis had treatment n it’s not working n now been told got to wait for 8-16 wks for injections for it .. annoyed isn’t the word ... totally fucked up my social n fab life n meets , no one wants to meet a scabby dry skinned woman it’s not an attractive look no matter how much moistureiser I use it don’t help , totally pissed off now Cos had to put so many meets off due to my insecurities Cos of this

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sorry to hear this ... perhaps ask your regular meets how they feel about it?

By *erotic_adventureMan
over a year ago

Scotland & London

I read of a story where a man cured his using £3.99 baby moisturiser. You may already know all this!

By *ollymollWoman
over a year ago

Stockport

"I read of a story where a man cured his using £3.99 baby moisturiser. You may already know all this!"

Yes I read that one as well

over a year ago

"Fml right now god damn psoriasis had treatment n it’s not working n now been told got to wait for 8-16 wks for injections for it .. annoyed isn’t the word ... totally fucked up my social n fab life n meets , no one wants to meet a scabby dry skinned woman it’s not an attractive look no matter how much moistureiser I use it don’t help , totally pissed off now Cos had to put so many meets off due to my insecurities Cos of this "

Have you tried sunbeds? I know a few people this has helped x

over a year ago

Various family members and I surlffer with this, some more severe than others. Something we’ve found helpful is a product called MooGoo.

Google it, highly recommended.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I feel for you op, it's unfair! Would some cuddle meets, where attention is away from your skin, be any form of rebalance? I've had similar postponements when I've not felt comfortable with my skin and had considered them but when I promoted cuddle and hug meets I got FAF requests.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Sorry to hear that OP

I've had psoriasis since I was about 26, tried coal tar cream for a while, but that did two thirds of bugger all. Tried one or two other things as well in the first few years, again with very little positive results.

About 4 years ago, I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis, which causes me more grief than the actual psoriasis itself

over a year ago

"Fml right now god damn psoriasis had treatment n it’s not working n now been told got to wait for 8-16 wks for injections for it .. annoyed isn’t the word ... totally fucked up my social n fab life n meets , no one wants to meet a scabby dry skinned woman it’s not an attractive look no matter how much moistureiser I use it don’t help , totally pissed off now Cos had to put so many meets off due to my insecurities Cos of this "

A friend of mine pays to bathe in the dead sea once a year and it works wonders for her I know it's not practical but try and not get to stressed about it. X

over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

"Various family members and I surlffer with this, some more severe than others. Something we’ve found helpful is a product called MooGoo.

Google it, highly recommended. "

Thanks I’ll look into it

over a year ago

I’m not sure if it works the same but my sister had really bad ezcema all her life, tried everything and goats milk turned out to be what worked. She used all goats milk toiletries and drank it, it was amazing the difference after the medical treatments doing nothing. Hope you find some relief soon x

over a year ago

vitamin D..vitamin D ..and lastly vitamin D

over a year ago

A cream called child’s farm helped me a wee bit rather than the doctor stuff. But I got my best results by not using shower gel as it was aggravating my skin witch would cause outbursts. Use skin cream as a replacement to soap and my god what a difference it made. Hope you find what works for you soon as obviously cause and what works differs per person

over a year ago

"vitamin D..vitamin D ..and lastly vitamin D"
I take victim d pills as sunny scotland ain’t that sunny haha don’t relly want to do sun beds.

over a year ago

Try hydrocortisone cream. It's over the counter and works wonders

over a year ago

So sorry you have to go through this

Maybe you could look at this?

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/888786/Psoriasis-cure-Childs-Farm-moisturiser

over a year ago

I'm using that brand atm, but the one with tea tree in it, as I've had a break out. Can't say it's done anything to improve it though, but for his cheap it is got to be worth a try.

over a year ago

My other half is the same. He has it over his entire body. Litralley coverd. And he often cancels meets last min due to being so self consciouse.

We found that sea salts in the bath makes him a little less scaley and his patches arent as thick. He is currently waiting on treatment aswell.

If someone is put of by your skin balls to em. We would never judge someone like that. X

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Try hydrocortisone cream. It's over the counter and works wonders "

The over the counter cream won't be high enough strength. Fine for little small outbreaks though.

By *azza80Woman
over a year ago

Your wildest Dreams

A member of my family had 80% of his body covered in psoriasis and for years nothing worked. About 9yrs ago he was a 'guinea pig' for the injections trial and it cleared it up. So now he injects once a fortnight so it duznt flare up again, he has to keep the injections up tho or he wil hav a break out of it. Also stress makes psoriasis worse so dont let it get to u but once u get started on the injections, u wil see a massive difference. Gud luck OP xx

over a year ago

I am on injections too because I was covered head to toe.... two weeks after the first injection I was clear..... there are a few tests to go through first but its absolutely worth it

By *ollie1Couple
over a year ago

murcia spain

have u tried dead sea products

over a year ago

"Sorry to hear this ... perhaps ask your regular meets how they feel about it?"

There are alternative therapies with proven results x

over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

"I am on injections too because I was covered head to toe.... two weeks after the first injection I was clear..... there are a few tests to go through first but its absolutely worth it"

Really are they that good? X

over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

"have u tried dead sea products"

Yeah tried them all tried everything nowt works I’m sick of feeling like a leper now n it’s ruining my social life n I’m anxious n depressed daily Cos of it plus I won’t meet anyone off here Cos it’s so bad it’s literally ruining my life

over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

"A member of my family had 80% of his body covered in psoriasis and for years nothing worked. About 9yrs ago he was a 'guinea pig' for the injections trial and it cleared it up. So now he injects once a fortnight so it duznt flare up again, he has to keep the injections up tho or he wil hav a break out of it. Also stress makes psoriasis worse so dont let it get to u but once u get started on the injections, u wil see a massive difference. Gud luck OP xx"

Thank u x

over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

"I am on injections too because I was covered head to toe.... two weeks after the first injection I was clear..... there are a few tests to go through first but its absolutely worth it"

Tried to DM u but it won’t let me but please dm regarding the injections ur on I wud be so grateful x

By *organ and rob zombieCouple
over a year ago

bradford

This may be a stab in the dark but do you by any chance eat/drink a lot of dairy? Our son had psoriasis all over his head a couple of years ago, he got cream from the doctors but it didn’t work, our friends noticed and asked us the same question, he did at the time eat a lot of cheese and drink a lot of milk, he cut it out for a couple of months by going on to soya, the psoriasis cleared up, he’s since reintroduced dairy back into his diet and seems to be fine apart from the odd flair up but we think that’s when he’s had too much dairy?? But aren’t really sure? You might be able to help prove our theory?? Hope you get it sorted soon!

By *_Yeah19Couple
over a year ago

Lincoln

My go to suggestion for a lot of health problems is cut out processed food, keep it real and a bit lower carb. After that you can make specific tweaks and see how it goes.

A lot of conditions that you think need outside intervention (creams etc) actually need sorting out on the inside so it’s always something worth having a proper go at.

Always happy to offer advice on how to do such tweaks, it’s my thing

TB

over a year ago

"I am on injections too because I was covered head to toe.... two weeks after the first injection I was clear..... there are a few tests to go through first but its absolutely worth it

Tried to DM u but it won’t let me but please dm regarding the injections ur on I wud be so grateful x"

i cant message you either... I'll change my filters for a day or so to allow contact xx

By *mac123Man
over a year ago

Belfast

I had them and sunbeds cleared them up for me hope that helps

over a year ago

For all you sufferers of psoriasis there is a drug called methatrixate not sure if that is spelt correct but it is a cancer drug which side effects are curing psoriasis I know people that have taken it and been cured totally only thing is you can't drink to excess and you have to have regular liver checks might be worth looking into or speaking to your Dr

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Evening primrose oil tablets will help take it down to manageable level.

Also look out for oatmeal moisturising creams or bath oils (which incidentally help eczema), failing that, put some porridge oats in a cloth and tie it closed, put it in the bath when you bathe, does the same thing.

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

I am sad for you.. I have psoriasis on my head and that is frustrating enough leaving dandruff all over my shoulders no black.

Can you not wear sexy outfits that cover the problem areas Tight lacy things with sleeves tights with open crotch etc.

I understand your discomfort on this.

I am sure there are kind understanding men out there for you.

x

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Sorry to hear that you're suffering twice, on the skin and in the mind.

I've got a little patch on my right shin, so It's been there for years, so long as I don't scrape it on anything sharp, when I'm wearing shorts, it won't grow.

My GP has given me Elocon cream, did you start off with this too? I am also using sunnbeds 4-8 mins a week. So far so good, but these are a slowburn condition, that takes time, along time.

If you want to think outside of the box, why not contact the producers of Embarrassing Bodies, you never know, it might work.

Good luck.

Post new Message to Thread